Warfare Results - 10/2/2023

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results - 10/2/2023

Post by Ashlee »

SEGMENT

“My Last Breath” by Evanescence played and Christian Cage made his way to the ring while ignoring the boos from the audience.

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks, it's time for Warfare!

Nigel McGuinness: What a way to get things started in Salt Lake City here tonight.

Christian got between the ropes and grabbed a microphone. He began to speak as his music was cut.

Christian Cage: Utah, Utah, Utah! The most forgettable state in the United States and yet one of the most disgusting and scummy.

The crowd showered Christian with boos.

Christian Cage: Now the reason I came here tonight is because I want to address what’s next for Christian Cage here in EBWF.

The crowd chanted “Please retire” and Christian chuckled.

Mauro Ranallo: This crowd certainly doesn't want him around anymore.

Christian Cage: Utah, if I retired right now this company would lose money, so I’m not gonna do that. Now given my legendary status, I think I deserve a title shot. I could go for the Gateway and Breakout Championships, but it seems like Adam Cole’s little open challenge only applies to dweebs who don’t work here. Me and Seth Rollins could go for the Tag Team Titles but it’s hard to do that when the champions are barely around. As far as the World-

Christian was interrupted as “Rebel Heart” by CFO$ played and Johnny Gargano walked out to cheers from the crowd in Utah.

Mauro Ranallo: Johnny Gargano is scheduled to face Damian Priest later but he’s out here now.

Nigel Mcguiness: It looks like he’s not following Christian’s warning from last week.

Gargano entered the ring with a microphone and Christian looked annoyed to see him.

Johnny Gargano: Here we go again, Christian Cage coming out here and complaining about everything. Good lord man don’t you get tired of bitching all the time?

Christian’s nostrils flared as his anger was rising.

Christian Cage: Johnny, this is the second time you’ve disrespected me. When you did it a couple weeks ago I probably should’ve made you regret it, but I decided to give you a free pass. Now you’ve done it again, so it looks like I’m gonna have to teach you a lesson.

Gargano immediately responded.

Johnny Gargano: And I want to shut you up once and for all. So since you want to teach me a lesson, and I want to shut you up how about we have a match and how about we have it at Fanniversary?

The crowd cheered in anticipation.

Christian Cage: You want to face me at Fanniversary, well Johnny I-

Christian went to hit Johnny with the mic but Gargano ducked and went for a superkick, but Christian rolled out of the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Christian tried a cheap shot but Gargano saw it coming. The question is will these two face off at Fanniversary?

“Rebel Heart” played again and Gargano motioned for Christian to get back in the ring but Christian walked to the back as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH ONE

When EBWF returned from commercial the crowd left their seats as the the PA blared through the arena.

"YOU KNOW IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BOOM!"

Maura Ranallo: Adam Cole, baby!

Nigel McGuiness: Oh, give me a break.

Christy Hemme: This match is scheduled for one fall, and it is part of the EBWF Breakout Championship Open Challenge! Introducing first, from Panama City, Florida, weighing in at 210 pounds, ADAM COLE!

Cole got into the ring and turned toward the entrance awaiting his opponent.

Mauro Ranallo: Adam Cole has issued an open challenge and will defend the EBWF Breakout Championship against anyone at anytime. Tonight is one such night, and we are looking forward to seeing who...

"Ten!"

The crowd cheered.

Nigel McGuinness: Could it be?!

Mauro Ranallo: It's The Perfect Ten! The Chairman! Shawn Spears!

Christy Hemme: And his opponent, hailing from Niagara Falls, Ontario, weighing in at 235 pounds, SHAWN SPEARS!

Spears got into the ring and the referee checked both competitors before signaling for the bell to ring. The opening minutes of the match were intense, with both wrestlers trying to establish dominance. Shawn Spears took control early with his size and strength advantage, but Adam Cole used his agility and quickness to evade Spears' attacks. Cole countered a powerbomb attempt from Spears with a well-timed DDT, stunning his opponent. Cole capitalized on the opportunity and climbed the turnbuckle, executing a picture-perfect Panama Sunrise. The crowd erupted as Cole went for the pin.

Shawn Spears kicked out.

Mauro Ranallo: Spears appears frustrated there.

Nigel McGuinness: Adam Cole was just moments from retaining.

Spears came out swinging and unleashed a barrage of strikes and power moves on Cole. Cole fought back with all he had, using his technical wrestling skills to counter Spears' offense. He targeted Spears' left knee, weakening his base. Cole locked in the Figure-Four Leglock, putting tremendous pressure on Spears' injured knee. Spears writhed in pain but refuses to tap out. After a long struggle, Spears reached the ropes and was able to leverage them to shift his weight and pin Cole.

Nigel McGuinness: No! Adam Cole kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Shawn Spears almost won the Breakout Championship in this EBWF debut!

Both wrestlers were visibly fatigued. Adam Cole continued to target Spears' injured knee, while Spears tried to regain his composure. Cole went for the Last Shot, but Spears countered with a roll-up pin attempt.

Mauro Ranallo: Adam Cole kicks out again.

Nigel McGuinness: This crowd is on the edge of their seats!

The two competitors exchanged near falls and submission attempts. Spears teetered on his feet, and Adam Cole hit a superkick followed by another Panama Sunrise, driving Spears into the mat. Cole went for the pin again,

1...2...3!

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! Adam Cole retains the Breakout Championship.

Christy Hemme: Ladies and gentlemen, your winner, AND STILL EBWF Breakout Champion...ADAM COLE!

Adam Cole celebrated his hard-fought victory, while Shawn Spears, although defeated, earned the respect of the fans for his valiant effort. The two competitors share a nod of mutual respect as they exited the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: What a fabulous one off appearance here from Shawn Spears!

Mauro Ranallo: You have to wonder if that young man has a future here in EBWF.

MATCH TWO

When Warfare came back from commercial, Allysin Kay was already in the ring as Arisa Hoshiki's theme hit and the crowd came to their feet as The Shining Star came to the ring. Christy Hemme announced her and she was pumped as she got into the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: The atmosphere in this arena is electric

Nigel McGuinness: These two formidable competitors are ready to give it their all.

The bell rang, signaling the start of the match, and both wrestlers circled each other cautiously. Allysin Kay, known for her power and technical prowess, tried to take control early on, attempting to grapple with Arisa Hoshiki. However, Hoshiki's agility and speed allowed her to evade Kay's initial advances. As the match progressed, it became clear that Hoshiki had a game plan. She used her lightning-fast kicks and acrobatic maneuvers to keep Allysin Kay off balance. Hoshiki's striking ability was on full display as she connected with a series of devastating kicks that left Kay reeling.

Mauro Ranallo: Hoshiki is showing her unparalleled striking ability!

Allysin Kay was resilient and managed to mount a comeback, landing a thunderous powerbomb that sent shockwaves through the audience. But Hoshiki, determined to emerge victorious, refused to stay down. She kicked out at the last possible moment.

Nigel McGuinness: Allysin Kay thought she had her there!

The turning point came when Hoshiki executed a breathtaking springboard dropkick that caught Kay square in the chest. With Kay gasping for breath, Hoshiki capitalized on the opportunity and locked in her signature submission hold, the "Starstruck." The crowd roared as Kay fought desperately to escape, but Hoshiki's grip was unyielding. With every ounce of strength in her, Allysin Kay tried to reach the ropes, but Hoshiki had her trapped in the center of the ring. The pain was becoming too much to take.

Mauro Ranallo: Allysin Kay is about to tap, and...

Suddenly, "Love is Blind" by def rebel filled the arena and the crowd was confused as they turned toward the entrance way. Hoshiki broke the hold, but stayed near to Allysin. Fog filled the entrance ramp.

Nigel McGuinness: Who is this...

Hoshiki turned toward the entrance, and that allowed Kay to get to her feet. The crowd saw the figure that got into the ring before Allysin and Arisa did.

Mauro Ranallo: Wait... do we know her?

Nigel McGuinness: Is that...

The mystery women in the ring lifted her leg to deliver a devastating big boot to Allysin, but Kay hit the mat and the boot was driven into Ariska taking her out. The referee immediately rang the bell but the arena was in chaos.

Nigel McGuinness: That's Ava Johnson!

Mauro Ranallo: She's a fourth generation wrestler! A bonafide future star and she's just taken out Ariska Hoshiki.

Nigel McGuinness: Not on purpose! She was going for Allysin Kay!

Mauro Ranallo: WHO SENT HER?

