Warfare Results 01/12/2015

Ben M

Warfare Results 01/12/2015

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Jim Ross: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! I'm Jim Ross, joined by Jerry "The King" Lawler!

Jerry Lawler: Tonight, we're live from the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado!

"#Mmmgorgeous" by CFO$ hit and the crowd booed as Tyler Breeze made his way to the ring. After Breeze had entered the ring, "Heroes" by Shinedown hit and Ted DiBiase came out to a mixed reaction from the crowd. After DiBiase had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell. Breeze wasted no time getting started, running at DiBiase and taking him down with a clothesline, then stomping on him several times. DiBiase got to his feet and Breeze hit a series of punches, before whipping DiBiase into the ropes. As DiBiase ran back towards him, Breeze took him down with a superkick.

Jim Ross: Supermodel Kick!

Breeze hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout! Breeze pulled DiBiase to his feet and hit him with some more right hands, then whipped him into the corner. Breeze ran at DiBiase but DiBiase got his knees up, causing Breeze to run face first into his knees. As Breeze staggered backwards, DiBiase moved out of the corner and hit an inverted atomic drop, followed by a sitout spinebuster. DiBiase then hit a knee drop, and as Breeze got to his feet, DiBiase set him up for a suplex. Breeze blocked it and countered with a suplex of his own, then as both men got to their feet, Breeze hit an Enzuigiri. DiBiase staggered backwards and Breeze took him down with a DDT, then hooked the leg once more. The referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jerry Lawler: Another near fall!

Breeze sat DiBiase up and applied a sleeper hold, but DiBiase broke free and both men got to their feet. DiBiase and Breeze exchanged right hands back and forth, and after gaining the upper hand DiBiase whipped Breeze into the ropes, before taking him down with a high knee. As Breeze got to his feet, DiBiase went for Dream Street, but Breeze blocked it and flipped DiBiase over, slamming him onto the mat. DiBiase got to his feet and Breeze spun towards him, hitting the Beauty Shot! Breeze made the cover and the referee counted - 1... 2... 3!

Jim Ross: It's over! An impressive victory for Tyler Breeze!

Breeze celebrated his victory as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH TWO

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, Paige was on her way to the ring for the next match.

Jim Ross: Welcome back! Up next, divas action as Paige takes on the former Women's Champion, Velvet Sky!

Paige wore a determined expression on her face as she made her way down the ramp. After she had entered the ring, "Angel on my Shoulder" hit and the crowd cheered as Velvet Sky headed to the ring. When both divas were in the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two divas locked up. Velvet took Paige down with a snapmare, then hit a shoot kick to the back of Paige's head. Paige got to her feet and Velvet hit a series of punches, before whipping Paige into the ropes. Velvet went for a clothesline, but Paige ducked out of the way, then hit Velvet with a kick to the stomach and took her down with a DDT. Paige stomped on Velvet several times, before pulling her to her feet and hitting a fisherman suplex. Paige made the cover and the referee counted - 1... 2... 3!

Jerry Lawler: Paige with a near fall!

Paige pulled Velvet to her feet and hit her with some more right hands, then whipped her into the corner. Paige ran at Velvet and hit her with a knee lift, then as Velvet staggered out of the corner, Paige lifted her up and hit a fallaway slam. She made the cover once more and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jim Ross: Another near fall! A dominant performance from Paige thus far!

Paige pulled Velvet to her feet and set her up for the Paige Turner, but Velvet blocked it and countered with a bulldog. Paige got to her feet and Velvet hit her with a kick to the midsection, then applied an octopus stretch! Paige cried out in pain, but she refused to submit and Velvet broke the hold. Velvet then whipped Paige into the ropes and hit her with a dropkick. Both divas got to their feet and Velvet set Paige up for the In Yo Face, but Paige blocked it and countered with a back toss. Velvet got to her feet and Paige hit multiple short-arm clotheslines, followed by a leg trap sunset flip powerbomb.

Jerry Lawler: Knight Rider!

Paige hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout! Both divas got to their feet and Paige went to grab Velvet, but Velvet ducked out of the way then hit Paige with a neckbreaker. As Paige got to her feet, Velvet went to whip her against the ropes, but Paige reversed it, sending Velvet into the ropes. Paige lifted Velvet over her shoulders and hit a Samoan drop, then applied the Paige Tap Out! Velvet cried out in pain, then submitted! The referee called for the bell and Paige broke the hold as the referee raised her arm in victory!

Jim Ross: It's over! Paige wins!

Paige celebrated, then made her way to the back, smiling as she walked through the curtain.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from a scheduled commercial break the Pepsi Center erupted as a close up of Dolph Ziggler’s face was shown. As he spoke the camera slowly zoomed out and the Denver audience saw Ziggler’s girlfriend, current Women’s Champion AJ Lee, was sitting comfortably in his lap. She didn’t look too happy however, looking at him over one shoulder, her arms crossed, her title belt perched around her waist.

Dolph Ziggler: ... Again, I keep tellin’ ya babe, it’s not my fault that Santa gave me Bellas for Christmas so you can’t blame me. I’m innocent I tell you, INNOCENT! BLAME SANTA!

He gave her a look that was so utterly “puppy dog” it was positively laughable - in fact the sound of fans’ laughter did seem to resonate in the background - but it seemed to somehow wear her down a little and AJ uncrossed her arms with a sigh. For good measure Dolph stuck his bottom lip out.

Dolph Ziggler: You can’t stay mad forever. Not at me. I mean, look at me. Look at this face. Look at this body. Look. at. this. HAIR.

He shrugged and gave a slow nod. She sighed again, resigned, and nodded along with him.

AJ Lee: You have a valid point. I do like your hair.

He gave a triumphant smile of victory and wrapped his arms around her, knocking on her title belt with his knuckles.

Dolph Ziggler: I’m proud of you, you know? See? Train with the Zig-Master and what happens? You get gold.

AJ Lee: And yet the Zig-Master himself doesn’t wear any gold. Why do you think that is?

Dolph gave a bitter scowl.

Dolph Ziggler: Because in order to get gold you have to have a title match to begin with. Have you seen me getting any of those? Nope. Meanwhile guys like Wyatt and Zayn and Crowe are getting title shots handed to them like candy out of a suspicious white van on a corner. It’s a conspiracy, AJ! It’s all one great big conspiracy! They’re scared. They’re intimidated by my Ninja-like ring prowess and dashing good looks. They know that if they ever gave me a shot at another title, any title, they know I’d win and I’d never lose it. They know that to put any kind of spotlight on me, that I’d take it off all the other champions... except you. Of course. But all that’s gonna change babe. I don’t know how, I don’t know when, but I’m gonna do something about this and 2015 is gonna be my year. Together, you and me? We’re gonna be unstoppable.

He spoke with conviction and already he had the appearance of a man hatching a plan as AJ confidently smiled up at her boyfriend and the scene slowly faded to black.

MATCH THREE

"Moonlight Sonata" by Beethoven hit and the crowd booed as the Breakout Champion, Stardust, made his way to the ring for the next match.

Jim Ross: Up next, we've got champion versus champion as Stardust takes on Sami Zayn! Last time these two superstars met, Stardust was able to get the win over the Intercontinental Champion... will he be able to do so again tonight?

After Stardust had entered the ring, "World's Apart" hit and the crowd cheered as Sami Zayn headed to the ring. As Zayn made his way down the ramp, Stardust watched him, grinning sadistically as the Intercontinental Champion moved towards the ring. When Zayn entered the ring, he and Stardust held up their respective titles, as if to taunt one another with the gold. The referee took both championships out of the ring, then called for the bell. Stardust and Zayn began exchanging right hands back and forth, and after gaining the upper hand, Stardust whipped Zayn against the ropes. Stardust went for a clothesline, but Zayn ducked out of the way, ran against the opposing set of ropes, then hit Stardust with a crossbody. Both superstars got to their feet and Zayn took Stardust down with an arm drag, before hitting a leg drop. The two superstars got to their feet once more and Zayn hit Stardust with a kick to the midsection, then set him up for a powerbomb. Stardust blocked it and countered with a back toss, then as Zayn got to his feet, Stardust grabbed him and hit a falling inverted DDT. Stardust then stomped on Zayn several times, before running against the ropes and hitting a springboard bionic elbow! Stardust made the cover and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jerry Lawler: Stardust with a near fall!

Stardust pulled Zayn to his feet and hit him with some more right hands, then whipped him towards the corner. Stardust then ran towards Zayn, but Zayn got his feet up and kicked Stardust away. As Stardust staggered backwards, Zayn tried to grab him, but Stardust evaded it, crouching down, before hitting Zayn with an uppercut. As Zayn staggered backwards he hit the ropes, and Stardust ran towards him, attempting a clothesline. Zayn ducked out the way and pulled down on the top rope, sending Stardust to the outside. Zayn then ran against the ropes and as Stardust got to his feet, Zayn suicide dived through ropes, grabbing Stardust and hitting him with a tornado DDT!

Jim Ross: Good God! What incredible athleticism from Sami Zayn!

Both superstars were down outside the ring, and the referee began counting them out. 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... at the count of 6, Zayn got to his feet. He picked Stardust up and threw him back into the ring, then climbed the turnbuckle. Zayn waited for Stardust to stand, then hit him with a missile dropkick. Both superstars got to their feet and Zayn set Stardust up for an exploder suplex, but Stardust blocked it and countered with an inverted suplex slam. As Zayn got to his feet, Stardust ran against the ropes and hit the Beautiful Disaster Kick! Stardust hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout! Stardust got to his feet and stomped on Zayn several times, then picked him up and set him up for the Dark Matter, but Zayn blocked it and countered with a DDT. As Stardust got to his feet, Zayn hit a kick to the midsection, followed by an exploder suplex into the turnbuckle. As Stardust moved out of the corner, Zayn whipped him into the opposing corner, then ran towards him and hit the Helluva Kick! Zayn hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... 3!

Jerry Lawler: It's over! Sami Zayn wins!

The referee called for the bell and raised Zayn's arm in victory. Zayn celebrated as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH FOUR

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, "F.E." by 40 Below Summer hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Syxx made his way to the ring, accompanied by Symphony.

Jim Ross: Welcome back! Still to come, our main event, but first Syxx takes on The Rock in singles action!

Jerry Lawler: Both superstars were unsuccessful in their championship matches at Christmas Eve of Destruction, and they'll be determined to regain some momentum with a victory here tonight!

Jim Ross: No doubt about that, King, it's sure to be a thrilling match up!

After Syxx had entered the ring, "Electrifying" hit and the crowd went wild as The Rock strutted to the ring. Upon entering the ring, the Great One climbed the turnbuckle and did his signature pose, before climbing down and staring across the ring at Syxx. As the referee called for the bell, Rock held out his hand, challenging Syxx to "Just Bring It!" Syxx ran at Rock and hit him with a series of punches, then went to whip him against the ropes, but Rock reversed the Irish whip, sending Syxx into the ropes. As Syxx ran back towards him, Rock took him down with a clothesline, then as Syxx got to his feet, The Rock hit him with a series of right hands. Rock then whipped Syxx into the corner and ran towards him but Syxx got his leg up and hit The Rock with a boot to the face. As Rock staggered backwards, Syxx ran towards him, but Rock hit him with a powerslam then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jerry Lawler: A strong start from The Rock!

Both men got to their feet and Rock whipped Syxx against the ropes, then went for another clothesline. This time Syxx ducked out of the way, before running against the opposing set of ropes and hitting Rock with a flying forearm smash. Both men got to their feet once more and Syxx hit a spinning heel kick, before hooking the leg. The referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jim Ross: Another near fall! This time Syxx gets a two count!

Syxx pulled The Rock to his feet and slammed his head against the nearest turnbuckle, then hit him with a series of chops in the corner. Syxx then stepped back and hit a jumping back kick, causing Rock to fall into a sitting position. Syxx ran at The Rock, hitting him with the bronco buster! As The Rock staggered out of the corner, Syxx kicked him in the gut and set him up for the X-Factor, but The Rock countered with a spinebuster! Rock then stood over Syxx, and to the crowd's delight, he signalled for the People's Elbow! Rock ran against one set of ropes, jumped over Syxx and ran against the second set of ropes... then Syxx got to his feet and hit Rock with a superkick!

Jerry Lawler: Syxx Kick!

Syxx hooked the leg once more and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout! Syxx looked frustrated at only getting a two count, and as he got to his feet he stomped on Rock several times. Syxx then pulled Rock to his feet and went to whip him against the ropes, but again Rock reversed it, then lifted Syxx over his shoulders, hitting a Samoan drop. Syxx got to his feet and Rock hit a flowing snap DDT, followed by a kip-up. The crowd cheered and The Rock grabbed Syxx by the legs, locking in the sharpshooter! Syxx cried out in pain but he was able to reach the ropes, and The Rock broke the hold. The Rock stepped back, allowing Syxx time to get to his feet, and when Syxx was up, Rock set him up for a belly-to-belly suplex. Syxx blocked it and countered with a sit-out jawbreaker, then as The Rock staggered backwards, Syxx hit him with a dropkick. The Rock got to his feet and Syxx set him up for the X-Factor once more, but again Rock broke free. This time he ducked under Syxx's arm and lifted him over his shoulder, hitting the Rock Bottom! Rock hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... 3!

Jim Ross: It's over! Tremendous back and forth action in this match, but in the end The Rock gets the victory!

As the referee called for the bell, Rock climbed the turnbuckle and raised his arm in celebration, then made his way backstage as "Electrifying" blasted through the arena.

MATCH FIVE

Jim Ross: And now it's time for our main event... Justin Gabriel and Chris Sabin will team up to take on two former EBWF World Champions, Lance Storm and Trent!

Jerry Lawler: Given the tension we saw between Gabriel and Sabin backstage earlier, this could be an interesting match-up JR!

"Hail Sabin" hit and the crowd cheered as Chris Sabin made his way to the ring. After Sabin had entered the ring, "Fear Nothing" hit and the crowd continued to cheer as Justin Gabriel headed to the ring, accompanied by Velvet Sky. There was obvious tension between Sabin and Gabriel as Gabriel entered the ring. As Gabriel and Sabin glared at one another, "99 Problems" hit and both Gabriel and Sabin turned to face the ramp as Lance Storm and Trent stepped out onto the stage, accompanied by Chris Jericho. The crowd booed as Storm, Trent and Jericho made their way down the ramp. As Trent and Storm entered the ring, Jericho walked around it, moving towards the announce table and taking a seat next to JR and The King.

Jim Ross: Well folks, joining us on commentary for our main event, we have the former interim CEO, Chris Jericho!

Chris Jericho: Let's not dwell on the past, JR. Let's focus on what I am now - the number 30 entrant in the Royal Rumble, and the man who is going to become the new World Champion at WrestleMania.

Trent and Sabin moved onto the ring apron, allowing Storm and Gabriel to start the match. The referee called for the bell and Storm and Gabriel locked up. Storm applied a headlock, but Gabriel broke free and pushed Storm into the ropes, then hit him with a dropkick. Both men got to their feet and Gabriel set Storm up for a Russian legsweep, but Storm blocked it and applied a headlock takedown. As Gabriel hit the mat, Storm got to his feet and stomped on Gabriel several times, then pulled him to his feet and hit a backbreaker. Storm then tagged in Trent, who upon entering the ring hit Gabriel with a series of punches, before whipping him into the corner. Trent ran at Gabriel and hit a springboard back elbow, causing Gabriel to staggered out of the corner before falling down to the mat.

Jerry Lawler: Impressive athleticism from Trent!

Chris Jericho: Would you expect anything less, King? Sometimes Trent reminds me of me when I was younger, that's one of the many things I like about him.

As Gabriel got to his feet, Trent hit a northern lights suplex, bridging with a pinfall attempt. The referee counted - 1... 2... kickout! Both men got to their feet and Trent hit Gabriel with some more right hands, then went to whip him against the ropes. Gabriel reversed it, sending Trent into the ropes, then hit a jumping back kick. Sabin held out his arm for the tag, but Gabriel shook his head, then ran against the ropes and hit a springboard moonsault.

Jerry Lawler: Hey Jericho, does that remind you of you when you were younger too?

Chris Jericho: Don't be ridiculous, King... that was a poor imitation of the Lionsault.

Gabriel made the cover and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout! As Gabriel got to his feet, Sabin slapped him on the back, tagging himself in. As Sabin entered the ring, Gabriel glared at him, but Velvet shouted something to Gabriel from ringside and the South African Sensation reluctantly moved onto the ring apron. Back in the ring, Sabin hit Trent with an overhead belly-to-belly suplex, then as Trent got back to his feet, Sabin went for a powerbomb. Trent countered with a frankensteiner, then got to his feet and stomped on Sabin several times. Trent pulled Sabin to his feet and dragged him towards the corner, tagging in Lance Storm. Trent held Sabin in place while Storm hit a kick to the ribs, then exited the ring as Storm hit Sabin with a jawbreaker. Sabin got to his feet and Storm hit him with a series of right hands, before whipping him into the ropes. As Sabin ran back towards him, Storm took him down with a single-leg takedown, then applied the Canadian Mapleleaf!

Chris Jericho: JR, King, this could be it! Lance Storm has the second most devastating submission hold in wrestling locked in, the Canadian Mapleleaf!

Sabin cried out in pain, but he was able to reach the ropes and the referee forced Storm to break the hold. As Storm got to his feet, he pulled Sabin away from the ropes and stomped on his back several times, before dropping a knee on Sabin's back. Storm pulled Sabin to his feet and hit a backbreaker, then tagged Trent back into the ring. Upon entering the ring, Trent applied a surfboard, putting more pressure on Sabin's back.

Jim Ross: Trent and Storm are working together here to wear Sabin down. Sabin might need to get to the corner and tag Gabriel to give himself time to recover if he wants to win this match!

Chris Jericho: That's the difference between the two teams, JR. Trent and Lance are actually teaming up for the first time tonight, but you wouldn't think so because of how united they are. They trust each other, which makes them more effect as a team. Sabin and Gabriel are too busy fighting over who gets to take home Velvet Sky... they're distracted and not on the same page. As you can see, it's working against them.

Trent released the hold and pulled a groggy Sabin to his feet, then hit a snap suplex. Sabin cried out in pain as his back slammed against the ring mat. Trent climbed to the top rope, going for a corkscrew senton... but Sabin rolled out of the way at the last second! Perhaps unable to stand, Sabin crawled towards the corner, where Gabriel had his hand stretched out for the hot tag. Sabin reached up and went to tag Gabriel in... but Gabriel moved his hand away at the last second! Gabriel then stepped down from the ring apron and began to make his way up the ramp. Velvet shouted after him, but Gabriel refused to stop or turn around. Velvet looked back at Sabin, then after hesitating for a moment, followed Gabriel up the ramp.

Chris Jericho: I told you, JR! No trust between Gabriel and Sabin! It looks like Gabriel has forced Velvet Sky to choose between him and Sabin... at least she seems to have picked him!

Jim Ross: Yeah but at what cost? Sabin is like a lamb to the slaughter!

Trent got back to his feet and stomped on Sabin some more, before pulling him to his feet and hitting a DDT. Sabin struggled to his feet once more and Trent lifted him over his shoulders, hitting the cradle back-to-belly piledriver!

Chris Jericho: Crunchy Driver! This one's over!

Trent hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1... 2... 3! The referee called for the bell and went to raise Trent's arm in victory, but Trent pushed the referee away and waited for Storm and Jericho. In a repeat of Christmas Eve of Destruction, Storm and Jericho raised Trent's arms, celebrating with him.

Jerry Lawler: An impressive performance from Trent and Lance Storm tonight!

Jim Ross: Indeed, King. If these three men can work as well together at the Royal Rumble as Trent and Storm worked together tonight, there could be no stopping them!

Trent, Storm and Jericho continued to celebrate as Warfare went off the air.