Your Next King, Bay-Bay

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Your Next King, Bay-Bay

Post by Ben M »

The scene opened backstage at Warfare. Adam Cole was standing in front of the camera, and he began to speak.

Adam Cole: You know, for the longest time, people have been telling me that since I signed for EBWF, I’ve achieved nothing of note, and because of that, my previous accomplishments don’t matter. I’ve got guys like Brock Anderson, who never would have even gotten a look in if it weren’t for his father, telling me that they don’t respect me. Well tonight, all that begins to change. The King of the Ring tournament is a chance for glory, an opportunity to earn not only a crown, but a shot at the EBWF World Championship. In order to win, you have to get through five matches, two of which take place on the same night. It’s not something you can accomplish by getting lucky, you have to work your ass off to be crowned king. So I am going to give this tournament my all, starting with a first round victory over my opponent, The Rock. Now when people tell me I’m not worthy of respect because I’ve never held a championship in EBWF, I can accept that criticism, at much as it stings. But answer me this… if I am to be judged by my successes, or lack thereof in the past few years, what level of respect does The Rock deserve? There was a time when he was the biggest name in all of professional wrestling, but that was over 20 years ago. Literally. In pretty much the entire time that EBWF has existed, wrestling has been a side hobby for Dwayne Johnson, the full time actor. I’m not even sure he’s acting full time any more; I had to search IMDB to find out what movies he’d been in recently. Now Rocky, I am not denying for a second that you have left one hell of a legacy in professional wrestling. But that’s all it is, Rock… a legacy. Right now, you’re a guy who shows up twice a year, King of the Ring and Last Survivor. Even MJF wrestles more than that! So instead of feeling excited or humbled by the fact that I’m stepping in the ring with “The Great One”, all I’m thinking about is how you’re taking someone else’s spot. But mark my words, Rock, you won’t take my spot. Forget about The People’s Elbow, Dwayne… tonight, it’s all about The Boom.