Warfare Results - 01/23/2023

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results - 01/23/2023

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks… it’s time for Warfare! We are live from San Diego, California on the final stop before Last Survivor, and kicking things off we’ve got Christian Cage versus Ricky Starks!

Ricky Starks made his way to the ring first, followed by Christian Cage. The crowd booed as Christian walked down the ramp, but Christian seemed to revel in the negative reaction from the fans. Once both men were in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Starks tackled Christian to the ground, then hit him with a series of punches against the mat. Starks then pulled Christian to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then ran at him going for a corner forearm smash… but Christian moved out of the way, then grabbed Starks and slammed his head off the top turnbuckle! Christian trapped Starks in the corner and hit him with several right hands, before climbing to the top rope. Christian set Starks up for a tornado DDT… but Starks blocked it, then shoved Christian to the outside!

Nigel McGuinness: That was a hard landing for Christian Cage, Mauro… he might have hurt himself!

Starks followed Christian to the outside and threw him into the ringside barrier, then tossed Christian back into the ring. As Starks re-entered the ring he grabbed Christian, setting him up for a suplex, but Christian blocked it, countering with a neckbreaker. He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Starks kicked out! As Christian got to his feet, he dragged Starks towards the corner and after sitting Starks in the corner, he pressed his foot against Starks’ throat!

Mauro Ranallo: Come on, this isn’t right… Christian is using his foot to choke Ricky Starks!

The referee threatened to disqualify Christian and began counting, but Christian removed his foot just before the count of 5. He then pulled Starks to his feet and hit a snapmare, before applying a sleeper hold! Starks was able to fight out of it, and as both men got to their feet they exchanged right hands back and forth. Christian was able to get the upper hand, and after taking Starks down with a clothesline, he climbed to the top rope. Christian signaled for a frog splash, but before he could hit it Starks got to his feet and ran towards the corner, climbing to the second rope and hitting Christian with a superplex!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! What a quick reaction-time there by Ricky Starks!

Starks hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Christian kicked out! Starks pulled Christian to his feet and hit him with some more right hands, then whipped him against the ropes. As Christian ran back towards him, Starks hit a back body drop, then as Christian got back up, Starks went for Roshambo! He set Christian up for it… but Christian countered with a spinebuster! He stomped on Starks several times, then hit a knee drop and pressed his knee against Starks’ throat, trying to choke him once again. The referee pulled Christian off Starks, then checked on Starks. Starks gave the ref a thumbs up to signal that he was okay, but Christian immediately grabbed Starks, pulling him to his feet and hitting the Unprettier! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! Christian Cage gets the victory!

Christian celebrated, then began taunting the crowd as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH TWO

When Warfare returned from the break, Brock Anderson was on his way to the ring for the next match.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back, up next we’ve got Brock Anderson in action as he takes on the devil that is Maxwell Jacob Friedman, MJF!

Nigel McGuinness: Brock Anderson has made an impressive start to his EBWF career with wins over Max Caster and Ricky Starks, but in MJF, he faces his toughest challenge yet!

When Anderson was in the ring, “Better Than You” hit and the crowd booed as MJF headed to the ring. MJF took his time walking down the ramp, and upon entering the ring he immediately began taunting Brock Anderson. The referee ordered MJF to get to his corner, and when MJF did so, the referee called for the bell. As the bell rang, MJF stepped towards Anderson and offered to shake his hand… but Anderson slapped MJF’s hand away then hit him with a series of punches, knocking him back into the corner! MJF fought back by catching Anderson off guard with a thumb to the eye, then grabbed Anderson to another corner where he slammed his head off the turnbuckle before hitting a series of punches and kicks. MJF pulled Anderson out of the corner and went to whip him against the ropes… but Anderson reversed the Irish whip, sending MJF into the ropes before taking him down with an arm drag! As MJF got back to his feet, Anderson whipped him against the ropes once more, this time hitting a back body drop!

Mauro Ranallo: Well Nigel, it seems Brock Anderson is up to the challenge thus far!

Nigel McGuinness: We’re still in the early stages of this match, Mauro… don’t count MJF out just yet!

As MJF got back to his feet, Anderson hit him with a series of chops to the chest, then went for a clothesline… but MJF ducked underneath it, then turned around and slapped Brock Anderson! Anderson looked mad, and as he clenched his fist, MJF quickly stepped backwards and began pleading for mercy. Anderson shook his head, then went to hit MJF with a retaliation slap, but MJF blocked it and grabbed Anderson, hitting a reverse STO into the corner!

Mauro Ranallo: MJF doing his usual trick of cheating to swing the momentum in his factor…

Nigel McGuinness: You call it cheating, Mauro, I call it gamesmanship… he’s getting inside his opponent’s head, it’s what all the best athletes do!

MJF dragged Anderson away from the corner and began stomping on his arm, then applied an armbar. Anderson was able to fight out of it, and as both men got to their feet, MJF went for a clothesline… but Anderson ducked underneath it, then rolled MJF up! The referee counted - 1… 2… MJF kicked out! Both men got to their feet and MJF applied an arm twist, then pulled down on Anderson’s arm, slamming Anderson down onto the mat! Anderson hit the mat shoulder first, and cried out in pain, then began clutching his arm.

Nigel McGuinness: MJF continuing to work the arm here… is he planning to make Brock Anderson submit with the Salt of the Earth?

As Anderson got to his feet, MJF put him in a hammerlock then lifted him up, hitting a back suplex. He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Anderson kicked out! MJF pulled Anderson to his feet and hit a series of punches, then went to whip him into the corner… but Anderson reversed it, sending MJF into the corner. Anderson then ran at MJF, going for a corner clothesline… but MJF moved out of the way at the last second! Anderson’s arm collided with the top turnbuckle, and he cried out in pain as he clutched his arm once again. MJF pulled Anderson away from the corner… then threw him shoulder first into the ring post! MJF then dragged Anderson to the center of the ring, took him down to the mat, and locked in the Salt of the Earth! Anderson was unable to get to the ropes and he tapped out.

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! A valiant effort from Brock Anderson, but it’s MJF that gets the victory.

Nigel McGuinness: He probably made the right call tapping out, Mauro… if MJF had done any more damage to the arm, Brock might not have been cleared to compete in the Last Survivor match this Sunday!

MJF headed to the back as a promo for Last Survivor began to play.

SEGMENT

When we returned to a live shot of the ring, a table had been set up in its center. An EBWF logo emblazoned the cloth draped over it, and a leather bound folder rested at its center. Standing behind the table was Renee Young, a mic in her hand.

Renee Young: All right! Ladies and gentlemen, in just over a week's time not only do we have Last Survivor; we have an historic rematch for the EBWF Women's Championship! At this time, please welcome the challenger, two time EBWF Women's Champion Alexa Bliss!

There was a big pop from the crowd as “Paper Cut” hit and Alexa Bliss walked out from the back with Liv Morgan at her side. She smiled at the cheers and made her way to the ring for the contract signing.

Mauro Ranallo: Alexa Bliss made a shocking return at Christmas Eve of Destruction, and from that night she's had her eye on the EBWF Women's Championship. She's said she plans to become a three time champion at Last Survivor, and tonight her shot at the title becomes official.

Nigel McGuinness: Don't forget that she hasn't had a match since being injured at Fanniversary against Utami Hayashishita. Those injuries must be lingering and you have to wonder if she's really physically ready for a return to action.

Alexa climbed into the ring, stopping only to look to Liv for reassurance. Liv gave her a smile and a fist bump as encouragement. As Liv N Bliss took their place near the table, the camera focused on Renee again.

Renee Young: And now, please welcome the reigning two time EBWF Women's Champion, Tam Nakano!

Another big time pop erupted as “Twilight Dream” hit and the champion emerged from the back. Just a step behind her was Mina Shirakawa in ring gear! Tam smiled brightly but her eyes were locked firmly on Alexa in the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Tam Nakano has been on fire since her return to EBWF last summer. Not only did she improve every facet of her game, but she reclaimed the EBWF Women's Championship at Fanniversary, beating Dr. Britt Baker, DMD.

Nigel McGuinness: She certainly realized her dream of returning to the top of women's wrestling, buy the challenges so far have been fierce. After a physically and emotionally exhausting defense against Arisa Hoshiki at the end of the year, she's about to fight another highly emotionally charged fight with Alexa Bliss. The question for the champion is whether she can control those emotions and take care of business against a highly skilled opponent.

