Step Into My Time Machine

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ashlee
Site Admin

Step Into My Time Machine

Post by Ashlee »

The scene opened with Alex Marvez standing in front of an EBWF backdrop. He was holding a microphone and looked into the camera.

Alex Marvez: Good evening EBWF Fans, joining me now is the double champion, the Rated R Superstar, Edge.

Edge stepped into the scene, wearing a Rated RKO vs Everybody t-shirt and a grin.

Edge: You… are not Renee.

Alex Marvez: I’m afraid Renee had to attend to some other matters.

Edge: It’s alright, Alex. You can just say Randy isn’t here so she didn’t see the point in coming.

He clicked his tongue.

Alex Marvez: Edge, tonight you’re in the first round of the King of the Ring tournament and…

Edge: Just going to completely no sell that Randy comment, huh?

Alex put up a hand in surrender.

Alex Marvez: I just wanted to ask your thoughts about your match tonight.

Edge: My thoughts?

Edge scratched his temple and shook his head.

Edge: My thoughts are that I’ve apparently had to wake up this morning, call up Paul London, step into my borrowed time machine, and walk straight into a main event from the year 2000.

That made Alex chuckle.

Edge: How’s that feel, hmm Steve? Here we are, 22 years later, and not only are we still competing, but we’re competing in the main event on EBWF Warfare. The premiere professional wrestling program in the world. When I look around here though, Steve, I can’t help but wonder…

He seemed to contemplate his next words carefully and then glared into the lens.

Edge: What are you doing here, Steve? I mean, it’s obvious why I’m here. I’m as good as I’ve ever been. Even better most of the time. You on the other hand, Steve, are a painfully broken down old man, who comes to the ring in two knee braces, doing the same schtick you’ve done for the last 25 years. People want to call me a nostalgia trip, but I’m sitting here with two belts, performing at the highest level while you’re losing matches to MJF. It should bother me to see how far you’ve fallen, but it doesn’t. Why should I feel sorry for you, when we both know you didn’t take care of yourself. You shortened your own career, Steve, and it’s a miracle you can still limp your way into the ring.

Alex Marvez: So even after everything, all these years of knowing Steve Austin… you’re confident you’ll win?

Edge: I’m supremely confident I’ll win. I’m always in the top 8 of this tournament, and it never really matters who I have to step through. When it comes to Austin though? I’m going to bowl him over. I’m going to expose him. I’m going to make him sorry he didn’t walk away from this business when he still had a legacy to protect. Tonight, Steve? I’m going to show you why you’re still here, Steve, to take another L to me. Thanks, Alex.

Edge adjusted the belt on his shoulder and walked out of frame.

Alex Marvez: A confident Edge will compete here tonight on Warfare! Tune in to our main event tonight to see which of these mean will advance in the King of the Ring tournament.

Marvez smiled into the camera as the scene faded to black.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote