The Prince is no more.

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
King Xavier

The Prince is no more.

Post by King Xavier »

The weeks have been exhausting, they have been worth it though in the eyes of King Woods. He took a small break from the tournament but could not wait to get back to it. He arrived at the arena bursting through the doors with a huge smile. Life was great for him, and it was time to spread the joy. King Woods made his way down a long corridor greeting everybody he saw. Eventually he stood just beyond the curtain where the fans were amped up for some hardcore action. His music hits as he runs down the ramp and slides into the ring to a huge ovation. He grabs a microphone and begins to speak.

King Xavier: Listen up everybody. This tournament is getting down to best remaining athletes. However, in my opinion there is one person who doesn't deserve to be here. It is someone I've dealt with in the past and did what I said when I defeated them right here in this ring. It is a man who happens to be my opponent this week and was sent once again by Adam Cole to try and ruin my destiny. I am speaking of Prince Devitt. I look at him and can see his potential and that he has World Title aspirations but as our match gets closer, he is scared. Prince Devitt knows that this tournament is his ticket to the main event. It is the only way he will achieve that status because the man is held back. Unfortunately for him I'm the only true KING in this company and the only one worthy of the title. I know there are huge names still competing and I should not overlook you Prince Devitt which is why I refuse to look ahead. I do want to remind you though that your fate is already sealed. In a way this is poetic justice because once again I will be the one to break your heart and shatter your dreams.

He smiles as the crowd cheers. Once they quiet down the true king of EBWF speaks to his loyal subjects once more.

I'm sorry Adam Cole brought you into this company with a false hope that you would be successful. He did not set you up for success and it's a shame that you're not using your intelligence for a good cause. Instead, your being made to look foolish every week. I will congratulate you though for becoming a successful Jobber I suppose. You have purpose in this company and it's being a competitive wrestler who everybody loves to hate. I'm not sure what part of King of The Ring you don't understand but let me break it down for you.

He clears his throat.

King of The Ring means you've accomplished something inside this ring. I've got the Breakout Title so at least I have shown that the ring is somewhere I'm comfortable. What about you though Prince Devitt? Can you name a time that you were comfortable? Can you name a big victory you've had that will turn heads? I don't think you can and honestly, it's no surprise to me. This event is a yearly occurrence, so you were entered because they needed to fill space. They don't really think you have a chance and that has to hurt don't you think. Your reality is that my path to the finals is not that difficult. It is done on purpose Prince Devitt and it's because they need this to happen. They want King Woods to win the tournament to give the World Title picture a new contender and someone who actually is a threat to take it. Can you imagine if a humble king such as myself won the World Championship? Can you imagine how many haters I would have if that happened? The entire roster would riot because most feel I don't belong here. Good thing I let my actions speak for me Prince Devitt. You've been one of my biggest haters and it's time I finally put an end to this. I am sick of hearing my name come out of your mouth. I am tired of being disrespected by you. Funny thing though you claim I'm not the KING of EBWF but yet who said you were the PRINCE? I've been told you can't claim a title you haven't earned so one of us is going to earn bragging rights and it's not going to be you. No worries though because when I go on and win King Of The Ring you will be my first text message offering you a chance to apologize.

He pauses for a moment to gather his thoughts.

The disrespect you've shown me was a surprise to me because when we had the Breakout tournament I went to staff and told them you needed to be in it. I did that for a reason because I was hoping to gain a little respect from you but obviously being a good guy doesn't work with you. So, this time you will see a side of me you won't like. It will be the side I don't even like but I'm tired of playing games with you. When our match is over the only thing left to do is acknowledge me as the true king of EBWF. I'm sure you can't contain yourself waiting to tell me you were right about me. That's fine laugh at yourself in the meantime for believing those lies. What are you going to do with your career when you come to the realization you will never accomplish anything when you can't get past me.

He looks at the crowd. Then his belt throwing it over his shoulder and turning toward the staging area.

I've had this title for nearly seven months and have fought anyone who I thought was worthy. I've knocked down everybody in my path so let that be a reminder to you Prince Devitt. I'm battled tested and outside of a few hiccups have been untouchable. What's really sad for you is on my worse day I am still the better talent. If you want to meet me for a street fight I'm down. If you want a steel cage match let's go. No matter the match you will taste blood and swallow your pride when your ass is being kicked by me. One good thing about losing to me is you get to be part of a list finally. It's a famous list as you're part of my wall of shame. All of those who thought they could handle me and got silenced.

He begins walking up the ramp as he exits the ring still talking.

Maybe I seem too confident about our match tonight. It happens all the time and perhaps you will shock the system and find a way to beat me but does it mean you deserve it? That is subjective and matter of opinion truthfully. All I know is tonight someone is going to leave disappointed, depressed and maybe even mentally out of place for a bit. The people will love you or hate you that's the way it is. Prince Devitt time is up, and our battle is now good luck to you because it will take a lot of that for sure.

He disappears backstage as the crowd goes crazy. It was nice to see King Woods excited and full of positive energy. It always made the arena electric and what could be more pleasing then watching him advance into the Semi-Finals.