Summerslam Results - 08/31/2014

Cory

Summerslam Results - 08/31/2014

Post by Cory »

SEGMENT

After a promotional package to introduce the show, fireworks exploded at the top of the ramp to kick of Summerslam and the camera panned around The Pit, showing how excited the 15,000 or so fans in attendance were. The camera then cut to Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler at ringside.

Jim Ross: Good evening, and welcome to SummerSlam 2014! I'm Jim Ross, joined by my good friend and broadcast colleague, Jerry "The King" Lawler!

Jerry Lawler: What a night this is going to be, JR!

Jim Ross: Indeed it is, King! Tonight, two months after Randy Orton became a two-time King of the Ring, The Viper will take on John Cena in a Three Stages of Hell match for the EBWF World Title!

Jerry Lawler: That could be a match of the year candidate, JR!

Jim Ross: I know, King! We'll also see the Queen of the Ring, Brie Bella, challenge Michelle McCool for the Women's Title, and the Intercontinental Champion Syxx defends the gold against the number one contender, Sami Zayn!

Jerry Lawler: We'll also see an EBWF debut, as CJ Parker takes on Mr. Kennedy! That match is up next!

Suddenly, the arena lights went dark and the infamous five second countdown appeared on the tron. As the clock hit zero, a series of flashing lights in the shape of a jacket appeared at the top of the stage. The arena lights came back up, revealing the interim CEO, Chris Jericho.

Jim Ross: Not so fast, King! It looks like we're going to start things off with an appeared from our interim CEO, Chris Jericho!

Jerry Lawler: And he's wearing that light-up jacket! I can't remember the last time we saw that, JR! Maybe Y2J wants to party!

Jericho appeared to be dressed for summer, as in addition to his light-up jacket he was wearing a pair of sunglasses and a pair of denim shorts. Underneath Jericho's jacket was a Fozzy "Do You Wanna Start A War?" t-shirt. Jericho was all smiles as he made his way down the ramp, and upon entering the ring, Jericho's music was cut and the interim CEO began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Welcome to the official EBWF summer party... Summerslam! Are you excited, Albuquerque?

The crowd cheered to show that they were.

Chris Jericho: Summerslam is one of my favourite nights of the year, so of course I'm excited. I can't wait for our main event, Randy Orton versus John Cena... what a thrilling match that will be! And speaking of thrilling, there is a very special guest backstage tonight... does anyone in The Pit want to see a Thrillseekers reunion?

The crowd cheered once more.

Chris Jericho: That's what I thought! Lance Storm, come on out here! I know you don't like the spotlight, but the least you can do is say a few words!

The light dimmed slowly but instead of any sighting of the other half of the Thrillseekers, a massive pile of dirt fell from the rafters and into the ring like a cascade, coating the Interim CEO!

Jim Ross: FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD! WHAT WAS THAT!!!!!

Jericho removed his sunglasses and his jacket, both of which were covered in dirt. He did not look pleased.

Chris Jericho: What the hell was that?! Whoever that was, you ruined my jacket! Whoever did this, get your ass out here and explain yourself, now!

A man dressed in white hooded trenchcoat with red details on it slowly made his way through the curtain, standing on top of the ramp with a microphone on his hand while Jericho dusted the dirt off his clothes, his eyes fixed on the ramp.

Jim Ross: Jericho doesn't look happy at all!

Jerry Lawler: Of course he doesn't, this bozo ruined the reunion of the ThrillSeekers!

Chris Jericho: Alright, assclown, that's a start. Welcome to the show... how about you show yourself? Or better yet, why don't you come on down here and face me like a man!

???: I would gladly do so Mr. Interim CEO... I just thought that a man who is known for his sense of humor and dramatic entrances would show a little respect and admiration for the effort I put in making all of this... But whatever... Major Buzzkill, bro.

The man dragged the hood back and smirked confidently. The crowd's reaction almost blew the roof off! The former World Champ, former Mr. Money in the Bank and former Dudebuster standing atop the ramp made a "holy shit" chant break out.

Jim Ross: TRENT? TRENT! THAT'S TRENT! BAH GAWD KANG! TRENT IS BACK!!!!!!!

Even Jericho looked stunned.

Chris Jericho: Trent?

Trent: How does it feel Jericho? To get a pile of dirt cover you completely?

Trent's smirk faded off his face as he paced down the ramp.

Trent: Right. You don't know what it's like... That doesn't mean I can't teach you. You know, after being by myself all this time, having no one to talk to, being forgotten, vanished... You would think there'd be a lot of talking to be done...

Trent had made his way to the ringside area, he began circling the ring slowly.

Trent: But surprisingly, I feel more like doing things, than like talking about them.

Trent slid under the lower rope and charged at Jericho, taking him down before laying rights and lefts to his skull. Jericho fought back valiantly, managing to roll on top and land a few fists on Trent's face. Trent was able to shake Jericho off him. Trent stood up and quickly tossed a handful of dirt on Jericho's face! While Jericho rubbed his eyes, Trent hurriedly reached for a steel chair under the ring...

Jim Ross: WHAT A COWARD!

Trent was about to roll back inside the ring to plant Jericho with the chair when "99 Problems" by Jay-Z blasted over the PA system.

Jerry Lawler: Yes!

Lance Storm rushed down the ramp to aid his friend, he slid into the ring causing Trent to flee the ring.

Jim Ross: WHAT A COWARD!

Jerry Lawler: Here comes the cavalry!

Jericho stood up and taunted Trent from the apron. The crowd loved every second of the Thrillseekers in the ring! Jericho worked the crowd while Trent looked outside, mouthing out all kinds of offenses and threats to the interim CEO! The Thrillseekers shared a hug in the middle of the ring for the delight of the crowd... Lance grabbed Jericho's hand and raised it in the air... Jericho walked towards the turnbuckle, climbed it and taunted Trent some more... Jericho jumped off the turnbuckle, only to be greeted with a huge boot to the face!

Jim Ross: BAH GAWD! SUPERKICK! SUPERKICK TO JERICHO! LANCE STORM JUST SUPERKICKED HIS BEST FRIEND!

Jerry Lawler: What?!

The crowd was silent as Storm stood over Jericho's knocked out body. Storm left the ring and began walking towards the ramp. He stopped by Trent, both men stared at each other, Storm's eyes piercing a hole through Trent's. Storm then continued walking up the ramp, with Trent following him.

Jerry Lawler: What the hell just happened, JR? Lance Storm was invited to SummerSlam as Jericho's guest... and this is how he repaid him? And why is Trent going after the interim CEO?

Jim Ross: I have no idea King, and I'm not sure if we'll find out the answers to your questions tonight. But I'm sure we'll find out sooner rather than later! One thing's for sure, Jericho isn't going to wait long for answers!

MATCH ONE

Grenade by Bruno Mars hit the sound system. Mr Kennedy made his way to the
ring, chewing in his piece of gum. When he went through the ropes he spit it out in his usual manner and batted it away with his hand.

Jerry Lawler: Tonight marks the debut of The "Moonchild", CJ Parker!

Jim Ross: Talk about a debut, King. He gets to make his impression on the biggest event of the summer!

Jimi Jingle Thing by Wolf Dick played next, which marked the entrance of CJ Parker. But to the crowds surprise, he didn't come out dancing. He was angry. This was clear when he yelled into a microphone.

CJ Parker: What was that you vile cretin! Not all of us live in a barn like some... Animal! What if a poor old man steps in that nasty gum! It takes SEVEN YEARS to digest! Imagine how much longer it takes to biodegrade.

He quickly went down to the ring and slid in, and stepped closer to Kennedy.

CJ Parker: You'll pay the price for littering. It’s so trashy. I hope you learn your lesson. THERE IS NO PLANET B!

Parker went to the apron and placed the mic down carefully. The ref called for the bell and the match began. Kennedy pointed at Parker and laughed at him. The Moonchild didn’t like it, and chopped Kennedy hard in the throat. Kennedy doubled over, allowing Parker to grab him and send him shoulder first into the ring post. Parker rolled up Kennedy for a pin. Kennedy kicked out at 1. He got to his feet and rubbed at his hurt shoulder. Parker got up and chopped Kennedy again, this time across the chest. Kennedy returned with a chop of his own. The two exchanged a couple more blows before Kennedy got the upperhand and hit a quick snapmare, and locked Parker in a headlock. The crowd got behind the Moonchild as he wiggled in a dance move to his feet. Kennedy became uncomfortable and let go of Parker. Kennedy went for a clothesline but Parker ducked underneath and ran to the ropes. He hit a rear end bump on the rebound that knocked Kennedy to the mat. Parker went for a leg drop but Kennedy rolled out of the way. As Parker held his bottom sorely, Kennedy mounted and started punched furiously at Parker. The ref pulled them apart, which gave both men time to recuperate. Kennedy grabbed Parker by his hair, and yanked him in for a suplex. Parker managed to wiggle free and land behind Kennedy. He took a few steps back. When Kennedy turned around, Parker hit him with the Third Eye! Kennedy fell to the mat, and Parker pinned for the 3 count.

Jerry Lawler: That palm thrust gave me a headache!

Jimi Jingle Thing hit once again as Parker hopped up and celebrated his victory with a bow and a little dance. He shouted out something about saving the Earth before the show went to another break.

MATCH TWO

Jim Ross: Are you ready for a little divas tag team action Jerry?

Jerry Lawler: I’m always ready but this match both teams have a little animosity towards each other. Do you think the match will be able to hold all of the animosity JR?

Jim Ross: That’s a good question and I think we are about to find out.

"Can You Feel My Heart" by Bring Me The Horizon came to life on the PA System as AJ and Paige made their way through the curtain at the top of the ramp. They locked eyes with each other briefly before turning their eyes to the ring focusing on the battle that was about to go on inside it. They hopped in the ring and propped up against the turnbuckles as "Fastest Girl Alive" blared over the PA system and the current Divas Tag Team Champions made their way out to a round of boos from the crowd. Both teams locked eyes knowing that the issues between them were not over yet. After both teams had entered the ring "Gun" by Chvrches came on the P.A. and Emma and Alexa Bliss came out to a round of applause as they hastily made their way to the ring.

Ross: This is going to be a slobberknocker folks.

Alexa Bliss will started off for her team against Sasha Banks. Both girls locked up in a test of strength but Alexa having a slight advantage won and turned it into a side headlock. Sasha cleverly managed to reverse it into an Irish whip which sent Alexa into Paige and AJ’s corner. AJ tagged the back of Alexa and jumped into the ring, staring at Sasha. Both girls glared at each other with looks that could kill.

Jerry Lawler: Here we go JR.

Both AJ and Sasha started exchanging chops right in the middle of the ring, each chop harder than the previous one. AJ, finally getting pissed, whipped Sasha into a neutral corner. AJ went to spear her into the turnbuckle but Sasha moved of the way as AJ went flying into the ring post. AJ fell to down to the ground writhing in agony.

Sasha tagged in Eva who quickly went to work on the injured body part of AJ Lee. All AJ could do was scream in pain which led to Paige running in to try and break it up. Paige kicked Eva in the back which led to Sasha coming in and hitting a spear of her own on Paige.

Next thing the ref knew AJ and Paige were back up and an all-out brawl happened between Paige and AJ and Sasha and Eva. The ref, unable to break up the four, called for the bell and disqualified both teams, giving the win to Alexa Bliss and Emma.

Justin Roberts: Your winners as a result of a disqualification, Alexa Bliss and Emma! Still the Divas Tag Team Champions... Sasha Banks and Eva Marie!

Looking pissed Sasha and Eva exited the ring and made their way back up the ramp while still looking back. The referee raised Alexa and Emma's arms in victory as AJ and Paige looked on disappointed. Although pleased with the victory, Alexa and Emma's smiles seemed a little strained.

Jim Ross: Well King, I don't think anyone is happy about the outcome of this match... Alexa Bliss and Emma may be the winners, but it's a hollow victory I'm sure knowing that they don't get to walk away with the gold!

Jerry Lawler: I know, JR! One thing is for sure, we haven't seen the end of the rivalry between these three teams!

SEGMENT

A video package had just played, highlighting the long, triumphant careers of both men who were going to be competing in the Summerslam main event when the backstage area of The Pit arena suddenly filled screens all over the world. A close up of a door was shown, a door with a black placard and pink lettering that read “EBWF DIVAS LOCKER ROOM.” Slowly the camera zoomed out and there came a loud mixed reaction that was far more pop than heat when Dolph Ziggler was seen standing across the hall from the door, looking to be deep in thought. He was dressed in a sharp black collared button up shirt, dark wash jeans, black leather loafers, and his platinum blonde hair was pulled back in a short ponytail. He seemed to hesitate for a moment and then, as if making up his mind, he stepped forward and knocked lightly on the door. He shuffled his feet and stuck his hands in his front pockets. Seconds later there came another loud fan reaction from the Albuquerque crowd, this one decidedly all pop, as Brie Bella poked her head out the door and raised an inquisitive eyebrow when she saw Dolph standing there.

Brie Bella: I’d ask if I could help you but I really wouldn’t know where to begin. What did you DO to her?! Do you have ANY idea what it’s been like the past couple of days?

Dolph Ziggler: I heard from a reliable source there was hairbrush singing?

Brie whispered through gritted teeth.

Brie Bella: And she has a TERRIBLE voice!

Dolph Ziggler: Can I talk to her?

Brie Bella: Can anyone, really?

She sighed and turned around, disappearing back into the locker room and leaving her voice to waft after her. She obviously wasn’t a fan of AJ Lee but the world all knew by now that this feeling was a mutual one.

Brie Bella: AJ, I can’t believe I’m saying this but there’s a man at the door for you! And he isn’t carrying a straight jacket, a net, or a syringe full of Haldol so congrats, THERE’S a change!

Everyone could hear AJ respond though her words weren’t entirely able to be made out. Whatever it was Brie responded with a shocked, loud, and somewhat miffed “HEY!” Then AJ Lee was standing in the doorway, peering up at Dolph with sad eyes. He shuffled his feet again, looking incredibly awkward and very unlike his usually cocky, arrogant self.

Dolph Ziggler: Hi.

AJ Lee: Hi.

He sighed and shook his head, leaning on the doorframe.

Dolph Ziggler: I heard I messed you up for your match last week. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to distract you.

She didn’t say anything, only looked down and nodded. He was acting incredibly uncharacteristic for him, the self-professed Showoff. Finally he just seemed to realize this wasn’t getting him anywhere. His features softened as he looked down at her.

Dolph Ziggler: Look, what I guess I was trying to say last week, and what I did a piss-poor job of saying, was that people always remember the people they hate, or love to hate, more than they ever remember the guys they love. Its sad, but it’s reality. If I’m ever going to break out of this... this... mid-card hell I’ve been living in, I need to be remembered. But, I’ve done a lot of thinking about what you said last week and I wanted to thank you, for trying to see some good in me. Even if I don’t see any in myself.

She glanced up at him through her long, dark lashes when suddenly he reached out and took her hand.

Dolph Ziggler: I realized something this week too.

AJ Lee: What’s that?

Dolph Ziggler: That, even if it is a little “When Harry Met Crazy,” I realized that I’ve gotten used to having you around and... I like how you see me. And, as cliched as it may sound, you kinda make me want to be the guy you see when you look at me. So, I think I want to try.

AJ Lee: Try what?

Dolph Ziggler: To be the good guy. The guy you say I really am.

She gave him a tentative smile.

AJ Lee: Really?

He nodded and actually smiled.

Dolph Ziggler: Yeah. What has being the bad guy gotten me anyway? Maybe it’s time I do something different.

AJ Lee: That sounds like a good plan.

She was practically beaming now. He seemed to hesitate for another long moment but then he gave her a crooked little grin.

Dolph Ziggler: And, since I’m kinda turning over this new leaf and all, I was thinking there’s something else I might like to try.

AJ Lee: What’s that?

Then he was taking a small step forward and his free hand moved to gently cup AJ’s face as he leaned down and gave her a soft kiss on the lips. The audience roared in response as slowly the kiss seemed to deepen as her surprise wore off and she began to kiss him back, moving to stand on tiptoe and wrapping her arms around his neck. Then from inside the locker room there came whistles, cheers, cries of protest, and one particularly loud, “Get a room,” from the EBWF Divas. The EBWF’s newest couple finally ended their kiss with amused laughter and then he was taking her hand in his and leading her away as the scene slowly faded to black.

MATCH THREE

Jim Ross: Up next, Intercontinental Title on the line as the veteran superstar, Syxx, defends the gold against the young up and comer, Sami Zayn!

"World's Apart" hit and the crowd cheered as Sami Zayn stepped out onto the stage. Zayn looked excited as he made his way down the ramp. Upon entering the ring, Zayn climbed to the top rope and posed for the fans, then climbed down and awaited the arrival of his opponent. "F.E." by 40 Below Summer hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Syxx made his way to the ring, accompanied by Symphony. Syxx walked down the ramp with a confident strut, and as he entered the ring, the defending champion glared across the ring at Sami Zayn. Zayn responded with a cocky grin, and the two men locked eyes on one another as the referee took Syxx's Intercontinental Title and held it up in the air. The referee then called for the bell and Syxx and Zayn locked up. Syxx applied a headlock takedown, then stomped on Zayn several times. Zayn rolled away from Syxx and got back to his feet, and the two men began exchanging right hands back and forth. Syxx gained the upper hand, and after hitting Zayn with a series of punches in quick succession, he whipped Zayn against the ropes. As Zayn ran back towards him, Syxx went for a spinning heel kick, but Zayn ducked out of the way, ran against the opposing set of ropes and hit Syxx with a flying forearm smash. Both men got to their feet and Zayn hit a snap suplex, followed by a standing moonsault. Zayn hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jerry Lawler: Zayn with a near fall!

Zayn pulled Syxx to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then went to whip him into the corner. Syxx reversed the Irish whip, sending Zayn into the corner, then ran at him and hit a corner dropkick. Zayn fell into a sitting position, and after taunting his opponent with a crotch chop, Syxx hit the bronco buster! Syxx pulled Zayn away from the ropes and hit a leg drop, then made the cover. The referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jim Ross: Another near fall! This time Syxx gets the two count!

Syxx sat Zayn up and applied a chinlock, but Zayn was able to force Syxx to break the hold. Both men got to their feet, and exchanged right hands back and forth once more. Again Syxx gained the upper hand, and after hitting Zayn with a shoot kick to the side, Syxx went for a roundhouse kick. Zayn ducked out of the way, hit Syxx with a kick to the midsection, and followed it up with a cradle DDT. Zayn hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout! Zayn pulled Syxx to his feet and whipped him into the ropes, then took him down with an arm drag. Syxx got to his feet, and Zayn hit another arm drag. Syxx got to his feet once again, and Zayn whipped him into the corner. To the delight of the crowd, Zayn then signalled for the Helluva Kick!

Jerry Lawler: Oh my! This could be it, JR! We could have a new champion!

Zayn ran at Syxx and went for the Helluva Kick... but Syxx ducked out of the way at the last second! Zayn hit the turnbuckle with a nasty thud, and Syxx got behind him, lifting him up for a back drop. Zayn got to his feet, and Syxx hit him with a superkick! Zayn struggled back to his feet, and Syxx hit the X-Factor! Syxx hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... 3!

Jim Ross: It's over! A tremendous effort from Sami Zayn, but Syxx is able to retain the gold once more!

The referee called for the bell and raised Syxx's arm in victory. Symphony entered the ring and celebrated with her client. As Syxx and Symphony made their way to the ring, the camera cut to a close up of Sami Zayn. The former PWG superstar shook his head, looking disappointed with himself.

MATCH FOUR

“You Can Look” hit the PA and Brie Bella came down the ramp.

Jim Ross: Here’s our 2014 Queen of the Ring ready to face off against the women’s champion Michelle McCool.

Jerry Lawler: What a long road it has been between Brie and Michelle.

“Not Enough For Me” brought the arrival of the EBWF Women’s Champion!

Jim Ross: And here’s the seemingly unstoppable Michelle McCool. Has she met her match in Brie here tonight?

The bell rang. They locked up and tangled. Brie took McCool down and went for a pin attempt. Fans started clapping as they lock up again. Brie with another takedown. McCool turned it around. The two women went back and forth trading holds. They locked up again and Brie took McCool back to the mat with a headlock. McCool turned another hold around and took Brie down, working on her arm.

Jim Ross: These ladies staying technical here.

Brie took McCool back down and worked on her leg now. They broke and Brie went for a kick. McCool caught it. Brie took her down by her leg and applied another submission on the knee. McCool turned that into a headlock. Brie countered with another headlock of her own. Another counter by McCool. They ran the ropes and Brie rolled McCool up for a 2 count. Brie got a body scissors. Brie rolled it over into a pin and got a 2 count before going back to the scissors submission. McCool blocked a counter and a cross armbreaker by getting the bottom rope. McCool slapped Brie. Brie looked shocked and then slapped her harder. Brie ducked a clothesline and rolled McCool up for 2. McCool hit a knee to the gut and a knee to the back. McCool followed up with a big chop to the chest. Another big chop. Brie countered in the corner. McCool rammed her back and elbowed her. Brie jumped on her back with a sleeper hold. McCool turned it into a stunner for a 2 count.

Jim Ross: Michelle McCool with a huge counter there!

McCool got another 2 count. She then got frustrated and slammed Brie's head into the mat. McCool hit Brie with a boot to the chin and a slammed out of the corner for another pin attempt. McCool slammed Brie for another 2 count. McCool locked in an abdominal stretch. Brie turned it around into an abdominal stretch of her own. McCool broke free and nailed a dropkick for a 2 count. More back and forth, and Brie hit a butterfly suplex. Brie followed up with a snap mare. She ran, stepped on the back of McCool's head and then dropkicked her for a 2 count. Brie ended up knocking McCool from the apron to the floor. McCool held on to Brie's ankle and pulled her down. McCool dropped Brie on the back of her head on the floor. McCool brought her back in the ring for a 2 count.

Jim Ross: A brutal move there!

McCool stomped and went to the top. She misses a moonsault as Brie rolled out of the way. Brie landed a big clothesline for a 2 count. Brie went for the headlock and got it locked in. McCool struggled to the rope, but Brie pulled her back to the middle of the ring. McCool countered and applies the MADT. Brie turns it over, and the crowd went crazy. They rolled back to the middle of the ring and Brie had control of the hold now. They rolled again and Brie slapped McCool again. McCool hit a hard slap now. Brie tightened the hold. McCool rolled to the bottom rope and fell out of the ring. McCool brought Brie back in the ring. Brie went to set up for The Bella Buster, but McCool ducked, and came up with The Faithbreaker!

Jim Ross: Huge move from McCool. This could be it!

1…2…3!

Jerry Lawler: Michelle McCool did it. She’s still the women’s champion!

“Not Enough For Me” came over the PA again, and Michelle took her Women’s Championship and ducked out of the ring. Brie Bella came to her senses and looked on, shaking her head as a promo video for the next match began to play.

MATCH FIVE

Jim Ross: Up next, CM Punk defends the PTG Title in an elimination triple threat match!

"Rebel Son" by CFO$ hit and the crowd booed as Bad News Barrett made his way to the ring. After Barrett had entered the ring, "Heroes" by Shinedown hit and the crowd continued to boo as Ted DiBiase stepped out onto the stage. As DiBiase entered the ring, he and Barrett stared each other down. Finally, "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour hit, and the crowd erupted at excitement as CM Punk headed to the ring. DiBiase and Barrett turned their attention to the ramp, watching Punk intently. Upon entering the ring, Punk greeted his opponents with one of his trademark smirks, then taunted them with the PTG Title before passing it to the referee, who held it in the air then called for the bell. DiBiase and Barrett both went after Punk, and began double-teaming the champion. After beating Punk down to the ring mat, DiBiase and Barrett turned on each other, DiBiase taking Barrett down with a clothesline. DiBiase then stomped on Barrett several times, before picking him up, tossing him out of the ring and turning his attention back to CM Punk. Punk was on his feet and he and DiBiase locked up. DiBiase was able to overpower the champion, and he applied a headlock, then punched Punk in the head several times. As DiBiase broke the hold, Punk looked dazed, and the Straight Edge Superstar staggered backwards. DiBiase took advantage, grabbing Punk and lifting him up for a suplex. As DiBiase got to his feet, Barrett re-entered the ring and he took DiBiase down with a big boot. DiBiase got back to his feet and Barrett kicked him in the gut, then whipped him into the corner. Barrett ran at DiBiase and hit him with a bodypress, then as DiBiase staggered out of the corner, Barrett clotheslined him over the top rope. Barrett then turned to face CM Punk, who was back on his feet. Barrett went for another clothesline, but Punk ducked out of the way, then hit Barrett with a roundhouse kick. Barrett got to his feet and Punk hit him with a double underhook backbreaker, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jerry Lawler: CM Punk with a near fall!

At this point, DiBiase re-entered the ring and went after CM Punk. The two men exchanged right hands back and forth, and Punk was able to gain the upper hand. After hitting DiBiase with a series of punches in quick succession, Punk hit the third generation superstar with a Mongolian chop, then whipped him against the ropes. As DiBiase ran back towards him, Punk took him down with a leg lariat. Punk then signalled for the GTS, but before he could hit it, Barrett attacked him from behind, hitting him hard in the back of the head before lifting him up for a back drop. DiBiase then tried to get to his feet, but Barrett hitting him with a back kick, knocking him down to the mat. With both of his opponents down, Barrett held his arms up proudly, as if to signal that he would be victorious. The camera then cut to the top of the stage, where Ryback walked through the curtain and made his way to the ramp.

Jerry Lawler: What is Ryback doing out here, JR?

Jim Ross: I'm not sure, King, but after what happened at Sacrifice, I don't think Bad News Barrett will want Ryback anywhere near him!

Barrett was momentarily unnerved by Ryback's presence, but he took his frustration out on his opponents, hitting Punk with a knee drop to the head. Barrett then hooked the leg - 1... 2... kickout! Standing at ringside, Ryback applauded Barrett's efforts mockingly. Shaking his head, Barrett went to grab DiBiase, but DiBiase had been playing possum and he rolled Barrett up with a small package! The referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jerry Lawler: DiBiase was so close to eliminating Barrett there, JR!

Jim Ross: You can see Ryback's presence is already affecting Barrett's performance, King!

Barrett and DiBiase got to their feet, and Barrett whipped DiBiase against the ropes, then went for the Winds of Change. DiBiase blocked it and countered with a DDT, then as Barrett got to his feet, DiBiase hit him with a dropkick. Barrett got to his feet and tried to grab DiBiase, but DiBiase was ready for him and ducked out of the way. Getting behind Barrett, DiBiase applied a cobra clutch then lifted him up, hitting him with Dream Street! DiBiase hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... 3!

Jerry Lawler: Barrett has been eliminated!

The referee called for the bell, signalling Barrett's elimination. Barrett sat up and shook his head, looking disappointed with himself. DiBiase moved to the corner and took time to regain some energy as he waited for Barrett to leave the ring. By this point, Punk was back on his feet and he sarcastically waved goodbye to Barrett, then laughed. Barrett hit Punk with a cheap shot, then glared at DiBiase in the corner before exiting the ring. As Barrett passed Ryback, the two men stared at each other intently. Barrett then walked up the ramp, Ryback watching him do so. After Barrett had walked through the curtain, Ryback made an exit. At this point the referee called for the bell, signalling the restart of the match. DiBiase and Punk moved towards the center of the ring and began circling one another. DiBiase went for a clothesline but Punk ducked out of the way, then hit DiBiase with a Muay Thai straight kick. DiBiase staggered backwards and Punk whipped him against the ropes, before hitting a tilt-a-whirl slam. Punk climbed to the top rope, pointed to the sky in memory of Macho Man Randy Savage, then hit a diving elbow drop. Punk made the cover and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jim Ross: CM Punk gets a two count! The Straight Edge superstar was nanoseconds away from retaining the PTG Title there, King!

Both men got to their feet and Punk hit DiBiase with some more right hands, then whipped him into the corner. Punk ran at DiBiase and hit him with the step-up high knee, followed by a bulldog. As DiBiase got to his feet, CM Punk went for the GTS... but DiBiase blocked it and countered with a neckbreaker! Both men got to their feet and DiBiase got behind Punk, hitting him with a full nelson facebuster.

Jerry Lawler: Skull Crushing Finale! I guess DiBiase has been taking lessons from The Miz, JR!

DiBiase hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout! DiBiase looked furious at only getting a two count, and began arguing with the referee. As DiBiase and the referee argued, Punk got to his feet. He grabbed DiBiase and turned him around, then went to hit him with a clothesline. DiBiase quickly ducked, and Punk inadvertently took out the referee! DiBiase grabbed Punk and hit a sitout spinebuster, then tried to revive the referee. As DiBiase did so, the camera cut to a shot of the crowd, revealing Wade Barrett, who was heading through the crowd to the ring! DiBiase didn't notice Barrett, who grabbed the PTG Title then slid under the bottom rope. Finally, DiBiase noticed him, and Barrett hit him in the face with the title belt! Punk got to his feet, and Barrett hit him with the title belt also! DiBiase got back to his feet, and to keep him grounded, Barrett hit him with the Bad News Bullhammer, then exited the ring, looking pleased with himself as he walked back through the crowd. At this point, the referee got back to his feet, and noticing that both superstars were down, he began counting for a double KO. 1... 2... 3... 4... at the count of 5, CM Punk got to his feet, and a second later, DiBiase did the same. Neither superstar appeared to have much energy left, and they wearily locked up. Punk applied a headlock, but DiBiase broke out of it and hit an inverted atomic drop, followed by a high knee. Punk got to his feet, and DiBiase went for the Dream Street, but Punk blocked it and flipped DiBiase over onto his back. Punk ran against the ropes and hit a leg drop, then watched DiBiase as he slowly got to his feet. When DiBiase was up, Punk lifted him onto his shoulders and hit the GTS! Punk hooked the leg, and the referee counted - 1... 2... 3!

Jim Ross: It's over! CM Punk retains the title!

Jerry Lawler: What a match, JR!

Jim Ross: It was a real slobberknocker, King! These two men - and Bad News Barrett- gave it their all tonight, and you could argue that Punk his fortunate to walk out of here with the gold still around his waist.

The referee raised Punk's arm in victory, and Punk celebrated before making his way to the back.

MATCH SIX

The cameras returned to ringside and focused in on Christy Hemme.

Christy Hemme: The following contest is a Three Stages of Hell match, and it is for the EBWF World Championship!!

"Go back to sleep..."

The crowd got to their feet as the Silent Assassin appeared from behind the curtain. He stopped at the top of the ramp and looked out to the crowd. He had a grim, determined expression on his features.

Jim Ross: We're sure to see a absolute slobberknocker here tonight, King. The two alpha males of the EBWF are going to get it on tonight in what's going to be a long battle to be the best.

Jerry Lawler: These two guys have been competing for almost a decade, JR. This battle tonight is another epic chapter in their saga.

Randy got into the ring and mounted the turnbuckle, throwing his arms into the air in his signature pose. After the flash bulbs had subsided, he dismounted and waited in his corner.

Jim Ross: The rules of this match are as follows: It's a best two out of three falls match. The first match is a standard singles match. The second is a street fight, where there are no disqualifications and no countouts. The third and final match is a Hell in a Cell match.

Jerry Lawler: These guys are so evenly matched, we might never get to the final match!

Randy's music faded and the crowd loudly cheered for the sound of "My Time is Now". John Cena came out from behind the curtain, the EBWF World Championship around his waist. He was amped up and energetic, turning to the camera and giving a salute to Drew, the cameraman before sprinting down the ramp and sliding in underneath the bottom rope.

Jim Ross: John Cena and Randy Orton both have an absolute war to get through tonight. Big fight feel, here.

Randy remained stoic, unaffected by the fact that Cena was taunting the crowd and flashing his "Hustle, Loyalty, Respect" sign. Cena handed the World Championship to the referee who held it up in the air. Orton stepped forward and tilted his head, popping his neck as he stared across the ring at his nemesis, John Cena. The two met in the center of the ring as the referee called for the bell.

Jim Ross: Here we go!

Orton and Cena shook hands and began circling each other. They immediately locked up in a collar and elbow tie up. The two men jockeyed for position in the center of the ring, not giving an inch to the other. The struggle continued for a long time before they broke the hold and stared each other down. Orton smirked and Cena followed suit. They both locked up again, but this time Orton kicked Cena in the gut and wrenched in a headlock, dragging Cena down to the mat. Cena used his strength to get himself back to a vertical base and lifted Orton up into a belly to back suplex. Orton hit the back of his neck and rolled over. He got back up quickly and the two began exchanging more passionate blows. The crowd grew to an excited pitch as Cena started to get the upper hand on his opponent. Cena's club-like blows landed hard on Orton, who rocked back into the corner. Cena whipped him into the opposite turnbuckle, and Orton smacked into the corner chest first. He stumbled back and right into the awaiting champion, who lifted him into a turning belly to back suplex. The crowd gave a loud, mixed reaction as Cena threw his five fingers into the air, signaling for one of his patented moves.

Jerry Lawler: Here it comes! John's going to hit the five knuckle shuffle!

Cena sprinted towards the ropes and bounced off them. When he arrived at Orton, he dusted off his shoulder and...

Jim Ross: GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! OUT OF NOWHERE!

Randy had been playing possum. Seemingly in one fluid motion, he had leapt up into the air and hit John Cena with a picture perfect RKO.

Jerry Lawler: What an RKO! Is it over?!

Randy hooked the leg on Cena and the referee made the count. 1....2..... Cena kicked out!

Jim Ross: It's early on, but still speaks to the fortitude of the World's Champion that he was able to kick out of the RKO.

Randy smirked at the referee and held up three fingers, briefly arguing with him before picking Cena up. He threw Cena into the ropes and hit a perfect powerslam on the rebound. He hooked the leg and got another two count. Orton got up and walked a circle around his opponent. He stomped on Cena's hand, his ankle, and the back of his neck. Cena reached up with his arm and rolled up Orton into a schoolboy for a two count. Randy had kicked out, but it bought Cena enough time to get back to his feet. Cena jumped up and hit a drop kick on Orton, sending him to his back. Orton got up, and Cena hoisted him up into a fireman's carry, going for an Attitude Adjustment. Randy got his hands on the ropes, preventing the Chaingang Commander from being able to complete the maneuver. Cena threw him over anyway and Randy sailed over the top rope, landing on the mat outside the ring, flat on his back. The crowd reacted loudly to the spot, as Randy writhed around, gripping his back in pain. The referee began the mandatory ten count as Cena rolled outside the ring.

Jim Ross: Gotta be careful here. We're not in the street fight just yet.

Cena picked Orton up and rolled him into the ring, now having the clear advantage. Cena went for the pin and got a two count. With some signs of frustration, Cena picked Orton up and lifted him up onto his shoulder, dropping Randy face first into the turnbuckle corner and following up with a clothesline as Randy stumbled back. Randy hit the back of his neck and shoulder again, and Cena went for another cover, getting a two count.

Jerry Lawler: Cena's got a good strategy here, trying to wear down the challenger with all these pinball attempts.

Pressing his advantage, Cena picked Orton back up and threw him into the corner. He charged forward and hit a clothesline across Randy's neck, then followed it up with a bull dog. Without hesitating, he grabbed Orton's ankle and twisted him up into the STF.

Jim Ross: Cena's got the STF locked in! Is Orton going to tap?

Orton used every ounce of strength he had to power himself towards the ropes, and was able to grab a hold, causing the referee to force a break. Cena did so immediately and got up. Randy slowly used the ropes as leverage to get up to a vertical base, having taken a large string of offense from the champion. Cena stepped forward towards Randy, but Randy was lying in wait, he jumped high into the air and brought Cena's head crashing down with another sudden RKO! The crowd exploded with cheers.

Jim Ross: Another RKO out of nowhere!

This time, Orton hooked both of Cena's legs, and got the 1....2....3!

Jerry Lawler: Orton did it! Orton got the first fall!

Christy Hemme: Here is your winner of the first match of the series, Randy Orton! The second match is a street fight and will begin in sixty seconds.

Orton stumbled back into his corner, catching his breath while Cena slowly recuperated on his side of the ring.

Jim Ross: Already these two warrior have the wounds of battle on them. And we're only a third done with this matchup, King.

Jerry Lawler: It's already been a great match!

The trainers quickly helped Cena get back to a vertical base, and Cena waved them off. He was back on his feet and waiting for the second match to begin. After sixty seconds, the referee called for the bell. Orton, not wanting to miss his opportunity, immediately went after Cena with hard rights. Cena put up his fists, attempting to block them as best he could.

Jim Ross: Oh, man. Cena's got a real uphill battle here going into the second match. A street fight seems to be right up Orton's wheelhouse. And Orton's already up 1-0.

Jerry Lawler: We might not even need Hell in a Cell, JR!

With the advantage, Orton grabbed Cena by the back of the neck and threw him outside. Cena tumbled out onto the floor, slow to move. The two RKO's had taken their toll. Randy went down to one knee and started digging around underneath the ring. He found a garbage can lid, looked at it for a moment, shrugged and mouthed the words "Why do we have this?" and slammed it over Cena's skull. The crowd cheered as the street fight had already started full swing. Randy went back to the underside of the ring, checking to see if he could find any more goodies. He produced a steel chair to the delight of the crowd. He grinned, and reared back for a full swing. As Cena slowly stumbled up, Randy took a hard swing directly for Cena's head. Cena ducked down and the chair flew over his head, and connected with the steel ringpost, causing Randy to drop the chair and grip his wrists in pain. Cena quickly picked the chair up and smacked it across Orton's spine as hard as he could. The sickening crack caused an audible reaction in the audience. Orton crumpled to the ground in pain, gripping the small of his back. Cena dropped the chair and rolled Randy over for a pinfall. He got a long two count before Randy kicked out. Cena picked Orton up and went to smack his head against the barricade. Randy put his hand down to block it, and the two exchanged blows on the outside of the ring, right in front of the fans. Randy raked Cena in the face, and used the temporary blindness to Irish Whip Cena into the steps. Cena smashed shoulder first into the steps, and the steps went flying in the opposite direction.

Jim Ross: My God, what an impact. These two men are practically killing each other for the EBWF World Championship.

Jerry Lawler: If you're not willing to do that, you shouldn't be in this business, JR.

Randy slowly stalked Cena, who hadn't got up yet. He forcibly helped Cena up to a vertical base, then grabbed him by the head and hit a snap vertical suplex on the steel ramp. Cena gripped his back, wincing in extreme pain. Orton quickly got up and went for a cover outside. The ref smacked the ramp twice before Cena kicked out.

Jim Ross: No matter what you think about John Cena, and he is a polarizing figure, you have to respect his will to survive. The man truly never gives up.

Randy yelled "Stay down!" at Cena, who continued to attempt to fight himself back up to a vertical base. Randy took a hard kick at Cena's head, trying to make sure he stayed down, but it was to no avail. Randy kicked him again, but Cena caught his leg and yanked, causing Randy to lose his footing and fall back. Cena slowly managed to get himself to a standing position. Randy got up and charged at John, but the champion wrapped his arms around Orton, and flipped Orton over with a release belly-to-belly suplex. Orton landed on his back and shoulder on the unforgiving steel ramp. He was clearly in intense amounts of pain. Cena crouched down, waiting for Orton to get up.

Jim Ross: Looks like Cena's going to try and finish this match with an AA.

Orton stumbled into Cena who put him up on his shoulders. The crowd cheered as Cena went to drop Randy with the Attitude Adjustment. Randy shifted his weight and landed on his feet. He grabbed Cena by the neck and hit an inverted headlock backbreaker on the ramp. Randy quickly dropped to all fours and punched the floor, signaling for an RKO. The crowd cheered as Cena slowly got up. Randy leapt up for his RKO, but Cena was ready. The Champ grabbed Orton's torso and powerlifted him up onto his shoulders, and quickly throwing him over into an Attitude Adjustment on the steel ramp. Cena hooked the leg on Randy and got the 1...2...3!

Christy Hemme: Here is your winner of the second match, John Cena! The final match will begin in sixty seconds!

Jim Ross: We're 1 and 1 here! That means we're going to Hell in a Cell!

The two gladiators struggled to get up as the strobe lights in the arena flashed rapidly and the Hell in a Cell cage was lowered down to the floor. Trainers helped Randy and John get up to a vertical base. Instead of heading for the cage, the two men just began exchanging punches outside the ring area. The crowd cheered loudly as they both continued to fight on, despite being clearly exhausted. The continued blocking and punching as the crowd reached a fever pitch. The Hell in a Cell cage had already been locked into place as the two men slowly approached it as they battled on. All at once, Randy broke formation and grabbed a fist full of the cage. The crowd was getting extremely loud as he started to climb.

Jim Ross: Oh, no. This can't be good. This never ends well. You guys both have long careers ahead of you! Don't do this!

Cena promptly gave chase, heading up the cage as well. Randy signaled Cena to come at him, and the Champion obliged. The two men again exchanged bombs on top of the cage, sixteen feet above the ring. Orton managed to kick Cena in the gut, and hit a snap DDT right on the chainlinks of the cell's roof, sending a reverberating clattering of metal throughout the cage. Orton picked Cena up and stuffed him between his legs, lifting him up for a piledriver. The leader of the Cenation was able to shift his weight and plant his feet on the ground, reversing the maneuver into a back body drop that sent Orton flat back onto the top of the cage. The referee watched helplessly from inside the ring as challenger and champion continued their battle outside the bounds of where a pinball could be counted. Cena grabbed Orton's leg and cinched him up tight in an STF. Orton screamed in agony as Cena reared back as hard as he could on the submission hold, causing unimaginable amounts of pain to the third generation superstar.

Jim Ross: You gotta get him in the ring, Cena! You can't win up there!

Randy used the last of his strength to fight out of the submission hold, rearing back with as hard an elbow as he could muster. Cena let go of the hold, dazed by the strikes, but he didn't let go of Randy's torso. Using his freakish strength, Cena managed to deadlift Orton onto his shoulders!

Jim Ross: Oh my god! He's going for the AA! Don't do it!

Cena executed the Attitude Adjustment perfectly, but what happened next was something that was completely unexpected. As Randy's back hit the chainlink, the square he landed on gave way and plummeted to the ring below, causing the referee to have to dive out of the way. Before he fell, Randy had managed to grab a hold of one of the cage bars on the top of the Cell, and was now dangling 16 feet above the ring, holding on for dear life.

Jerry Lawler: Orton's going to fall! I can't watch, JR!

Cena, wide-eyed, surveyed the scene for a moment before finally acting. He got down onto his knees and in a shocking moment of selflessness, offered his hand to Orton. The crowd was getting behind Cena at this point, and was cheering the scene on. The cameras picked up Cena inaudibly saying to Orton: "Take my hand. It can't end like this." Orton did not appear to be convinced.

Jim Ross: Orton seems to be weighing his options here, not sure what choice he has at this point. Swallow your pride, Orton! It's not worth your career.

Cena continued to keep his hand extended out, unwavering in his decision to help his opponent. The crowd cheered as Randy reached out and took Cena's hand. Cena dutifully began pulling, but Randy shifted his weight, not allowing Cena to pull him up. Cena looked at Orton and mouthed "What are you doing?". Orton's expression turned sinister and he gave Cena's arm a strong yank, and to the absolute shock of the entire crowd, Cena tumbled forward and both men fell through the hole in the cage and crash landed in the ring below. Cena landed on his back, and Orton landed on his shoulder. The sickening sound of their impact was rivaled only by that of the deafening cheers from the Albuquerque crowd. Both men were motionless in the ring.

Jim Ross: GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!

Jerry Lawler: Aaaaahhhhh!!

Jim Ross: What did we just see?!

Jerry Lawler: Orton just sacrificed himself to bring Cena down with him!

The referee couldn't do anything pursuant to the rules of Hell in a Cell, and the two men weren't moving one inch. A ear splitting "HOLY SHIT" chant thundered throughout the arena as the ref checked both men to see if they were conscious or not. After a good two minutes of no motion whatsoever, Orton finally began to stir. He slowly, painstakingly turned and outstretched his right arm, draping it over Cena's torso. The referee went down for the count.

Jim Ross: That's gotta be it.

One... Two....

At the very last millisecond before the referee's hand smacked the mat of the third time, Cena's shoulder raised from the mat. The New Mexico crowd came unglued. Randy barely could move enough to get his arm off of Cena. He slowly sat up, gripping his left shoulder. Orton was clearly in a lot of pain. Still gingerly holding his shoulder, he got up to one knee, then slowly to a vertical base, backing up into the corner to use it as leverage to keep himself vertical. Cena was just beginning to stir. Orton stared at his opponent with bewilderment. Suddenly, a cold, calculating expression dawned on his features, and his body tensed up. Cena had turned over and was slowly getting onto all fours.

Jim Ross: I think... Orton might be thinking...

Jerry Lawler: Don't do it, Orton!

Jim Ross: He's going for a punt kick!

With every last ounce of energy, Randy charged forward to deliver the punt kick to Cena's skull. Without warning, Cena sprang up and caught Orton, flipping him up into a fireman's carry and delivering a devastating Attitude Adjustment in one fluid move. Orton crashed onto his back and shoulder, and Cena went for the cover. 1.....2......3!

Jim Ross: Cena did it! Cena retains the EBWF Worlds Championship! What an absolute war by these two men.

Christy Hemme: Here is your winner, and STILL the EBWF World Champion... JOHN CEEEEEEEENNNNAAAAA!!

Cena collapsed to the mat as the referee handed him his belt. "My Time Is Now" played throughout the arena. Cena raised the title slowly, his face still wincing with pain. The crowd was alive with an incredibly loud applause for the performance put on by Cena and Orton. Cena slowly exited the ring with his title belt, and headed back up the ramp. He celebrated at the top of the ramp, pointing out to the crowd and giving them a salute before disappearing behind the curtain. His music faded and the cameras focused back in on Randy, who was propped up in the corner, and the trainers were crowded around him.

Jim Ross: Looks like Orton may have aggravated his shoulder in this match, the trainers seem to be taking a look at it.

Randy slowly rolled out of the ring and stood up on his own as the trainers kept insisting that he keep his shoulder immobile. The Albuquerque fans, knowing full well that they may have just witnessed Randy's last match for a little while, gave the man a standing ovation. The crowd also broke out in an RKO chant as the former world champion made his way up the ramp. Still keeping his arm immobilized, he gestured toward the crowd with his good arm before disappearing behind the curtain.

Jim Ross: Folks, I've called a lot of matches in my day, but few held a candle to the one we just witnessed today. John Cena and Randy Orton put it all on the line for the biggest prize in the game, and the Chaingang Commander came out on top. I can't wait to see what happens next week on Warfare. Goodnight, everybody!

The EBWF logo flashed in the corner as Summerslam went off the air.