EBWF Online Exclusive: Shining Star Burning Bright

Utami

EBWF Online Exclusive: Shining Star Burning Bright

Post by Utami »

As the video begins we see a golden star traced out on a black background, which glows and then spun off screen while “Shining Star” by Unlimited Dream Navigator played in the background. Clips of Arisa Hoshiki entering various arenas played in black and white as the song continued. In the bottom corner the words ‘video footage courtesy of World Wonder Ring Stardom/Bushiroad’ appeared. After this clips of Arisa hitting running knee strikes, a spinning moonsault and Brazilian kicks on opponents in Japan played until the first chorus began. At that point the footage faded out and the words ‘SHINING STAR BURNING BRIGHT: ARISA HOSHIKI’ appeared on the screen in a cursive font. Those words and the music faded away and we saw Arisa Hoshiki sitting in an armchair somewhere in EBWF headquarters. She wore a denim jacket over an EBWF t-shirt and adjusted her posture to ensure maximum comfort for the filming. After the words ‘Arisa Hoshiki: EBWF Japan Ambassador’ appeared at the bottom of the screen, she began to speak.

Arisa Hoshiki: “Hi everyone, it’s Arisa Hoshiki here! I’m so happy to have you joining me for this special online exclusive! It’s been a while since I talked straight to the fans, so it’s extra exciting for me to help you learn all about me and about the thrilling future of EBWF and Japan! So have a seat, buckle up and get ready for a fun ride!”

Arisa made finger guns to point at the camera, winked, and held the pose for a moment. She then cracked up and laughed at herself before continuing.

Arisa Hoshiki:
“Let’s start with a little ‘getting to Arisa’!”

A graphic with those words appeared on the screen, then faded as an image of a teenage Arisa posing with a bouquet of flowers and a trophy appeared. Arisa smiled brightly as she got into some details.

Arisa Hoshiki: “I guess you could say that I’ve always been a fighter of some kind. I’ve been pretty competitive for as long as I can remember, which really helped when I decided to fight people for a living! Whether it was winning the national amateur shoot boxing tournament when I was in high school-”

The image changed to show a teenage Arisa in a wrestling ring.

Arisa Hoshiki:
“Beating a future legend in my debut match-”

Again the image changed, now a split image showing her hitting a Brazilian Kick on one opponent and a flying knee to another. Eagle eyed viewers would recognize the opponents as Tam Nakano and Utami Hayashishita.

Arisa Hoshiki: “Intense, high octane rivalries-”

The next image showed her with a white championship belt, the center plate of which was shaped like a star.

Arisa Hoshiki: “Or dethroning the most dominant white belt champion and throwing everything I had into making that championship special, I always went to the ring with the same mindset. Work hard and give everyone who came to see me a reason to smile! It was so much fun to fight against so many different women and to leave the fans even happier than when I arrived. Their support powered me through some of the hardest battles you could possibly imagine, and I’ve always remembered that. It’s important to me to keep that energy going and keep creating happiness through professional wrestling.”

That image faded out as Arisa leaned closer to the camera, her smile growing wider.

Arisa Hoshiki:
“And while I had to retire a couple of years ago for medical reasons, I still want to keep on making people happy. Since May I’ve gotten to help scout talent from Japan who came to EBWF and it’s awesome that I got to help the world see some incredibly talented wrestlers on a big stage! I’ve gone from being the Shining Star to being the Star Maker!

Arisa winked in acknowledgement of her own cheesy line before elaborating.

Arisa Hoshiki:
“Hayashishita Utami-san and Nakano Tam-san I know pretty well from when we fought in Japan, and Shirakawa Mina-san is someone I think is also very skilled. I hope you all enjoy watching them in the ring, even if some of them have started acting a little nasty.

She pulled the jacket open so the EBWF logo on her shirt was more clearly visible.

Arisa HoshikI: “And just the same way, I’m working hard to bring all the heart-pounding action of EBWF to people back in Japan! I do a lot of little things here and there, but it means a lot to me that I can give back to the fans who supported me during my career. Speaking of giving back!”

Arisa reached for something off screen, then pulled up a poster for Gateway to Glory. Her expression grew proud as she explained.

Arisa Hoshiki: “I get to join the Japanese language commentary team for the first time at Gateway to Glory in a couple weeks! Actually, I have to admit I’m kind of nervous getting behind the microphone for the first time. But I know that everyone’s rooting for me, so my competitive side is getting fired up! I’ll do my best to bring smiles to everyone’s faces and spread the joy of professional wrestling, so please look forward to it!”

She clenched her hands into fists excitedly, then thrust one toward the camera as if throwing a playful punch.

Arisa Hoshiki:
“Gateway to Glory is coming soon, so-”

Her hand changed from a fist to thrusting her index finger toward the viewer.

Arisa Hoshiki:
“Check it out!”