Speak For Yourself

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
D.J

Speak For Yourself

Post by D.J »

Aiden English was a name that was more than familiar to The Miz. These two men who had been connected in various avenues and platforms over their time in the EBWF. They were two guys that sat on the outskirts right now, of the EBWF Championship picture and they were two guys that above all else, were tremendously competitive. So whether this match was first, second, or last at Warfare, it would be a match that both were hell bent on winning.

The scene opened up in the Los Angeles, California home of Mike and Mickie Mizanin. Mike AKA Miz was sitting on the couch with his elbows resting against his knees. He wore a white nike dri-fit with a blue check and matching blue sweatpants. He was definitely dressed as though he was home and relaxing. In the backdrop of the scene was his wife Mickie. Mickie was feeding baby Alexis- and seemingly was not paying attention to the camera that was in their house. Miz Angrily stood up. He then sat back down, after a couple more beats, he was back up. Pacing. Mickie now noticed the restlessness of her husband. She asked the question that everyone watching was thinking.

Mickie Mizanin: Babe what's wrong?

The Miz stopped pacing. He looked at Mickie briefly as he sat back down. Elbows back to his knees. Not making eye contact with her as he responded.

The Miz: It's so rare that I say this, but something that an opponent said.. has me rattled a bit. When Aiden English came out here, and he put him and I in the same category, the same boat, when he said that we were both pawns in this business, that has crawled up in my skin and it just won't vacate the premisis. Aiden- we are NOTHING alike. It's not that I don't take you serious, because I do, I recognize that you are one of the better guys that exists around here.. but to say that we are ALIKE.. to say that we are ONE in the same.. no no.. that's just not true.. and the fact that that is what you truly believe makes me sick to my frickin stomach. I'm the Miz- which means that nobody.. NOBODY aiden.. including and especially you.. are one in the same with me. I get that you have this underlying issue with Chris Jericho, that you are trying to group me into.. but I'm not worried about your issues with Chris.. I'm simply worried about making a loud and clear statement that you shouldn't be worried about Chris.. because who you should be worried about.. IS ME. I'm not the guy that you painted a verbal picture of today. I'm no PAWN.. in fact I'm the one MOVING the pieces.. and I have been since the first time we tangled Aiden. Whatever I want to happen in the EBWF.. THAT is what happens. I'm not going to sit here and listen to you patronize me to take shots at someone else. You are exactly right.. someone will be getting torn limb from limb.. but it won't be both of us.. it'll just be you- but the reason Aiden, the reason, it's not going to be simply because of pride. For me it's going to be because you clearly have a misconcpetion as to who I am, and why I do things. I'm not going to compete out of pride. I'm going to compete out of neccesity. I need to win.. everytime I walk down the ramp.. and I get into the ring.. my fire.. my passion BURNS.. and I need to be victorious EVERY time I step foot in the squared circle.. and it's been like that as long as I can remember. I'm not worried about anything, anyone else, except whoever is in front of me.. and right now.. ONCE again.. that man who is in front of me is you Aiden. It's you. Which means ONCE again.. the man who I'm going to dismantle, the man I'm going to embarass, the man I'm going to show KNOWS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, about me or the way I'm wired.. is you Aiden.. is you.

Mickie Mizanin smiled as she fed Alexis.

Mickie Mizanin: He clearly doesn't know who he's dealing with here.

The Miz smirked.

The Miz: Right as usual babe. He doesn't, he musn't, he couldn't.. because I don't know how he expects me to react to things this go-around. Am I supposed to smile, say "aw shucks" and say may the best man win, just because he gave me a couple of compliments and told me that he expects me to bring my A-Game? Aiden, I may be pretty focused right now on being the best entertainer I can be for all of my Mizfits, but one thing I'm never going to be is soft. I don't care if your whole interview was about how much you like me, my hair, my clothes, my ability. I don't care if you friggin made out with a cardboard cut out of me on live television. I don't care if you compliment me, patronize me, empathize with me. The fact is I don't like you. I don't like your pale skin, your weird smile.

The Miz paused for a second knowingly.

The Miz: So good for me... so right?

Mickie Mizanin chimed in.

Mickie Mizanin: And how you held me in your arms that Septmeber night..

The Miz retorted quickly.

The Miz: I just don't like you Aiden. I don't like you.. but more importantly.. despite what you may think.. I'm NOT like you. I'm not like you.. because what I am.. is the EBWF Gateway Champion.. and what I'm soon to be.. is a FIVE TIME EBWF Champion.. and this walk down memory lane that you subjected everybody to this week. This nostalgic nonsense about how you used to be in main events.. that a Miz/English match.. used to be a lot more important than you would see on a run of the mill Warfare episode.. but the fact that we're here right now, Aiden, has so much more to do with you than it does with me. You see I'm good Aiden.. I'm still right where I'm supposed to be. I'm on a crash course to be the EBWF Champion once more.. and you.. well you're basically an almanac regurgitating all of the things you accomplished once upon a time.. which news flash.. wasn't even all that much to begin with. If you're going to be a hasbeen.. at least accomplish more.. so that when you talk about it.. people are forced to give you any ounce.. any shred of respect. God Aiden.. it's getting sad for you.. it really is. Not only do you not matter anymore.. but now you want to try and categorize guys that CONTINUE to be the standard of success.. in the same breath as the likes of you? REALLY? Aiden... REALLY? In your heart of hearts do you really believe that you and I are the same? That we're equals? That we're anything alike? You might have a match with Chris Jericho coming up, you may still be in the public eye.. you may still be on EBWF programming.. which is more than I ever would have expected from the likes of you.. but there's one thing you aren't.. and there's one thing you've never been.. and that is AN EQUAL.. to The Miz. The fact is Aiden.. is I have never.. and WILL NEVER.. have an equal.. and even if I did.. it would not be some balding pasty reject who looks like one of those actors in those progressive commercials who are turning into their parents. I mean seriously how am I supposed to be intimidated by a guy who is one "Air Monarchs" purchase away from being a literal dorky dad in a wrestling ring.. and I know.. I'm a dad too.. but I'm not like a regular dad.. I'm a cool dad.. right Mickie?

Mickie Mizanin: Please stop talking..

Somewhere writers of Mean Girls appreciated the reference. The Miz smiled before continuing.

The Miz: The point is Aiden, SPEAK for YOURSELF. You may be content with the fact that you were a once upon a time success here. CONTENT with the fact that your whole schtick now is going to be to blame Wes, Chris, or anyone else for holding you down.. but there's one thing that I will NEVER be and that is CONTENT. Even when I'm the EBWF Champion.. which is something I have been 4 times.. and will be again VERY soon.. I've never been CONTENT. I'm driven, wired, pushed everyday by this want.. this NEED to be the best EBWF superstar in the history of the company. In my mind.. I'm damn near there already.. so excuse me if I don't get insecure about the fact that I'm not the Main Event of Warfare.. excuse me if I don't get insecure about the fact that I'm facing you on Warfare. The truth is Aiden.. it doesn't ring that false to me.. you may look at this match and wonder how you facing ME.. could be on anything but Pay-Per-View and the fact is.. the reason you feel that way, is because you clearly have an inflated opinion of your own ability and how much you matter around here. I saw that we were facing each other, and my first thought was.. yeah I'm not the main event.. because nobody has given a shit about Aiden English for a hot minute now. Me facing you on Warfare didn't ring false to me.. because basically Warfare is a place where I beat the shit out of people.. to tune up for my pay-per-view matches. It's how it's always been.. and seeing you as my opponent Aiden.. it didn't make me think anything but the fact that this is clearly about to be business as usual. So though you may respect me, though you may think that I'm going in with the same mindset as you, I certainly don't respect you. I know that you have some ability.. I know that there have been times that you have been one of this companies best.. but October 2021.. is just not that time for you, is it Aiden? You're hanging on to the coattails of your former self, and you can't stand it that I remain in the spotlight.. the forefront.. the TOP of the totem pole around here. Randy Orton may be the champion.. he may be married to the bosses sister.. you may be paranoid about the inner circle of this company conspiring against you because of your beef with Jericho.. but they aren't holding you back because they don't like you Aiden. You aren't NOT getting what you think you deserve because they don't want to give you a chance.. it's because you suck.

The Miz smirked at his own joke.

The Miz: Honestly Aiden the fact that you've had ANY success around here is a Christmas miracle.. the only thing that's truly holding you back right now.. is your inability to maintain that fluke flash in the pan run you had a year ago. Even listening to you talk.. you paint you and I as "victims" but the only victim here is you. The only person who has spent more time in recent memory blaming others for your lack of success.. the only person who has a self-fulling prophecy of being a failure.. of being a nobody.. is you. I still am VERY much aware of who I am around here Aiden, so again I say.. SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. I'm refusing to hop on the swingset of medicority and whining.. with you Aiden. I just won't do it. My name is Mike Mizanin.. folks call me the Miz.. and I am the EPITOME of consistent.. the EPITOME of longevity, the EPITOME of excellence in this company. Whether I am opening the show.. or headlining it.. I ALWAYS STEAL IT.. so I'm just not worried about the things that losers like you are worried about Aiden. I'm not worried about this match being set-up so that we can be two threats beating the crap out of each other for the amusement of higher up superstars.. because as far as I'm concerned.. we won't be beating the crap out of each other.. I will be beating the crap out of you.. and it won't be for the amusement of higher up superstars.. because last time I checked.. I am the HIGHEST of Higher Up Superstars that exists in this entire company. I'm not going to sit at the loser lunch table with you Aiden, just because you are eating your plain ass turkey sandwich that your mom packed you, just because you are eating alone. There are people that are meant to be stars..and there are people that are meant to complain about the things that the stars do. You Aiden are mistaken if you think that we are both the latter. I am and have always been the former.. and this isn't me overlooking you Aiden.. it's me simply put.. KNOWING you. I know who you really are. I know what you're really about.. I know what your ability is in the ring.. and I know that it DOES NOT COMPARE TO MINE.

The Miz stood up once more and began to pace.

The Miz: So how dare you, Aiden? How dare you try and group me into your pity party? How dare you try and spew lies about where things stand around here. How dare you expect anyone of my intelligent fans to believe the nonsense that you are feeding them. How dare you expect me to sit back and agree.. or even worse.. appreciate your sentiments. It's clear that I know you Aiden.. I know what you've become.. but it's also clear that in this moment in time.. you've OBVIOUSLY forgotten WHO I AM. You've obviously forgotten that I'm the god damn GOAT.. I may know you.. but you certainly don't know me anymore Aiden. You may be OK with being OK.. but I'll never be OK with being OK.. I'll never feel ORDINARY about being ORDINARY.. I'll never make excuses about why I'm not on top.. because I'm either going to be on top.. or I'm going to be on my way to the top. I have no other setting.. I have no other history over the past 9 years. I have been a major player.. day after day.. week after week.. month after month.. year after year.. and just because the same can't be said for you Aiden.. doesn't mean you have to try and drag me down with you. You may want to reach out to the world for a free pass or grace.. you may want to point fingers at others for why you aren't where you want to be anymore.. but the only one you have to blame for you being a JOKE.. is yourself. You may not be happy here anymore.. but that certainly doesn't mean.. that I have to be unhappy. In fact- I can guarantee that after Warfare.. I will be happy.. I'll be elated.. because I'll have yet another win.. and you'll have yet another failure that you can blame someone or something else for.. to add to your scrap book. Not a star anymore? Not a main eventer anymore? Not a draw anymore.. oh Aiden...

SPEAK.

FOR.

YOURSELF.

BECAUSE I'M THE MIZ..

AND I'M STILL.. IN EVERY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.....

AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Miz sat back down.. staring at the air in front of him. He looked completely possessed and ready to go to battle with a familiar foe. The scene faded.
THE MIZ

EBWF World Champion (x7- Current) EBWF Intercontinental Champion (x3) EBWF Tag Team Champion (x2) EBWF PTG Champion (x2 ) EBWF Gateway Champion (1x)