Warfare Results 01/08/2024

Ben M

Warfare Results 01/08/2024

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks… it’s time for Warfare! Tonight, we are live from Cleveland, Ohio, and kicking things off we've got a tag team extravaganza! The arrogant duo of MJF and Richard Holliday, The Dynastic World Order, are set to face the legendary Rey Mysterio and his son Dominik!"

Nigel McGuinness: This promises to be a clash of styles, Mauro. The Mysterios rely on their speed and aerial prowess, while The DWO brings a more grounded, technical approach to the ring.

Rey and Dominik Mysterio made their way to the ring first, followed by MJF and Richard Holliday. When all four men were in the ring, the referee called for the bell and MJF started off the match against Dominik Mysterio. The two circled each other, tension building in the air. MJF, with his trademark cocky demeanor, taunted Dominik, trying to get into his head. Dominik, however, remained focused and eager to prove himself. MJF took the early advantage, using his technical skills to target Dominik's left arm. He applied a wrist lock, wrenching and torquing the limb. Dominik writhed in pain but managed to counter with a quick arm drag, surprising MJF and the crowd.

Mauro Ranallo: Incredible counter by Dominik Mysterio! He's showing that he's not to be underestimated.

Nigel McGuinness: Absolutely, Mauro. Dominik may be less experienced than MJF in the squared circle, but he’s got heart and resilience.

Rey Mysterio tagged in, and father and son executed a beautiful double team maneuver – a tandem dropkick that sent MJF sprawling to the outside. The crowd erupted in cheers as Rey and Dominik stood tall in the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Rey and Dominik have a rocky history - like most fathers and sons, I suppose - but they’re working well together here!

The match continued with the Mysterios in control, Rey's lightning-fast offense and Dominik's impressive athleticism complementing each other to create a dynamic synergy. However, MJF and Richard Holliday were able to make a comeback by strategically cutting off the ring, isolating Dominik and wearing him down. MJF and Holliday repeatedly targeted Dominik's left arm, executing quick tags to keep themselves fresh while continuing to isolate Dominik from Rey.

Nigel McGuinness: The DWO is systematically dissecting Dominik's arm, and it's only a matter of time before they capitalize on this advantage.

Mauro Ranallo: Don’t count the Mysterios out just yet, Mauro! They're known for their ability to overcome adversity.

After taunting both Dominik and his father, MJF went to apply Salt of the Earth on Dominik… but before he could lock it in, Dominik rolled away and got to his feet, then hit MJF with an enzuigiri! Dominik then crawled towards the corner, finally in Rey. The master of the 619 entered the ring like a whirlwind, taking down both MJF and Holliday with a series of acrobatic moves.

Mauro Ranallo: Rey Mysterio rolling back the years here… and DWO could be in trouble!

Rey set up MJF for the 619, but Holliday intervened, rushing into the ring and attacking Rey. As MJF and Holliday began double-teaming Rey, Dominik climbed to the top rope and hit a diving crossbody, wiping out both members of the DWO! Dominik then grabbed Richard Holliday, throwing him out of the ring before following him to the outside. As Holliday and Dominik fought on the outside, Rey climbed onto the ring apron, readying himself for the Springboard Splash. However, after throwing Dominik into the ringside barrier, Richard Holliday cunningly tripped Rey from the outside, causing him to crash hard onto the apron!

Nigel McGuinness: MJF and Richard Holliday are proving to be a formidable team, Mauro. They're using every trick in the book to secure this victory!

As Dominik struggled to recover on the outside, MJF grabbed Rey Mysterio, setting him up for the Heat Seeker! The impact echoed throughout the arena as Rey's body crumpled to the mat. As MJF hooked both of Rey’s legs, Richard Holliday hit Dominik with a DDT on the outside, making sure he couldn’t intervene. The referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: MJF and Richard Holliday pick up the victory! The DWO proves once again why they consider themselves the cream of the crop!

MJF and Holliday stood tall over the fallen Mysterios, celebrating their victory to the sound of boos as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

When Warfare returned from the commercial break, “All About Tha (Boom!)” hit and the crowd cheered as Adam Cole stepped out onto the stage. Cole was not dressed to wrestle; he was wearing black jeans and an “Adam Cole BayBay” t-shirt. Cole had the Breakout and Gateway Championships over his shoulders, and was smiling to himself as he made his way down the ramp.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back to Warfare! Over the past few months, we’ve gotten used to seeing Adam Cole defending the Breakout Championship week in, week out in a series of open challenges… but as you can see, he’s not scheduled to compete tonight. We understand Cole intends to issue a challenge of his own.

Nigel McGuinness: I think I have a good idea of what the challenge might be, Mauro… I’ll tell you afterwards whether I was right or not.

Mauro Ranallo: Of course you will, Nigel.

As Cole entered the ring, he pointed to himself as the crowd shouted “Boom!” then held up both championships as the crowd yelled “Adam Cole, baybay!” Cole then put the Breakout Championship around his waist, placed the Gateway Championship back on his shoulder, grabbed a microphone and began to speak.

Adam Cole: Well, well, well… look who is still a double champion, bay bay. Since winning both the Breakout and Gateway Championships, I have successfully defended the Breakout Championship 13 times, most recently last week when I defeated Lexis King. But, with all due respect to Lexis King, let’s be honest… he wasn’t my toughest challenge. Let me remind you again of some of the guys I’ve defended the Breakout Championship against. The “best technical wrestler in the world”, Zack Sabre Jr. The 12-time EBWF World Champion, Chris Jericho… and I beat him in Winnipeg, his own back yard. The “Samoan Submission Machine”, Samoa Joe; the “Stone Pitbull”, Tomohiro Ishii; the “King of the Indies”, Matt Cardona… and that’s just the ones I can count on one hand. I mention those five guys because they’re five of the best, and speaking of the best… At Christmas Eve of Destruction, I stepped inside that steel cage with Will Ospreay, the so-called “Billy GOAT”. And what happened? Oh, that's right – I kicked his ass! Will Ospreay couldn't handle the pressure, the intensity, the undeniable fact that I am the better man. Have you noticed he hasn’t been seen since? He hasn’t even tweeted, and we all know how much he loves to be a keyboard warrior normally. Rumor has it he's requested his release, but honestly, who cares? Will who?

The crowd responds with a mixture of cheers and laughter.

Adam Cole: Now if you remember, before Christmas Eve of Destruction, I made a statement. You might even call it a promise. I said that if I defeated Will Ospreay - if I was still the Gateway Champion after that night - that I would be Damian Priest’s next contender for the EBWF World Championship. Well, guess what? I'm still the Gateway Champion, and at Last Survivor, I'm cashing in my title for a shot at the big one!

The crowd erupted into a thunderous roar as they realized the magnitude of the challenge Cole is throwing down.

Adam Cole: Damian Priest, you may be the World Champion, but you're looking at the man who's about to take that title away from you and end your undefeated streak. At Last Survivor, you're in for the fight of your life. And mark my words, boys and girls, I'm walking out of that match as the new EBWF World Champion. Adam Cole, BAY-BAY!

The crowd exploded as Adam Cole dropped the microphone. He held out his arms, soaking in the cheers, then exited the ring and made his way back up the ramp as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

When Warfare returned from the commercial break, the camera cut to Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness at ringside.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Before the commercial break, we heard Adam Cole announce that he will be cashing in the Gateway Championship at Last Survivor, and challenging Damian Priest for the EBWF World Championship… and we understand that match has now been made official!

A match graphic was shown on the screen for Adam Cole versus Damian Priest at Last Survivor.

Nigel McGuinness: What a match that will be, Mauro… and it’s less than three weeks away! At Last Survivor we will also see the men’s and women’s Last Survivor matches, which will determine the next number one contenders for both the EBWF World Championship and the Women’s Championship.

Mauro Ranallo: And speaking of the Women’s Championship… we were expecting to see the new EBWF Women’s Champion, Sakisama, in action next, but we received this footage earlier…

Warfare cut to footage of the dazzling NEO Biishiki-Gun estate. Home of the EBWF Women's World Championship. The first glimpse EBWF fans had of this place since Sakisama gained her last glorious victory in that faithful Christmas Eve. Both Christmas and New Year's Eve might be over, but festivities were still going on in the heart of Paris. And with all celebrations come a period of preparation.

The gardeners worked fast and hard, helping each other to identify the most unique of flowers that had spruced up and melted the cold winter soil. Kitchens ran hot with new recipes, tailors did their best to dress the household in the most elegant regalia, everybody was working hard for the upcoming celebrations.

During this commotion, Dr. Yukio Saint-Laurent was traversing the hallways. The camera followed his search until he finally found Sakisama giving the measurement of her wrist to one of her seamstresses.

Dr. Yukio: Mademoiselle, we got a call from the EBWF management...

Sakisama looked back and gave Dr. Yukio a neutral look as she continued to hold out her wrist.

Sakisama: I hope they don't want me to pull my grand championship celebration to an earlier show. I have told them countless times that you can't rush beauty.

Dr. Yukio: No, Mademoiselle. I am notified that your name is on the card for the next Warfare show in Cleveland. You are booked against Lady Natalya Neidhart.

If Sakisama had opinions about that name, she didn't share them.

Sakisama: I see. Unfortunately for them and... let's say, fortunately for Miss Neidhart, I will not personally step foot into an EBWF ring before I have my grand celebration in the ring. These preparations take a lot of time, Doctor. There are a lot of moving parts here, as you can attest to as well. Not to mention, dearest Arisa still hasn't accepted her role in it yet... so I must also give her some more... personal... attention."

Dr. Yukio: Should I tell them to postpone the match to a different show then, Mademoiselle? Like that last Allysin Kay situation?

Sakisama's lips curled up into a smirk.

Sakisama: No. If they are so sure that Miss Neidhart is up to the task of opposing the might of NEO Biishiki-Gun, then l will not hold them back from testing that hypothesis. However, I am personally a busy woman... and so is our newest member, so that only leaves one person to take my place. Tell Utami that she will make the trip to Cleveland alone and face Natalya in my stead. Only fitting for my humble maid to do her cleaning duties in the ring as well.

Dr. Yukio nodded and left the room to give Utami her new task. After that, the cameras went off and returned to the EBWF live feed as a new match graphic was shown on the screen with Utami replacing Sakisama against Natalya.

MATCH TWO

“Bara Wu Utsukushiku Chiru” hit and the crowd booed as Utami Hayashishita made her way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Well there you have it… Sakisama will host a Women’s Championship celebration next week, but tonight she has sent Utami in her stead. You have to wonder how Natalya feels about that, Nigel… she had an opportunity to defeat the Women’s Champion here tonight, but instead she has to make do with Sakisama’s lackey.

Nigel McGuinness: Utami may not be the leader of NEO Biishiki-Gun, Mauro, but she’s still extremely dangerous, and Natalya is in for a fight as Utami won’t want to disappoint Sakisama.

When Utami was in the ring, “Missile” by Dorothy hit and the crowd cheered as Natalya headed to the ring. Once Natalya was in the ring, the bell rang, and the two competitors circled each other. Utami, with a sinister grin, taunted Natalya, gesturing for her to bring it. Natalya, unfazed, approached cautiously, aware of the power that Utami possessed. The early moments of the match were a display of grappling and technical exchanges. Natalya attempted to gain the upper hand with her proficiency in mat-based wrestling, but each time she tried to put Utami in a submission hold, Utami either countered or powered out of the hold. This seemed to frustrate Natalya, and she gained tactics, going aggressive and hitting Utami with a series of punches. Natalya then managed to hit Utami with a well-executed German suplex… but Utami landed on her feet, then hit Natalya with a thunderous lariat! The crowd gasped at the impact.

Mauro Ranallo: What a devastating Lariat by Utami! She's absolutely relentless.

Nigel McGuinness: Utami is asserting her dominance early on, Mauro. Natalya needs to find an opening.

As the match progressed, Utami displayed her versatility, incorporating a series of brutal strikes - forearm strikes, running knee lifts, and a vicious dropkick that sent Natalya crashing to the mat. Utami's aggression continued as she locked in a sleeper hold, which she transitioned into an inverted facelock takeover, wearing down Natalya. Natalya, however, showed resilience, countering Utami's onslaught with a powerslam, then following up with the Michinoku Driver! Natalya hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Utami kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Natalya is hanging in there, Nigel. She's not one to back down from a fight.

Nigel McGuinness: Absolutely, Nigel. But Utami's power and ruthlessness are proving to be quite the challenge.

As Natalya pulled Utami to her feet, she set her up for a DDT, but Utami blocked it, charging Natalya into the corner. After hitting Natalya with a series of punches, Utami dragged her opponent to the center of the ring and set her up for the BT Bomb, but Natalya countered with a back body drop, then as Utami got back to her feet, Natalya hit her with Nattie By Nature! The impact stunned Utami, and as she fell to the mat, Natalya grabbed her by the legs, locking in the Sharpshooter!

Nigel McGuinness: Natalya has the Sharpshooter locked in! This could be it!

Utami fought desperately to reach the ropes as the crowd erupted in cheers, urging Natalya to keep the pressure on.

Mauro Ranallo: Utami is in real trouble here, Nigel. The pain must be unbearable.

Natalya pulled Utami away from the ropes and increased the pressure on the hold, weakening Utami's resistance. The agony on Utami's face was evident as she had no choice but to submit. The referee called for the bell, declaring Natalya the victor.

Nigel McGuinness: What a match, Mauro! Natalya pulled off an incredible victory against a formidable opponent.

Mauro Ranallo: Utami gave it her all, but in the end, Natalya's technical prowess prevailed! She may not have gotten her shot at the Women’s Champion tonight, but a performance like that at Last Survivor could see her win the Last Survivor match and earn a title opportunity at Fallout!

Natalya celebrated as Warfare cut to a promo package for the Last Survivor pay per view.

SEGMENT

“My Last Breath” hit and the crowd booed as Christian Cage and The Big Show made their way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Christian Cage went to battle against Johnny Gargano in a TLC4 Match at Christmas Eve Of Destruction and thanks to The Big Show he left with the victory.

Nigel McGuinness: Christian got lucky to some extent, but I guarantee that he's still feeling the effects of that match.

The two men entered the ring and Christian got a microphone as his music faded.

Christian Cage: I stand before you tonight a hero. At Christmas Eve Of Destruction I faced Johnny Gargano in a match that was forced upon me and after a valiant performance I defeated Johnny Wrestling and proved that I am the better man.

The crowd booed mercilessly which caused Big Show to yell “shut up” at them.

Mauro Ranallo: Did he really call himself a hero?

Christian Cage: I know people from Ohio aren't very intelligent so it doesn't surprise me that you fat bastards show me no respect. The fact that the most famous wrestlers from this city are The Miz and Johnny Gargano proves that this place is nothing more than the toilet bowl of America.

The boos grew louder as the fans didn't take too kindly to Christian's insults.

Christian Cage: But onto more important things,in a few weeks EBWF is once again on Pay-Per-View and as always to kick off the year EBWF presents Last Survivor. In case you've been living under a rock or are a complete moron which is probably everyone in the audience, at this pay per view there are two over the top rope battle royal type matches named Last Survivor and the winner of the men's match gets a shot at the EBWF World Championship at Fallout. Tonight I am here to announce that me and my friend here, the best giant in the business, will be entering the Last Survivor match.

“Rebel Heart” played and Christian and Big Show turned to the stage as Johnny Gargano showed up with an angry look.

Nigel McGuinness: Gargano is clearly not happy with what went down at Christmas Eve Of Destruction.

Gargano reached the bottom of the ramp when he was suddenly struck in the back of the head.

Mauro Ranallo: What the hell?

The camera turned and showed a small figure wearing a hood over their head and a bandana over their mouth and nose. The figure was holding a lead pipe. Christian and Big Show laughed as they exited the ring and looked down at Gargano who was holding the back of his head.

Mauro Ranallo: This hooded figure may have just concussed Johnny Gargano with that pipe shot.

Christian approached the figure and removed the bandana and hood revealing…

Nigel McGuinness: Nikki Cross!!

The crowd were stunned and Nikki had a maniacal smile on her face as Christian grabbed the mic again.

Christian Cage: I'm always three steps ahead.

Christian dropped the mic and “My Last Breath” played again.

Mauro Ranallo: Nikki Cross is back in EBWF and she has apparently aligned herself with the despicable Christian Cage.

The three looked down at Gargano as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH THREE

When Warfare returned from the final commercial break of the evening, “The Rising” by Def Rebel hit and the crowd booed as Seth “Freakin” Rollins made his way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: It’s time for our main event! Seth Rollins faces the 12-time EBWF World Champion, Chris Jericho, and you have to think both superstars are among the favorites to win the Last Survivor match in three weeks time!

Nigel McGuinness: Rollins will be bitterly disappointed he couldn’t end Damian Priest’s reign as EBWF World Champion at Christmas Eve of Destruction, Mauro, so he’ll be more determined than ever to get back to winning ways here tonight.

When Rollins was in the ring, “Judas” by Fozzy hit and the crowd sang along as Chris Jericho made his way to the ring. As Jericho entered the ring, Rollins glared at him. Jericho maintained eye contact with “The Messiah”, smirking as he did so. The referee called for the bell and the two men locked up, but Jericho quickly broke the lock up, hitting Rollins with a series of punches and knocking him back into the corner before hitting him with repeated knee strikes.

Mauro Ranallo: An aggressive start here by Chris Jericho!

Jericho pulled Rollins out of the corner and whipped him against the ropes, but as Rollins hit the ropes, he grabbed onto the top rope, stopping himself, then rolled out of the ring. Jericho followed Rollins to the outside, where he hit him with some more right hands. Rollins fought back with punches of his own, then grabbed Jericho and slammed his head against the ring post before throwing him back into the ring. As Rollins re-entered the ring, he trapped Jericho in the corner and hit him with a series of kicks. Rollins then sat Jericho on the top rope, setting him up for a superplex… but Jericho countered with a sunset flip powerbomb! He hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1… 2… Rollins kicked out! As both men got to their feet, Jericho went to whip Rollins against the ropes… but Rollins reversed the Irish whip, sending Jericho against the ropes before hitting a dropkick. Rollins stomped on Jericho several times, then put him in a sleeper hold.

Nigel McGuinness: Seth Rollins is trying to choke Jericho out!

Jericho managed to fight out of it, and as both men got to their feet Jericho ran against the ropes, then took Rollins down with a shoulder block. Jericho stomped on Rollins several times, then grabbed him by the legs, going for the Walls of Jericho… but Rollins kicked Jericho away, and as he got to his feet he whipped Jericho against the ropes before hitting a slingblade! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Jericho kicked out! Rollins pulled Jericho to his feet, and the two men began exchanging right hands back and forth. Jericho was able to gain the upper hand, and after hitting Rollins with a series of backhand chops, Jericho whipped Rollins into the corner. Jericho then ran at Rollins, going for a corner clothesline… but Rollins moved out of the corner and grabbed Jericho, hitting a reverse STO into the middle turnbuckle!

Mauro Ranallo: What a move by Seth Rollins! Chris Jericho might be out cold!

Jericho was down on the mat, and Rollins climbed up to the top rope. Rollins then went for a 450 splash… but Jericho got his knees up and blocked it! As Rollins writhed around on the mat in pain, Jericho climbed to the top rope. He waited for Rollins to get to his feet, and when Rollins was up, Jericho hit a diving crossbody! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Rollins kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: We don’t see Jericho go to the top rope often… but that was almost very effective!

It was clear that Jericho and Rollins were tiring, and it took several seconds before both men got to their feet. When they were up, Jericho and Rollins began exchanging right hands back and forth; slowly at first, but as the two men gained momentum, the punches increased in both speed and power. This time, Rollins was able to gain the upper hand, and after clobbering Jericho with a forearm smash, Rollins hit him with a knee strike to the midsection. Jericho fell to the mat, and Rollins went for the Curb Stomp… but Jericho countered with a Codebreaker! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Rollins kicked out just before the 3!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! I can’t believe that wasn’t a 3 count!

Nigel McGuinness: I can’t believe we almost made it through a whole show without you saying “Mamma Mia”, Mauro.

Jericho looked stunned, but he quickly regained composure, then grabbed Rollins by the legs and applied the Walls of Jericho! Rollins cried out in pain, but he was able to get to the ropes and the referee ordered Jericho to break the hold. Jericho did so, then stepped back, allowing Rollins time to get to his feet. Rollins used the ropes to pull himself up, then when he was on his feet, Jericho ran at Rollins, going for a clothesline… but Rollins reacted quickly and pulled down on the ropes, sending Jericho to the outside. Rollins then ran against the ropes, before hitting Jericho with a suicide dive! Rollins threw Jericho back into the ring, then hit the Falcon Arrow. He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Jericho kicked out! As Rollins got to his feet, he stomped on Jericho several times, then pulled Jericho to his feet and set him up for the Turnbuckle Powerbomb… but as he lifted Jericho up, Jericho countered with a hurricanrana pin! Jericho hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1… 2… Rollins kicked out! As both men got to their feet, Rollins went for a superkick, but Jericho sidestepped it, before hitting the Judas Effect! Rollins fell to the mat, and Jericho hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! Chris Jericho gets the victory!

Mauro Ranallo: What a main event that was, Nigel!

The referee called for the bell and raised Jericho’s arm in victory. “Judas” began to play and Jericho celebrated with the crowd as Warfare went off the air.