Always in My Way

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ashlee
Site Admin

Always in My Way

Post by Ashlee »

Rustling audio could be heard over a black scene that signified the picture had not yet been turned on.

Familiar Male Voice: Do you know how many of these I’ve wrestled in?

The iPhone camera flipped on, and the screen filled with Edge’s smiling face.

Edge: Yeah, me neither. A lot though, and nearly always in this exact same position. Quarter finals. Soon to be in the final four. No disrespect to you, Jeff. It’s just my destiny. I think you know you can’t interfere with that.

It was obvious to the viewer that Edge sat down as the camera became more stable. He looked right down the lens, speaking directly to his old foe.

Edge: We sure have seen a lot together haven’t we, Jeff? It seems like no matter what happens our careers will be hopelessly intertwined, right? We’ve had some real battles. Invented the Ladder Match, invented the TLC Match. Lit that shit on fire and never looked back.

He gave a nostalgic smirk.

Edge: Except, my star far outshone yours. My supernova rose to places never thought possible, and your career was stalled over and over again by your own dumb mistakes. It does seem like you’ve finally gotten yourself together, and I’m honestly very happy for you and your family, but unfortunately Jeff this is where the comeback story ends.

Edge nodded thoughtfully.

Edge: See, you don’t get to show up in the final act of your career and think you can suddenly take something that belongs to me. I’ve been working at this my entire life. I have been performing at an elite level for over two decades, and you’ve just gotten to come and go as you please, coasting on the name Hardy and the street cred that wrestling Edge and Christian gave you. Your own brother got tired of you. How is Matt doing anyway? Cringing a little at your mediocrity maybe? I can relate to Matt in that way. I cringe at Jay’s mediocrity nearly every damn time he opens his mouth.

You got lucky against the Miz, Jeff. I think deep down you know that. He’s a new dad, you know what that’s like, barely getting any sleep. You caught him on a bad day, and the fact that you think he wasn’t to be taken seriously tells me that you’re maybe not paying attention. You’ve told the whole EBWF Fandom that they should do their homework on you, because you are the Charismatic Enigma, the King of Xtreme, the Rainbow Haired Warrior… you’ve dared to do what so many others haven’t, haven’t you? So many others, except for me. I was there along side you. I was spearing you off the ladder just to see what we could do. You’re not better than me. You never have been, and it’s a lot of vibrato to make yourself feel better. Because you want to believe in yourself, don’t ya Jeff?

You want to believe that you can overcome your demons. You want to believe that you’re as talented as you were 15 years ago, but we both know you’re not. You haven’t grown. You haven’t changed with this business. I cut my hair, got in the best shape of my life, adapted. You’re still a stunt monkey who paints his face.
And after everything you had to watch some of my matches? I don’t want to bring up your past. It’s a low blow, and it isn’t a good look, but is your brain so scrambled that after the forty billion, give or take a few, matches we’ve had together you had to watch. tape? I can wrestle you with my eyes closed, and I damn sure don’t have to watch tape. What were you looking for exactly? You know better than to think that there’s something you can exploit.

What crawled up your ass and died, Jeff? Did you really tell the entire audience that I am quote ‘nothing’? Edge is nothing. That’s what you said. Wow. Okay. Didn’t know that’s where we’re at, but I’m happy to meet you there. I’m glad you’re coming into this match with a don’t give a crap attitude. That means it won’t absolutely destroy you when you lose, because I mean, you don’t care right? The funny part is where you said you didn’t have anything else to lose, cause you sure as shit have this match to lose, and this whole tournament with it. And with an attitude like that, Jeff, do you really deserve to win. Is this you now? Wanting to be handed things, because you’ve decided you’re not to be messed with?

The next match is Punk or Fale, Jeff. And between the two of us, I think I know who I’d want to see in that matchup. And really, I’ve heard you’ve been focusing on yourself, so perhaps you should go on home and work all of that out. You know I’ve always been such an advocate for self care, and you really deserve to have a healthy and long retirement. After the disrespect you’ve shown me, I might get you started on that mission early if I decide to end your career tonight.

Edge smirked, and his eyes lit up at the mention.

Edge: And I know saying something like that doesn’t make me a good guy, but Jeff, unlike you I’ve never claimed to be a good guy. I’ve always looked out for number one, I’ve always been the ultimate opportunist. And you’ve always been a guy with so much potential who just ended up being someone’s troubled little brother. I’m going to be King of the Ring for the first time in my career. I am going to add to the long list of credentials that proves I'm better than every other man on this roster. I’m going to get the rematch against Randy Orton.

Edge got increasingly animated.

Edge: I’m going to get the dream match that I wanted at Wrestlemania that Bray Wyatt ruined by inserting himself into our business. I am going to lay waste to everyone in my way until I get to Summerslam. Until I get to that title match. Until Randy and I can destroy Bray Wyatt, The Fiend, The Firefly Funhouse, AND Paul Heyman. You’re in my way Jeff. Just like old times. Always in my way.

Edge smirked again.

Edge: And here’s just a little tip about what it means to be pro, Jeff. Freaking legends, don’t have to say things like “I’m a freaking legend” in interviews. You know how I know that? Because I’ve never uttered those words with any amount of seriousness or sincerity in my life, and somehow, everyone in every room I walk into, knows it. Only men who don’t believe in themselves bother saying shit like that. And a man who doesn’t believe in himself certainly can’t beat me. I look forward to seeing you out there. Just like old times. Where you’re just a means to an end, and I seize my opportunity. The opportunity to set things right. The ultimate opportunity for the ultimate opportunist.

Edge’s nostrils flared and he cut the feed as the scene faded to black.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote