I'll never lose my edge.

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
King Xavier

I'll never lose my edge.

Post by King Xavier »

The MGM Grand Detroit
1777 3rd Ave
Detroit, MI 48226

EBWF World Champion King Xavier was sitting on his king size bed in his beautiful luxury hotel room. He had just finished eating breakfast for the day. He walked over to the balcony looking out into the skyline of Detroit. This week was the biggest of his career. The first title defense that truly scarfed him. Xavier took a few moments to compose himself as he gripped the world title in his hand leaning over the balcony rail and holding the title up high.

Edge for the past three weeks we have been playing mind games with each other. You have interfered with my matches costing me sweet victory. You are an obsessed man wanting something so bad you will do anything for it. Have you not learned anything over your long historic career? I don't think so because if you had then one would remember that I'm not your typical EBWF guy. I have been successful the moment I walked through those doors. I haven't been without a title since last December. Yeah, that's right almost 365 days I've controlled the breakout division. I moved up to the world title picture by winning KOTR and you're pissed off about it. You were supposed to be the next champion by beating Bray Wyatt. I stepped in your spotlight and stole the opportunity away. You're bitter I get it but trust me Edge I'm not relinquishing this title until I am good and ready. I'm not Bray Wyatt that's for sure but Edge you have no idea what I am capable of. The image most have is I'm a laid-back guy who enjoys life, but you've made me flip a switch that will prove you wasted this opportunity. Randy Orton is not in your corner this time and your wife will be in the crowd.

He paused.

The crazy thing is Edge after everything that has happened over the last month, I still like you. I think you've accomplished so much in this industry and have set the standard for everyone else. Ladies and gentlemen break into the industry saying I want to be the next Edge. I'd know because that was me and guess what? I become EBWF World champion. I achieved Edge status. I've taken your fame and pushed it aside making my own. Everyone that joins this company now wants to be like me. I've set the new standard and your hoping to take it back by beating me this week.

He walked inside making a hot cup of coffee and managed to change into a nice suit. He opened the door to a crowded hallway. The media was in a frenzy with EBWF in town. Xavier just shook his head and stepped out into the craziness. The media outlets saw the EBWF champion and took pictures. The cameras were flashing blinding him, but it was worth it to him. Suddenly a voice can be heard.

Journalist 1: Xavier, this is your first Fanniversary and we know this event is highlighted months in advance. It is always a premier event for EBWF. How do you fit the mold as EBWF champion and leading the way to another great event?

King Xavier: Everybody knows how I work by now. They understand that I am different from all others before me who have held this belt. Yes, they were all intelligent and hardworking, but I'm not built like a heavyweight. I'm barely over 200lbs but I never let that stop me. I have determination and a work ethic that must cannot compete with. I'm highly driven to be the best when others tell me I cannot. I certainly don't take being EBWF world champion for granted and want to be a fighting champion unlike the ones before me. I don't fit the mold as you stated but I make others fit my style and it's something fresh and exciting for everybody. I arrived this weekend expecting excitement in the air, and I was right. This city is ready for this event because I'm the leader. They see a young black man and it gives them hope as I hold this title high. I speak to them, and they trust what I say. This is not an equality or race issue I'm just speaking facts that me as champion brings in a whole new audience for this company and that's never a bad thing. EBWF has always been about growth and adapting. It's the very reason they have been around forever and are respected throughout the world. Some might say I can't handle representing this company but the way I see it no one else would step up and do it. I earned the right to stand here as your world champion and this will be the greatest Fanniversary in the history of EBWF and you know that says something.

Journalist 2: It is hard to believe you've been here a year and have not faced Edge. We no longer have to wait for that match as it happens this weekend. Were you purposely avoiding him early in your EBWF career? Do you feel this is a career defining match?

King Xavier: I never think about stuff like that honestly. Career defining is subjective in my eyes. However, I will say this. This match is more about Edge's career. Yes, the man has had a lot of career defining moments. Yes, he has the longest tag team title reign, but nothing compares to this. You see Edge needs this match more than me. I'm the champion. I'm the young guy making my way craving my path to greatness. He wants to prove that he can handle this generation. The very thought that he is irrelevant right now really bothers him. Edge wants to boost his bruised ego. We can talk all day about him being the Gateway champion but the only gateway he is going to find will be a huge boot to the face knocking him down the ladder when I beat him. It's funny in a way because he has been quiet this entire year, but Halloween comes around and he shows his crazy hair and attitude for the world to see. I'm not here to define my career in one match. I'm here to prove I was the greatest athlete in EBWF this year. In regard to the fact, I was avoiding him that is not true. I didn't jump behind lockers or disappear into the darkness. I was in plain sight and yet he never welcomed me. The great opportunist never mentioned me and has no knowledge of what I'm about. So that alone shows I am inside his head. Watching me on film compared to actually competing against me is different. I know what you're thinking though. I have the same disadvantage not being able to fight him. I'd argue that because you see Edge is a legend, but he doesn't change. The guy fights like a madman every time. This is 2022 we have to learn to adapt in this business. Things are going to be different for him. So, in a way his entire career will be built around this match. It's world title or bust for him so I hope he enjoys retirement because that's what he is heading after I humiliate him in front of the great city of Detroit.

Journalist #3: So aside from your huge match. What are you looking forward to most this week?

Xavier Woods: That's easy. I'm looking forward to the make-a-wish foundation kids. They are always so excited and delightful to be around. They don't judge you, but they also will call you out on something so these children listen. I think the world is a better place with them in it. The stuff they go through and still have a positive attitude is incredible and yet we have competition every day that complain about a bad back. If you will excuse me, I have a tight schedule.

EBWF and Detroit Lions Cookout for a Cause

Xavier walks through the media and down the stairs. He doesn't stop to speak as other media outlets are flooding every floor. Eventually he gets outside. A VIP driver for the events takes him to Ford field for the cookout with the Detroit Lions. The moment he stepped out he could smell the BBQ. Xavier stood tall holding the title over his shoulder and walked by security with a nod and smile. Walking through the tunnel onto the field there he saw the entire team and select folks cooking at the fifty-yard line. It was like a dream come true. This week was full of surprises. He walked toward the crowd. Xavier greeted everyone and let them hold the belt for pictures. Once that was finished, he took a microphone and decided to speak with the crowd before the food was served.

I thank each of you today for representing the city well. EBWF is proud to be here, and you guys remain huge supporters to this day. I'm not sure how many folks know me but I'm King Xavier the EBWF world champion. I started at the bottom working my way to the top and trust me Detroit is a hard-working class city. You guys know what it's like to not have much and making do with the resources you have. It's not your fault which gave me an idea. I am going to give half my earnings for this year and put it into this beautiful city. We are going to restore the legacy of Detroit. I can't speak for champions before me, but I like to be different. I want people to understand that fear, pain and dishonest don't have to exist if we work together. I want you to enjoy yourself here today and when you attend our live event take everything in. There are people who only go to one event because it's all they can afford but trust me you will be hooked by the end. The main event with yours truly in it will not disappoint and leave you wanting more. Thank you and God bless everyone.

EBWF Breakfast with the Champions

After spending the rest of the night with the cookout King Xavier retired to his hotel. He slept so well that he woke up a little later than expected. He had to hurry and get downstairs for an event that touched his heart. He put together an outfit which represented the company well and made his way downstairs for his favorite meal breakfast. Once there he went o MGM Salon 1 where the kids were waiting. There were a few champions already there but the pop he got from the children made him smile. Some even hugged him and wanted an autograph or two. He did whatever they wanted it was about them after all. Once things settled and everyone was seated, they enjoyed an amazing breakfast. The kids were running around laughing with all the titles when Xavier stood in front of the group.

Xavier: Children, I'm sure I speak for the rest of EBWF when I say thank you for being here. Thank you for being so tough and knowing that it's best to live in the moment. I have a special spot for children because you guys are the future and will never stop fighting. The world needs bright minds like you to lead it and show us adults that sometimes just going slow and enjoying things is the best way. That's what I will do this week and going forward. I might be the EBWF champion and represent them but after my match win or lose I want each of you to join me in the ring. We will smile together and take a picture for the local newspaper. You will feel like a champion this entire week because you are. Never let someone tell you differently. We do this because it's a passion of ours but Make-A-Wish is the foundation of EBWF without your love and dedication we couldn't do what we do. Thank you for listening and remember when you hear the music of my opponent Edge what are you going to do?

The kids boo and put thumbs down as Xavier smiles and goes back to having breakfast with them until the end of the event. He sat by the indoor pool located on the west end of MGM Grand. He managed to get a nap in with a full stomach. Once he awakened, he made his way back to Ford Field for the EBWF all access. He wanted his turn patiently by hanging out with fans and even doing a few balloon animals considering it was around Halloween. Xavier listened to everyone and realized the overall experience for most has been great. Noon came around as Xavier took his spot center stage among his peers. He allowed all everyone to come see him. He never turned away people and he had no intention of starting now. Life was good for him. Once the time allotted was up he gave away his signed photos to anyone on the street as he tried to relax preparing for a final promo tomorrow. It was hard though because so much has been said but eventually he fell asleep. He woke up and put on a royal robe. Making his way down to the promo facility one last time. He stood before the camera and spoke.

Edge at the beginning of this week I said some things about you. It was the truth of course but upon further reflection I realize that there is more about you then just your skills. You used to have a great personality that lit up the room when you came in. Now you have a coldness about you. It’s like you’ve completely changed for whatever reason. You want attention instead of earning it like everyone else. Did you see me bitching about not getting main event spots? No I earned it. Every week since I’ve been that guy to end the show. People want to see me instead of you because I’m the cool guy. I’m the one who makes people laugh and that bothers you. All the relationships you built over the years mean nothing now to you. All because I made a comment about your tag team not being exactly what they used to be. It wasn't a lie. If you and Randy were still a thing, you’d still be out here performing together each week. Instead, both of you want singles matches for whatever reason. Then on top of that you guys barely help each other so you can get mad about what I said. The truth hurts though Edge and it’s going to be very painful for you looking up at me holding MY title in the air. I’m going to be that guy who breaks record and go down as the GOAT. See you soon Edge.

The scene fades.