Twilight Nightmare

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Twilight Nightmare

Post by Ben M »

OOC: Good luck GP! It's been great working with you over the past few weeks <3

Sunday, October 30th: Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan

As Britt Baker arrived at Ford Field, and looked around the stadium, she couldn’t help but feel a little nervous. In just a few hours’ time, there would be over 75,000 fans inside Ford Field; it would be one of the biggest crowds Britt had ever performed in front of, and she was doing so as the EBWF Women’s Champion, which made her title defence at Fanniversary arguably the biggest match of her career to date. The match was made even bigger by the fact that Britt would be defending the Women’s Championship against Tam Nakano, who was one of the most popular and talented women on the EBWF roster, if not the whole of professional wrestling. EBWF had signed a number of Japanese women in recent months, but Tam was undoubtedly the standout; a former EBWF Women’s Champion who had created a lot of buzz when she returned to EBWF at the end of July. It hadn’t taken Tam long to become the number one contender for the Women’s Championship, but no one could argue she didn’t deserve it. Britt had a lot of respect and admiration for Tam, but there was an element of doubt as she approached this match. There had been rumours for months that EBWF was planning a world tour, and if that rumour was proved to be true, there would surely be a show in Japan to ensure a homecoming for EBWF’s Japanese stars. Which made Britt wonder... did EBWF want to go to Japan with Tam Nakano as their Women’s Champion? Wondering this had led Britt to wonder something else... did the powers that be in EBWF not see Britt as someone that should be representing their brand around the world, as champion of the women’s division? There had been no indication of this from Wes Ikeda, or anyone else on the EBWF staff. In fact, Britt had been praised for her performances both in and out of the ring, and she had been heavily involved in the numerous events that had taken place in the build-up to Fanniversary. And yet, despite that, Britt was doubting herself. Maybe it was anxiety, or imposter syndrome; she wasn’t sure. One thing she was sure of though was that at Ford Field, she would need to put in the performance of a lifetime. Win or lose, she wanted to make sure she had every single fan inside Ford Field on their feet.

Britt was so lost in her thoughts that she jumped when she was tapped on the shoulder. She hadn’t heard anyone approach her.

“Sorry baby, did I startle you?”

Britt’s boyfriend, Adam Cole, was the person who had tapped her on the shoulder. Seeing Adam was a welcome distraction from Britt’s thoughts, and she embraced him.

Britt Baker: Yeah... sorry. I was in a world of my own. I was just thinking about how huge tonight is for me.

As she said it, Britt felt a little guilty, remembering that Adam hadn’t been booked on the show. Perhaps Adam could see the guilt on her face, because he smiled and held her hand, as if to reassure her that she had nothing to feel guilty about.

Adam Cole: It is huge, but you absolutely deserve it. I’m really proud of you, Britt. You’ve come a long way.

Britt smiled and squeezed Adam’s hand gently.

Britt Baker: Thank you. I love you.

Adam Cole: I love you too. You’re going to kill it tonight, Britt... I know it.

As Britt and Adam walked back to the locker room, Britt felt the weight on her shoulders be lifted. For all her worries and doubts, having the belief of the man she loved more than anyone else in the world made a big difference. Besides, he was 100% right – she was going to kill it when she stepped into the ring with Tam Nakano.

--------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, Britt had been given the honour of kicking off the pre-show. Most of the fans were already inside the stadium, and as Britt’s music hit, the crowd popped. Hearing close to 75,000 fans cheering for her made Britt smile, although she knew that when she stepped into the ring later on, a lot of those same fans would be cheering for Tam Nakano instead. Britt didn’t mind that; she wasn’t bothered about being cheered or being booed, as long as the fans were reacting to her. She was the sort of competitor who could feed off the energy of the crowd, regardless of whether they wanted to see her win or lose. Britt strutted down the ramp, the Women’s Championship around her waist, and as she entered the ring she removed the title and held it up, before grabbing a microphone. Once Britt’s music was cut, she began to speak.

Britt Baker: Detroit... what a show you are in for tonight. You’ve got the return matches of Roman Reigns and The Miz to look forward to! You’ve got Hook taking on the dastardly devil, MJF! You’ll see Utami Hayashishita versus Alexa Bliss inside Hell in a Cell! King Xavier will defend the World Title for the first time against Edge! And most importantly, you’ve got Tam Nakano competing for the Women’s Championship against yours truly... Dr Britt Baker, DMD. A lot of people have been telling me that facing Tam Nakano will be the challenge I’ve had since becoming your Women’s Champion, and you know what? They’re right. Beating Allysin Kay was tough, but Tam Nakano is a different beast all together. Because for all of Allysin Kay’s violent tendencies, I knew I could outsmart and outwrestle her. But Tam... she’s one of the best women in the world in terms of her technical ability, and despite how cute and sweet she looks, she sure as hell knows how to handle herself. As Tam herself pointed out, the two of us are so closely matched that one wrong move from either of us could prove fatal. But you know what, Detroit? I’m pretty confident that in a few hours’ time, I’ll be walking out of her still your Women’s Champion.

That got a mixed reaction from the crowd. Baker shrugged, then continued speaking.

Britt Baker: It has been seven months since I won the EBWF Women’s Championship, and with me as the champion, the women’s division has gone from strength to strength. I have made the women of EBWF up their game, to get to my level. And yet, despite their best efforts, not one of them has managed to dethrone me. Tam Nakano seeks to change that, and like I said before, I know she’s going to give me a fight. But I also know Tam is scared. Not of me, although she should be... I could really hurt her if I wanted to. But no, that’s not what Tam is afraid of. She’s scared of failing. She acknowledged it herself... Tam knows what it’s like to be the EBWF Women’s Champion, and it’s one of the proudest accomplishments of her career. But she also knows what it’s like to lose this title, and that pain of losing still haunts her to this day. When she lost the Women’s Championship, that feeling of loss - of failure - affected Tam so badly, she left EBWF and went back to Japan. It took her over a year to consider returning. And while she’s been on a roll since she came back, defeating everyone that’s been in her path, tonight the stakes are higher. The pressure is on. And Tam knows that if she loses, she goes to the back of the line. She could be waiting months for another shot at the gold. She might never get a title opportunity again. And I’ve already made one woman quit EBWF because she couldn’t handle the fact that I beat her... who’s to say I won’t end up driving Tam out too?

The crowd booed at the prospect of Tam Nakano not only losing the match, but leaving EBWF as a result. Britt held up her hands, as if protesting her innocence.

Britt Baker: I’m not saying I want Tam to walk away from EBWF, Detroit; far from it. I want the EBWF women’s division to be the very best it can be, and having Tam Nakano in the division definitely makes it better. I’m just saying that competing at the standard required to be the EBWF Women’s Champion comes with a lot of pressure. Some women can handle it, others can’t. So, for all Tam Nakano’s technical wrestling ability and physical toughness, I’m not so sure about her mental strength.

Britt turned to face the camera, addressing Tam Nakano directly.

Britt Baker: You have a lot of heart, Tam, but you need to ask yourself... have you prepared mentally for this match, and what’s at stake? Is your fear of failure driving you, or is it inhibiting you? You say facing me is your “Twilight Dream” coming true, but it could end up being your Twilight Nightmare. Tonight Tam, I’m not just the DMD, I’m the DDM... Destroyer of Dreams in Michigan.

Britt grinned menacingly, then stepped back, dropped the microphone and held the title up once more. “The Epic” by Downstait hit and the crowd booed as Britt made her way to the back.