Dethrone the King

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Dethrone the King

Post by Ben M »

The scene opened backstage at the Rogers Arena, where Hook was standing outside of his locker room with his father, Taz. Hook was looking off into the distance, paying no attention to the camera in front of him. Taz was looking at the camera, and he began to speak.

Taz: Tonight, the King of the Ring second round starts. 16 men remain, and one of them is this cold-hearted handsome devil right here, Hook. Just three more wins are needed to be crowned King, and earn a shot at the EBWF World Title. After getting what was arguably the easiest draw Hook could have gotten in the first round... Al freakin’ Snow...

Hook turned to face Taz.

Hook: Wait, you mean that wasn’t Rob Van Dam I beat the other week?

Taz laughed.

Taz: Of course not. Rob Van Dam is a legend... Al Snow isn’t fit to lace his boots.

Hook smirked.

Hook: Whatever. These old timers all look the same to me.

As Hook turned away again, Taz shook his head and continued speaking.

Taz: Tonight, though, Hook faces a much tougher challenge. To advance to the Quarter Finals, he must dethrone last year’s King, Xavier Woods. A former World Champion, and a former Breakout Champion too... a championship he never lost, but instead chose to vacate upon becoming World Champion. Xavier is one hell of a talent, and Hook will need to be at his best to beat him.

At this point, Taz turned away from the camera, instead facing his son.

Taz: So if you’ll forgive me for sounding like an interviewer, Hook, I just have one question for you... are you ready to dethrone King Xavier?

Hook turned to face his father. He nodded.

Hook: You know me, Dad... I’m always ready. The real question is whether Xavier is ready for me. He’s beaten a lot of guys in his career, but he’s never beaten me. And he doesn’t like losing, does he? Look what happened last time he lost, when Miz beat him for the World Title. He took four months off, claiming he’d “lost his smile”.

Hook turned to face the camera.

Hook: Now don’t get me wrong, Xavier, I don’t like losing either. I came to EBWF having never lost a match, and the first match I lost in my entire professional wrestling career was to the most despicable wrestler there is, MJF. In fact, to this day, he’s the only person to have beaten me, and he’s done so twice. The fact that both times I got screwed doesn’t change the fact that he got the better of me, and that eats away at me. But I haven’t walked away from anything. I’ve kept fighting. I will keep fighting, no matter how many setbacks I face. Will you, Xavier? Or are you ready to give up again, the moment things get challenging? Tonight, we’ll find out how strong you are, and you’ll find out why I’ve been making waves in this business since even before I’d wrestled my first match.

Hook was about to re-enter his locker room, but as he grabbed the door handle, another thought seemed to come to mind. He turned back to face the camera and spoke once again.

Hook: Oh, and Christian... don’t think I’ve forgotten what you did after my match, or what you said. Tonight isn’t the time for me to respond to your comments – I’ll be focused on Xavier – but mark my words, I’m coming for you.

With that, Hook and Taz went back into Hook’s locker room, bringing the scene to a close.