The Lightbringer 006: Fallout

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Becky Lynch

The Lightbringer 006: Fallout

Post by Becky Lynch »

Date: April 21, 2024
Time: 8:30AM

It is half-past eight in the morning on the Sunday of Fallout and the number one contender for the EBWF Women’s Championship - Becky Lynch - is seated at a table with her breakfast that consists of quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, sunny side up eggs, and fresh vegetables. She sits at her table and eats while waiting for her two best friends in the entire world, Alexa and Liv, to show up.

“Hey, Becky.” Alexa calls out as she and Liv approach the table that Becky is seated at.

“Tonight’s the big night for ya, Becks.” Liv says, matter of factly, as she and Alexa sit at the table with Becky. “Are ya ready to become the Women’s Champion?”

Becky smiles at Alexa and Liv while nodding her head. She won’t show it, but deep within the recesses of Becky’s mind, there is a slimmer of doubt. However, on the surface, everything is fine.

“Oh yeah. I’m more than ready to become the champion.” Becky says, trying to convince her best friends. Becky looks at Alexa and says, “You’ve held the EBWF Women’s Championship a few times in the past, and tonight will be my night. Tonight is going to be the night that I can finally call myself the EBWF Women’s Champion.”

“That’s right, Becky.” Alexa smiles and nods. “Tonight’s your night to finally get what you’ve been after for the last four years, the EBWF Women’s Championship, and damn it, you’re gonna do it.”

Becky eats some of her breakfast bowl and gulps down some of her coffee before giving her two best friends a smile while they also eat their respective breakfasts. Meanwhile, Becky is thinking, “Yeah, I wish I could be as sure as the both of you, but for some reason I’m not.”

While the Rebellious Angels continue eating their breakfast, Becky can’t help but think about her upcoming match and she wonders if she can win the Women’s Championship that has eluded her for one reason or another for the last four years.
==========
Date: April 21, 2024
Time: 9:45AM

After eating such a hearty meal, Becky’s mind hasn’t been put at ease. She thinks that getting a post breakfast workout will help her. As she walks into the local gym, Becky scans the area with her eyes, trying to plan her workout regimen for the morning.

“Hmm… Maybe the treadmill could be a good starting point.” Becky thinks to herself as she heads in the direction of the treadmills. On her way to the treadmill section, Becky is approached by two intense, powerful women. Both of these women stand at five-feet-eight-inches tall.

“Jamie Hayter and Rhea Ripley…” Becky begins with a smirk. “Are ya both lookin’ fer another fight?” Becky asks as she gets into a fisticuffs stance.

Jamie and Rhea look at each other and smirk before they turn their attention back to Becky. “As much as Rhea and I would love to fight you right now, we aren’t here for that. You see, we have some form of honor.” Jamie says as Becky gives her a quizzical look.

“Jamie’s right.” Rhea chimes in as Becky looks at her. “We’re not here to fight you right now. While you are high on the list of Oedo Tai’s targets, we actually came to see you for a different reason.”

Becky still has the quizzical look on her face. Obviously, she is very suspicious of these two powerful women. “What reason did ya have to approach me if yer not lookin’ fer a fight?”

“Well…” Jamie begins. “We came to you, because we know that you’re in one of the biggest matches tonight.”

“So, what’s your point?” Becky asks as she crosses her arms, starting to feel a bit annoyed that she isn’t on a treadmill right now.

“Our point is…” Rhea begins. “We want you to win the EBWF Women’s Championship. We want the belt off of Sakisama.”

“Rhea’s right.” Jamie says in a matter of fact tone. “We know how hard you’ve worked for the last four years to get to this point, to finally be in a one on one match for the Women’s Championship at Fallout.”

“Despite the differences between you and us, Jamie and I can definitely respect the hard work and dedication that you put into this. That’s why we want you to win the Women’s Championship.” Rhea says with a nod.

“Whether the both of ya mean it or not, I appreciate it. I really do.” Becky says as she uncrosses her arms. “However, I won’t be able to win if I don’t work out.”

Jamie and Rhea look at each other, then back to Becky, and step to the side in order to allow her access to the treadmills so she can begin her workout.
==========
Date: April 21, 2023.
Time: 4:00PM.

Becky Lynch is now in her locker room and getting ready for the biggest match of her life. The match one that most women never even get to see, and that is a one on one match for the Women’s Championship at the biggest pay per view of the year. After putting on such a brave face all day, Becky lets her true feelings out. She is very much worried about the match. Winter appears before Becky out of nowhere. Upon seeing Winter, Becky immediately hugs her.

“Is something wrong, Rebecca?” Winter asks.

Becky nods her head, “Yeah, Kat. There’s something wrong. I’m just a few hours away from the biggest match of my career, a Women’s Championship match on the biggest stage of this company and I’m worried.”

“What do you have worry about? You’ll go out there and you’re going to finally do what you set out to do when you re-signed with EBWF four years ago. You’re finally going to become the Women’s Champion.” Winter says with a soft smile.

“Ever since I re-signed with EBWF back in January of 2020, I’ve always been in pursuit of the Women’s Championship. For one reason or another, the belt that I have been wanting to hold for so long has always eluded me. I missed out on a title match at the [Name Redacted] PPV. Instead, I was the Iron Woman of the Last Survivor match. I would have won had this company not decided that a woman that’s more plastic than flesh should win instead.”

Becky shakes her head before continuing. “Then I beat the then-Women’s Champion, Shayna Baszler, and that’s when I started lobbying to be added to the Women’s title match at [Name Redacted]. My repeated attempts to be added to the Women’s Championship match between Trish Stratus and Shayna Baszler were denied. While I was told that this was due to the fact that they only wanted a one on one match, I always knew deep down that Trish had politicked me out of a title match.”

Winter places her hand on Becky’s shoulder while Becky continues. “I kept lobbyin’ fer a title match and sayin’ anythin’ to get under Trish’s skin. I jumped through the hoop that was the Queen of the Ring tournament. I finally got my title match. My first title match, and I had the match won but “Grandma Gas,” as Jamie eloquently called her, interfered and cost me the title. After that, I kept demanding a rematch because I considered that title mine.”

A sour look adorns the face of Becky. “My second title match came at this very event three years ago, although it was under a different name. I was added to the Women’s Championship match after I beat the then-champion, Tam Nakano. I pinned Tam Nakano first, but the corrupt referee called it in Raquel’s favor.”

“I know that I said that it was me that did that, but it wasn’t. It was Raquel’s account. I only said that because I knew it would gain more sympathy for you.” Winter says with a nod.

“That’s two title matches that saw me get screwed over. So, I took the belt after the match because it was mine anyway. I was forced to give the belt to the person that stole it from me. Furthermore, I was forced to do the Queen of the Ring tournament again. It ended up being a repeat of the 2020 tournament in that I became one of a very select few that ended up winning the Queen of the Ring tournament two years in a row. With this win, I solidified my spot as the number one contender for the EBWF Women’s Championship. My title match had to be put on hold because of the legal issues I was going through.”

“Then, you finally got your title match.” Winter says, knowing full well what came next, although not proud of it.

Becky gives Winter a look. “Raquel and I faced each other in a brutal, vicious Hell in a Cell “I Quit” match. I threw Raquel off of the roof of the cell right through an announce table below, and Raquel refused to quit. I was sent through a roof panel of the cell and violently crashed through the ring. I refused to quit even after such a hellacious fall through the roof and the ring. Raquel locked me into the Lasso From El Paso. I ended up losing but not because I quit. You quit on my behalf.”

“That wasn’t a very proud moment for me. I was told, ‘hey either the both of you turn Heel or you turn Heel.’ So, I bit the bullet for you as you already know. I did it because I didn’t want you to say ‘I Quit.’ I was doing that to protect you.” Winter says as she hugs Becky again.

“The worst part of that is that I wouldn’t be in a title match until now, over two years later. I outlasted nineteen other women in order to win the Last Survivor match and I’m in a Women’s Championship match at Fallout. You know how serious I’ve been takin’ this, Kat.” Becky says.

