Warfare Results 01/22/2024

Ben M

Warfare Results 01/22/2024

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks… it’s time for Warfare! Tonight, we are live from Denver, Colorado and we are just six days away from Last Survivor!

Nigel McGuinness: Kicking things off tonight, we’ve got the Cold Hearted Handsome Devil, Hook, in action as he goes one on one with Al Snow… or whoever Al is dressed up as tonight.

Mauro Ranallo: Hook warned Al Snow that he would make it his mission to hurt him if Al shows up dressed as someone else… so it will be interesting to see if Al Snow has taken heed of Hook’s warning.

“The Chairman’s Intent” by Action Bronson hit, and the crowd cheered as Hook made his way to the ring. When Hook was in the ring, he began pacing back and forth as he awaited the arrival of his opponent. “Debonair” by Dope hit, and Hook rolled his eyes as Al Snow stepped out onto the stage.

Mauro Ranallo: Is Al Snow really doing this?

Nigel McGuinness: That isn’t Al Snow, Mauro… it’s RhiSnow!

Snow was wearing a black singlet with RHISNOW written across the front of it in red, and was carrying Head, who was bald with a badly drawn goatee and a kendo stick taped to his side.

Mauro Ranallo: Have you worked out who is accompanying “RhiSnow” to the ring, Nigel?

Nigel McGuinness: Of course, Mauro… it’s Justin Headible!

Mauro Ranallo: Incredible.

Nigel McGuinness: No! Inheadible!

As Snow entered the ring, he placed Head down in the corner and began shouting “Gore! Gore! Gore!” The referee called for the bell, and Snow charged at Hook, going for the Gore… but Hook blocked it, grabbing Snow and hitting him with a gutwrench suplex! As both men got to their feet, Snow went for the Gore once again, but this time Hook sidestepped it, before grabbing Snow and throwing him into the corner. Hook hit Snow with a series of punches, then dragged him out of the corner and hit a fisherman suplex. Hook hooked the leg, and the referee counted - 1… 2… Snow kicked out! As Hook got to his feet, he stomped on Snow several times, then pulled Snow to his feet and set him up for a powerbomb. Snow blocked it, hitting a back body drop, then grabbed Hook, setting him up for the Snow Plow… but as he lifted Hook up, Hook broke free and landed on his feet behind Snow, then locked in Redrum! Snow immediately tapped out, and the referee called for the bell.

Mauro Ranallo: A dominant victory for Hook, and with his recent momentum you have to wonder… could he be one of the favorites heading into the Last Survivor match?

Hook appeared to have little interest in celebrating his victory, and he quickly made his way to the back as a video package played hyping the Last Survivor pay-per-view.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we’ve got former World Champion The Miz in action as he goes one on one with Christian Cage!

“My Last Breath” by Evanescence hit and the crowd booed as Christian made his way to the ring. When Christian was in the ring, “I Came To Play” by Downstait hit, and the fans inside the arena cheered as The Miz stepped out onto the stage.

Nigel McGuinness: The Miz has been on somewhat of a downward spiral since losing the EBWF World Championship, Mauro… he’ll be hoping to return to winning ways here tonight, but Christian has been somewhat of a roll recently and you could argue that Miz goes into this match as the underdog.

As the bell rang, the two men locked up, and Christian took Miz down to the mat, then stomped on him several times. Christian then pulled Miz to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, before setting him up for a suplex… but Miz blocked it, countering with a jawbreaker. As Christian stumbled backwards, Miz grabbed him and whipped him against the ropes… but as Christian hit the ropes, he charged towards Miz, hitting a Spear!

Mauro Ranallo: Great reflexes there by Christian Cage!

Christian hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Miz kicked out! As Christian got to his feet, he grabbed Miz by the legs, going for the Cloverleaf… but Miz kicked Christian away and got to his feet, then grabbed Christian and took him down with a Russian legsweep. As both men got to their feet, Miz whipped Christian into the corner, hitting a corner clothesline! As Christian stumbled out of the corner, Miz took him down with a DDT, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Christian kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: The Miz showing incredible heart here! He's not giving up without a fight.

Nigel McGuinness: Indeed, Mauro. Miz knows what's at stake. He's a former World Champion, and he's not going to let Christian walk all over him.

Miz pulled Christian to his feet and set him up for the Skull Crushing Finale… but Christian blocked it, then hit Miz with a back drop. As Miz sat up, Christian put him in a sleeper hold, but Miz fought out of it, and as both men got to their feet they began exchanging right hands back and forth. Christian was able to gain the upper hand, and after hitting Miz with an implant DDT, he climbed to the top rope, then hit a Frog Splash! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Miz kicked out just before the 3 count! Christian looked frustrated as he got to his feet, and after stomping on Miz several times, he pulled him to his feet and hit the Unprettier. He hooked the leg once more and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! An impressive victory for Christian Cage!

Christian celebrated as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

Mauro Ranallo: Still to come, we’ve got our main event... the first ever Feast or Famine match! But up next, we’ll hear from the Breakout and Gateway Champion, Adam Cole, who we understand is planning to call out the EBWF World Champion, Damian Priest.

Nigel McGuinness: I’m not sure calling out Damian Priest six days before their match at Last Survivor is a good idea, Mauro... but then again, Adam Cole never was the sharpest tool in the shed.

The lights dimmed as "All About Tha (Boom!)" by hit, and the crowd erupted in cheers as Adam Cole walked out, the Breakout and Gateway Championships slung over his shoulders. Cole was dressed in his ring gear, and had an intense look on his face as he made his way down the ramp.

Mauro Ranallo: Adam Cole is here, and he looks focused, Nigel!

Nigel McGuinness: But why is he in his ring gear, Mauro? Is he going to try and bring his World Title match forwards?

Mauro Ranallo: Maybe he’s just bracing himself for a fight, Nigel.

As Cole reached the ring, he climbed onto the ring apron and pointed to himself as the crowd shouted “BOOM!” Cole then entered the ring and crouched down, before standing up straight and holding up his arms as the crowd shouted “ADAM COLE BAY BAY!” Cole grinned, then grabbed a microphone and signaled for his music to be cut. Cole waited for the chants from the crowd to die down, then began to speak.

Adam Cole: Good evening, Denver! Now before I say what I’ve got to say, I’d like to start by issuing an apology to the people of Minneapolis. I missed Warfare last week for personal reasons, but I was able to watch it at home, and I watched with interest, because I was told Damian Priest was going to respond to the challenge I’d issued the week before. But that’s not quite what happened, is it? Instead, Priest had his mouthpiece, Paul Heyman, respond.

The crowd booed at the mention of Paul Heyman.

Adam Cole: My thoughts exactly. I feel like I need to apologize again, not only to the people who attended Warfare live last week, but also to everyone who watched Warfare at home. Because if I had been in Minneapolis last week, you wouldn’t have had to listen to Paul Heyman speak. Instead, you would have got to see me superkick Paul Heyman, and you’d have gotten to watch Paul bounce off the mat like one of his ECW checks.

The crowd laughed and cheered, which made Cole smirk.

Adam Cole: You know, it's funny, Paul. You come out here and run your mouth, acting like you know what's best for Adam Cole. Like you're some sort of fortune teller predicting my demise. But let me tell you something... you may represent the EBWF World Champion, but that doesn't mean you get to dictate my fate. You can mock me and try to make out that I made a dumb mistake, but I knew exactly what I was doing when I cashed in my Gateway Championship. I knew I was setting myself up for a tough assignment, but honestly? I wanted the challenge. I wanted to face the best, and right now, Damian Priest, that's you.

The crowd erupted in cheers, showing their support for Cole's decision.

Adam Cole: Now maybe I’m being overly sensitive, but I’ve gotta say Damian, I’m a little offended that you didn’t have the balls to respond to me directly. Have I not earned your respect? Do you think I’m not worth your time? Or did you just want Paul Heyman to feel like he still matters by allowing him to speak for you? Well I don’t want to hear from Paul tonight, Damian; hell, I don’t even want to look at him. What I do want, however, is for you to come out to this ring and stand face to face with me.

Nigel McGuinness: Face to face? Who is Adam Cole kidding? I’m pretty sure Damian Priest is at least five inches taller than Adam Cole; it will be more like face to chest!

Adam Cole: I want you to stand in this ring, Damian, and look me in the eyes... because when you do, you’ll know that you’re looking into the eyes of the man who will end your undefeated streak; the man who will be the next EBWF World Champion.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN..."

The crowd immediately responded with boos as Paul Heyman walked out on his own, his textbook smarmy grin adorning his features. He had a microphone in his hand, and looked at Adam Cole from the entranceway.

Paul Heyman: This is precious! Adam Cole...

Crowd: BAY-BAY!

Paul scowled and tried to ignore the crowd.

Paul Heyman: The GUY IN THE RING telling you all that he'd kick my head off if he was there last week. How low you've stooped, sir. Resorting to violence with a mere advocate? A non-combatant? You see, this is why I am out here. Your brutish actions indicate that you're not ready for a face-to-face confrontation with my client. THHHEEE REIGNING! DEFENDING! UNDISPUTED! UNDEFEATED! EBWF World Champion! DAMIIEEENN...PRRRIIIEEEESSSST!

The crowd booed Heyman as he stood there, a confident smirk on his face.

Paul Heyman: Trust me sir, you don't want to have a one-on-one with my client. And my client has no desire to talk to you. He would rather--

The crowd cheered as Paul Heyman was immediately interrupted by the sound of “To the Wolves” by Stitched Up Heart. Heyman's eyes widened, his expression frozen as Damian Priest walked out to the entranceway, the EBWF World Championship draped over his shoulder. He looked down at Paul with a sneer and snatched his microphone out of his hand, walking down the ramp by himself. With nothing left to do, Paul awkwardly walked back behind the apron.

Mauro Ranallo: Looks like Paul Heyman stepped in it again!

Nigel McGuinness: He was just trying to save our World Champion some time!

In the ring, Adam Cole grinned as Priest made his way down the ramp. Priest walked up the steps and looked out towards the cheering crowd, a nod of approval from him as he stepped over the top rope and entered the ring, walking directly towards Cole. The height difference was absolutely striking, but Cole didn't back down a single inch.

Nigel McGuinness: Is Damian picking him up from school?

Mauro Ranallo: Oh shut up, Nigel!

Priest and Cole exchanged intense stares, before Priest grinned and brought the microphone up to his mouth.

Damian Priest: Alright, "next EBWF World Champion."

Priest smirked derisively.

Damian Priest: You wanted me? Here I am. Apparently I'm supposed to look into your eyes and see the guy that's gonna pull me from the top of the mountain, but I gotta be honest, here.

Priest looked down at Cole, narrowing his eyes dangerously.

Damian Priest: I ain't seein' it. What I see is the next man up. The next Miz. The next "Messiah". The next guy for me to beat like a drum until he decides it ain't worth it and goes on a darkness retreat. Is that you, Adam? Or are you gonna prove me wrong?

Cole looked up at Priest, maintaining intense eye contact as he responded.

Adam Cole: Damian, if you think I’m anything like The Miz and Seth Rollins, then you’ve already lost. Because those two guys you’ve just mentioned? You and I both know that they’re guys whose best days are behind them. The Miz is a seven-time EBWF World Champion, but he literally just lost to Christian Cage, another has been. Miz has been spending too much time “lighting it up” with Matt Riddle and Michael Cole, and the only reason he hasn’t been “future endeavored” yet is because he’s tight with Wes. As for Seth Rollins, the guy used to be a force to be reckoned with, and these days he’s riding Christian’s coattails. You gave Rollins a title match after you’d already beaten him… that’s like taking a test you already know all the answers to. And before you remind me, I haven’t forgotten that you beat me in the King of the Ring tournament… but look at everything I’ve accomplished since then. I’m a double champion with 14 successful title defenses to my name, and unlike you, I haven’t been cherry picking who I defend these championships against. I’ve taken on every single person who has stepped up - Samoa Joe, Zack Sabre Jr, Chris Jericho, Will Ospreay - and I’ve beaten them all. So if you really don’t see me as anything more than the next guy for you to “beat like a drum”... then you’re even dumber than your advocate, and you better start the drumroll to count down to the end of your title reign.

Damian smirked and nodded, an impressed look on his face.

Damian Priest: That's pretty good. I like it. You know, you might be right. Maybe I have been facing chumps since the King of the Ring tournament. But Miz wasn't a chump until I made him a chump. And Seth was all over my TV until I beat him and he suddenly wasn't. So I'm gonna make something perfectly clear to you. There's nothing that I'm looking forward to more than facing you at Last Survivor. Because that nice little speech you just made? I'm going to make you eat it. And when I beat you, and I WILL beat you, promise me that you'll do better than the last two, and come back to work the next week.

Cole responded with a grin, but there was a look of fury in his eyes.

Adam Cole: You’re not the only guy to give an opponent such a beating they stop showing up to work, Damian. You’re in the ring with the guy who sent Will Ospreay back to Japan, tail between his legs. But whatever happens on Sunday, win or lose… I promise, I’m not going anywhere. I just hope that when I beat you, you’ll come back out here and admit you were wrong. But if that’s too bitter a pill for you to swallow, I’m happy for you to have Paul Heyman admit it on your behalf.

Cole dropped the microphone and held out his hand, offering it to the champion. Priest accepted the handshake, but the tension between both men was palpable as they shook hands. “To the Wolves” hit once more and Priest made his way to the back as Warfare went to the final commercial break of the evening.

MATCH THREE

As Warfare returned from the commercial break, the arena lights were dimmed. Hanging above the ring were three briefcases, and around the ring were several ladders.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back, folks… it’s time for Feast or Famine! This match promises to be an absolute spectacle with three career-changing briefcases hanging above the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: Indeed, Mauro. The stakes are high, and these five women are hungry for success. Let the chaos begin!

Maika made her way to the ring first, followed by Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch, Britt Baker, and finally Natalya. When all five women were in the ring, the bell rang, and chaos immediately ensued as the participants scattered to find ladders. Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch coordinated their efforts, targeting Natalya and Britt Baker right from the start.

Mauro Ranallo: The Rebellious Angels are wasting no time, focusing their attack on Natalya and Britt Baker. Meanwhile, Maika is observing from a distance.

Nigel McGuinness: Smart strategy by Maika, letting the chaos unfold. It's a calculated approach.

The action spilled to the outside as Natalya and Baker fought back against Bliss and Lynch. Natalya, fueled by her disdain for Becky Lynch, hurled her into the steel steps. Meanwhile, Baker dragged Alexa Bliss towards the ramp, and hit Bliss with a suplex, slamming her onto the ramp!

Mauro Ranallo: The intensity in this match is palpable!

Nigel McGuinness: And look at Maika, Mauro… she’s seizing her opportunity to try and grab one of the briefcases!

Maika had a ladder set up in the center of the ring, and as she began climbing the ladder, Natalya re-entered the ring. She dragged Maika down from the ladder, then began hitting her with a series of punches. As Natalya threw Maika out of the ring, Britt Baker entered the ring and went to hit Nattie with a big boot… but Natalya ducked underneath it, then spun around and hit Baker with a discus clothesline! Natalya then began climbing the ladder.

Mauro Ranallo: Natalya is close! This could be her moment!

Nigel McGuinness: But here come Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch! They're not going to let Natalya have it easy.

Bliss and Lynch pulled Natalya down from the ladder, then set her up a double suplex… but before they could hit it, Britt Baker got to her feet and grabbed Alexa Bliss, setting her up for a suplex. As the four women tried to overpower each other, Maika re-entered the ring and went the other side of Natalya, grabbing Becky Lynch. With the three on two advantage, Baker, Natalya and Maika were able to suplex both Bliss and Lynch simultaneously!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! What a move!

Nigel McGuinness: So much for every woman for herself, Mauro!

As Baker, Maika and Natalya got to their feet, Baker hit Maika with a superkick, before taking Natalya down with a DDT. Baker then began her ascent up the ladder, and as she reached the top, she went to grab the briefcase… but before she could unhook it, Maika got to her feet and tipped the ladder over, sending Baker crashing to the mat.

Mauro Ranallo: What a move by Maika! She just changed the entire complexion of this match.

Nigel McGuinness: Maika has no alliances, and she's making it clear that she'll do whatever it takes to win.

As Maika set the ladder back up underneath the briefcase, Natalya got to her feet and grabbed Maika, pulling her away from the ladder. The two women locked eyes with one another, contemplating their next move, when Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss attacked them! Maika and Natalya were able to fight off the Rebellious Angels, with Maika hitting Bliss with the Maika Cutter while Natalya hit Lynch with a Michinoku Driver. Natalya and Maika then exchanged punches, and after overpowering Natalya, Maika lifted her up for Enka Otoshi… but Natalya wriggled free and grabbed Maika from behind, hitting her with a German suplex! Natalya then began to climb the ladder.

Mauro Ranallo: Natalya is going for the briefcase! Can she pull it off?

Nigel McGuinness: Hold on, Mauro! Here comes Britt Baker back into the fray!

Baker climbed up the other side of the ladder and began battling Nattie atop the ladder. Meanwhile, Maika recovered and set up another ladder, making her own ascent.

Mauro Ranallo: Two ladders, three women going for the briefcases! This is chaos!

Nigel McGuinness: Absolutely insane, Mauro. Who's going to secure that briefcase?

Suddenly, Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss got to their feet and grabbed the ladder Maika was climbing. They pushed the ladder over, knocking Maika down. While this was happening, Natalya pushed Britt Baker off the other ladder, then reached up and grabbed the briefcase!

Mauro Ranallo: Natalya has done it! She's secured a briefcase!

Nigel McGuinness: What a battle, Mauro! But the action is far from over. We still have two more briefcases to be claimed.

As Natalya exited the ring and made her way up the ramp, Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch grabbed a ladder each, setting them up beneath the two remaining briefcases. As Bliss and Lynch began to climb, Britt Baker and Maika intervened, with Baker climbing the ladder Bliss was climbing while Maika went up the other ladder after Becky Lynch. As Bliss and Baker exchanged punches, Becky Lynch grabbed Maika and hit a Manhandle Slam off the ladder!

