Warfare Results 07/17/2023

Ben M

Warfare Results 07/17/2023

Post by Ben M »

SEGMENT

After the opening credits for Warfare, the camera cut to the backstage area, where Renee Young was standing outside Wes Ikeda’s office.

Renee Young: Good evening, EBWF fans! Tonight, we are live from Miami, Florida, and I am about to speak to Wes Ikeda, who I understand has an announcement to make regarding the Gateway Championship.

Renee knocked on Ikeda’s office door, and a few moments later, the door opened… but standing on the other side was Chris Jericho. Renee looked confused, which seemed to amuse Jericho.

Chris Jericho: Expecting someone else?

Renee Young: Well, yeah… no offense.

Jericho laughed.

Chris Jericho: None taken. Wes is a little busy, so he asked me to make the announcement on his behalf. Renee, as you know, the Gateway Championship has been vacant since Edge cashed it in for a World Title shot at Fanniversary last year. We’ve been waiting for the right time to put the title on the line, and thinking about the right way to do it. We thought about having a tournament… but since we just had one for King of the Ring, another tournament seems unnecessary right now. So instead, as a reward for their impressive performances in the King of the Ring tournament, next week it’s going to be the runner up, Brock Anderson, versus the two semi finalists, Christian Cage and Trent. The winner will be crowned the new Gateway Champion.

Renee Young: Wow, that’s exciting!

Chris Jericho: Thank you, Renee… although I’m sure Brock will complain about it. But guess what? I don’t care. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some other matters to attend to…

As Jericho closed the door, Renee turned to face the camera.

Renee Young: Well there you have it folks. Next week on Warfare, it will be a triple threat match between Brock Anderson, Christian Cage and Trent for the vacant Gateway Championship!

The camera cut back to the ring for the opening match.

MATCH ONE

“All About Tha (Boom!)” hit and the crowd cheered as Adam Cole made his way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening, folks, and welcome to Warfare! Tonight, we are live from Miami, Florida, and kicking things off, we’ve got Florida resident Adam Cole in action as he goes one on one with MJF. This match was originally scheduled to take place later in the show, but MJF requested that it open the show instead.

Nigel McGuinness: That’s right, Mauro. He said he wanted to get out of Florida as soon as possible… and I can’t say I blame him, to be honest. They hate him here!

When Adam Cole was in the ring, “Better Than You” hit, and Cole began pacing back and forth as he awaited the arrival of MJF. A minute or so passed, but MJF was nowhere to be seen. Eventually, MJF’s music was cut, and he appeared on the tron.

MJF: How are you doing, Miami?! I bet you're all excited to see the Panama Playboy Adam Cole, huh? I can see all your little signs out there for your fellow Floridian. I mean, sure, Panama City is over 500 miles away, but claim him as your own Miami, because lord knows there are zero relevant wrestlers from Miami, well, still relevant in 2023 anyways, if you smell what the Mensch of the Centch is cookin'. Adam Cole versus Maxwell Jacob Friedman, I mean holy shit, when I saw the card I couldn't stop myself from imagining the possibilities for this match. This could genuinely be one of the greatest matches of my career, hell it could even be one of the greatest matches in the history of this industry. But then I saw that the match was booked to take place in Miami, Florida, and I started to imagine the possible headlines, 'Florida Man high on bath salts eats wrestling prodigy's face,' and to be honest with you Miami, that doesn't sit quite right with me. So after consulting with my lawyer slash Richard's father, I've decided not to grace you with my in-ring presence tonight due to the entire state of Florida being an unsafe work environment, in addition to being the cesspit of the United States of America, and I guess probably Cuba too? So unfortunately, Miami, the prospect of a world class, 8-star Meltzer match that even my dear friend Jim Cornette would approve of will have to wait until EBWF is in a proper state like the most magical place on Earth, New York. HOWEVER, I didn't want to leave all you incel sons of bitches with blue balls, so I've arranged for a replacement to face Adam Cole, and it should really excite you because it's going to be an East coast-West coast classic, enjoy…

“P-P-P-Powerhouse!”

The crowd booed as Powerhouse Hobbs made his way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Oh come on, this isn’t right! Once again, MJF is playing games, and not showing up to work!

Nigel McGuinness: Show some compassion, Mauro! You heard what MJF said… he fears for his safety!

As Hobbs entered the ring, he immediately charged towards Adam Cole, taking him down with a stiff clothesline. The referee abruptly called for the bell as Hobbs stomped on Cole repeatedly. Hobbs then pulled Cole to his feet and threw him into the corner, before hitting him with a series of punches. As Cole tried to fight back with punches of his own, Hobbs hit him with a headbutt, then whipped him across the ring into the opposite corner. Hobbs then charged at Cole, hitting him with an elbow smash! As Cole stumbled out of the corner, Hobbs tried to lift Cole up for a spinebuster, but Cole blocked it, countering with a DDT. Cole then stomped on Hobbs several times, before climbing to the top rope. As Hobbs got to his feet, Cole went for the Panama Sunrise… but Hobbs countered with a back-to-belly piledriver!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! What a counter!

Hobbs hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Cole kicked out! Hobbs pulled Cole to his feet and hit him with some more right hands, then whipped him against the ropes. As Cole ran back towards him, Hobbs hit a big boot, then as Cole got back to his feet, Hobbs set him up for a powerbomb. Cole countered with a back body drop, then as Hobbs got back to his feet, Cole went for a superkick… but Hobbs sidestepped it, before grabbing Cole and hitting him with a powerslam! He hooked the leg once more and the referee counted - 1… 2… again Cole kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Powerhouse Hobbs is dominating here! Adam Cole is in all kinds of trouble!

Mauro Ranallo: Well to be fair to Adam Cole, Nigel, he didn’t really have a chance to prepare for this match… he thought he was facing MJF!

Hobbs pulled Adam Cole to his feet, and once again went for a powerbomb. He lifted Cole up… but Cole countered with a hurricanrana! He hooked both legs, and the referee counted - 1… 2… Hobbs kicked out! As both men got to their feet, Cole whipped Hobbs against the ropes, then hit him with a leg lariat. As Hobbs got back up, Cole hit him with several right hands, followed by an enzuigiri and a backstabber! Cole hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Hobbs kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Adam Cole has swung the momentum in his favor, and now it seems like Powerhouse Hobbs is in trouble!

Nigel McGuinness: You know as well as I do, Mauro… Hobbs won’t go down easily!

As Hobbs got the shoulder up, Cole put him in a crossface, but Hobbs was able to get his foot on the ropes and the referee ordered Cole to break the hold. Cole did so, but then he pulled Hobbs away from the ropes and stomped on him several times. Cole then pulled down his knee pad, signaling for The Boom! Cole ran against the ropes, but as he hit the ropes, Hobbs got to his feet. As Cole ran back towards him, Hobbs hit Cole with a swift kick to the midsection, then lifted Cole up, hitting a powerbomb! Hobbs hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1… 2… Cole kicked out! Hobbs signaled for the spinebuster, then pulled Cole to his feet and whipped him against the ropes. As Cole hit the ropes, he held onto the top rope, then as Hobbs ran towards him, Cole hit a superkick! Hobbs stumbled backwards, but stayed standing, and Cole hit a second superkick, this time taking Hobbs down. As Hobbs sat back up, Cole ran against the ropes and hit The Boom! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! After a hard fought match, Adam Cole gets the victory!

Cole celebrated, then exited the ring and made his way to the back.

SEGMENT

After the match, the show cut to the backstage area where Liv Morgan was seen walking down the hall. After a few more seconds Liv stopped with a puzzled look on her face,she walked closer and then suddenly ran over to the area. The camera followed Liv and it showed an unconscious Alexa Bliss on the ground with blood dripping from a cut on her head and rose petals scattered around her prone body. Liv knelt down beside Alexa and attempted to wake her up by lightly tapping her cheeks on both sides of her face.

Liv Morgan: Lexi come on please wake up, please wake up.

Alexa was still out cold and as Liv started panicking she saw a rose on the ground next to Alexa and picked it up with anger in her eyes.

Liv Morgan: Those dirty rotten-

Liv noticed the cameraman.

Liv Morgan: Go get help.

The cameraman started to back away as Liv wrapped Alexa in a protective hug.

When Warfare came back from commercial, Alexa was on a stretcher being wheeled towards an ambulance with Liv by her side. As they reached the ambulance, Alexa’s eyes fluttered open and Liv spoke to her.

Liv Morgan: It’s gonna be okay Lexi, you’re gonna be okay.

Alexa was loaded into the ambulance and Liv entered with her with her phone in hand. The doors closed and the ambulance drove off.

SEGMENT

"Ladies and gentlemen..."

The crowd booed as Paul Heyman came walking down to the ringside area, microphone in hand. He had a cocky smirk across his features as the crowd rained jeers down on him.

Mauro Ranallo: Safe to say that Paul Heyman is not a hero of Miami, Florida.

Nigel McGuinness: Then the people of Florida are idiots, Mauro! This man keeps bringing in some of the best talent the EBWF has ever seen! Why do people keep denying him?!

Heyman stepped into the center of the ring, his microphone in hand. He leered at the booing crowd for a moment before continuing.

Paul Heyman: Tonight, it is my distinct honor, my unending privilege, to present to you the hottest commodity in EBWF today. At Total Supremacy in San Antonio, Texas, he became the King of the Ring. Not only did he continue his undefeated streak, but he has now earned himself a shot at the EBWF World Championship at Gateway to Glory. A man who hails from my neck of the woods, New York City, and a man who will usher in my THIRD client to become an EBWF World Champion. A man we shall coronate tonight in official capacity - DAMIAN PRIEST!

"Bow" by Zeal & Ardor played as the crowd cheered the arrival of Damian Priest. He briefly put his hands out to his sides as he walked down the ramp, an homage to Scott Hall. He was wearing his usual black leather vest and pants. He got up onto the apron and stepped over the top rope, entering the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: What an interesting contrast in fan reactions. Does it hint at the possibility that Paul Heyman is holding Damian Priest back from being truly popular with the EBWF crowd?

Nigel McGuinness: Holding him back?! Are you mental? Look at what Paul Heyman has done for this man's career! He's on his way to a World Championship match! Not to mention Mauro - he's our KING! And who is that all thanks to?

Mauro Ranallo: I would argue it's thanks to Damian Priest winning his matches.

Paul came back into the ring, complete with a crown, a cape, and a scepter in his hands. Damian looked at him quizzically as Paul tried to reach up and place the crown on his head. Priest simply took the crown out of Paul's hands and looked it over. Paul grabbed his mic and looked up at Priest with a proud smile.

Paul Heyman: Damian Priest, you kept your undefeated streak alive and vanquished everyone in your path to winning the King of the Ring tournament. Not only that, but you will now face the Miz at Gateway to Glory for the EBWF World Championship. But for now, it is time to officially recognize you as King.

Priest cocked an eyebrow as he stared at the ornate crown in his hands. The crowd had a mixed reaction to this dog-and-pony show that Paul Heyman had coordinated on his client's behalf. Priest gestured for Paul's microphone, who handed it to him gladly. Priest smiled and nodded.

Damian Priest: Paul, I cannot tell you how grateful I am to have you in my corner. The opportunities that I've gotten in this company so far are because of you, I just know it. But this...

He held the crown out in front of Paul.

Damian Priest: This ain't me, man.

Priest dropped the crown onto the mat and brought his leg all the way up to shoulder height, then brought it crashing down on the crown, stomping it into a flying mess of debris and jewels. The crowd cheered at this, loving the fact that Paul's ceremony was being ruined by his own guy. Priest kicked the remnants of the crown out of the ring, and then disposed of the cape and the scepter. He then mounted the second turnbuckle and looked out to the crowd.

Damian Priest: Hey yo, let's get one thing straight. Winning King of the Ring is great, but this is just one stop on the train. I ain't done until the EBWF World Championship is around my waist. And Miz, I want you to listen to me and listen real good. Starting today, every time you come out to this ring, every time you have a match, every time you cut a promo, every time you even show up on the damn camera, I'll be watching. I'll be paying real close attention. And it ain't because I want an autograph, bro. It's because every moment of every day from now until Gateway to Glory will be about me focusing on beating you for the EBWF World Championship. I respect everything you've done in EBWF so far, but consider this your final notice - hug that title real tight over the next few weeks, because it's gonna have a new owner soon.

Priest smirked and flipped the mic out to the floor, raising his arms to the crowd as his music played and Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH TWO

As Warfare returned from the final commercial break of the evening, the camera cut to Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness at ringside.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, it’s time for our main event… the Women’s Champion, Tam Nakano, wrestles for the first time since Fallout as she goes one on one with Jamie Hayter!

Jamie Hayter made her way to the ring first, the fan reaction mixed but with more boos than usual as her entrance theme played. Noticeably she wore a purple t-shirt with the Oedo Tai logo over her gear. She wasn't alone either, with her masked ally following behind her. There was an extra air of confidence about the Lord and Savior as she walked down to the ring.

Christy Hemme: The following contest is scheduled for one fall! Coming to the ring, from Southampton, England and representing Oedo Tai, Jamie Hayter!

Nigel McGuinness: Jamie was in the infamous Oedo Tai unit during her time in Japan, and now she's getting the band together here in EBWF. Even with recent setbacks that makes her extra dangerous.

Mauro Ranallo: And we don't know who her partner in crime is either. Between their arrival and the dominant Neo Biishiki-Gun, we're seeing factions form in the women's division for what might be the first time.

Jamie limbered up in her corner as Tam's music hit to a big pop. We saw the champion with her back turned to the camera to show off her new satin jacket; its back featured her magic circle logo with the text 'BELIEVE IN TAM' circling it. She spun around dramatically and smiled for the camera before walking to the ring.

Christy Hemme: And her opponent, from Tokyo, Japan, she is the EBWF Women's Champion, Tam Nakano!

Mauro Ranallo: The champion looking as confident as ever as she heads into her first match since defeating Utami Hayashishita and Arisa Hoshiki at Fallout.

Nigel McGuinness: Tam Nakano has been a dominant force since her return to EBWF one year ago. She has gone undefeated, and is nearing the record for longest championship reign. This is going to be a stiff challenge for Jamie Hayter.

Tam removed her jacket, fully revealing the beautiful championship around her waist. Jamie glared at her across the ring, ready to throw down. In response Tam removed the belt and held it up for the Lord and Savior to behold. Once the belt was handed off at ringside, the bell rang and the fight was on.

Jamie proudly stepped to the center of the ring, a smug grin on her face. She held her left hand up, offering a test of strength. Tam eyed her suspiciously, then nodded and reached up to accept the challenge. The two strained against each other for a moment before Jamie kicked Tam in the gut and threw her back to the mat by her hair! Tam clutched her head in pain as Jamie stomped her several times, then pressed her boot down on the champion's throat.

Boos rang out as the red admonished Jamie and loudly counted to five. At the last moment Jamie released the choke and Tam rolled away, now clutching her throat. Just as Tam got up to a seated position, Jamie stormed in and hit a stiff running knee. She went for the cover and got two! Annoyed, Jamie pulled Tam up and then hit a nasty uranage Backbreaker. Fully in control, she followed up with an exploder suplex to the center of the ring. Again she went for the cover.

1... 2... Tam's shoulder shot up to cheers!

Nigel McGuinness: Jamie Hayter looks hell bent on making short work of the champion tonight!

Mauro Ranallo: She's absolutely dominating Tam Nakano early, but the champion has more resilience than almost anyone. If anyone can fight her way back from this it's the Twilight Dream.

Jamie hammered Tam with forearms to the face and then pulled Tam up to whip her to the ropes. The fans watched with bated breath as she went for a Lariat - no! Tam matrix evaded the move and popped up behind Jamie! She hit a roundhouse kick to Jamie's back, causing the other woman to spin around. Tam then relentlessly hit Jamie with forearms to the chest, driving the Lord and Savior back into a corner. After one more stiff kick to the head, Tam circled to the center of the ring and motioned for the fans to clap and get loud. As they did, Tam vaulted forward and hit a cartwheel elbow strike that sent Jamie crashing down to a seated position. Tam followed up with a Violet Shoot in the corner, then climbed to the top rope.

Jamie rolled to the middle of the ring, but Tam still managed to hit a dramatic moonsault! She hooked the leg and the red counted.

1... 2... Jamie kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Jamie Hayter isn't done yet, but the champion is in high gear! She may be looking to finish this!

Nigel McGuinness: No one has kicked out of the Twilight Dream in EBWF. If Tam can hit it, it's good night for the Lord and Savior of EBWF.

Undeterred, Tam shouted 'FINISH!' and stalked Jamie as she got back to her feet. Chants of 'LET'S GO TAM!' could be heard as she looked for the Twilight Dream. As Jamie staggered backwards, Tam grabbed one hand and then the other. Before she could hit it, though, there was a blue of black and purple. THWACK! Tam was clobbered in the back with a metal sign Jamie's teammate had brought to the ring! The ref immediately called for the bell as the masked woman hit Tam with the sign again!

Jamie barked at the woman to get Tam up. She held the groggy Tam in place as Jamie ran the ropes and hit a big boot. Not done there, Jamie picked out the sign in the center of the ring and told the woman to suplex her onto it. Then the crowd erupted with cheers as Arisa Hoshiki stormed the ring and nailed the masked woman with a superkick to the face! After the woman dropped Tam, Arisa ran the ropes and leveled her with a high knee! She roared with passion, but then turned around right into a Lariat from Jamie! Arisa was turned inside out, and then Jamie picked up the sign.

Mauro Ranallo: This is completely out of hand! Not only are Oedo Tai beating down the champion, but now they're taking it out on Arisa Hoshiki as well.

Nigel McGuinness: At this rate we might not even have a Women's Title match for Gateway to Glory!

Arisa struggled to her knees, only to be sent crashing back to the mat with a sickening CRACK as the sign hit her square in the head. Jamie then dead lifted the Shining Star and German suplexed her onto the sign! Boos rang out as Jamie looked over the wreckage. Her partner returned to the ring, then held the sign up as she posed alongside Jamie. As medical personnel rushed to the ring, Oedo Tai left the ring and headed to the back. The show closed on the shot of the medical personnel checking on Arisa and Tam as the two started to recover from the assault.