Good Morning America

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
King Xavier

Good Morning America

Post by King Xavier »

King Woods arrives in New York City early morning hours to be on one of the longest-running morning shows ever. He never had time to watch it but he was honored to be on Good Morning America. Arriving at the studio he is directed toward a staging area as Michael Strahan prepares to introduce him with the show coming on air.

Michael Strahan: Good morning, everyone! My name is Michael Strahan along with George Stephanopoulos. We have a very special guest to start the show. He is the current Breakout champion and one of the few to taste early success in EBWF a great wrestling company. Please give a warm welcome to King Woods

They clap as he walks into view greeting Michael and George Stephanopoulos. He has a seat Michael turns toward him and begins the questions.

Michael Strahan: King Woods you have yet to taste defeat in the EBWF. Are you surprised by this or did you see this coming? I will admit I wasn't a fan.

King Woods: It's okay Sir Michael I do not expect everyone to appreciate King Woods and what I am doing. I grew up with love and respect and that is why I am undefeated in EBWF. Why would I be surprised by such a feat when I have already shown that King Woods will do everything asked of him. Roman Reigns wanted to flex his muscles proclaiming for me to acknowledge him and he was humbled. Christian respects what I bring to the company and for that, I won this beautiful title here. So, make sure you are never shocked or surprised by King Woods. Roderick Strong is the next man to try and overthrow the king but just like all of those before him. He will bow and acknowledge that I am the best. He will acknowledge that in order to achieve his goals he will have to overcome me as a challenger. This streak is not going to end until I want too no matter what Roderick Strong might say.

Michael Strahan: Those are some powerful words for an opponent you know nothing about. Does the fact he is new to you matter or are you going to approach the match the same way?

King Woods: I look at every opponent and analyze them the best I can. I'm an educated man and understand how important every match is. Roderick Strong might be a new guy here and congratulations on him winning his first match. It is a huge relief to get that out of the way. However, my approach for him is going to be the same as all the others. The moment the bell rings I am going to show him the ropes around here. I plan to put on a clinic and use him as an example. That might sound cocky for a nice guy like myself but it is not. It is the idea that so many guys come into a company and make demands when they have not earned the right. Roderick Strong has not done that but I know how he thinks because the moment I signed here I had the same mindset. Michael, King Woods wants everyone to be successful even if it means I lose a match. What I won't do though is just give up and let them beat me. Roderick Strong has a challenge in front of him and he knows it. I want him to punch me in the mouth because I'll punch back harder, I want him to kick me because I will knock him down in one swift move. I'm not playing games with him or anyone else.

Michael Strahan: Do you worry that defeating Roderick Strong will destroy his growth in the business?

King Woods: I do not think that will happen, Michael. However, if it does, he can only blame himself. I am going to question everything about him. Is he worthy to even be here? Does he have what it takes to be successful if he gives up only one defeat? Who knows but I'm not here to babysit or take him by the hand. Roderick Strong needs to show me he is a man. He needs to show me that he can step up his game when a real opponent gets in the ring with him. Every match for him is a chance to improve which is why he won't be successful against me. I am one of the top guys in the company and it's my job to make sure he falls in line.

Once Michael is done speaking to him. George Stephanopoulos looks over at King Woods and begins to question him about the match.

George Stephanopoulos: King Woods, you have a great name first and foremost. Do you feel that Roderick Strong is worthy of being a member of your army if he shows you respect?

King Woods: Mr. Stephanopoulos to join my army Roderick Strong would have to do more than just defeat me. He would have to kneel before me and acknowledge me as his majesty before I would even think of having him join. Respect does go a big way with me but when you look at Mr. Strong do you really think he is capable of that? I do not. He will never be capable of respect because he was not taught properly growing up. I can't judge him based on his past but he seems to need a male figure in his life. Getting in the ring with me will allow him to see how a real man sticks up to others. He prefers being a bully and in my kingdom that is not acceptable. EBWF is a place where all of us can come together and make the company grow not to bring it down.

The crowd cheers and claps as King Woods smiles and waves to the crowd acknowledging them something royalty should always do. The moment is broken as George begins to speak once again.

George Stephanopoulos: You have spoken about Mr. Strong quite a bit here today but it's time to turn the focus on yourself. I think everyone in attendance and around the world wants to know something. They want to know is King Woods truly focused on his match knowing that at the end of the month you could defend the title.

King Woods: Good sir you do not have to worry about your majesty being distracted or looking ahead. Most might have that weakness but, in this business, it is a bad omen to think ahead. Every match is important. Every move and executing it perfectly is important. Every opponent is part of your legacy and I certainly don't want a negative impact on it. I want people to view the king as strong, courageous and fierce competitor. I refuse to think about the future and what kind of match awaits me. It is about taking one day at a time and seeing what happens. That approach has not failed me yet so why change something if it works.

George Stephanopoulos shakes his head listening to the king speak. It was a refreshing change for the show as most guests wanted to rush the segment but not him.

George Stephanopoulos: Final question from me your majesty. Why do you think Roderick Strong was placed in a match with you?

King Woods: I am going to say that management has high expectations of him and since your majesty is a top-five talent in EBWF why not see what the young guy has. I am sure he is eager and prepared but he needs to realize one thing. Management did not GIVE him this match for him to screw it up they give me the match to continue my dominance over the roster. I might be a humble king by day however, when I walk down the ramp and into the ring all bets are off. It is time to school Roderick Strong and let him experience how a real company handles new talent.

Michael Strahan: We appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to speak with us, your majesty. Before you go is there anything you want to say?

King Woods stands up facing the audience as he smiles.

King Woods: My loyal subjects of New York City this is the calm before the storm. It is a storm that will rage on until I determine Roderick has had enough. He will put up a valiant fight but like everyone else, it will be in vain. I shall protect my throne and kingdom from all of those who trespass against me. You can rest easy Big Apple your king will not let you down.

He exits the studio to a loud ovation as the show goes to commercial.