Habla la Diosa de la Lucha Libre

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

Habla la Diosa de la Lucha Libre

Post by Billy »

ooc: Good luck Ben, always fun to be paired up with you!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The video opened on Raquel Diaz pacing in an empty hallway. It was hours before the Pechanga Arena would be filled to the brim with screaming EBWF fans. She was already decked out in her ring gear with the EBWF Women’s Championship belt strapped around her waist. She rubbed her forehead as she continued to pace back and forth. After a couple more moments she turned to face the camera.

~·Raquel Diaz·~
Sometimes, you have to strip away all the pomp and circumstance. You have to tear it away to the bare bones and tachuelas de laton. In the shadow of Summerslam we should be celebrating my stunning victory over Red Velvet. A victory so absolute that she’s tucked her tail between her legs and headed back to Jacksonville. En retirada temerosa! But, we’re not celebrating the greatest EBWF Women’s Champion to ever live. Instead, we’re building tension in the ongoing war between Aiden English and Chris Jericho. A war I thought I was safe from even as it spun up into Kingdom versus the Starship Losers. But that’s because I forgot about Paul London’s favorite alien. So now I’m being drug into the mix by Kris Statlander. El extraterrestre perdido. Just another example of the EBWF Women’s Division taking the back seat to the men of this company. Not only that, but we’re not even headlining the show. That glory goes to Christian Cage and the Miz! Seriously? Cage? Miz? Esto debe ser una broma! The disregard for the Women’s Division couldn’t be anymore blatantly disrespectful. It’s a shame what this company thinks of us. What Wes is signaling to the Universe about the great women of this company. It’s pathetic that Chris is using his pull in the company to degrade an entire division. And it comes off a Summerslam that had three massive Women’s matches. Is anyone talking about Britt Baker’s victory? No! Is anyone talking about Trish Stratus overcoming the Coalition almost single handedly? Nope. Is anyone talking about how la Diosa de la Lucha Libre put away Red Velvet in an unprecedented manner? Nope. And it’s because of stunts like this!

Raquel mimicked pulling at her hair as she let out a silent scream.

~·Raquel Diaz·~
Concentrate en mi. While I share in my husband’s hatred of Chris Jericho, I don’t have anything against Kris. And although my social media feeds are being flooded with questions about Wargames, I intend to make a showcase of THIS match. By all accounts Statlander is a decent woman, a fine wrestler, and a buena alien. If you listen to the PR spin of Captain London and his barely men then you might have even heard that she’s the best wrestler in the Andromeda Galaxy. Felicidades! I’m not sure how big of an accomplishment that is, but congratulations none the less. Perhaps, it’s an amazing feat and no one here can take that away from you. However, you’re facing down two massive problems tonight. One, you’re two and a half million light-years from home. This isn’t Andromeda. This is the Milky Way. You’re not the best in this galaxy! Two, you’re facing down an icon of the industry. The best woman in the whole damn Universe! Tonight, you go to war with the EBWF Women’s Champion and, just like Jericho’s battle against Aiden, it’s a war you have no hope of winning.

Raquel looked at the title around her waist and smiled wide to the camera.

~·Raquel Diaz·~
So tonight, can be about Aiden English versus Chris Jericho. It can be about Kingdom versus the Time Traveling Twerps. It can be about anything that anyone wants it to be. But it’s also going to be about Kris Statlander versus Raquel Diaz. Because if you beat me tonight, there’s a title shot in your future. You beat me tonight and you will have done what no other woman has done since I returned to the EBWF. What no woman has been able to do since I gave birth to my lovely daughter. Dios bendiga su alma. You’ll have accomplished the impossible. You’ll have made a name for yourself off the back of la Diosa de la Lucha Libre! You’ll have earned the right to challenge for MY EBWF Women’s Championship. Sounds great doesn’t it. Los sonidos pueden enganar. For every upside there is a down. And this down is at the bottom. You see when you lose. When you fail to live up to the hype of being the best alien in Andromeda. When you’re laying on that mat beaten, broken, and crying. You will know that Paul London and Chris Jericho did this to you. You will know that the freakshow of men you’ve been running with is holding you back. Because it’s going to be Kris Statlander versus Raquel Diaz, but the Universe will be thinking Chris Jericho versus Aiden English. It will be the Goddess versus the Alien, but the Universe will be thinking Kingdom versus Freakshow. It will be everything and you will be nothing. Menos que nada. Brought low at the hands of Raquel Diaz but at the request of Chris Jericho. Your leader London will have fed you to the wolves. There will be nothing left for you in the Milky Way. Nada mas que derrota.

She tilted her head back in a cackling laughter. Her hands clutched at the title as she tried to calm herself.

~·Raquel Diaz·~
Just like at Summerslam, I’m coming down to that ring tonight with one thing in mind. Establishing just how vicious of a competitor I can be. Una mariposa de obsidiana. Let me be frank. Warfare is going to be your burial ground. It’s going to be your final resting place. A month ago it would have been different. I would have been different. A month ago I didn’t feel like I was fighting a losing battle to make this title relevant. A month ago I felt like this division had unlimited potential. A month ago I didn’t possess this sed de sangre given to me by Becky Lynch’s disrespect and disregard for her fellow Women. But, if this crowd wants to get behind someone who lacks character. If they want to cheer for and awful, miserable, malvada bitch. It may as well be me. So, I’m going to come down to that ring and I’m going to dump you on your back. Not once, not twice but all three times with that trio of suplexes made famous by my father Eddie. I’m going to introduce you to la legado familiar when I drop you to the mat with the Gory Bomb. I’m going to make you understand generational talent when I lock in MY Lasso from El Paso and force you to do the unthinkable. Force you to submit in the middle of the ring. Force you to admit that I am better than you. That Kingdom is better than your merry band of misfits aboard the Starship Loser. Force you to admit to this EBWF Universe that Chris Jericho was a fool for pulling the strings to get this match in the first place. Just for a moment I’m going to make them forget about Aiden versus Chris. I’m going to make them focus on us. Focus on you. Because this may well be the EBWF Universe but you’re truly Lost in Space if you think this alien has any chance of beating me! Salir a comer.

Raquel turned her back to the camera and tilted her head forward to expose the nape of her neck. She let out a slight chuckle. She spoke facing away from the camera.

~·Raquel Diaz·~
With stunts like this, it’s not going to take long for Wes Ikeda and his crony Jericho to sink the EBWF Women’s Championship into the same obscurity as the Breakout Championship. It won’t take long for this division to fall as far as the EBWF Tag Division. These women are going to start looking for greener pastures and returning to their homelands if we don’t highlight them! If we don’t lift them up above the smog they’re going to die. We will find a place that makes us the priority even if that place isn’t the EBWF. Nosotras vamos a buscar un terreno mas alto. We’re going to find somewhere that we can put on a show and be remembered over a backstage attack. But, for now, the women of the EBWF must endure this disrespect and make the best with the opportunity we’re given. We must accept our position on the card and prove them wrong every time. I’m going to beat Kris Statlander, have no doubt. But her and I need to do what I did with Leva Bates. We need to burn down the arena and leave nothing but scorched earth for the boys that happen to go on after us. We need to turn this crowd inside out and make the Main Event look like the joke of a match it is. We’ve got to prove that we, all of us, deserve better than what we’re given in the EBWF. We’ve got to prove we deserve more opportunity, more screen time and better treatment. You and I, Statlander. And, we have to do it all in the oppressive shadow of Chris Jericho’s big challenge. We have to do it with Wargames looming in the hearts and minds of the people. Aunque a nadie le importe.

Raquel held up her fist. It was wrapped in red tape that matched her ring gear. On the back of her hand a gold crown had been crudely drawn on in gold. Her chuckle broken into the devious laughter she had become known for in the EBWF. As a black vignette closed in on her fist there was a sudden burst of static. Then, the video ended.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*