Tam posed on the ring steps, arms outstretched while the lights glinted off the gold around her waist. She then ascended into the ring and locked eyes with her next challenger. Mina stepped up behind the champion and gave her a pat in the shoulder. It was time.

Renee Young: Ladies, in just a few days the two of you’ll be fighting in your first head to head match in over a year. I know I speak for everyone when I say I couldn’t be more excited to see you battle for the EBWF Women’s Championship!

The fans loudly cheered the sentiment while neither competitor looked away from her upcoming opponent.

Renee Young: But first we have to make it official. The contract is here, it’s just waiting for your signatures.

Alexa Bliss stepped forward to cheers, eying Tam warily as she approached the table. We saw that the challenger had a mic in hand, and she held it up to speak.

Alexa Bliss: After the hell I’ve been through the last six months, I’m not letting a chance like this go by. When I saw Tam backstage at Christmas Eve of Destruction, I knew what I wanted. Tam, thanks for offering me my shot! I’m going to make the most of it.

She scooped a pen up off of the table, then stared down at the leather folder for a moment. Alexa flipped it open and then moved to sign it - but Tam spoke up before she could.

Tam Nakano: Alexa, it’s great that you’re back but I need to ask you something. Are you really in a condition to fight me? You suffered a lot of serious injuries in the fall. I’m not out to hurt anyone, but - when this beautiful championship is on the line, I don’t hold anything back. Are you really ready to step up to the challenge right now? Should we wait until you’re more healed?

Alexa glared at Tam as if insulted by the champion’s concern.

Alexa Bliss: Hell yeah I am! I’m not waiting to get my shot, no matter what’s happened to me in the past. It’s good thing you’re not holding back, because I’m not holding back either.

She then put pen to paper, signing her name to the contract. As the fans cheered she spun it around with a look that told Tam it was her move.

Alexa Bliss: At Last Survivor I’m going to get that championship back and make history as a three time EBWF Women’s Champion no matter what.

Tam stepped forward and looked down at the table. For a moment she locked eyes with Alexa again, measuring her opponent’s determination. A moment later she smiled impishly and signed her name to the contract as well. The fans popped again as Tam stood up and looked Alexa in the eyes again.

Tam Nakano: Your determination is impressive, Alexa. I know I’m going to have to go all out to beat you, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do. You’re getting the new and improved Tam full force, full speed. With all the history between us, there’s nothing I can do but fight like hell to take you out at Last Survivor. I’ve beaten you once, and I’ll beat you again to keep inspiring Twilight Dreams as the EBWF Women’s Champion!

At this she removed the belt from around her waist and held it up to remind the world who was champion. Alexa smirked and pointed at the belt to indicate her intention to take the title for herself. Just then a frantic pop erupted from the fans, a buzz mixed with boos. The camera swung to show the entrance ramp where HImeka Arita had come down from the back! While Alexa and Tam turned to see what was going on, Liv and Mina looked each other in the eyes and nodded. Immediately they both exited the ring and went to confront the Dangerous Princess!

Mauro Ranallo: This is getting ridiculous! What business does Queen’s Court have getting involved in this contract signing?!

Nigel McGuinness: Don’t forget that Utami Hayashishita demanded to face Tam for the title instead of Alexa at Last Survivor. She promised that Queen’s Court would do whatever it took to get her the throne she feels is hers by right.

As soon as he said this, there was another loud reaction from the fans and the camera swiveled back to focus on the ring. Just visible behind Alexa and Tam was the Crimson Queen herself, a furious scowl on her face as she stormed the ring! Alexa saw her first and immediately picked up the chair that Renee Young vacated upon Utami’s arrival. Tam noticed the intruder a split second later and charged toward Utami, ready to take out the woman who’d ducked her for weeks! At the same time Alexa swung the chair at Utami, but there was no one home! Instead she hit the champion dead on, causing Tam to crumple to the mat to a loud sympathetic groan from the crowd. While Alexa stared down in horror at what she’d done, Utami cut her down with a lariat! Alexa rolled out of the ring and Tam struggled to pull herself up off the mat while Utami angrily kicked the table over! Just as Liv and Mina noticed what’d happened, Utami reached down and picked up the EBWF Women’s Championship in one hand and a mic in the other.

