Arisa Hoshiki: One More Time

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Utami

Arisa Hoshiki: One More Time

Post by Utami »

The entire room was silent after a few different high level superstars had spoken their peace about EBWF 's biggest show of the year. Everyone suddenly stopped writing notes as Arisa Hoshiki steps in. Compared to her opponent, Arisa is dressed down quite a bit. Just an orange letterman jacket over her Shining Star t-shirt and jeans. She waves to the reporters before taking a seat and inviting questions from the media.

REPORTER 1: Arisa, you surprised the entire world by returning from what many believed to be a career ending series of injuries. How does it feel to not just be back in the ring, but to be wrestling on the biggest stage?

Her smile grows as the feelings sweep over her.

ARISA: It's one of the best feelings in the world. When I stepped away from wrestling in 2020 I was in a really bad place mentally and physically. I couldn't even make it to a retirement ceremony. But even then, when everything was dark, I knew deep down that I had to get back in the ring some day. It took two long years of recovery and training, but I finally got myself cleared. And ever since then, it's been like living a dream. Well, early on more of a nightmare with how I acted. I'll make things better there if I can. But otherwise, every time I get to wrestle in this ring in front of all of these fans and the whole world is the greatest joy I could have. I love this sport more than anything in the world. And I love being cheered on by everyone's voices.

REPORTER 2: 2023 has been a tremendous year for you as you've become both Last Survivor and Queen of the Ring. You've also gotten a bit banged up too, so what is it that motivates you to keep going against the toughest competitors in the world?

Arisa nods along with the question, then folds her hands in front of her.

ARISA: It's tough for sure. Every last woman who's under contract here is a top tier athlete. If you slip up at all, any of them can take advantage of the situation and make you pay. Especially women like Trish Stratus! But even when there are setbacks, I pick myself back up and get back to work because I know this is a marathon. One setback isn't going to stop you from reaching your goal if you work hard enough. I know a lot of people are looking up to me and cheering me on, so I work that much harder to keep going no matter what happens. And while I'm very proud of winning both of those crowns this year, there's one more that I need to win. One more goal to finally reach and prove to myself that I'm actually back at my best. And that's the one I'm after tomorrow night.

REPORTER 3: You've faces Tam Nakano for the EBWF Women's Championship twice so far and came up short both times. What do you think it will take to achieve a different result this time?

The challenger considers the question for a moment. When she does respond, her expression has turned dead serious.

ARISA: Tam's always been someone who pushes me to get better and better. It was like that in Japan and it's even more true now. The last two times I fought her, she was at a whole different level than I'd ever seen her. I wasn't my true self the first time, and was still figuring things out the second. Both times I was just a split second away from victory, and that drove me crazy. I kept thinking about what I could do differently and how I could improve myself. I fought back through the whole roster in Queen of the Ring to get one more chance at her, and I've worked hard to fine tune everything about myself. It shows in the results, but Tam's gotten way more vicious and aggressive since Fallout. She's going to do everything she can to cling onto that title. What it's going to take is the most complete performance I've had since I was Wonder of Stardom champion three years ago. And I know deep down I can do it. Even if it means I risk injury, even if she cuts me open again, I'm going to keep getting up because that's what I do. I survive, improve, and fight again.

Her expression turns playful.

ARISA: She has kicks, but they're weak. I have the Pulsar Kick. And I look forward to caving in that idol face of hers to bring an end to this Oedo Tai rampage.

REPORTER 4: What would it mean to you to become EBWF Women's Champion?

ARISA: For the past year I've been dreaming about that championship belt. The first taste I got of it last December, I haven't been able to think about anything else. It's the most prestigious title in women's professional wrestling with a long history of legendary champions. Who wouldn't want to write their name into that kind of history? In this case it's even more special, because the champion has had a record breaking reign. Everyone says she's nearly impossible to beat. But four years ago there was another champ who was on a historic run with a belt with more successful defenses than anyone else. I stepped up to her, took her best offense, and found a way to make my own history. I vacated that belt three years ago. It's been far too long, hasn't it? To become champion here, against the woman who was once my best friend, would be the greatest accomplishment of me career. It would mean that this whole return, all the pain and struggles of the past three years, has been worth it.

She grins as she stands up.

ARISA: She can say anything about me she wants, but I know who I am. I'm not anyone's sidekick, and I'm certainly not stealing someone else's identity like her. At the end of the night, I'm going to be the one shining bright as the new champion. And that's a promise