Four matches from greatness

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Four matches from greatness

Post by Ben M »

The scene opened backstage at Warfare, just minutes before Warfare was due to go live on air. Hook was making his way through the arena, heading towards the ring, when he was stopped by Renee Young and a cameraman. Renee and Hook exchanged a few brief words, then Renee turned to the camera and began to speak.

Renee Young: Good evening, EBWF fans! I'm here with Hook, who is moments away from his first-round match against Stone Cold Steve Austin in the King of the Ring tournament. Hook, you've entered this tournament twice before and faced controversial eliminations both times. What's your mindset heading into your match tonight?

Hook shifted his gaze to the camera, his eyes burning with determination. He paused for a moment, contemplating his response, then began to speak.

Hook: Honestly, Renee, there’s a lot going through my head right now. Like you said, I've been in this tournament twice before, and both times, I got screwed. First, MJF and his Dynasty goons got me counted out in 2022, and then last year, Christian Cage made sure I got disqualified. So this year, more than anything, I’m determined to make sure that there will be no controversy, no interference. This year, I want to win or lose on my own terms.

Renee Young: And what are your thoughts on your opponent, Stone Cold Steve Austin; a man you stood toe to toe with in the Last Survivor match back in January?

Hook: I have a lot of respect for Stone Cold Steve Austin. It wasn’t that long ago people were accusing him of collecting a paycheck he didn’t deserve, both fans and his fellow wrestlers were telling him to retire, but in recent months, he has shown everyone that he’s still got what it takes to compete at the highest level. Austin's performance in the Last Survivor match was nothing short of legendary… no one predicted he’d make it as far as he did. But tonight, none of that matters. Stone Cold, you're a legend, no doubt about it. But when that bell rings, all that respect I have for you goes out the window. I won’t be looking at you as one of the guys I admired growing up… I’ll be looking at you as an obstacle I need to overcome. This King of the Ring tournament means I’m four matches away from greatness, and you’re the first roadblock on my path to glory.

Renee Young: Can you tell us a little about your strategy going into this match?

Hook clenched his fists, the determination in his eyes growing even stronger. He knew what it took to win, and he was ready to lay it all on the line.

Hook: My strategy is simple… outlast, outfight, and outsmart. Austin, you showed everyone that you've still got it, but tonight, you're standing in the way of my future. I've learned from my past mistakes, and I'm not going to let anyone or anything stop me this time. When that bell rings, I'm coming at you with everything I've got. And when it's all said and done, I'm moving on to the next round, one step closer to becoming King of the Ring and earning that shot at the EBWF World Championship.

With that, Hook walked off, leaving Renee and the cameraman behind. As he headed towards the curtain, his mind was focused solely on the task ahead. This was his moment, his opportunity to prove that he was destined for something special. He knew that getting through the first round, let alone getting all the way to the final, would be long and hard, but he was ready to fight for every inch.

As Hook’s music hit, he walked through the curtain and stepped out onto the stage of the Allstate Arena. The roar of the Chicago crowd filled his ears. He took a deep breath, feeling the adrenaline surge through his veins. This was it. Four matches from greatness, and it all started with Stone Cold Steve Austin. Tonight, respect would be put aside, and Hook would do whatever it took to win. He made his way down to the ring, ready for the battle of a lifetime.