London Press Conference - House of Havoc Announced!

Ben M

London Press Conference - House of Havoc Announced!

Post by Ben M »

Wednesday, January 31st: London, England

A number of UK media outlets were gathered in the press room at the O2 Arena in London. EBWF had promised a “big announcement”, but they were keeping tight lipped about what that announcement was. As journalists made small talk, speculating about what the announcement might be, Jimmy Havoc walked out onto the stage. He was wearing a suit. The journalists murmured and stayed quiet, no clapping or nothing. Jimmy shuffled his suit and stood at the podium, put his hands in his pockets and took a breath.

Jimmy Havoc: I’m sorry, were you expecting someone else?

Awkward laughs came from the back of the room.

Jimmy Havoc: Jesus, alright. Chris Jericho is here too!

Chris Jericho walked out to join Jimmy Havoc on the stage. He was also wearing a suit; he looked more comfortable than Jimmy Havoc did. He smiled at the journalists, and looked around the room.

Chris Jericho: For those of you that watched the Royal Rumble on Sunday night - or Monday morning as it was here - don’t worry, Jimmy and I are friends today. We had a ten hour flight together from Phoenix, so we called a truce.

Jimmy Havoc: We found out we both like music no-one else likes AND romantic walks on the beach so that’s nice!

The journalists laughed and Havoc seemingly became more comfortable.

Jimmy Havoc: Obviously you’re wondering why myself and Chris took a 10 hour flight straight after the historical Royal Rumble PPV, where we did crown three new Champions and had the first ever Royal Rumble Match for the vacant EBWF World Title won by Kenny Omega. Now, you know me as General Manager of EBWF and in that role I have been able to lend the ear of many high ups within EBWF including Mr. Jericho and after a night of record setting and mold breaking, we’ve decided to do it again. I am formally announcing that the next PPV for EBWF will take place right here in London, England.

There was an immediate buzz in the room and many journalists stood to ask questions.

Jimmy Havoc: Now before we take questions, this PPV will be held in the O2 Arena, tickets go on sale tomorrow at Noon EST. Oh and one more thing, this PPV will be known as the House of Havoc. Chris, I believe you wanted to answer the questions!

Chris Jericho: Well I wanted to announce the PPV, to be honest… but it’s got your name in the title, so it seemed only fair to let you do the honours. I do want to say this, though. I’ve wrestled all around the world, and the UK is one of my favourite places to wrestle. So House of Havoc on Sunday, February 25 - live from right here in the O2 Arena! - is sure to be a special night. Okay, time for a few questions. Greg! Good to see a familiar face. I’ll let you go first.

Greg James: Thanks! Greg James, BBC Radio One. I guess the obvious question is, will you two be wrestling on the show?

Chris Jericho: Well Jim here is the GM, he’s in charge of making the matches. What do you think, Mr. Havoc? Will we be wrestling on House of Havoc? It’s the biggest wrestling show London has seen in about 25 years, so I’d imagine you’ll want to be a part of it. And I’m the biggest name EBWF has got, so I have to be on the show.

Jimmy Havoc: I’m sure that I can think of something. Whether he’ll be wrestling or commentating or announcing or even a bell ringer, I can guarantee Chris will be on the show. Bell ringer sounds nice though!

Jericho rolled his eyes, then pointed to another journalist in the crowd.

Chris Jericho: Next question!

Rob McNichol: Hi, Rob McNichol here from Hooked on Wrestling. It’s a great time for British wrestling, which is arguably the hottest it’s been since the days of Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks. You recently signed Marty Scurll, have you got your eye on any other UK talents and if so, will they be appearing at House of Havoc?

Chris Jericho: Rob, I’m the Director of New Talent Development. I’ve always got my eye on talent!

Rob laughed. So did Jericho, and a few other journalists.

Chris Jericho: I’m a big fan of Marty Scurll and I’m delighted he’s now a part of EBWF. As for signing other UK talent, we don’t have anyone confirmed so I don’t want to drop any names and start a rumour. But there is one other British wrestler who will definitely be at the show…

Jimmy Havoc: I can’t believe I’m stood in my hometown and no-one mentioned me! I’m not big headed but the first British King of the Ring is a milestone! You were on about me right Chris?

Chris Jericho: Um… yeah sure. But also, I’m pleased to announce that my good friend Wade Barrett will be joining Mauro Ranallo and Corey Graves on commentary for House of Havoc. Next question!

Kenny McIntosh: Hey guys, Kenny McIntosh here from Inside the Ropes. I’ve got a question for Jimmy Havoc. Jimmy, we know you’re famous for hardcore matches… will House of Havoc be a hardcore pay per view?

Jimmy Havoc: Oh me?! Oh sure. Erm, I don’t want to give away any spoilers of course but yes it will be. What’s the use putting my name on it if it’s not hardcore?!

Chris Jericho: Two points. First of all, not every match will be hardcore - that’s what Christmas Eve of Destruction is for. Second of all, I think Kenny is upset we haven’t named the pay per view “Intermission”.

A couple of journalists laughed, which made Jericho smirk.

Kenny McIntosh: Lovely! Also, will Kenny Omega defend his title at the show?

Jericho and Havoc exchanged a look.

Chris Jericho: Funny you should mention that. I think there’s going to be an announcement on Warfare next week, isn’t there Jim?

Jimmy Havoc: I believe you’re right. However, you’ll have to watch to find out. That’s all we’ve got time for, anything else Chris?

Chris Jericho: Nah, I know you get grumpy when you’re sleeping, so we should probably wrap it up there before you say something that gets us in trouble. To sum it up - House of Havoc will be the next EBWF pay per view, live from the O2 Arena on Sunday, February 25th. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 5pm GMT - that’s 12pm EST if anyone from the US is planning to fly over for the show. And finally, be sure to tune into Warfare over the coming weeks and check EBWF.net for announcements about the show.