It's Time For A Change

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Murf

It's Time For A Change

Post by Murf »

It was my first match back in over nine months at Fanniversary, and I was faced with a huge challenge in Veer Mahaan. No one thought I could come back after missing nine months, and be the same guy I was nine months ago however I proved them wrong. I walked into Fanniversary clearly as the underdog, but I walked out of Fanniversary victorious. Even though the critics would say that I had my work cut out for me, mainly because I hadn't competed inside an EBWF ring since January of 2022. Everybody wondered whether I would show any ring rust, they even said a challenge like Veer Mahaan was just too much for the Tribal Chief to overcome. But I didn't let none of that bother me because, I knew what I was capable of doing in that ring and I knew, I was the greatest of all time and there was no chance Veer Mahaan could defeat me.

Now that I conquered the man known as Veer Mahaan at Fanniversary, everybody wants to know what's next for the Tribal Chief? Well that would be the current EBWF World Champion, Xavier Woods... someone I'm very familiar with also, as I competed against Xavier Woods on January 3rd, 2022! It was on a special edition of Warfare dubbed Final Resolution, this was before Xavier Woods had became EBWF World Champion, I was the number one contender for the EBWF Gateway Championship. Xavier Woods was then known as King Xavier and was also the EBWF Breakout Champion, he was rolling high coming into that match and had yet to be defeated. I was determined to dethrone the King and I came into this match fully determined to get the win, but after a long hard fought battle of non-stop back and forth action I found myself on the losing end.

It's something I still haven't gotten over to this day, I felt like I could of beaten Xavier Woods at Warfare: Final Resolution! I had him right where I wanted him, I called for the Spear to finish Woods off, but he blocked it with a kick and I stumbled backwards for a moment. I was able to regain myself though and charged back at Woods, this time he moved out of the way and I hit the steel ring post. He hit the elbow drop from the top rope and that was all she wrote, but when I look back on that night January 3rd, 2022 it always eats at me. Because I knew going into this match, I could win. However, I failed to get the job done and still to this day it eats me alive. So for the last nine months, I've been working harder than I've ever worked before. I have been in the gym daily, three times a day even to prepare for this. Because I told myself, if I ever got this opportunity again, if I ever got the chance to compete against Xavier Woods again inside an EBWF ring, that I would silence my critics and I would walk out victorious.

Well that time has came and on November 14th, 2022 inside the Canadian Tire Centre, from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada it will be Xavier Woods versus Roman Reigns! I can't wait for this match. I've been waiting for the last nine plus months for this match. Not a day has went by that I haven't been watching EBWF and keeping up with the product, because I always knew that one day I would come back and when I did make my return, there was always that one match that topped the list for me and it was Xavier Woods! Why? Because it was Xavier Woods who first defeated Roman Reigns inside an EBWF ring. It was Xavier Woods that began the downward spiral as I like to call it, mainly because after that match I began letting my personal demons take over. But that was over nine months ago... THIS IS NOW! And the time has came. Warfare... November 14th, 2022 from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada... The Champ versus The Tribal Chief...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a cool windy night after Fanniversary in Detroit, Michigan. I was walking through the corridor backstage on my way out of the building, an EBWF cameraman was filming for exclusive all-access footage that could only be seen on EBWF.net, and then I seen Alex Marvez approaching me out of the corner of my eye. I stopped turning my attention to Alex, who walked up to me with a huge smile on his face. He was holding an EBWF microphone in hand, and he wanted to conduct an exclusive interview with the Tribal Chief for EBWF.net, so I stuck around for a bit longer and answered a few questions.

Alex Marvez: Congratulations on the win tonight Roman.

Roman Reigns: Thanks Alex.

I thanked Alex for the much appreciated congratulations he gave to me, with a smile covering his face as well it was the least that I could do.

Alex Marvez: I would have to say Roman, aside from everything that had been said before tonight, you looked very impressive against Veer Mahaan. If I am going to be honest, you know, with everyone talking about potential ring rust and this and that, I thought you looked better than you ever did before! How did you feel out there tonight?

Roman Reigns: I felt good man. I came here tonight to silence the critics, I came here tonight to send a message to the suits as well. And honestly, I think I did just that with my victory over Veer Mahaan.

Alex Marvez: Have you heard about your match on the next Warfare by chance?

Roman Reigns: I have not Alex...

Alex Marvez: You're going to be in singles action Roman, against the current EBWF World Champion and last year's King of the Ring... Xavier Woods!

I chuckled after Alex informed me of my next opponent, and it was very fitting because I faced Xavier Woods, in January a couple weeks before I was suspended from EBWF.

Roman Reigns: That's great news Alex.

Alex Marvez: And why is that great news sir?

Roman Reigns: Well if you remember right Alex, it was earlier this year that I faced off with Xavier Woods, before he became the EBWF World Champion. Also, before I wound up getting myself suspended from this company for over nine months. So it's fitting to me, because now that I am back Alex... I plan on going through the entire roster, not only because I can but because I will... and I am going to smash 'em... I am going to stack 'em... much like I did tonight with Veer Mahaan, you see man tonight was just an example of what's to come Alex... November 14th on Warfare, now that's a different story because on that night man... it's about redemption, it's about avenging a loss that most people said, was a major setback for the career of Roman Reigns... so yeah, I'm looking forward to this Alex and after I defeat Xavier Woods at Warfare, I think the only thing left for him to do is... ACKNOWLEDGE ME!

I walked off after those words and I climbed inside the back of a 2022 Cadillac Escalade, before the driver pulled off leaving Ford Field and putting an end to this exclusive segment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went home in Pensacola, Florida where my wife Galina had set up a surprise get together, when I walked through the door of my house I was greeted by my wife Galina, she walked me into the kitchen and inside my kitchen was a table decorated with a table cloth. There was six plates on top of the table and six chairs sitting around the table, she told me to take a seat on one end and she took a seat on the other end. However, there was still four chairs that were empty and I just looked across the table a bit confused.

Roman Reigns: I thought this was a surprise get together?

Galina: It is a surprise get together babe.

I'm still looking around a bit confused as I didn't see anybody else sitting at the table.

Roman Reigns: Where is everyone?

Galina: They should be coming.

Roman Reigns: Who's all coming?

Galina: If I told you then it wouldn't be a surprise.

I just shook my head with a grin. Right about that time, I heard the front door open. I went to see who it was but Galina beat me to the punch, she obviously knew who it was but didn't want to spoil the surprise for me. A few minutes goes by and then I see my cousins, Jimmy and Jey Uso walking in to the kitchen. Galina followed behind them, and then I seen my Father, Sika walking behind her. The five of us then were seated at the table, Jimmy and Jey on one side, my Father on the opposite end of me and Galina sitting next to me on my right.

Roman Reigns: This is awesome!

Galina: I'm glad you like it babe.

Roman Reigns: No one else is coming?

Galina chuckled.

Galina: No babe this is it. I brought your cousins and your Father, I figured that was enough for tonight.

Jimmy and Jey both shook up with me while carrying a smile on their face from ear to ear.

Jey Uso: Been a while Uce...

Jimmy Uso: Yeah it's been quite some time since we kicked it. I can remember Roman when we were little kids Uce, we used to kick it every single night at pops house man.

Roman Reigns: Those were fun times boys for sure. A lot of great memories as well.

Jey Uso: Too many memories Uce.

Jimmy Uso: Yeah, too many memories Roman. But ya' know Uce, we about to add another memory right here tonight.

I looked across the table at my Father, Sika.

Roman Reigns: How you doing pops?

Sika: Son, I am doing great. How are you doing?

Roman Reigns: I can't complain. I'm back right where I wanted to be all along, and I feel like I'm in the best shape of my life.

Jey Uso: You look good Uce. Just make sure to take care of business against Woods my dawg.

Jimmy Uso: Damn straight Roman, this is your time now.

Sika: Listen to me Son... this opportunity you are presented with, is what I would call a golden opportunity because, if you can win against Xavier Woods then you might put yourself in line for a title shot down the road.

Roman Reigns: That's the goal pops. That's why I came back, because I have unfinished business. It all starts on Warfare, but it's no easy task. He won King of the Ring last year, he's the reigning EBWF World Champion. I mean, it's not going to be easy but I believe Woods is in trouble this time around. I've watched the tape over and over pops, I've watched myself make that same mistake over and over again. I won't make that same mistake twice!

Jey Uso: Woods might be the Champion for now Uce, but I think even he knows Roman... you're the greatest of all time, and now that the Tribal Chief has returned... I think even Xavier Woods has realized that his time is up, he's on borrowed time right now Uce...

Jimmy Uso: He's definitely on borrowed time Uce, the Tribal Chief has arrived in EBWF and Woods is going to have to acknowledge that, because at the end of this thing man he's gonna have no choice but to acknowledge you as the Tribal Chief!

Sika: That's right Son, he might be on top of the mountain right now. But streaks are meant to be broken, and Roman it's time for you to rise up and dethrone the King. This is not a game for you Son, this is your life and this is your dream. To take the bull by the horns and to grab the bull by the horns are idioms that both mean to face a situation head on, especially a difficult or dangerous situation. You must walk out of this match as the winner Son, no matter what you have to do on Warfare, you must walk out of this match and make a statement heard 'round the world. Because this is your chance to not only redeem yourself Son, but this is your chance to expose Xavier Woods which I know is what you really want to do!

Galina: It's all you have talked about Roman since you found out about this match, this is your time to shine and prove to the world that you are everything that you say you are! You are the greatest of all time! You are the Tribal Chief... you are the Head of the Table! This is the moment you have been waiting for, for the last nine plus months and it's all you have ever talked about... from that unforgettable night back in January, when you felt like this match, losing to then King Woods sent Roman Reigns on a downward spiral... this is the moment Roman, for you to reach up and grab that brass ring... no one in that company wants it more than you do, not Xavier Woods, not Edge, no one wants this more than Roman Reigns wants this moment... SO TAKE IT!

Jey Uso: That's right Uce, ain't no way Woods is going to be able to hang with the Tribal Chief.

Jimmy Uso: Yeah Uce, he's gonna have no choice but to acknowledge the Tribal Chief... nine months ago, he might of beat the Big Dog... but the Big Dog is a changed man now Uce, and Xavier Woods is about to find out the hard way that the man you've became... is soon to be that dude who takes the World Title away from his ass, smash 'em and stack 'em Uce...

Roman Reigns: That's right. Smash 'em and stack 'em... it's only a matter of time boys, before this company has to recognize me as the greatest of all time and give me what I damn well deserve... Xavier Woods is just a stepping stone, he's not what I would call championship material... but I am because I'm the Tribal Chief... I'm the Head of the Table... and when this is done boys, Xavier Woods is going to ACKNOWLEDGE ME!

Galina went to grab the food that we were going to eat tonight, placing it on the table for everyone to dig in. She sat back down next to me and we all enjoyed our dinner tonight, together as a Family for the first time in a long time but it felt really good. The only thing that would make this even better is when I defeat Xavier Woods on Warfare, and show the world who I really am and that I am the greatest of all time. Because there is truly no one better and there is nothing that's going to stop me, from whipping his ass and putting my name in line for a future World Title match.

I showed up to the Canadian Tire Centre in the back of my 2022 Cadillac Escalade, stepping out in style wearing black joggers and black t-shirt featuring myself with the Usos standing behind me, with bold red print reading "ACKNOWLEDGE THE BLOODLINE" on the front. I began walking towards the arena and made my way through the corridor, before I walked towards the gorilla position as they cue up my theme music. The blue spotlights inside the Canadian Tire Centre began shining all over the set, as this live sold out crowd in Ottawa stood on their feet with mixed reactions. I walked out onto the set to a huge chorus of boos and cheers, and stood on top of the set staring out into the masses, before I raised up my right hand pointing my index finger to the rafters. Pyro shoots off all around me blasting off with huge explosions, as I made my way down the aisle towards ringside and climbed inside the ring. I walked over grabbing a microphone from the ring announcer, and then I stood center of the ring facing the hard camera.

Roman Reigns: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada...

The crowd had boos and cheers as I stood center of the ring looking around inside this jam packed arena.

Roman Reigns: ACKNOWLEDGE ME!

There was more boos than cheers as I just looked around at the fans with a confused look on my face, I could not believe these people would boo me but of course I had to realize we were in Canada.

Roman Reigns: Warfare: Final Resolution...

I stated speaking clearly of the night I faced Xavier Woods in the middle of this ring.

Roman Reigns: January 3rd, 2022... it was the night I stood in this ring, standing across from the current EBWF World Champion Xavier Woods... and they called it the match everyone had waited for, because at that time everybody said we were quite possibly the two biggest stars in the locker room... Woods and myself were both undefeated, we had never lost a match since coming to EBWF but on that night, one of us had to lose and unfortunately it was me... but when I look back on that night, when I watch the footage and I've watched that tape over and over again... I realized something and that is... I made a mistake, I had Woods down and right where I wanted him, but then I took him lightly and he overcame all of that proving that, he wasn't just one of the regular jobbers and this dude could go... he was championship material and look at him now, EBWF World Champion... y'all brag about this dude every chance you get, y'all cheer every single time he walks down that aisle... but tonight, you're going to see a different side of the Tribal Chief... you're going to see a different side of the Head of the Table, because I'm in GOD MODE NOW! I am the greatest of all time... I am that guy who stands above them all, and I am going to prove that tonight when I put this clown Xavier Woods down right here in the middle of this ring.

I was all business tonight and this sold out crowd could not stand me here in Canada, but I didn't care because I knew what I had to do tonight and no one was taking this away from me.

Roman Reigns: I have watched Warfare: Final Resolution over and over again, I've watched that match more times in the last week than I have over the course of the last ten months. I have witnessed every single mistake I've made, and I can assure you that I won't make those same mistakes again. I have watched almost every match Xavier Woods has competed in since that time, I've seen this man overcome the odds every time he steps inside this ring. But tonight, the odds are so far stacked against him, there is absolutely zero chance he overcomes them tonight. Because I am better... I am stronger... I have worked my ass off for the last ten months, so that I could get back right here and prove that on January 3rd, 2022... Xavier Woods win against me was nothing more than a fluke!

This sold out crowd booed loud after they heard me state that Woods win back in January at Warfare: Final Resolution was a fluke.

Roman Reigns: I overlooked Xavier Woods and I thought he was just another random dude, who couldn't pack water for the Tribal Chief but I have to admit I was wrong. I was wrong, I'm not ashamed to admit that. I took him lightly, but I took notice and I realize now that I can't approach this match tonight, the same way I approached this match ten months ago. I have to be ready for everything, and I have to be at the top of my game. So for the last ten months, getting to this point right here Ottawa... I have trained three times a day, I have poured my blood sweat and tears into this moment... because I've beaten myself up daily over this one loss, the one loss that put my career on a downward spiral... and if I ever want to redeem myself, if I ever want to overcome that unforgettable couple of weeks... then I need to silence this man tonight, I need to silence the Champion and I need to silence the critics... because I am the best in this company, I am the greatest of all time and I am going to smash Xavier Woods right here in the middle of this ring tonight!

I was focused and determined with that look of malice in my eyes as this Ottawa crowd booed once more, these people were ready for me to leave at any time but I wasn't finished.

Roman Reigns: When I am finished tonight smashing the Champion, I want everybody to take notice and I want everybody to stand on their feet... and I want you to look me dead in my eyes, look dead into my eyes and... ACKNOWLEDGE ME! Because this is just the beginning of a new era... it's time for a change, it's time for the Tribal Chief to take control of the World Championship... it's time for the Tribal Chief to take control of this company, and be the flagbearer for years to come... y'all can boo me all you want, but truth is truth and Xavier Woods is going to get his ass kicked tonight... I'm gonna smash him... I'm gonna stack him... and just like Veer Mahaan, I'm gonna dump his ass in that big orange dumpster out back... because it's time to take out the trash! So let me just finish with this... I want you to take a long look in the mirror, and I want you to put the World Title around your waist... cherish that moment, take a picture even of that moment Xavier... because after I smash your ass tonight, I'm coming after the title and I'm coming to dethrone this so called King... so I hope your ready man, I hope your ready to bow down at my feet and ACKNOWLEDGE THE TRIBAL CHIEF!

My theme music kicked back up as this jam packed arena booed. I climbed out of the ring and walked back up the aisle, heading towards the backstage area where I would go to my locker room and prepare for the Main Event later this evening.