Mina Shirakawa: The Bloody Angel Arrives

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Utami

Mina Shirakawa: The Bloody Angel Arrives

Post by Utami »

A Cafe in Downtown Portland, OR
8/12/2022

Things have been tense for one Mina Shirakawa recently, and she’s not entirely certain what to do with the anxious feelings filling her daily. When she decided to follow Utami to the west, she had big dreams of exceeding the things that previously defined her. No longer simply the sexiest member of a colorful stable. She was going to turn some heads in more than one way when she stepped into an American ring and proved herself. People were going to know her as much for her strength, powerbombs and charisma as they were for her modeling!

The thing about Utami has proven to be the complex nature of her personal magnetism. As much as Mina has the ability to light up a room with just a smile, Utami’s mere presence commands attention. Without speaking a single word the Crimson Queen draws all eyes to herself simply by existing. Mina truly believes that whatever Utami says, she means it wholeheartedly. Whether or not the paying audience approves of those words is beside the point ultimately. Since early July Mina has been under the Crimson Queen’s spell after just a few words spoken in passing. Even with the world united in its distaste for Queen’s Court Mina’s remained steadfast in the belief that Utami means what she says. It’s the truth.

Utami’s methods have begun to wear on Mina already. Making good on your promises is only as good as the way in which you go about doing so. The first week she was simply impressed by the focus and skill of her new friend in beating a defiant opponent. When Mina fought Alexa, it was a little harder to see the wisdom in Utami’s actions in the heat of the moment. Mina was sure she had Alexa’s number but Utami decided the match was to end there. Of course Alexa had defied Utami, so perhaps the Crimson Queen needed to send a message. Since then, though, the appearance of a dark force had made her feel an unexpected unease. Had Utami not assaulted Alexa like that the week before, Alexa might still be in a condition to fight. Mina might have her rematch. Is there still wisdom in how Utami is approaching this situation?

This creeping doubt combined with the intensity of Utami’s presence is what has fueled Mina’s anxiousness. So she’s made the decision to get a little space to herself to cool off and relax. That’s why she came to a cozy little cafe in downtown Portland instead of staying in the hotel. She only told Utami that she would be running some personal errands so that the Crimson Queen wouldn’t worry about her. Worry or question her actions? No, she can’t think like that. Amid the oddly unnerving minimalist art, mix and match table and chair sets and smooth jazz being piped in through the cafe’s speakers, Mina runs through what happened just before she left the hotel. Utami had grabbed her hand, stared deep into her eyes and spoke coldly.

‘Unleash the Bloody Angel on this girl when you fight. Show her the true power of my loyal knight. Do not disappoint me.’

She shakes her head again as the words echo through her mind again. To unleash her most aggressive side in the ring in this situation seems unnecessary. Shouldn’t it be enough that Mina held her own against a two-time EBWF Women’s Champion? If she didn’t turn to her darker instincts would Utami intervene again? Mina sighed and looked down at the espresso she had barely touched since it’s arrival on her table. She let her thoughts wander every which way and finally settled her focus upon the color of the liquid in the cup. A soft milky brown which rests peacefully within its recycled paper confines.

Something about it is so pleasant and reassuring that Mina finally manages to smile. The first connection to be made in her mind is that it reminds her of someone’s hair. It reminds her of Tam Nakano, who also recently arrived in EBWF. Someone who helped guide Mina through the growing pains of a young career to become an increasingly better wrestler. Did she miss Tam? If she did should she risk going to speak with Tam? Last time she decided to seek someone out to chat, that woman had been attacked by a monster. Maybe it’s silly to assume that could happen again, but Mina doesn’t want to take that chance. Besides, she has someone else to meet on Monday. A young woman who fought with such spirit against that monster even in defeat. Mina sipped her espresso at last as she forced herself to focus on the immediate future.

Mina Shirakwa:
“Aalyah Gutierrez, I look forward to meeting you.”

Moda Center, Portland, Oregon
8/15/2022

Just down the hall, a locker room is slightly ajar; from within only dim lights can be seen. Slowly the view approaches this door and something unnerving becomes apparent. The whole scene is devoid of background noise, which creates a decidedly haunting atmosphere. Adding to this is what can be seen within the locker room proper. All of the main overhead lighting is switched off, leaving only those bulbs surrounding the main mirror to light up the whole room. Upon the table in front of the mirror is strewn an array of makeup and brushes with no rhyme or reason to their arrangement.

Leaning over the table is the familiar figure of Mina Shirakawa in her pink and white ring gear with gold trim. As she stares into the mirror to apply the last bit of eyeliner, we see that her usually pink hair has been dyed back to its natural black shade. Something about her makeup looks subtly darker and more intense than usual. As she lowers the eyeliner to inspect her work, Mina begins to speak at last.

Mina Shirakawa:
“Hey there, do you like what I’ve done with my look for tonight? I realize it might be a big shock to you, but it’s for a bigger purpose. Tonight might be just another Warfare for everyone else who’s wrestling, but it’s so much more for me. Tonight it’s safe to say that I absolutely need to go beyond what I’ve shown in EBWF so far.”

She winks into the mirror, then turns around to look straight at the viewer.

Mina Shirakawa: “Let me be honest, I’m very excited to meet Aalyah Gutierrez in the ring tonight. She showed so much promise last week when she fought a true monster. The way she did everything she could to counter Rhea’s strength and size was truly inspirational. And if I could, I would tell her that I understand what she has to deal with when people insist on defining her as the daughter of a legend. Being asked every day and everywhere you go about that one thing is incredibly exhausting! For me, it’s the expectation that I’m here to be the sexy entertainer flaunting her looks all around the arena and ring. Trust me, Aalyah, I know how frustrating that is when you know that you can be so much more than what people typecast you as. It drives a girl crazy and makes her do drastic things!”

Mina runs a hand through her newly dark hair and smirks.

Mina Shirakawa:
“Aalyah, I’ll do you one favor tonight. When the bell rings and we begin to fight, I don’t expect anything out of you other than you are Aalyah Gutierrez. Show me what you can do! Unfortunately I don’t think that’s going to be enough to change your fortunes in the ring. Believe me when I tell you that I don’t want to hurt you tonight. If it happens, it happens. Because tonight you aren’t fighting the same old me either. Like I said, I’ve got a bigger purpose tonight than just wrestling you. Tonight I have to prove that I am capable of what the Crimson Queen sees in me. So there’s nothing to do but unleash a side of myself the world hasn’t seen in a long while.”

Mina licks her lips and a wild look fills her eyes.

Mina Shirakawa: “Aalyah, tonight you meet the Bloody Angel. She first came out to play out of a spurned heart, and that pain drives her to do some very unfortunate things. As soon as the bell rings, the Bloody Angel is coming for you with more aggression and wickedness than you’ve seen in your young career. No matter how many times you get to your feet I will pummel you back into the ground until there is nothing left of you but a broken shell. Tonight I don’t mean to just win, I mean to completely dominate you so there’s no question of how strong I am in the ring. Tonight is about no one else but Aalyah Gutierrrez and Mina Shirakawa. Even though we’re similar, when we fight tonight I will put you through hell. Why, you ask?”

Mina winks.

Mina Shirakawa: “The Crimson Queen wishes to see the Bloody Angel come out and play. The Bloody Angel does nothing short of put opponents through the most painful, physical match imaginable. And the Crimson Queen’s wish is my command. Tonight it’s no powerbomb to your heart - it’s a powerbomb to your very soul. If you survive the encounter, run for the hills and tell everyone how much more than a gravure model Mina Shirakawa is. It’s the least you can do for that favor I’m granting you.”

She pulls on a black version of her entrance jacket and blows a kiss to the camera.

Mina Shirakawa:
“I can’t be held responsible for what the Bloody Angel side of me does tonight. All I can ask is that you enjoy the pain.”