Nigel McGuinness: My money is on Trish Stratus!

Mauro Ranallo: Don't be ridiculous.

Allysin Kay bailed out of the ring as Ava Johnson stood in the center of the ring, starring her down as she backed up the ring. She looked down at Ariska, seemingly in disbelief as it was clear she'd been meaning to make a statement but not in that way.

Mauro Ranallo: The winner of this match due to interference, Ariska Hoshiki!

Nigel McGuinness: Ava Johnson seems to understand she's punching above her weight class with this mistake.

Mauro Ranallo: But what is she doing here?

Nigel McGuinness: And will we find out next week?

A Fanniversary ad began to play as Ava Johnson left the ring.

SEGMENT

”I am a shadow, I am tomorrow…
I am a hero with a buggy whip…”

“Teenage Nosferatu Pussy” hit the PA system and the lighting changed from normal to shades of orange and red. The reaction from the crowd changed from neutral to increasingly hostile in an instant, because they knew who was about to make her presence known. The entrance curtain opened and it was Jamie Hayter that walked out onto the stage. Without hesitation, she made her way down the entrance ramp.

Christy Hemme: Ladies and gentlemen… Please welcome at this time, JAMIE HAYTER!!!

Mauro Ranallo: Ever since Oedo Tai have made themselves known to the EBWF audience and locker room, they’ve been running roughshod over the company.

Nigel McGuinness: Not only that, but Jamie Hayter has felt reinvigorated. I mean, look at the people that she’s taken out. She’s taken out Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Liv Morgan, Trish Stratus.

Mauro Ranallo: Just last week, the match between Jamie and Sakisama quickly became a brawl.

Nigel McGuinness: If there’s one person that you don’t want get into a brawl with, it’s the woman making her way to the ring right now, Jamie Hayter.

Jamie made it to ringside and climbed up onto the apron. After she entered the ring, Jamie approached Christy and snatched the microphone out of her hand. Christy left the ring and Jamie started to address the audience as “Teenage Nosferatu Pussy” cut out.

Jamie Hayter: Ever since Oedo Tai made it’s name known to the EBWF, we have ruled this company with an iron fist. Legends, future hall of famers, and former champions have all fell to the might of Oedo Tai. Trish Stratus…

The crowd popped a little bit.

Jamie Hayter: Britt Baker…

The crowd popped a little bit more.

Jamie Hayter: Liv Morgan…

The crowd’s reaction intensified a little further.

Jamie Hayter: Alexa Bliss…

The crowd’s cheering grew louder.

Jamie Hayter: Becky Lynch…

The crowd’s reaction just about blew the roof off.

Jamie Hayter: The women I just named all have two things in common. One is that all of those women are either hall of famers or are on the track to become hall of famers. Two, and most importantly, is that none of those women could stand up to the might of Oedo Tai. I wasn’t saying that everyone is a target for Oedo Tai just for shits and giggles. The proof is in the video footage itself.

On the big screen, a video package played, displaying the dominance of Oedo Tai ever since the group made itself known to EBWF. The video package showed all of the women that Jamie named being destroyed by Jamie and Oedo Tai. The camera returned to the live feed of Jamie as she stood in the middle of the ring while the crowd booed her mercilessly.

Jamie Hayter: Being that I destroyed every person in that video, that leaves me without an opponent for Fanniversary. So, right now, I’m issuing an open challenge.

The crowd waited in anticipation until they cheered when "Immortal" by Adema began to play.

Nigel McGuinness: No way.

The crowd's cheers grew louder when The Goddess herself,Alexa Bliss appeared on the stage wearing her new "10 Years of Bliss" shirt and had a microphone in hand and nade her way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: We haven't seen Alexa Bliss since she was taken out by Jamie Hayter at Gateway to Glory.

Alexa had a smirk on her face as she began to speak.

Alexa Bliss: Surprise, bitch.

The crowd cheered at the insult directed at Jamie.

Alexa Bliss: Jamie, I'm sure you thought you took me out permanently at Gateway to Glory. Well, I'm sorry to say but for the second time you failed at that. Now, I've spent the last month waiting to get my hands on you especially after what you did to Liv a couple weeks ago. Originally, I was just gonna jump into that ring and kick your ass all over Salt Lake City.

The crowd cheered at the mention of their city.

Alexa Bliss: But just now when you issued an open challenge for Fanniversary. Well, I simply can't resist the opportunity to not only kick your ass but also embarrass you on EBWF's grandest stage, so I accept the challenge.

Mauro Ranallo: Alexa vs Jamie at Fanniversary? That is huge.

Nigel McGuinness: Yeah, if Alexa wants revenge, that would be the place to get it.

The challenge from Alexa only caused Jamie to laugh. She laughed right into the microphone and patted Alexa on the top her head condescendingly while the crowd booed her.

Jamie Hayter: Okay, who let the oompa loompa out? This is a gag, right?

Jamie walked past Alexa, and looked toward the entrance.

Jamie Hayter: This is the best that this company has to offer? Ikedas, this is the best you can do? If so, then Oedo Tai taking over this company will be easier than I thought. We already have the Women’s Championship, and no one will ever take it from us.

Jamie looked at Alexa.

Jamie Hayter: Just like you won’t beat me.

Alexa Bliss: We'll see, Jamie. We'll see. Remember, I've beaten you once and I can certainly do it again.

Alexa walked closer to Jamie.

Alexa Bliss: And just like you, I know a thing or two about trying to end people's careers. If you don't believe me, then just ask your leader.

Jamie grabbed Alexa by the arm and attempted to pull her into the HAYTERADE, but Alexa ducked and quickly moved behind Jamie. When Jamie turned to face Alexa, Alexa kicked Jamie in the stomach before she dropped the Brit with a DDT as the crowd cheered.

Mauro Ranallo: Down goes Jamie!

Nigel McGuinness: The sneak attack didn’t work this time!

Alexa climbed up onto the top rope.

Mauro Ranallo: We know what’s coming next!

Nigel McGuinness: The Twisted Bliss!

Alexa jumped off of the top turnbuckle in an attempt at the Twisted Bliss. Before Alexa could connect, Jamie rolled out of the way. This caused Alexa to collide with the canvas. Jamie pulled herself up using the ropes. Alexa got up while clutching her chest. Jamie lied in wait. Once Alexa turned to face her, Jamie ran at Alexa full speed, and knocked her down and out with the HAYTERADE.

Mauro Ranallo: A devastating HAYTERADE!

Nigel McGuinness: Just like that, Jamie showed how dangerous she can really be!

Jamie stood over the fallen Alexa with an arm raised as EBWF went to commercial.

MATCH THREE

"Rebel Heart" hit the PA as EBWF returned from commercial and the crowd showed their appreciation for Johnny Gargano as he came to the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: This one is sure to be a thrilling showdown!

Mauro Ranallo: Our very own, Johnny Gargano is set to take on the EBWF World Champion, Damian Priest!

Once Gargano was in the ring the crowd moved to their feet and awaited the arrival of Damian Priest as "To the Hellfire" by Lorna Shore hit. The champion came to the stage and held the EBWF World Championship above his head as the crowd continued their cheers.

Nigel McGuinness: The anticipation was palpable in Salt Lake tonight!

The bell rang, and the match got underway. Johnny Gargano, the perfected mix of technical and cunning, wasted no time in attempting to gain an early advantage. He targeted Damian Priest's legs, trying to ground the taller and more powerful opponent. Gargano's strategy was evident as he expertly applied various submission holds and kept Priest on the defensive. However, Damian Priest, with his impressive agility and striking ability, managed to fight his way back into the match. He unleashed a flurry of kicks and punches that left Gargano dazed.

Mauro Ranallo: You have to admire these two premiere athletes!

As the match reached its climax, Gargano attempted to finish off Priest with his signature move, the "Gargano Escape." He locked in the submission hold, applying pressure on Priest's neck and shoulders. It seemed like Gargano might force the larger opponent to tap out. Damian Priest refused to submit. With sheer determination, he powered out of the hold, leaving Gargano shocked and vulnerable. Seizing the moment, Priest hoisted Gargano onto his shoulders and delivered The Reckoning. The impact was thunderous as Gargano crashed to the mat. Damian Priest went for the pin.

3!

Mauro Ranallo: What a convincing win for Damian Priest.

Nigel McGuinness: Damian Priest showing that he is meant to be EBWF World Champion. What a matchup!

Mauro Ranallo: I can't wait to see what happens as we get closer to Fanniversary!
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote