Joey Styles to leave EBWF; Mauro Ranallo announced as his replacement

Ben M

Joey Styles to leave EBWF; Mauro Ranallo announced as his replacement

Post by Ben M »

http://www.pwinsider.com
Friday September 22 2017
Mike Johnson

EBWF just announced that Mauro Ranallo will be replacing Joey Styles as their lead announcer. The full press release is below:

EBWF is pleased to announce that Mauro Ranallo will be joining the company as our new lead announcer. Mauro will make his first appearance for EBWF at Destiny this Sunday, live from Madison Square Garden.

Mauro has more than 30 years experience as a wrestling announcer, having started working for Vancouver based All Star Wrestling when he was just 16. He has worked as an announce in multiple combat sports, including boxing, kickboxing and MMA.

Speaking to EBWF.net, Director of New Talent Development and EBWF General Manager said: "I'm a huge fan of Mauro Ranallo's work and I'm delighted he has accepted an offer to join the EBWF announce team.

Mauro told EBWF.net: "I am thrilled to be working for EBWF and can't wait to get started!"

Ranallo will be replacing Joey Styles, who has decided to take a break from full-time announcing. Speaking to EBWF.net, Styles told us: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with EBWF, but having been an announcer for over 25 years, I think it's time I pursue other interests. Destiny will be my final night in EBWF, and I can't think of anywhere in the world I'd rather sign off than Madison Square Garden."

EBWF would like to thank Joey for his hard work and dedication, and wish him all the best for the future.