Trouble in Paradise

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Sam L

Trouble in Paradise

Post by Sam L »

The faint outline of a smile formed at Gail's lips as she rummaged through her old wrestling attires. She found herself wandering into the walk-in closet of the home she shared with husband Robert Irvine and quickly got lost in the memories of days gone by, so much so that she failed to even realize Rob had made his way into their bedroom.

Robert Irvine: Hi honey. I'm not interrupting anything, am I?

Immediately she came crashing back down to Earth, snapping her head towards the adjoining master bedroom.

Gail Kim: You're home early.

Robert Irvine: Yeah, I can't stay. I'm needed back at the restaurant in five. What're you up to?

Gail picked out a pair of black, knee-length leather wrestling boots and admired them silently. They were the same pair of boots that carried her through countless matches years prior.

Gail Kim: Just sorting through some of my old gear, seeing what fits and what doesn't.

Rob peered at Gail from the corner of his eye.

Robert Irvine: Oh? Thinking of donating some of it?

She knew she had to come clean. If she was serious about returning to the ring, she had to tell him sooner or later.

Gail Kim: Actually, no. I'm thinking of maybe going back on the road.

Robert Irvine: Oh...

Silence briefly befell the pair.

Robert Irvine: Were you planning on telling me?

Gail Kim: I'm telling you now, aren't I?

Robert Irvine: Yeah, but... it just seems so sudden, that's all.

Rob watched from afar as Gail continued looking through her outfits in silence; her attention completely detatched from him.

Robert Irvine: You remember what they said, don't you? Communication is key.

Gail Kim: I really don't have the time for this right now, Rob.

Grabbing a couple of her old wrestling attires, Gail made her way over towards her king size bed and laid them out across the duvet before returning to the closet.

Robert Irvine: And that's exactly the issue, Gail. You don't have time for me. You don't have time for us. And if you're planning on travelling across the world then-

Gail Kim: I've tried doing it your way, Rob, but it isn't me! I can't be the dutiful wife who sits around all day watching re-runs of The Real Housewives of New Jersey. There's only so many times I can watch Teresa Giudice throw glasses of chardonnay at her sister-in-law before my brain starts pouring out of my ears. There's nothing for me to do here! The girls are grown up, you're always working... I'm beginning to lose my mind.

Robert Irvine: And you think your body can handle being on the road again? All those bumps, always being on the go... you're not exactly getting younger.

That factor had played on her mind. She wasn't exactly spring chicken as far as female wrestlers go.

Gail Kim: I've done it before and I can do it again. I belong in the ring. Just like you belong in the kitchen.

Robert Irvine: You know, I can't help but think you're still punishing me.

Gail Kim: Punishing you for what!?

Again silence filled the room. Deep down Gail knew exactly what her husband was inferring, though neither one of them could bring themselves to say it. Before either one of them could utter another word, an abrupt chime emitted from Robert's phone. He glanced down at the screen before stuffing his phone back into his suit pocket.

Robert Irvine: Listen, they need me back at the restaurant. We'll talk about this more later, okay?

Gail offered a nonchalant shrug of her shoulders and within a matter of seconds Rob was out of the door. Once alone, she glanced down at the wrestling apparel laid out before her, and then towards her phone. She contemplated for a single moment, then picked her phone up, dialling an unfamiliar number with a few gentle taps of her finger before bringing it to her ear.

Gail Kim: Hi, JR? It's Gail. When can I come in?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One week later...

We're immediately met with EBWF interviewer, Michael Cole, standing backstage and readily armed with a microphone before parting his lips to speak.

Michael Cole: Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to Warfare! As you know, my name is Michael Cole and I'm joined by a very special guest who - after making the rounds in all of the online gossip sites this past week - is right here with us here tonight! Please welcome the one and only, Gail Kim!

The camera zoomed out to reveal Gail Kim standing by. She offers Michael a quick hug before taking her place at his side.

Gail Kim: It's nice to finally see you again, Michael! It's been... gosh, how many years now?

Michael Cole: Too many! Welcome to the EBWF!

Gail Kim: Thank you! I'm over the moon to be here.

Michael Cole: Now Gail, EBWF is home to all sorts of women. We've got veterans with well over two decades worth of experience in the business, we've got fresher faces who're looking to make their big break and plenty of people in between. What are your thoughts on EBWF's women's division and who are you most looking forward to clashing with inside the ring?

Gail Kim: Well first of all, let me just say that there's a reason the women's division in EBWF is considered to be one of the best in the world. The women here aren't afraid of showing up and showing out, and that's something I've personally prided myself in throughout my career. As far as who I'd love to get in the ring with... that's a pretty tough question, Michael. Of course Trish and I go way back, and no matter who she's in the ring with, she will always put on one hell of a show. Then there's Nattie who literally has this business running through her veins. Mickie, who I've already had the privilege of wrestling plenty of times in the past. One person I'm especially looking forward to wrestling, however, is Liv Morgan.

Michael Cole: And Liv just so happens to be the woman you're scheduled to face this week.

Gail Kim: It's funny how that happens, isn't it Michael?

The two shared a laugh.

Gail Kim: But yeah, I haven't had the opportunity to wrestle Liv before, or even meet her for that fact, but she's definitely a woman that's been on my radar for a while now. Any time you have a woman who is, not only passionate about the business, but is also willing to learn and improve on herself each and every time she steps into that ring? I think you've got something special on your hands. There are a lot of women who use our sport as a means to an end; a stepping stone to achieve something greater down the road. Liv however? Liv is here because she wants to be here. Because she wants to leave her footprint in the history of this business and put in the necessary work to get there. It just sucks that I'll have to cut her down to size so that I can win.

Michael Cole: You're confident in your chances of winning, I take it?

Gail Kim: Well duh! I wouldn't be standing here if I wasn't! Liv has all of the ingredients to make an incredible wrestler. All she needs is somebody who is smart, beautiful and extremely talented to nudge her in the right direction.

Michael Cole: I could always ask Trish the next time I see her.

Gail delivers a playful punch to Michael's arm, with Michael feigning pain in response.

Gail Kim: Either way, I'm looking forward to going head-to-head with Liv Morgan this week. She's got the drive that's become something of a rarity these days, and I know the second that bell rings? She'll bring everything to the table, just as I will.

With a nod of his head, Michael turns his attention towards the camera.

Michael Cole: Well guys, be sure to catch Gail Kim make her grand return to the ring as she takes on Liv Morgan this Monday on Warfare!

With a click, the camera stops rolling and the pair relax a little.

Michael Cole: Looks like that's a wrap! Thanks for joining me Gail, and again, welcome back.

Gail Kim: Thank you, Michael. I'm looking forward to getting back into the thick of things again. It's like riding a bike as they say!

Michael Cole: How have you been?

Gail Kim: Yeah, not bad. You know how it is.

Michael Cole: And Rob?

Gail paused, seemingly disarmed by the question.

Gail Kim: He's doing good too! We're all doing good. Listen, I better get going. I promised Christy a catch-up as soon as I got here, so... I'll see ya around!

Not even waiting around long enough for Michael to respond, Gail made her hasty departure before disappearing out of view.
Ben M

Re: Trouble in Paradise

Post by Ben M »

Good work Sam - enjoyed reading this! :)