Coleman's Pulpit ep. 2

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
TheDynasty

Coleman's Pulpit ep. 2

Post by TheDynasty »

The scene opens on a printed backdrop of the stained glass windows of a church. Caprice Coleman throws his hands into the air from behind a lectern.

Caprice: Hahahaha! Heaven high! This is Coleman’s Pulpit. I’m your host, Caprice Coleman, THE most versatile man in this sport today! Here on the pulpit I find out the truth and the truth will help you see! This week I am joined by the Inevitable Ace Austin and Truly Blessed KC Navarro.

The Coleman’s Pulpit logo flashes and when we return, Caprice is sat alongside the two young members of The Dynasty.

Caprice: This week you, Ace Austin, face a very well-known and highly-decorated wrestler, the one and only Christian. This match will determine who progresses to the semi-finals of the King of the Ring tournament. Are you feeling the pressure of such a high-profile match against such a high-profile opponent?

Ace: I don’t feel pressure, Caprice. It’s true that once upon a time Christian made name for himself, but in recent weeks, hell, months, what has he been able to achieve? Father time is catching up to dear old Christian, and I gotta say it’s kind of ironic that we’re in the KFC arena, because Christian’s no spring chicken. I still respect the guy, he knows the business, he knows his way around the ring, but when you get older, you lose a step, and when you lose a step, it’s inevitable that you’ll also lose a match against a much-quicker opponent like myself or KC.

Caprice: You say that, but KC is no longer in the competition, right?

KC: Whether I’m still in the competition or not is irrelevant at this point. We’re here to talk about Ace’s match. I thought Holliday said he’d hired you personally, what’s with these kind of questions?

Caprice: I’m just seeking the truth so that we can all see clearly KC. Can I say that you aren’t in your usual jovial mood today?

Ace: He’s having some issues with another member, don’t take it personally. But as KC said, we are here to discuss my match, and I’m more than confident that I’ll get the job done. I’ve been training hard, I’ve been studying lots of old tapes of Christian’s matches…you know, because you have to go back a while to find examples of when he was good…and I truly believe that I can use my quickness to my advantage.

Caprice: Supposing you do manage to defeat Christian, you’d be on course to meet your own faction’s leader, MJF, in the semi-final. Does that add any tension in The Dynasty’s locker room?

Ace: Not at all, Caprice. Max and I are both professionals, and we’ve known that this has always been a possibility. All I can do is assure you that if we both succeed tonight, we’ll give it our all next round and there will be no hard feelings, whoever the victor.

Caprice: Cool, cool. While we're discussing factions, are you concerned about the Coalition getting involved in the match?

Ace: Who are the Coalition?

Caprice looks at the camera quizzically as it faded to black.