Utami Hayashishita: Enjoy destroying each other, peasants. Just remember one thing: whoever leaves Last Survivor as champion, the Crimson Queen is coming to take her crown.

Utami held the belt up to resounding boos before she tossed the belt down onto the mat. Before anyone could confront her, she hopped out of the ring and climbed over the ringside barrier. Liv and Mina rushed to the aid of their friends while Himeka took her leave. The last image we had was Utami blowing a kiss to Tam and Alexa while the audience booed.

MATCH THREE

"You Know It's All About the Boom!"

As EBWF returned from commercial, Adam Cole's theme hit and the crowd cheered for him as he took the stage for his usual entrance. He sauntered to the ring before he slid in under the bottom rope and moved to the center of the canvas before throwing his hands in the air as the crowd shouted "Adam Cole Bay Bay!". Cole circled the ring and waited for "Truth Reigns" to hit. Roman Reigns stepped out onto the stage to a mixed reaction from the crowd.

Nigel McGuinness: We're set for a main event!

Mauro Ranallo: Tonight Adam Cole takes on the Head of the Table, Roman Reigns!

Christy Hemme made the introductions as the two men stared each other down.

Mauro Ranallo: You can feel the intensity in the Pechanga Arena tonight!

The bell rang as the match went underway. Roman threw Cole across the ring. He stompped on Cole in the corner. Roman sent Cole to the ropes but Cole richocheted off and hit the sleeper slam. Cole ran towards Roman but Reigns knocked him down with a vicious right hand. He went for the cover but Cole kicked out.

Nigel McGuinness: Adam Cole staying in this thing! Roman looks surprised.

Mauro Ranallo: That was an unreal Supeman Punch! Adam Cole has grit!

Cole stumbled to his feet and Roman went for the another Superman Punch but Cole sidestepped to move out of the way. Cole took Reigns by surprise with a right hand as he sent Roman to the ropes. Suddenly the two were on each other, trading punches until Cole hit an overhead kick. Cole didn't let up. Hitting Roman with another right hand followed by a double leg take down. Roman was backed into the corner and Cole tried to overwhelm him with a barrage of fists, but Roman grabbed him by the head threw him through the ropes to the outside.

Nigel McGuinness: Roman dispatches Adam Cole.

Roman moved to the ropes, but Cole got up onto the ring apron. Roman grabbed Cole around the neck, but Cole landed a high kick to the side of Roman's face. Roman fell over and Cole got him stuck under the bottom rope. He stomped on Roman until Reigns was forced to roll to the outside.

Mauro Ranallo: What's Adam Cole planning here?

Cole hit the ropes and flew over the top rope onto Roman. He struggled to his feet, and helped Roman up by the hair before throwing Roman in the ring. Cole climbed the top rope. Cole went for the flying elbow but Roman moved out of the way. Roman hit him with the Superman Punch! He went for the cover but Cole kicks out!

Nigel McGuinness: What does Roman Reigns have to do?!

Mauro Ranallo: With his sights set on the Royal Rumble, Roman Reigns is having a difficult time solving the Riddle of Adam Cole.

Roman went for the spear but Cole reversed it into a rollup, which sent the crowd into a tizzy.

Nigel McGuinness: Kick Out! Kick Out! The Tribal Chief kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Adam Cole looking frustrated here!

Cole bounced up and hit the ropes again!

Mauro Ranallo: Cole going for the... no! Caught by Reigns!

Nigel McGuinness: Adam Cole caught by Reigns!

Roman locked on the guillotine.

Mauro Ranallo: Cole is trying to fight.

Indeed, Adam Cole was trying to wiggle his way out of the hold, moving his arms to try to manipulate Reign's posture.

Nigel McGuinness: He's fading!

Feeling the end coming, Reigns tightened the hold until Adam Cole finally went out. The referee raised Cole's arm, and it fell immediately. The referee called Reigns off and rang the bell.

Mauro Ranallo: An incredible match, but Roman Reigns has a decisive victory here.

The camera zoomed in on Roman as his hand was being raised in recognition of his win.

Nigel McGuinness: And could this be the scene this coming Sunday night as we crown the Last Survivor?

The fans continued their mixed reaction to Roman Reigns as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote