Kentucky’s Own

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Kentucky’s Own

Post by Ben M »

OOC: Sorry for the short RP… it’s been non-stop for me since Christmas! Happy new year everyone, and good luck April (so happy to have you back!)

The scene opened in Madisonville, Kentucky. Leva Bates was standing outside a building with books painted on the side of it. It was, of course, a library. She looked behind her at the library, then turned to face the camera and began to speak. It was obvious from the smile on her face and the upbeat tone in her voice that she was happy to be there.

Leva Bates: This is my hometown… Madisonville, Kentucky! And behind me is the Hopkins County Madisonville Public Library. It’s moved since I was a child - this building behind me was opened in 2015 - but being here brings back a lot of happy memories. The librarian when I was little was Mrs Fisher… she’s probably long since retired, but let’s find out!

Leva walked around to the front door and tried to enter the library, but it was locked. She looked at the sign on the door, sighed and shook her head.

Leva Bates: They’re closed on Mondays. I didn’t know that. Oh well! I need to get to Lexington anyway. Now Lexington might be a long way from Madisonville, but Kentucky is my home state. Kentucky is where I grew up, and where I went to university. I’d still be living here now if I hadn’t moved to Florida to pursue my dream of being a professional wrestler. No matter where I go and no matter what I do, Kentucky will always be my home. I love being back here, and the people of Kentucky have welcomed me back with open arms.

As Leva said that, someone walked past. Leva smiled and waved at them.

Leva Bates: Hi! I’m Leva Bates, but you probably already knew that. I grew up right here in Madisonville and now I’m a famous professional wrestler. And a librarian! If you want an autograph or a selfie, don’t be afraid to ask. You know what they say… you can take the girl out of Kentucky, but you can’t take the Kentucky out of the girl!

The man was probably in his 50s, and seemed to have no interest in talking to Leva. Quite the opposite, in fact. He kept his head down and sped up as he walked past her. Leva seemed oblivious to this as she turned back to the camera.

Leva Bates: Poor guy… I think he was starstruck. Tonight, Kentucky’s Own Leva Bates - yours truly - goes one on one with the returning Dakota Kai. Did you know she’s been to prison? Apparently her and Bayley have anger issues… yikes. Well guess what, Dakota? I’m angry too. I’m angry that I didn’t win the Women’s Title, but tonight, I’m putting that anger to one side. Because I want Kentucky to see the best of Leva Bates, which means I need to be 100% focused on our match. So bring your A-game, Dakota, because you’ll need it to stand a chance against me. And Bayley, be warned. If you try and get involved, I know a Doctor who will rearrange your teeth. Just watch what she did to Alexa Bliss at Christmas Eve of Destruction… if you mess with her and me, she’ll make what you experienced in prison feel like a luxury vacation!

Leva grinned, then got back into her car and started making the three hour drive to Lexington.