Winter nods. “Yes, I do, my dear. “

“Since her win at Last Survivor…” Becky begins. “I have been trainin’ my arse off for this championship match against Sakisama. I’ve even cleared my schedule for the time to train. I cleared my schedule for my match at Fallout tonight against Sakisama. I also cleared my schedule for a possible title run. The question is, though, will I finally be able to do what I have wanted to do for the last four years? Will I finally become the EBWF Women’s Champion?”

“What question is that, Rebecca?” Winter asks as she hugs Becky tighter. “Of course, you will. You have everything going for you.”

Becky tightens the hug. “The problem is that I’m facin’ someone that has always had my number. Sakisama has always had my number, and I’m worried that will continue tonight. I’m worried that I won’t leave as the Women’s Champion. I’ve wrestled all over the world for the better part of twenty one plus years. I’ve held championships everywhere I went. I’m one of the most decorated women in professional wrestling history. I’m a Hall of Famer everywhere I go. On top of that, I’m a leading lady in Hollywood. I’ve won awards for my acting.”

Winter nods her head in the affirmative. “I know, Rebecca. I know.”

Becky continues. “I’ve done just about everything that there is to do here in the EBWF. I’m a two time Queen of the Ring, and one of the very few people that did it back to back years. I won the Last Survivor match. All I need to do is win the Women’s Championship, and I can finally feel whole. I need to win the Women’s title because then I can finally end my full-time wrestling career with my head held high.”

“I understand, Rebecca. The fact that you haven’t been able to win the Women’s Championship here is like a basketball sized tumor in the pit of your stomach.” Winter says.

“It feels like my time here isn’t done until I finally become the Women’s Champion. I need to beat Sakisama, Winter. I need to become the Women’s Champion more than you could ever imagine. I’ve held gold in every company I’ve been in over the last twenty one years, and I just need to be the Women’s Champion in this company. I need it.” Becky says with her voice almost stammering.

“With everything you’ve been through in this company, you are definitely overdue for a title reign.”

“I’ve been through the ringer with this company. I’ve been told numerous times ‘No, you can’t be champion’ or ‘You’ll never be champion.’ I’ve had to jump through so many hoops throughout the last four years. I went through all of the hoops that I had to jump through. I just need to become Women’s Champion in order to put an exclamation point on my legendary career. That’s all I need. Then I can feel like I can move on.”

Winter sighs. “Rebecca, focus. Don’t worry about yesterday or yesteryear or tomorrow or next month or next year or ten years from now. You need to focus on tonight and the fact that you’re fighting for the Women’s Championship. It’s true that your previous outings to claim the title as your own didn’t go the way that you wanted them to, but those are in the past. This is the here and now. It’s Fallout day and you’re in the biggest match of your life in a few hours. Don’t let the past cloud your judgement, Rebecca.”

Becky nods her head. “I know, Kat. If I let my previous outings cloud my judgement, it’d be my first mistake.”

“Plus, every failure is just a stepping stone. As Nietzsche put it: ‘You must be read to burn yourself in your own flame, because how could you rise from the ashes if you hadn’t become ashes in the first place?’ You’ve burned yourself in your own flame a few times, but now, you’re ready to rise and soar like the mighty Phoenix. You will go out there. You will introduce Sakisama to the Straight Fireball, and you will walk back here as the new Women’s Champion.”

Becky smiles and hugs Winter tightly. “Thanks, Kat. Ya always know what to say.”
Daffney: 1975-2021
Becky Achievements: Queen of the Ring (2020, 2021), Women's Last Survivor (2024), EBWF Women's Champion (1-Time;Current), Best Actress (2021, 2022, 2023), Most Violent Scene in a Film (2021, 2022, 2023), Best Villain in a Film (2021, 2022), Best Antihero in a Film (2021, 2022, 2023), Best Hero in a Film (2021, 2022, 2023)
Allysin Kay Achievements: Queen of the Ring (2022)