Welcome to the Dark Side

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
King Xavier

Welcome to the Dark Side

Post by King Xavier »

Xavier was exhausted. The holiday season was a crazy time for him. It was not going to bother him though as he realized the importance to keep going. The match with The Miz was a crazy way to start the year. However, Xavier knew what needed to be done. The Miz was a EBWF legend and former world champion. His mind was going in all type of directions. The only option he had right now was to sleep. Although as he closed his eyes Xavier had no idea the vivid dream that was to come. He slowly fell into a deep sleep a dream of the future appeared.

Xavier stood in a huge security room inside an executive office building. He felt some tension but unsure why. He sat in a chair looking at the cameras making sure his employees weren't stealing as they enjoyed being sneaky around the holidays. Every room was accounted for except for the newest conference room that was under construction or, so he was told. Once he was finished adjusting the cameras checking everything twice to see if they were naughty or nice Xavier decided it was time to make check out the new conference room. He started walking on the ground floor. The thought of fans celebrating another win brought a smile to his face. Bringing them joy was at the top of his New Year's Resolution. Xavier continued down the hall as people walked by him shaking hands as he took a left toward the newest addition to building. It was the money wing which was partially under construction but had the biggest and most expensive conference room in the world. Xavier arrived outside the door only to see it darkened. He stood there for a moment turning the knob. The smell of fresh paint hitting his face as he took a few steps inside. He reached out to turn on the light when a mysterious man spoke.

???: Xavier, leave the light off and have a seat please.

He didn't dispute him walking over and having a seat at the table.

???: We walk in the darkness for a reason Xavier. The light of the world makes us weak. I made this room in my image and with you in mind. The lights will never be on because I never want you to feel weak. 2023 is going to be about doing what's best for business. It's about never being seen until the time is right. This building and the power within it will soon be revealed to those on Warfare. Each individual will seek to destroy the reputation this place holds in your heart.

Xavier interrupted.

Xavier: Who are you?

He paused for a moment.

???: The only thing you need to know is I am seeking a leader for The Corporation, and I've reached out to you. You're evil, a true monster and have no shame in putting people in their place. I'm going to train you, groom you and cater to you until the inner monster is truly unleashed and there is no one who can conquer you. My name is not important.

Xavier sat there listening to everything being said. He leaned forward elbows on his thighs looking in the direction of this man.

I love the idea behind all this. I have thrived at being outspoken and having no fucks to give. My objective is clear. I have a vision and you speak the language of hate which I love. It is going to be a warning for everyone who gets in the ring with me that I'm always doing what's best for business and what benefits me only. I appreciate the opinion that you choose me. A complete stranger but I'm fed up with failure and being mocked for being different. It's important that I take responsibility for my actions going forward but not in a way most would think. There are things about me I need you to fix but it won't be an overnight transformation. In my opinion there is only one man who can lead The Corporation. It has to be someone who allows private conversations and shows respect at all times.

The mystery man continued to look away from him. He processed the words being said and seemed a little surprised as he spoke.

????: Private conversations among The Corporation is allowed. We are doing that right now the only difference is I'm a guy of integrity and will always follow up with you about everything. I am curious though what man knows The Corporation better than you and shares the same values. You've been here the longest and everyone fears you in the humblest way possible. Any conversation between us will only be for us until we wish to share it with the others. I do wish to speak with this new leader if you truly choose to go that direction because our motto doing what's best for business is going to be drilled into their mind. It will be something they fully understand and never look back always wanting The Corporation to be the best. Always battling to get to the top of the mountain again. Can you promise me that he has those intentions?

A smiled appeared on Xavier. He walked toward the mystery guy as he now stood behind him.

Yes. I thought about all that before making this decision. The person I want to be the leader of The Corporation is you. You're a legend of this business. You have seen and heard just about everything. Your experience is exactly what we need and you're fearless. There is no limit to what you will do in order to get what you want and that's impressive. I want you as the new leader of The Corporation if you wish to take on that role. I will never disrespect you. So, what do you say Ted?

The man turned to face Xavier revealing his identity.

