Warfare Results 11/22/2021

Ben M

Warfare Results 11/22/2021

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! Tonight, we are live from the Mississippi Coast Coliseum and kicking things off, we have the first of three Tag Team Title Eliminator matches as the Dudley Boyz take on Cameron Grimes and Tommaso Ciampa!

Grimes and Ciampa made their way to the ring first to a mixed reaction from the crowd. When they were in the ring, "Bombshell" by Powerman 5000 hit and the crowd cheered as Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley headed to the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: They are one of the most successful tag teams in pro-wrestling history, and the Dudley Boyz are as popular as ever here in Biloxi!

D-Von Dudley and Cameron Grimes started the match, and as the bell rang, D-Von hit Grimes with a series of punches. D-Von then whipped Grimes against the ropes, before hitting a 360º corkscrew back elbow smash. D-Von hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Grimes kicked out! D-Von then tagged in Bubba Ray Dudley, and upon entering the ring Bubba Ray stomped on Grimes several times, then dragged him to his feet. Bubba Ray went to whip Grimes against the ropes, but Grimes reversed the Irish whip, whipping Bubba Ray against the ropes before hitting a dropkick. As both men got to their feet, Grimes hit Bubba Ray with a big boot, then tagged in Tommaso Ciampa. Upon entering the ring, Ciampa hit Bubba Ray with a series of punches, but Bubba Ray fought back with some right hands of his own, then lifted him up, hitting a body slam. Bubba Ray tagged D-Von back in, then held apart Ciampa's legs while D-Von climbed the top rope. Bubby Ray and D-Von yelled "Whassup?" then D-Von hit Ciampa with a diving headbutt to the groin!

Mauro Ranallo: One of the most famous signature moves of any tag team... and one of the most painful too!

As Bubba Ray exited the ring, D-Von hit Ciampa with a back drop, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Ciampa kicked out! D-Von pulled Ciampa to his feet and set him up for a piledriver, but Ciampa countered with a back body drop, then as D-Von got back to his feet, Ciampa lifted him over his shoulder, hitting a back-to-belly piledriver. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... D-Von kicked out! As Ciampa got back to his feet, he dragged D-Von towards the corner and tagged in Cameron Grimes. Ciampa and Grimes hit a double powerbomb, then as Ciampa exited the ring, Grimes hooked both legs. The referee counted – 1... 2... D-Von kicked out! Grimes pulled D-Von to his feet and set him up for the Small Package Driver... but D-Von countered with a suplex! Both men got to their feet and D-Von hit a spinebuster, then tagged in Bubba Ray. As Bubba Ray entered the ring, D-Von whipped Grimes against the ropes... the Dudleys then hit Grimes with the 3D! D-Von then knocked Ciampa off the ring apron while Bubba Ray hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It's over! The Dudley Boyz advance to the tournament finals!

Bubba Ray and D-Von celebrated, then made their way to the back.

SEGMENT

The lights in the arena dimmed as the screen lit up showing the one and only AJ Styles in front of the screen. He looked in great shape sporting his signature jacket and letting his long hair flow. There was something about his wicked smile that made the atmosphere in the arena change dramatically.

AJ Styles: I be stunting like my Daddy... Stunting like my Daddy! Damn it, I can’t get that out my head. It’s such a great tune. That Little DeWayne is a great I tell ya!

Styles' country southern accent made the fans laugh almost as he followed it up with a corny lil dance for the camera.

AJ Styles: I didn’t expect the kids to be listening to that kind of music, that’s practically old school! It’s a surprise to me honestly. Just like the surprise I got at Fanniversary when I called out Wes Ikeda again, only to have his boy, the golden boy, the heir to the kingdom, Blaine Ikeda himself step up and answer the call. Now the kid is pretty cool, I must say. Another surprise. Much cooler than his old man, so stunting like my daddy should not be his thing... I gotta say, the kid is pretty good on the mic and he made some pretty bold accusations that I’ll address on a later date... He also said that I only show up for the money, which I actually agree with him on. I only show up for the money. So... SHOW ME THE MONEY! Another phrase you’re probably too young to catch. You can obviously tell I didn’t get a big payday for tonight because there was NO WAY IN HELL you’d see me stepping FOOT in a shithole like Biloxi, Mississippi without one!

The boos were very loud from the cheap heat and Styles was very serious at this point.

AJ Styles: You had the balls to call me out kid, I can respect that. I can see you really wanna be a wrestler and you wanna wrestle the best, even if you won’t admit it. I respect that. The funny thing is, you’re not on my level, just like your daddy. You should’ve made a stop in the Breakout Division. Hell, you could’ve taken your ass down to Border City Wrestling and made a name for yourself... But you think you can even give me a go? Listen kid you’re running before you’ve even walked, I’m AJ STYLES, I’m on another fucking stratosphere. I’ll wrestle laps around you and not just that, I will beat you like you stole something from your step-momma. I will embarrass you more than all those girls did when they turned you down for the prom. Boy, I’ll beat you so damn bad you’ll wish you never came out your daddy’s ball sack. So, if this is what you want, I’ll tell you want... Show... me... the money... and you got it kid! Another easy payday. Tell the old man's ass kissers to cut me a check and book the match... but just know, after our match, you’re gonna see just why your daddy has been ducking me for all these years... And you... gone be ducking... like ya Daddy...

Styles' serious demeanor converted back to his funny side as an evil smile appeared and he danced out of the frame on the screen as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH TWO

When Warfare returned from the break, Austin and Colten Gunn were on their way to the ring for the next match.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, we’ve got the second match in the Tag Team Title Eliminator Tournament and this one is a family affair… the Gunn brothers, Austin and Colten Gunn, take on the 2021 King of the Ring Rey Mysterio and his son Dominik, who is making his EBWF debut!

Nigel McGuinness: What an opportunity this is for Dominik Mysterio, Mauro… we don’t even know if he’s under contract with EBWF, and he could be just three matches away from being one half of the Tag Team Champions!

After Rey and Dominik had entered the ring, Rey moved onto the ring apron, allowing his son to start the match. Austin Gunn started for the Gunn Club, and as the bell rang the two men locked up. Austin was able to overpower Dominik and he put him in a headlock, but Dominik broke free then whipped Austin against the ropes. As Austin ran back towards him, Dominik hit a dropkick, then as both men got to their feet, Dominik hit a second dropkick.

Mauro Ranallo: Dominik Mysterio taking the fight to Austin Gunn here!

As Austin gotback to his feet, Dominik took him down with an arm drag, then applied an armbar. As Austin tried to fight out of it, Dominik dragged him towards the corner, tagging in Rey. Rey and Dominik sat Austin on the top rope, then Dominik lifted Rey up onto Austin’s shoulders, assisting Rey to hit the Frankensteiner! As Dominik exited the ring, Rey Mysterio made the cover. The referee counted - 1… 2… Austin kicked out! Rey stomped on Austin several times, then pulled him to his feet and set him up for a DDT… but Austin countered it into a bridging northern lights suplex! Rey’s shoulders were down and the referee counted - 1… 2… Rey kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Good counter there by Austin Gunn… now can he switch the momentum in Gunn Club’s favor?

Both men got to their feet, and Austin hit Rey with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes. As Rey ran back towards him, Austin went for a superkick, but Rey ducked underneath it, then grabbed Austin from behind, hitting a backstabber! Dominik called for the tag, and as Rey tagged his son back in, Dominik climbed to the top rope. He waited for Austin Gunn to get to his feet, then hit him with a flying clothesline! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Austin kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Austin has been in this match since the start, while Rey and Dominik keep tagging in and out, keeping themselves fresh. If Austin can’t make a tag soon, he could be in trouble!

As Colten Gunn shouted words of encouragement to his brother, Dominik hit Austin with a swinging neckbreaker, then went back to the top rope. This time, Dominik went for a 450 splash… but Austin got his knees up and blocked it! As Dominik rolled around on the mat clutching his ribs, Austin crawled towards the corner, tagging in Colten Gunn. Upon entering the ring, Colten hit Dominik with the Fame Asser, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Rey broke up the count before the 3!

Nigel McGuinness: Rey makes the save just in time!

The crowd booed Rey’s intervention, and as the referee ordered Rey to exit the ring, Colten got to his feet, stomping on Dominik several times. Colten then grabbed Dominik by the legs, applying a figure four leglock… but Dominik was able to get to the ropes, and the referee ordered Colten to break the hold. Colten did so, then pulled Dominik to his feet and whipped him into the corner. As Austin Gunn held Dominik in place, Colten charged towards the corner, hitting Dominik with a corner clothesline. Dominik staggered out of the corner, and Colten hit him with a gut wrench powerbomb, then hooked both legs. The referee counted - 1… 2… Dominik kicked out! Colten looked frustrated, and after punching Dominik against the mat several times, he signalled for the Colt 45. He lifted Dominik up… but Dominik broke free and rolled Colten up! The referee counted - 1… 2… Colten kicked out! Both men got to their feet and Colten went for a body slam, but Dominik countered with a headscissors takedown. Colten landed on the second rope, and Dominik ran against the ropes, before hitting the 619!

Mauro Ranallo: Like father, like son!

Dominik tagged Rey back into the match, then ran towards the opposite corner, knocking Austin Gunn off the ring apron. Rey then hit Colten with a springboard seated senton, and hooked both legs. The referee counted - 1… 2… 3! The referee called for the bell and Dominik hugged his father, then raised his arm in victory. As Rey and Dominik celebrated, the camera cut to Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness at ringside.

SEGMENT

Mauro Ranallo: Congratulations to Rey and Dominik Mysterio, they join the newest members of The Coalition, the Dudley Boyz, in the tournament final.

Nigel McGuinness: And speaking of The Coalition, last week Alexa Bliss challenged Britt Baker to a match at Christmas Eve of Destruction. We will now hear whether or not Britt accepts that challenge!

“The Epic” by Downstait hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Britt Baker made her way to the ring. Baker was carrying a microphone with her, and after she had entered the ring and her music was cut, she began to speak.

Britt Baker: Alexa Bliss… I heard your challenge last week, and honestly I would have responded sooner… but I’ve spent the last seven days feeling conflicted. Not because I don’t want a rematch; I absolutely do. You got lucky when you beat me at Warfare Games, and I need a chance to set the record straight. But the question I’ve been pondering is whether or not I’ll get to face the real Alexa Bliss.

Baker gestured to the tron, and a video began to play titled “The Real Alexa Bliss”. The video recapped Alexa’s actions in the first few months after returning to EBWF late last year. It showed her attacking Tam Nakano after one of her matches, then hitting Nakano’s injured arm with a steel chair. It then showed Bliss ripping the head off of Tam Nakano’s mascot, P-Chan, before powerbombing Nakano onto a razor wire board. Finally, it showed footage from the night The Coalition was formed, when Bliss instructed Christian Cage, Kane and Maven to beat up Paul London. After the footage had finished, the camera cut back to Britt Baker in the ring.

Britt Baker: Not long after The Coalition was formed, Alexa, you claimed to have a change of heart. Suddenly, you started acting like one of the good guys, but that’s all it is - an act. You’ve been holding back, pretending to be something you’re not, and that’s why you keep losing. So I don’t want a rematch against Little Miss Goody Two Shoes. I want to go up against the Twisted Bliss, the one with a violent streak. And since you want to face me at Christmas Eve of Destruction - the most violent show on the EBWF calendar - I want to take you on in a Last Woman Standing Match! That way if you want to prove you’re better than me, you won’t be able to get away with a fast three count. But I will warn you now, if you accept my challenge, come December 24th you will see me become the darkest, meanest, baddest bitch you’ve ever been in the ring with.

Baker glared into the camera, as if daring Bliss to accept her challenge, then rolled out of the ring and made her way back up the ramp as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH THREE

“Tattoo” by Mercy Drive hit and the crowd cheered. Maven stepped out onto the entrance ramp and posed. The lights went down to a deep red, “Slow Chemical” by Finger Eleven hit. Kane walked out and stood behind Maven with his arms held out. He pulled them down in an eruption of fire. The duo walked toward the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Our final match this evening is the third of our tag team eliminator matches! Maven and Kane of the Coalition take on Jurassic Express.

Nigel McGuinness: You have to think the Universe is excited to see two of the biggest men in EBWF come face to face.

Mauro Ranallo: You’re not wrong about that! This match could easily come down to which of them can deliver the most damage.

Nigel McGuinness: Or, which one can take the most!

“Tarzan Boy” hit and the crowd continued to cheer. Luchasaurus emerged at the top of the ramp with Jungle Boy riding on his shoulders. They made their way down toward the ring. At ringside Jungle Boy stepped off Luchasaurus’s shoulders directly onto the ring apron. All four men were in the ring preparing for the match. Kane and Maven talked it out in their corner while Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy played rock, paper, scissors in theirs.

Mauro Ranallo: It looks like we’re going to start with Maven and Jungle Boy as the legal men.

Nigel McGuinness: How weird is it to call Jungle Boy the legal MAN?

The bell sounded and Jungle Boy and Maven circled each other. Jungle Boy kept an eye on Kane as he passed near him. The two lunged in toward the center of the ring and locked up. Maven and Jungle Boy fought for control over the hold. They swapped the upper hand until Maven started forcing Jungle Boy backwards toward the corner. He shoved Jungle Boy into the corner and quickly broke the hold. He stepped away with his hands up.

A confused Jungle Boy wearily walked out of the corner. The two locked up again in the center of the ring. Maven swept around behind Jungle Boy into a hammer lock. Jungle Boy swung and grasped in an attempt to break the hold. He swung his arm back wildly, allowing Maven to pull him back into a side headlock. Maven dropped his hips and pulled Jungle Boy across his body and to the mat with a headlock takedown. He pressed Jungle Boy to the mat and the referee slid down to count. Jungle Boy quickly kicked out.

Mauro Ranallo: Not even a one count but Maven putting his experience on display against the young Jungle Boy!

Jungle Boy climbed to his hands and knees before Maven grabbed his waist from behind. He hit a belly to back suplex that bounced Jungle Boy’s legs off the ropes. Maven used Jungle Boy’s hair to lift him off the mat and then whipped him into the corner. He followed up by mounting the youngster and raining down repeated blows to the forehead. Kane tagged himself in. Maven stepped back from Jungle Boy as Kane hit him with a running big boot. Jungle Boy nearly flipped over the top rope.

Nigel McGuinness: That looked like a big red car wreck slamming into Jungle Boy!

Kane grabbed Jungle Boy by the throat and dragged him back toward the center of the ring. It looked like Jungle Boy was about to go for a ride when he delivered a basement dropkick to Kane’s knee. The Big Red Machine dropped to one knee and flipped his head up in anger. Jungle Boy bounced off the ropes and attempted a shoulder tackle but Kane didn’t budge. Jungle Boy hit the ropes and attempted it for a second time and Kane was barely moved. Kane smiled. Jungle Boy took off at the ropes a third time. This time he landed a dropkick to Kane’s head that sent the monster to his back.

Mauro Ranallo: That was a lot of effort to get Kane down.

Nigel McGuinness: Jungle Boy needs to capitalize quickly!

Jungle Boy was getting to his hands and knees when Kane sat up behind him. The crowd cheered loudly. Jungle Boy pulled his hair in frustration and ran at Kane. Kane was quick to his feet and hit Jungle Boy with a huge back body drop that sent him flying through the air. Jungle Boy landed with a thud and Kane went to stomping on him. Kane pulled Jungle Boy to his feet by his hair and tossed him into the corner.

Mauro Ranallo: That’s how quickly things can turn around.

Kane rushed the corner and hit Jungle Boy with a huge corner clothesline. Maven and Kane tagged out. Kane hit a throat thrust before leaving the ring. Maven put his boot in Jungle Boy’s throat and pulled on the middle rope for more leverage. The referee counted. 1...2...3...4… Maven broke the hold and backed away from the corner. Maven ran back into the corner and kicked Jungle Boy in the stomach. Jungle Boy fell to a seated position and Maven put his boot back on his throat. The referee counted 1...2...3...4… Maven pulled his foot up with an exaggerated motion.

Nigel McGuinness: Maven has to be careful or he’s going to get his team disqualified.

Maven used Jungle Boy’s foot to drag him out of the corner. He pulled Jungle Boy up and hit a belly to back suplex into a bridging pin.

1...2. Jungle Boy kicked out!

Maven turned to the ref and double checked the count. He held his head in his hands. Jungle Boy pulled himself up on the ropes to a standing position. Maven closed in. Jungle Boy turned as Maven went for a spinning heel kick. Jungle Boy dove under the kick and rolled toward the corner. He lept at his corner and made the tag to Luchasaurus.

Mauro Ranallo: Jungle Boy needed that tag!

Luchasaurus greeted a charging Maven with a big headbutt. Maven oversold the move. Kane came running across the ring and Luchasaurus hit a leg lariat that drove him to the mat. Luchasaurus pulled Kane to his feet and whipped him into the ropes, following quickly behind. He clotheslined Kane over the top rope. Maven hit Luchasaurus from behind with a double axe handle. He didn’t react. Maven struck again with a jumping double axe handle. Luchasaurus turned and stared down at Maven. Maven stood firm.

Nigel McGuinness: This isn’t a position you want to be in if you’re Maven.
Maven chopped Luchasaurus across the chest. Luchasaurus stuck his tongue out and tilted his head. Maven delivered another chop. Luchasaurus puffed his chest up. Maven unleashed an assault of machine gun chops on the dinosaur. Luchasaurus stopped him with an outstretched hand. He struck Maven with a chop of his own that knocked him down. Luchasaurus covered.

1… Maven kicked out.

Nigel McGuinness: What a strike!

Luchasaurus lifted Maven to his feet by the neck and supported his back looking for the chokeslam. Maven put his feet in Luchasaurus’s chest and pushed with all his might to escape the grasp. He pulled free and fell back into his corner with a look of terror in his eyes. Kane reached over the top rope and tagged himself in. Kane stepped over the top rope and walked to the center of the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: This is the battle we were looking forward to.

Kane and Luchasaurus stood in the center of the ring eye to eye with one another. Both men reached up and took hold of the other’s neck looking for a chokeslam of their own. They struggled with one another to take control of the hold. Jungle Boy and Maven rolled into the ring and hit opposite ropes. Maven hit Luchasaurus with a diving shoulder tackle to his ankle. The dinosaur toppled to the mat. Jungle Boy jumped up on Kane’s shoulders and hit a poison rana.

Nigel McGuinness: And just like that this has gotten out of control.

Maven and Jungle Boy met in the center of the ring and started rapidly striking one another. Maven ducked a wide right and hit Jungle Boy with a bulldog, driving him face first to the ground. Maven locked in an ankle lock. Jungle Boy struggled to crawl toward the ropes. Each pull was agony. Kane and Luchasaurus climbed to their feet in opposite corners. They locked eyes and charged at one another. They hit each other with a clothesline that sent both men to the mat.

Kane sat up. Luchasaurus kipped up to his feet. They stared one another down. Luchasaurus kicked Kane in the head. Maven hit Luchasaurus in the back with a dropkick from out of nowhere. Kane sat up again and got quickly to his feet. Maven grabbed Jungle Boy’s waist and Kane did the same to Luchasaurus. They each hit a sidewalk slam on their respective member of Jurassic Express. They turned to show off to the cheering crowd.

Mauro Ranallo: Now is not the time to let off the gas.

Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy kipped up to their feet at the same time. Kane and Maven turned into a set of stereo dropkicks. Luchasaurus quickly covered Kane.

1… Kane kicked out!

Maven was rushing at Luchasaurus and ran head first into a back heel kick. He dropped to the mat and rolled out of the ring to safety. Kane sat up but Luchasaurus grabbed his throat. He pulled Kane to his feet. Kane took a hold of Luchasaurus’s throat in return. Jungle Boy jumped over Luchasaurus and hit Kane with a diving neckbreaker. Luchasaurus followed up with a standing moonsault. He covered.

1...2.. Kane kicked out!

Jungle Boy was in the corner calling for the tag. Luchasaurus tagged him in. Jungle Boy flipped over the top rope and ran to Kane. He rolled him over and locked in a snare trap. It took no time for Kane to power out of the submission. Jungle Boy stomped on Kane and locked the snare trap in again. Kane powered out. Jungle Boy slapped the mat. He glanced up at the top rope and leapt up onto it. Jungle Boy jumped off looking for a high risk move but Kane caught him by the throat. Kane chokeslamed Jungle Boy. He covered.

1...2… Luchasaurus broke up the pin.

Kane and Luchasaurus exchanged blows in the center of the ring. Kane hit a throat thrust. Luchasaurus returns with a kick to the stomach. Kane doubled over into a power bomb that shook the ring. Kane sat up again. Jungle Boy hit him with a running knee to the back of the head. Jungle Boy covered.

1...2… Kane threw Jungle Boy off.

Kane stood up focused on Jungle Boy. Luchasaurus spun him around and hauled him up for a chokeslam. The crowd cheered. He hit another standing moonsault to the Big Red Machine. Luchasaurus picked a running Jungle Boy up in a wheelbarrow and slammed him down on Kane.

1… 2… Maven slid into the ring to breakup the pin but Luchasaurus cut him off with a clothesline… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: Your winners, Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy!

Nigel McGuinness: With that they join The Dudleys and the Mysterios in the final match for a shot at the World Tag Team Titles!

Mauro Ranallo: These two teams seemed evenly matched, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more matches between Jurassic Express and Coalition.

Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus celebrated together as Warfare went off the air.