Just A Stepping-Stone | RP 001

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Christian

Just A Stepping-Stone | RP 001

Post by Christian »

[[ - A montage fills the screen, showcasing champions throughout the very beginning of this industry. Old veterans who held championships for years... warrirors... gladiators... the very men who set a foundation for this industry. We skip forward too the 80s', where crazy hair, poppin' tunes, and celebrity appereances are all the wave in this sport. Then, we skip to the 90s', the 2000s', and EBWF's most recent champions of the last decade, as a monolouge is played over it. - ]]

???: When you think of champions, you think of the best of the best. The TOP of the mountain. You think of a man or woman who has seen it all, done it all, and beat everyone in the way of their goals. You think of someone with a legendary status, with a trophy collection that would put Tiger Woods to shame. When you try and wrap your head around who that person is... it's pretty simple, you think of one man.

[[- Like a direct hit of light, an image of Roderick Strong appears, only to then begin a series of highlights documenting his brutal movesets. Backbreakers are a major part of his game, alongside a few sick kicks, and a highlight reel of him holding various championships throughout his illustrious career. The camera fades over in black, slowly rising to the entire body to reveal the man speaking, to be Malcom Bivens. - ]]

MALCOM BIVENS: Roderick Strong is, without a doubt, the definition of a workhorse. If 'ya haven't seen the man, 'ya haven't seen a real professional wrestling match. Let's face it, he's beaten legends, he's beaten guys who are considered "world-wide talents", and yet, he's always overlooked.

[[ - Bivens shrugs, shaking his head as he looks too his side. - ]]

MALCOM BIVENS: A damn shame, but, y'know what? That isn't the case anymore. Not at all under my watch. The name's Malcom Bivens, and thanks to me, my money, and most importantly, my connections, I have singlehandedly given Roderick the tools he needs to be what I believe him to be; a champion. Roderick Strong's name is just one of many to be signed to an EBWF contract, and while the ink dried, we got the news of who he'd be facing. Now, we weren't expecting anything crazy out of the gate... but wow, Robbie E? You're throwin' us Robbie E? That's low, real-real low.

[[ - Malcom stuffs his hands in his pockets as he walks to his left, where Roderick Strong can be seen practing his mat wrestling with a no-name rookie. It doesn't go well for the rookie, as Roderick has the go-behind on him, and as he pops his hips, he slams this poor rookie on the back of his head. He groans in pain, but Roderick shows no mercy, regardless of experience. Beads of sweat poor from his forehead, and he looks over to Malcom with a soft nod. - ]]

MALCOM BIVENS: See, Roderick Strong isn't here for scraps. He isn't here to be a gatekeeper, and he sure as hell isn't gonna settle for people like Robbie E, one-trick ponies who get a fancy tan, get some muscles, and think they can get in this business to "look good". To a man like Roderick? That's an insult. You're just a pile of bones that was chewed up by Kevin Steen at Final Resolution, and now you've been spat up at us. It's not even a prediction at this point, it is a gurantee that Roderick Strong is gonna end your short career here, "bro".

[[ - Roderick Strong took his hand and patted the back of Malcom Bivens. The props had to be given to the guy who, in his eyes, is gonna get him where he wants to be. - ]]

RODERICK STRONG: Robbie, I'm gonna use you as a stepping stone to get my foot wet in this company. You're nothing more then an after-thought. The training I'm doing? It's got nothing to do with you. You're just a small fish in an ocean full of Great White Sharks that I plan to hunt down. Everyone wants to try and make their mark on the two-thousand and twenty-two, but they're all wrong. This is my year, the year that Roderick Strong didn't just strike gold... but he did it, as apart of The Diamond Mine.

[[ - The sound of the name alone was enough to illict a grin on Malcom Biven's face that went from ear to ear. Roderick was focused, he was ready, and come Warfare? The roster is about to bear witness to what "The Messiah Of The Backbreaker" is all about, as we fade to The Diamond Mine's logo, and fade to black. - ]]