Ted DiBiase: Leader of The Corporation does have a great ring to it. I will always look out for you and do what's best for business. Everyone has a price they are willing to pay and I'm the guy at the negotiating table. I gladly accept the offer Xavier and I want nothing but the best for you. Being your leader gives you less to stress about and focus on wrestling and doing what it takes to bring The Corporation titles and success. Life is going to be different in 2023 and it starts with a huge battle. I heard about your huge opportunity against The Miz. You will battle him and put your body on the line. You will bleed and break bones, but you shall overcome. I consider this an evaluation. You're wise Xavier and will not reveal everything your capable of. Miz will learn that the battles before do not matter. The world is going to know who the hell Xavier is. The Miz will start 2023 having nightmares of you. Stay smart and understand that Miz is a veteran of this business and knows not to give the opponents anything to work with for the future. Thank you for thinking of me and wanting my leadership ability.

Xavier: It was an easy decision sir. You're welcome and I look forward to 2023 knowing the expectations of me will rise with you at the leadership position of The Corporation. I will leave you to your thoughts as I have some decisions to make on some employees that I've noticed are not fully on board with our motto I'm sure you understand.

Ted acknowledged it with a smile as he watched him leave.

Ted Dibiase: One more thing before you go. Keep your schedule open because my associates will be reaching out shortly.

The future was not written yet, but Ted Dibiase had huge plans going forward. He wasn't expecting anyone else as Xavier left. His alarm went off. He opened his eyes laying there unsure of what to think. It was the morning of Warfare and the final countdown had begun for his match. The EBWF world champion spoke as he stayed in bed.

Miz, I compete against you for the fans. Its not because you deserve this opportunity. Truth be told the world title talent in EBWF is lacking and you were picked out of the scrap that remained. I know you have different views then me. You want to make lives miserable and love punishing people along the way. I am going to change that. I can't promise the fans anything more than a victory and that this will be our final battle for a very long time. I will bust your head open and watch the bleed Miz. The mat blood soaked as I toss you around with ease. No one is going to interfere in our battle because we're two alpha males fighting for the greatest prize of the company. I try to be a great guy and welcoming to everyone, but you have refused my friendship. You want to see the monster inside me come out because it will give you satisfaction. It won't give you victory though because you won't know how to handle that part of me. The new year is going to start off miserable for you Miz. I'm deep in your mind and soon you will realize that it only gets stronger with time. I respect the legacy you have built but I'm the EBWF world champion right now. You are not the center of attention anymore. Things are more positive with me at the helm. I am curious though Miz. Have you finally grown a pair of balls that can compete with me in that ring?

He started to laugh.

Not having the title around your waist has driven you crazy. Your mental status for our match does worry me. You might want to get that checked out and not ignore it for years to come. Our match is not going to help at all because you will endure massive head shots throughout the match. You will lose focus and realize that Xavier is the first man to outsmart The Miz. Unlike you I take care of my body. I don't push myself to a point of no return. I like to remain focused and steadfast on my task. My positive attitude is known throughout the industry. I am the most trusted guy in the company and that pisses you off. You think being an A-lister gives you special perks but with me it means nothing. I'm about to make you realize just how unstable you are Miz. You're about to stoop to a level you never wanted to. Your legacy is about being in control. You want to control the pace, the moves, the time. NO matter what it is Miz you want to control the situation. I am going to get you off your game. It will go against the legacy you have but being outside your comfort zone gives me the advantage. You will try harder than expected. It will show that you've always been average at best in EBWF. It doesn't leave the element of surprise for you. Your legacy is built on commitment and excellence. I'm not a typical superstar. I always pay attention to my surroundings. I wouldn't be in this business if I lacked the ability to multitask. It will be interesting to see how you handle someone who has no limits. Someone who will bring the fight to you punching you in the mouth just to piss you off for fun. I want you in pain. I want you to give me a fear factor that no one thought was possible. Make me scream it won't matter in the end because I'm the better man in this battle.

He rolls out of bed sitting on the edge as he continued.

Slaying you on Warfare is the easy part, Miz. I approach this match the same way as I do the others. I understand what's on the line, but the pressure isn't on me. I've been champion for a very long time in EBWF. I've had a title around my waist for over a year. The pressure is on you Miz. It is about you performing at the highest level. I might have a huge target on my back, but I carry myself with confidence. I have some new weapons in my arsenal that I will be happy to show you. It will be when you least expect it though Miz. Hell, maybe you will get a taste of your own medicine. I haven't shown you everything in my arsenal yet. I am going to wait until the moment is right. This week there is no holding back. You're ego will be humbled and bruised. You will get a taste of your own medicine. You will understand the numbness many victims have felt. I will force you to look into my eyes and just laugh. The laugh will haunt you forever because it will be the last thing his eyes see before I knock you out. You will wake up realizing all the hard work was for nothing. I knocked you back into reality letting know that I have your number. It will be a time of great celebration.

He goes downstairs starting coffee trying to wake up a little more. Once coffee was finished, he made a huge cup and take a big gulp. It kicked in eventually as he continued.

Miz, I've spoken truth since day one here in EBWF. It's why i continue to be praised and loved among the fans and the roster. The truth sets me free. It's part of who I am, and everyone understands that. Most people don't know the true dark side of you Miz. So, I'm going speak truth into them. Miz is going to try and break me down. Find my weakness and hope it's enough for victory. The truth about our battle is this. You will arrive at the arena. You will go into your designated area trying to clear your thoughts in order to focus. I'm in your head Miz and you will realize that when you arrive. No matter what you do the thoughts will never escape you. The time will tick away and before you can react our match will be next. The hair on your back will stand up. Fear will overtake you. You will doubt yourself for just a moment and I'll win. That moment of weakness you show allows me to access your thoughts. It will worry you that Xavier Woods can do everything better then you. You will try to compose your image and tough appearance, but I've shattered it. The swagger you have walking to the ring will be gone and replaced with uncertainty. Then to make your night a complete and utter failure I will break you in half in front of everyone. 2022 has been a roller coaster ride for you Miz but it's all going to be derailed in one swift moment. The only 2022 moment you'll be remembered for is losing to me.

He took the cup sitting down on the couch.

Miz, I'm always going to have a lesson for you to learn. It is not done as a punishment but to keep you focused on the goal at hand. My approach to your failure depends on the situation. I need to contain you. I know not to lose my mind over you. It gives me the advantage going forward. The ring is not going to stop us. We will take the battle to the crowd if needed. I am going to rely on what I was taught growing up. My mind is dangerous because it filled with so many images. This Warfare you will see why I'm a fighting champion. you will see why I will do anything to keep this title.

He finished the coffee and made some breakfast. He ran some local errands before traveling to Mississippi Coast Coliseum. Even though he has been with the company for just over a year this was truly a marquee match. It was going to be watched by the entire world. When he arrived at the arena, he had a three-piece suit on. The world title tucked away in his suitcase. The EBWF staff greeted him with smiles and fist pumps. He didn't swing by his locker room. Instead, he continued toward the ring. Xavier wanted to see his people. The crowd was continuing to come in but those in attendance made a loud pop as the EBWF World Champion walked through the curtain and down the ramp. Xavier took the time and waved to everyone. Blowing them kisses as he entered the ring. He pumps the crowd up as he gets tossed a microphone. He held the title close to him bringing it to his lips.

You guys are incredible. I know this place is ready to explode. This truly is the deep south but trust me ladies and gents having hospitality is not going to happen tonight. I know I've said a lot about Miz, but I was just scratching the surface. The world seems to love this man and it does confuse me a little. What do you think the reaction will be when I prove that his win over me was pure luck. He isn't used to hearing that but keeping it real the isn't used to being second best in the company. He felt invisible when he had this title around his waist. The competition was never up to his standard. Then a new face appeared on the roster. It was a young man. Talented beyond his years. A veteran of the industry and ready to prove he has what it takes to be the guy. I did things the right way which really gets under his skin. You can tell that The Miz does not want me here. It's the real reason behind this title match. He knows deep in his own mind that he doesn't deserve this opportunity. He is playing the superhero role for EBWF. He wants everyone on the roster to praise him making him the center of attention. The thought of me losing to him will stroke his ego. Then he will give each of you a speech the following Warfare about how things are falling back into place, and all is right in the world. Each of you have heard it all with him. Last year is over with and in my opinion, I was more successful than The Miz which pisses him off even more. Nothing like a veteran being shown up by a new guy in the company to take away athlete of the year.

He looks around as the crowd cheers and chants his name.

I'm not going to be Roman Reigns and talk about things that don't matter in this industry. Miz might be a husband and father but what does that have to do with our match. Instead, I'm going to tell you that his kids and wife will learn a vulnerability issue. His entire family will see that Miz is not held to a higher standard. He is just another mortal man. His family will hear his struggles and the frustration of a once proud man. I'll admit I used to look up to Miz and considered him a legend but now that I take a moment and consider those words and realize it's a lie. I know the show is about to begin. I want each family in the crowd tonight to enjoy themselves. You are truly blessed to see the incredible talent on display. When the EBWF main event comes around I want to hear your voices. I want this place to vibrate. No matter what happens tonight just know I am nothing without the EBWF universe.

He holds the title high as the scene cuts backstage.