Mauro Ranallo: Oh my god! Becky just took out Maika… but she might have hurt herself in the process!

Nigel McGuinness: Meanwhile, Mauro, I think Alexa Bliss might be in trouble!

The camera cut to Alexa Bliss, who was hanging onto the ladder with one hand. Baker tried to break Alexa’s grasp, but Alexa fought back, using her free arm to hit Baker with a forearm smash. Baker looked momentarily dazed, but she quickly composed herself, grabbing Alexa and slamming her head off the top of the ladder! Alexa fell to the mat, and Baker reached up, unhooking the second briefcase.

Mauro Ranallo: Britt Baker grabs a briefcase! There’s just one briefcase left in play now, but the three women left in the match have got to be hurting.

Nigel McGuinness: That’s true, Mauro… but it also means the odds are stacked against Maika, as she’s got both of the Rebellious Angels to contend with!

As Baker joined Natalya on the ramp, the camera cut to Becky Lynch, who was on her feet. Becky looked up at the third and final briefcase, then looked across at Alexa Bliss, who had been busted open after having her head smashed off the ladder. Showing her loyalty, Lynch went to check on her friend, momentarily forgetting the briefcase. As Becky tended to Alexa, Maika got to her feet. As Maika moved towards the ladder, Alexa saw her do so, and warned Becky. Becky helped Alexa to her feet, then the two women moved towards Maika, blocking her path towards the ladder.

Mauro Ranallo: If Maika wants to climb that ladder, she’s going to have to get through Alexa and Becky!

Maika smiled, and beckoned Bliss and Lynch towards her, telling them to bring it. Bliss and Lynch did so, and after pummeling Maika with a series of punches, they whipped her against the ropes… but as Maika ran back towards them, she knocking both of her opponents down with a double clothesline! Maika then hit Bliss with Sakura, before hitting Lynch with Enka Otoshi! With her path clear, Maika began climbing the ladder.

Mauro Ranallo: Maika is at the top! She's reaching for the last briefcase!

Nigel McGuinness: What an incredible display of strength and determination from Maika!

Maika unhooked the third briefcase and clutched it tightly. The bell rang, signaling the end of the match.

Mauro Ranallo: Maika did it! She's secured the third briefcase!

Nigel McGuinness: What a performance by all these women! The "Feast or Famine" ladder match delivered in spades tonight.

Mauro Ranallo: And now it’s time to find out what’s in store for Natalya, Britt Baker and Maika at Last Survivor…

As Maika walked up the ramp towards Natalya and Baker, Renee Young walked out, joining the three of them on the stage.

Renee Young: Natalya, Britt and Maika… congratulations! I must now ask the three of you to open your briefcases in the order you retrieved them. Natalya, that means you will open your briefcase first.

The camera zoomed in on Natalya as she opened the briefcase. Inside was a piece of paper with the number 20 on it.

Renee Young: Congratulations, Natalya… you will enter the Last Survivor match this Sunday in the number 20 spot, making you the final entrant! Britt, Maika, that means one of you will challenge Sakisama for the Women’s Championship, and the other one of you will unfortunately have to enter the Last Survivor match at number 1. Britt, please open your briefcase to reveal your fate.

Baker opened her briefcase, and was visibly disappointed as she looked inside. She pulled out a piece of paper with a number 1 on it, then turned to look at Maika, who was understandably excited as she realized what that meant for her. Maika opened her briefcase, pulling out a contract for a Women’s Championship match!

Renee Young: Congratulations, Maika… you will challenge Sakisama for the EBWF Women’s Championship this Sunday! Commiserations, Britt… I know entering the Last Survivor match first probably isn’t what you wanted, but men and women have won from that spot before, and if you are able to do the same, you will take on either Sakisama or Maika at Fallout in March.

Renee handed the microphone to Britt Baker, giving her the chance to respond.

Britt Baker: It is what it is, Renee… and I’m sure as my all on Sunday. Natalya, I’ll see you at Last Survivor… and Maika, maybe I’ll see you at Fallout.

Baker handed the microphone back to Renee, and made her exit. Natalya and Renee followed her through the curtain, leaving Maika to have her moment.

Mauro Ranallo: An unforgettable night, folks! These women put it all on the line, and now, they hold the keys to their respective destinies at Last Survivor!

Nigel McGuinness: Indeed, Mauro. The landscape of the women's division has just been altered, and we can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Mauro Ranallo: Be sure to join us on Sunday, folks… we’ll see you then!