Fanniversary Results 10/30/2016

Ben M

Fanniversary Results 10/30/2016

Post by Ben M »

PRE SHOW

"Bringin Da Hood 2 U" hit and JTG made his way to the ring for the Fanniversary pre-show match. Once JTG was in the ring, "Heartz of Men" by 2Pac hit and Slyck Wagner Brown headed to the ring. When both superstars were in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Brown and JTG exchanged punches, and after gaining the upper hand, Brown whipped JTG against the ropes, before hitting a leg lariat. JTG got to his feet and Brown hit a swinging slam, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Brown pulled JTG to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then ran at him, going for a corner clothesline. JTG got his knees up and blocked it, then as Brown staggered backwards, JTG went to the top rope. He hit Brown with a diving clothesline, then as Brown got to his feet, JTG went to set him up for a neckbreaker, but Brown blocked it, countering with a neckbreaker of his own. Brown but JTG in a Texas Cloverleaf, but JTG was able to get to the ropes and the referee forced Brown to break the hold. As JTG got to his feet, Brown lifted him up, hitting a sitout choke bomb. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

MATCH ONE

Joey Styles: Welcome to Fanniversary as EBWF celebrates 15 years, right here where it all began, in St. Louis, Missouri!

Corey Graves: Kicking things off tonight, Alex Shelley makes his EBWF return against St. Louis' own, Matt Sydal!

Sydal came to the ring first, followed by Alex Shelley. Both superstars received a warm reception from the crowd. The referee called for the bell and Shelley went for a clothesline, but Sydal ducked out of the way, then hit a roundhouse kick. Shelley staggered backwards, and Sydal whipped him against the ropes, before hitting a dropkick. Both men got to their feet and Sydal set Shelley up for a cradle suplex, but Shelley blocked it, lifting Sydal up and hitting a brainbuster. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Shelley pulled Sydal to his feet and set him up for the Shellshock, but Sydal blocked it, lifting Shelley up and hitting the Gory neckbreaker.

Joey Styles: Shellshock countered with the Aftershock!

Sydal went to the top rope and hit a Shooting Sydal Press, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

MATCH TWO

Joey Styles: Up next, we've got the PTG Champion PJ Black in action as he takes on the Prizefighter, Kevin Owens!

"Fight" by CFO$ hit and the crowd cheered as Kevin Owens made his way to the ring. Once Owens had entered the ring, Obtuse by Peroxwhy?gen hit and the cheers turned to boos as PJ Black headed down the ramp. When Black was in the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two superstars locked up. Owens applied a headlock on Black, but Black fought out of it, pushing Owens into the ropes before hitting a dropkick. Both men got to their feet and Black whipped Owens into the corner, then ran at him and hit a corner forearm smash. As Owens staggered out of the corner, Black grabbed him, pulling Owens back towards the corner and climbing the turnbuckle, then hit a tornado DDT. Black hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout!

Corey Graves: A strong start by PJ Black! He's taking the fight to the Prizefighter!

Black pulled Owens to his feet and whipped him against the ropes, then ran against the opposing set of ropes and went for a running crossbody. Owens caught Black, then hit a fallaway slam. Both men got to their feet and Owens hit Black with a series of right hands, then hit a pumphandle neckbreaker. Owens ran against the ropes and hit a running senton, then covered Black. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Owens pulled Black to his feet once more and hit him with some more right hands, then whipped him against the ropes. As Black ran back towards him, Owens went for the Pop Up Powerbomb... but Black countered with a hurricanrana!

Joey Styles: Great counter by PJ Black!

Black hit a standing moonsault, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Black got to his feet and stomped on Owens several times, before pulling him to his feet and hitting a spin-out powerbomb. Black went to the top rope, and hit the 450 Splash! He hooked the leg once more – 1... 2... 3!

Corey Graves: It's over! An impressive performance and another victory for PJ Black!

The referee called for the bell and raised Black's arm in victory. Black celebrated in the ring, then made his way to the back.

MATCH THREE

Joey Styles: Up next, we've got a fatal four way match to determine the new number one contender for the EBWF Women's Championship!

Eva Marie made her way to the ring first, followed by Velvet Sky, Natalya and the former Women's Champion, Alexa Bliss. Alexa was accompanied by Gionna Daddio. When all four women were in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Alexa went after Eva, while Natalya locked up with Velvet. Alexa took Eva down with a clothesline, then stomped on her several times, before throwing her out of the ring. Meanwhile, across the ring, Natalya put Velvet in a headlock, then transitioned it into a neckbreaker. Natalya then turned her attention to Alexa, who challenged the Anvilette to come at her. Natalya grabbed Alexa and went to whip her against the ropes, but Alexa reversed the Irish whip, sending Natalya into the ropes before taking her down with an arm drag. Alexa followed it up with the Glitz Flip, then covered Natalya. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! As Alexa got to her feet, Eva Marie reached under the bottom rope and grabbed Alexa by the leg, pulling her out of the ring. She threw Alexa into the ringside barrier and re-entered the ring, going after Natalya. She went to hit Natalya with a snapmare, but Natalya blocked it, countering with a reverse DDT. She then hit Eva with the Michinoku Driver, before hooking the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Velvet interrupted the count.

Corey Graves: Natalya could have had a three count right there if it wasn't for Velvet Sky!

Velvet whipped Natalya into the corner, then ran at her, hitting a corner dropkick. As Velvet got to her feet, Eva went after her, going for a big boot, but Velvet ducked out of the way, grabbing Eva from behind and lifting her up for a back drop. Alexa Bliss then re-entered the ring and she immediately went after Velvet, taking her down with a chokehold STO before applying the keylock. Velvet was able to get to the ropes, and the referee forced Alexa to break the hold. As Alexa got to her feet, Natalya grabbed her and hit a double underhook suplex, then attacked Velvet Sky, whipping Velvet against the ropes before taking her down with a powerslam. Eva then went after Natalya, setting her up for the Sliced Red #2, but Natalya countered it, shoving Eva into the turnbuckle before hitting a German suplex. Natalya grabbed Eva by the legs, locking in the Sharpshooter! Alexa tried to break it up, but before she could get there, Eva Marie tapped out. Natalya quickly rolled out of the ring and celebrated her victory as she made her way up the ramp.

Corey Graves: The Queen of Harts is the new number one contender... congratulations Nattie!

MATCH FOUR

Corey Graves: Next up we have one of the oddest matches on this card! Baron Corbin versus Jimmy Havoc! A two fall match! First fall wins the EBWF Breakout Championship and the Second, wins the EBWF Intercontinental Championship!

Joey Styles: You can say weird again Corey, it seems Havoc suckered in Baron for this match deeming him unworthy if the IC Title! Either way, it's going to be settled... right now!

“The Broken” by Lit blasted throughout the Arena as Baron Corbin made his way out to the ring. He did his usual pose, albeit a little hesitant and then waited in the corner with his gaze fixed on the ramp way. Silence filled the arena as everyone waited for Havoc to appear. “The Broken” by Lit finally hit and Havoc made his way onto the stage with his Breakout Championship in hand draped by his side. He got in the ring to a chorus of boos whilst he and Baron locked eyes. Both men nodded to each other as they handed their respective championship belts to the referee. The referee held them aloft to the camera, rang the bell and signalled for the match to start. The match started with heavy blows from Corbin right out of the gate, be backed Havoc right up to the corner turnbuckle and began raining heavy blows onto Havocs chest and face and backed away to gloat to the crowd. He turned back to meet Havoc charging at him but he reversed it into the Deep Six!

Corey Graves: Deep Six! This could be all over already!

1...2... kickout!

Joey Styles: Corbin has been relentless so far! Havoc stays in it though!

Corbin began to pick up Havoc when Havoc reversed it into a chinlock takedown and applied the chinlock in tight. He stayed this way until Corbin started to show signs of breaking out, Havoc released the hold and dropped an elbow on Corbin, flipped him over and applied a bow and arrow submission move.

Joey Styles: Wow! We’re seeing a more technical side to Jimmy Havoc tonight!

Corey Graves: You’re right Joey, he’s trying to wear the big man down and I can't fault him for that!

Corbin broke out of the hold before long and the two men stared at each other once more. Corbin motioned to say “not bad” and Havoc mockingly bowed to Corbin. Corbin motioned Havoc to say “shall we just fight?” and Havoc nodded prompting both men to swing wildly at each other in the middle of the ring.

Corey Graves: Two men just throwing bombs! I'm not sure Havoc can keep up!

Both men were still throwing bombs at each other until Corbin pushed Havoc into the ropes and Havoc bounced back hitting a chop block to the front of the knee to Corbin. Havoc got up and signalled the end of the match. He climbed to the top rope and motioned to the crowd to keep booing, which they did. However, he appeared to pander a bit to much as he was met by Corbin on the top rope.

Joey Styles: Both men on the top rope now! This can't be good!

Both men struggled for the dominant position on the top rope until Havoc tried an STO off the top tope which Corbin caught, Havoc's legs swung freely as Baron had gripped his neck and body.

Corey Graves: No! He can't be!

Joey Styles: SUPER END OF DAYS! OFF THE TOP ROPE! BOTH MEN DOWN! CORBIN CRAWLS FOR THE COVER!

1... 2... 3!

Christy Hemme: The winner of the first fall and your NEWWWWW EBWF BREAKOUT CHAMPION! BARON CORBIN!

Corey Graves: Corbin has won the first fall! What a move off the top rope, I havent seen anything like it!

Joey Styles: We certainly didn't see it coming! Havoc didn't see it coming! Speaking of Havoc... he hasn't moved since he dropped to the mat.

The referee threw up the X to signal to the medical staff as they came running down the ramp. EMTs checked on Havoc for a solid few minutes. Corbin was still celebrating at this point and noticed Havoc still lying there. He walked over to Havoc and attempted to pick the man up. The referee turned his back to signal that Havoc was going to continue and as Corbin picked Havoc up...

Corey Graves: HAVOC HITS CORBIN WITH A LOW BLOW! CORBIN IS HURTING RIGHT NOW!

Joey Styles: He wasn't hurt at all!

Havoc turned Corbin around, locked the wrist... ACID RAINMAKER! He picked Corbin up again, locked the wrist... A SECOND ACID RAINMAKER!

Havoc covered Corbin and the referee counted - 1... 2... 3!

Christy Hemme: Winner of the second fall and NEWWWWW EBWF Intercontinental Champion! Jimmy Havoc!

Jimmy Havoc escaped the ring and clutched onto the IC title as he made his way up the ramp he saw Baron staring him down and Havoc shrugged.

Jimmy Havoc: What's the one main thing I taught you? Do what you must! Sorry!

Joey Styles: Havoc can't even have a fair match against his brethren!

Corey Graves: I hate to side with a lunatic like Jimmy Havoc but, he’s right. You gotta do what you gotta do!

The scene faded to black as it cut to commercial.

SEGMENT

Fanniversary rolled on with the fans still buzzing from the result of the previous match. The cameras turned to Corey Graves and Joey Styles who were all smiles as they were given the signal to speak as the fans focused on them on the tron.

Joey Styles: Ladies and gentlemen, coming up next we have an incredible… what the?

Corey Graves: What’s going on?

Fans and EBWF personnel that were visible on screen were left confused as the arena lights dimmed a little, and the tron also went dark. The cameras continued to focus on it as everyone was wondering what was going on but eventually, fans were given some context as the words ‘Live’ were flashing in the bottom corner. It looked as if the EBWF cameras were on a roof, looking up into a dark sky with loud chopper noises being heard as it descended, becoming more visible as it landed.

Corey Graves: I think… I think that cameraman is on the roof of the EBWF Headquarters. What the hell is going on over there?

Joey Styles: It sounds like somebody is coming into the Headquarters, could it be the boss?

Corey Graves: Well it’s obviously important, Joey, and they obviously want us all to see who it is, maybe he has a message for us all, maybe he’ll announce your release in front of everybody here tonight if we’re lucky.

The camera followed the helicopter down as it landed on the helipad, almost running towards it to catch a glimpse of who was getting out. The loud noises eventually stopped and the door on the opposite side flew open, as the person inside jumped out onto both feet and dusted himself off. He slowly walked around towards the camera, which was focused on the ground before his brown, leather shoes came into shot. Slowly, the camera started to pan upwards as the dark blue, fitted suit was shown before slowly showing the face of the man arriving at HQ, smiling as he looked at his surroundings which led to an almighty cheer from the fans in attendance.

Joey Styles: Wha… that… THAT’S BOBBY ROODE! What the hell is he doing at the EBWF Headquarters?!

Corey Graves: Who cares why?! He’s here, that’s all that matters, just shut up and take it all in, appreciate the fact that he’s graced the company with his presence!

It didn’t take long for the Bobby Roode chants to echo inside of the arena, as he looked into the camera and started to walk away with the cameraman following him, as he addressed the EBWF Universe.

Bobby Roode: I know what you’re all thinking, ‘what is he doing here?’ You should be lucky that you finally got to see someone worthwhile tonight for a change, even if it is for a few moments and I can assure you, after seeing me, the rest of your night at Fanniversary will be… underwhelming. Right now, I’m on my way to see the EBWF chairman, we have some things to discuss further after being in talks for a little while now, bet you internet smarks didn’t spoil that one, did you? The fact of the matter is, as of midnight tonight, I’m a free man. That means no bookings, no contracts, no commitments. I am free to go wherever I want. It just so happens, I felt this place needed a change, it needed a presence like mine because over these past few years this event in particular has lacked a little something, and I’m here to give it to you…you’re welcome in advance.

An assistant started to guide Bobby further towards the doors as the cameraman did his best to keep up with them both.

Bobby Roode: No, it’s not a ruse. I’m not going to surprise you people by walking through those curtains in a few seconds. I’m going to walk through these doors and sit down with the chairman and sign a contract with so many zeros on it that it’s a number half of you in that audience can even comprehend. Then… I’ll take my time. Take some well-deserved time off and let you wait, let all of you wait and let it sink in that you didn’t realise that you NEEDED Bobby Roode until now. Then when you’re begging, waiting, questioning, arguing, “just where is Bobby Roode to save us all… just when will he arrive and grace us with his presence?!”… I’ll be there in the ring. I know, I’m not that far from you all and if I wanted to, I could get there in minutes with the chopper the man paid for, but, well… I just don’t want to. It’s been a long time coming, but it’s the perfect time to finally come back and give you what you deserve! Me! Be ready, I can arrive there when you least expect it… this company is about to get a little more… glorious.

Bobby stared into the camera and gave a quick smirk as he walked through the doors and shut it behind him, putting the company on notice that after midnight, he was going to become an official EBWF superstar after meeting with Wes Ikeda.

Joey Styles: Wow… well there you have it ladies and gentlemen, it looks like the EBWF will be signing its latest superstar… Bobby Roode!

Corey Graves: And you heard it from the man himself, he’s about to make this company a little more glorious! I can’t wait!

MATCH FIVE

After airing a promotional package for the match, the camera panned the crowd as the music began to play in the arena.

"Go back to sleep!"

The crowd was on their feet as Randy Orton made his way down to the ring, casually looking out towards the crowd.

Joey Styles: Last time we were supposed to see Randy Orton, he was scheduled for an interview to discuss his losing effort against PJ Black for the Path to Glory Championship. When the cameras finally got back there, Randy was nowhere to be found and the person scheduled to interview him was found assaulted.

Corey Graves: Our correspondent was blindsided and never got a good look at the guy. Of course, there's no way to prove that it was Randy, but I've got to say it's awfully convenient that he wasn't anywhere to be found.

Randy mounted the turnbuckle and threw his signature taunt into the air, soaking in the reactions of the crowd before leaning back on the turnbuckle and waiting for his opponent.

Joey Styles: Randy Orton and Sami Zayn are two guys that will benefit from this victory, giving them the opportunity to move towards a title shot in the future.

Corey Graves: That's right, it's all about momentum in this business. Sami Zayn's got an impressive victory against Roman Reigns, and a win over Randy Orton would put him in a prime place for a shot at some gold here in EBWF.

Randy cocked his head as his music faded, waiting for Sami Zayn to arrive. The crowd cheered as "Worlds Apart" by CFO$ blasted its upbeat tempo throughout the arena. 60 full seconds of Zayn's catchy entrance theme played as the crowd waited patiently for Zayn to appear from behind the curtain.

Joey Styles: Not sure if there's a delay, but we have yet to see Sami show up.

The tron switched from Sami's video package to a frantic camera that was rushing to a locker room location backstage. Three EBWF trainers were surrounding someone who was on the floor.

One trainer moved out of the way, which revealed that it was Sami on the ground, motionless.

Joey Styles: Oh my God! It's Sami! What happened?

Corey Graves: We were scheduled to have a match between Randy Orton and Sami Zayn, but I'm not sure that's going to happen at this point.

The trainers continued checking on Sami and attempting to move him.

Joey Styles: Ladies and gentlemen, it looks like we're not going to have a match tonight between Orton and Zayn. We can only hope Sami is okay.

Corey Graves: Yeah, well the pieces seem to be falling into place. How convenient that Randy is out here waiting for a match when Sami is laying motionless backstage. It certainly seems suspicious.

The ref talked to Randy and Randy shook his head as he exited the ring. The scene faded to a video package for the next match.

MATCH SIX

A video promo was shown of the rise and fall of Riley and Miz's relationship. As well as the provisions for this match: If Riley won, Miz would have to be his manager for a year; if Miz won, Riley would be out of a job. The stage was set. The crowd was ready.

"AWEEEEEESOMEEEEEEEE" followed by "I Came To Play" by Downstait was heard as The Miz confidently strutted to the ring and the crowd booed him out of the building.

Corey Graves: Well here comes The Miz – looking - well the same as always... confident.

Joey Styles: Why wouldn't he be? He's about to send Alex Riley to the unemployment line!

The Miz entered the ring, going through his normal trademark entrance. His music hit, and an "Alex Riley" chant started booming throughout the building. Miz squinted at the crowd and mouthed "will be fired" after each "Alex Riley. All of a sudden the instrumental of Skillet's "Awake and Alive" hit, and Alex Riley came out mocking The Miz-Vertex entrance. Miz looked unimpressed as the crowd was popping for A-Ri as he made his way down the ramp.

Corey Graves: Already some mind games here for A-Ri.

Joey Styles: He's gotta have butterflies though, he knows what's at stake.

Alex made his way into the ring and the two men immediately began talking trash to each other. The referee split them apart, and rang the bell.

Corey Graves: Here we go.

Predictably both men charged at each other, and began throwing lefts and rights wildly, before they once again broke apart. This time they locked up, and Miz got the advantage with a side headlock. He shoved Riley off the ropes, and on the rebound, Riley dropped him with a shoulder block, which got a big pop from the crowd. Miz was back to his feet, and went for a test of strength. Riley mouthed "You serious?" and went for the bait as he raised his arm to accept the challenge, Miz kicked him square in the gut, and dropped him with a DDT earning a two count.

Corey Graves: Alex - showing some inexperience there.

Joey Styles: Not many smarter than The Miz.

The Miz was in control, as he picked up A-Ri by the head and tossed him into the corner. He hit two stiff left hands, then backed up looking for his corner clothesline. Miz charged at A-Ri, but it was clear Alex was ready as he exploded out of the corner, and hit miss with a vicious flying elbow. He went for the cover and earned a two count- the crowd cheered, as A-Ri popped up and waved his arms to get them into the match. Miz was back up though, as A-Ri's play to the crowd gave him time to quickly recover. When A-Ri turned around it was right into a vicious back breaker by the former EBWF Champion. Miz went for a cover and earned himself a near fall.

Joey Styles: You have to keep your eye on The Miz!

The Miz complained to the ref that it was three, but the ref firmly held up two fingers. Miz went back on the attack picking Alex up. Miz hit a stiff left that brought a "BOO" from the crowd... then another... "BOO" on the third one, Alex blocked it - which incited a "YEAH" then another... "YEAH" another... "YEAH" Finally A-RI hit a forth that knocked Miz off of his feet. Miz popped back up dazed, and Alex clotheslined him over the tope rope to the floor below. The crowd was pumped, as was Alex Riley. Miz tried to regain his composure on the outside, but Alex wasted little time. He ran the ropes opposite the Miz and dove through the second rope trying to hit Miz with a flying cross body, but Miz wisely moved and sent A-Ri face first into the barricade on the outside. Miz wasted no time, grabbing Alex and rolling him back into the ring. He picked up an injured Riley and went for a Skull Crushing Finale, but Riley was able to wriggle away. Miz turned into Riley who then dropped Miz with a Samoan drop! Riley went for the cover, and earned a near fall! You could tell Riley thought as though that move would have put Miz away.

Corey Graves: A-Ri more than holding his own here!

Joey Styles: Just wait!

Both men were back up again, and A-Ri went for a hammerlock, but Miz reversed it, and planted Riley out of nowhere with the Skull Crushing Finale. He was unable to make the cover right away, as both men were exhausted.

Joey Styles: What did I tell you! Cover him Miz!

Finally, Miz was able to get a cover on Riley. The referee counted 1... 2... NO! Riley kicked out at TWO! The fans were going nuts as Miz couldn't believe it. He was up quickly now in the referees face. The referee was adamant that Miz had only earned himself a two count. While this was going on Riley slowly made his way to his feet. He was able to get behind Miz, and rolled him up. The crowd was going nuts as Miz did not see this coming. The crowd and the ref counted 1... 2... NO! Miz kicked out.

Corey Graves: Almost had him there partner, would have seen Manager Miz for a whole year.

Joey Styles: Will never happen!

Alex Riley was back up, as was The Miz. The two men locked up once more, A-Ri caught Miz with a knee to the midsection. While Miz was slumped over Riley went for a hip toss, but Miz blocked it. He went for another SCF, but Riley shrugged him off sending Miz into the ropes. On the rebound Riley caught Miz with a TKO! The crowd lost their minds, as Riley went for a quick cover hooking both legs. The crowd and the ref counted once again... 1... 2... 3!!!!! The bell rang and Riley's normal theme music hit!

Corey Graves: HE DID IT! HE DID IT! ALEX RILEY HAS PINNED THE MIZ!!!

Joey Styles: Wha.. I...

Corey Graves: THE MIZ IS GOING TO BE ALEX RILEY'S MANAGER FOR AN ENTIRE CALENDAR YEAR!

Alex Riley was quickly to his feet, and the crowd was popping huge as he celebrated. The Miz was slowly coming to, and the look on his face said it all. He was realizing that he was going to have to be A-Ri's errand boy for the next 12 months!

Corey Graves: Alex Riley has done it! UNBELIEVABLE! I love Fanniversary!

Riley was now back pedaling up the ramp, smiling and talking trash to his new manager. Miz had a look on his face like he was going to be sick. Fanniversary went to a promo for the next match.

MATCH SEVEN

Joey Styles: What a night this has been so far! Still to come, AJ Styles defends the EBWF World Title against Chris Jericho in a sixty minute Iron Man match. Up first though, Carmella challenges Sasha Banks for the EBWF Women's Championship!

Corey Graves: The Princess of Staten Island versus The Boss... I can't wait for this one, Joey!

"Fabulous" by CFO$ hit the sound system and the crowd got on their feet for the one and only...

"It’s Caarrmeeelllaaaaa."

The volume to her theme turned down a notch as she came moonwalking out from the curtain to the arena and spoke to the crowd.

Carmella: The Princess of Staten Island is here, St. Louis. I am the moon walkin’, smackin’ talkin’, most fab-u-lous chick there is to be, in the ring and on any scene! How you doin’?

The crowd echoed her question right back at her.

Carmella: I am just fabulous, thank you. I am 3 and oh and baby. Ain’t nothin’ gonna stop me from gettin’ to four. People are aaaalways tellin’ me, “Carmella, don’t count your chickens before they hatch”. And you know what I say to them? Make like an egg and scramble yaself out my face! I don’t have time for the negativity.

Cheers went throughout the arena and the fabulous diva was soaking it up.

Carmella: Mhmm, that’s right. Let me jump the gun here by sayin’ tonight, you meet a new champion. I’ll whistle through this match faster than a bullet in the sky, and my girl Sasha? She’ll be seeing me wave bye bye, walking right back up this ramp to the back with her belt, and let me tell you somethin’ else... It’s gonna be faaaab-u-lous.

Carmella did her hip swing on each syllable of the word. The crowd continued to cheer not only for Carmella, but for the person running up behind her down the ramp.

Carmella: That scrappy-face, purple-headed bobblehead--

Sasha Banks took Carmella down with a hit from the Women’s Championship to the back of her head. Carmella’s snapback flew off and Sasha picked it up and put it on her head, mocking her. Banks picked up the microphone Carmella was using moments ago to say a few words.

Sasha Banks: Look boo boo, the only three count that’s gonna matter tonight is when your hand hits the mat after tapping out. And let me tell you somethin’... THAT’s fabulous! Tuh.

Sasha dropped the mic and threw the snapback onto Carmella’s body as she laid on the ground.

Corey Graves: Carmella has been taken out, and the match hasn't even started yet!

Sasha stood over the fallen Carmella, holding her Women's Title up in the air. The referee and the timekeeper made their way up the ramp, helping Carmella to her feet. Sasha grabbed Carmella and threw her into the ring, then entered the ring herself, ordering the referee to start the match.

Joey Styles: Sasha wants the referee to ring the bell! Surely Carmella isn't fit to compete?

Corey Graves: If she can’t compete, Joey, Sasha wins via forfeit!

The referee asked Carmella if she was able to compete... and the crowd cheered as she nodded her head! Carmella got to her feet and the referee called for the bell. Sasha immediately went on the offensive, grabbing Carmella and hitting the Bankrupt! She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Carmella kicked out!

Joey Styles: I don't believe it! Carmella kicked out!

Corey Graves: She's still got some fight left in her, Joey!

Even Sasha looked surprised as Carmella got her shoulder up. She pulled Carmella to her feet and whipped her into the corner, then ran at her, hitting a high knee. Carmella staggered out of the corner and Sasha took her down with a bulldog, then applied an STF. Carmella cried out in pain, but she was able to get to the ropes and the referee forced Sasha to break the hold. Carmella used the ropes to pull herself up, and when she was on her feet Sasha hit a clothesline, sending Carmella over the top rope. Sasha followed Carmella out of the ring and threw her into the ringside barrier, then stomped on her several times. She pulled Carmella to her feet and threw her back into the ring, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... again Carmella kicked out!

Corey Graves: The Princess of Staten Island will not quit! Unbelievable, Joey!

Sasha pulled Carmella to his feet once more, this time hitting a suplex. She climbed to the top rope and went for a frog splash... but Carmella rolled out of the way! Sasha hit the mat and Carmella wrapped her legs around Sasha's neck, applying the Code of Silence! Sasha couldn't get to the ropes, but she was able to break out of the hold, and as both women got to their feet Sasha whipped Carmella against the ropes. As Carmella ran back towards her, Sasha went for an arm drag, but Carmella blocked it, countering with a reverse DDT. She hooked the leg – 1... 2... Sasha kicked out! Carmella pulled Sasha to her feet and set her up for a reverse STO, but Sasha blocked it and shoved Carmella away, then hit a roundhouse kick. Carmella staggered backwards and Sasha ran at her, taking her down with a Thesz press before punching her against the mat several times. She pulled Carmella to her feet and hit a double knee backbreaker, rolling Carmella over into the Bank Statement!

Joey Styles: Sasha has the Bank Statement locked in! This could be it!

Sasha had Carmella in the center of the ring, and the Princess of Staten Island was unable to break out of the hold or get to the ropes. She tapped out and the referee called for the bell. Sasha broke the hold and got to her feet, smirking as the referee handed her the title and raised her arm in victory.

Corey Graves: Sasha retains the title!

Joey Styles: After what happened before the match, Corey, Carmella never really stood a chance!

Sasha celebrated, then made her way backstage as Carmella recovered in the ring.

MATCH EIGHT

Joey Styles: Up next, it's time for our main event. For the first time in years, EBWF will see an Iron Man match as AJ Styles defends the World Title against the nine-time World Champion, Chris Jericho!

Corey Graves: Sixty minutes of action between two of the greatest wrestlers in the EBWF today... I can hardly wait, Joey. And with the prospect of Jericho becoming the first ever ten-time EBWF World Champion, so much is at stake tonight. We could see history being made!

"Break the Walls Down" hit, and the crowd booed as Jericho made his way to the ring. Jericho cut a promo in the ring, then awaited the arrival of his opponent. "Phenomenal" by CFO$ hit and the crowd cheered as AJ Styles stepped out onto the stage. Standing at the top of the ramp, Styles pointed to his waist, then pointed to his face and mouthed the words "it's mine", signifying where the EBWF World Title should be. Styles walked down the ramp, and as he entered the ring, Jericho handed the championship to the referee. Christy Hemme introduced both superstars, and the referee held the title in the air, then called for the bell. AJ wasted no time getting started, charging at Jericho and hitting him with a series of right hands. Styles then whipped Jericho against the ropes, before taking him down with a shoulder block. As Jericho was getting to his feet, Styles ran against the ropes, then went for a clothesline, but Jericho ducked out of the way, before taking Styles down with an arm drag. Styles got back to his feet and hit Jericho with an arm drag of his own, before stomping on him several times. Styles pulled Jericho to his feet, but Jericho pushed him away, then hit a series of backhand chops. Jericho hit a double underhook backbreaker, then went for the Walls of Jericho, but Styles wrapped his legs around Jericho's neck and pushed himself up with his hands, before hitting a headscissors takedown.

Joey Styles: Incredible athleticism there by AJ Styles! Both of this men are going full speed in these early stages.

Corey Graves: It will be interesting to see how Jericho and Styles adapt their ring styles as the match goes on, Joey. There's no way they can keep up this pace for a whole hour!

Both men got to their feet and Styles whipped Jericho against the ropes, but Jericho grabbed the ropes, stopping himself. Styles ran at Jericho, clotheslining him over the top rope, then went for a springboard crossbody. Jericho was ready for AJ, and as the Phenomenal One jumped over the top rope, Jericho hit him with a dropkick.

Joey Styles: What a counter!

Both men were down outside the ring, and the referee began counting them out. As the referee reached the count of four, Jericho pulled Styles to his feet, throwing him back into the ring then slamming his head against the mat. Jericho then climbed onto the ring apron, reaching through the ropes and hitting Styles with a neckbreaker, slamming AJ's head against the second rope! Styles clutched his head in pain and Jericho rolled back into the ring, hitting a knee drop on Styles before hooking the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Jericho sat Styles up, applying a sleeper hold. Styles got to his feet and hit Jericho with a series of punches, forcing Jericho to break the hold. Jericho fought back with some right hands of his own, but Styles responded with a series of kicks, eventually hitting Jericho with an enzuigiri. Jericho staggered backwards, and Styles whipped him against the ropes, then hit a dropkick. Both men got to their feet and Styles lifted Jericho over his shoulders, going for the fireman's carry neckbreaker, but Jericho landed on his feet and grabbed Styles by the legs, taking him down and locking in the Walls of Jericho! Styles cried out in pain, but he was able to get to the ropes, and the referee forced Jericho to break the hold.

Corey Graves: Jericho close to getting the first fall there!

Joey Styles: We are now ten minutes into this match, there are still fifth minutes left before we'll know which of these men is leaving St. Louis as the EBWF World Champion!

As Styles got to his feet, Jericho ran at him, but Styles reacted quickly, hitting Jericho with a back elbow smash. Styles then used the ropes to springboard over Jericho, hitting an inverted DDT. Styles hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Styles pulled Jericho to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then sat him on the top rope, setting him up for a superplex. Jericho fought back, knocking Styles off the ropes, then hit a diving crossbody. He pulled Styles away from the ropes, then went for the Walls of Jericho, but before Jericho could lock it in, Styles transitioned it into the Calf Crusher! Jericho couldn't get to the ropes, and he tapped out!

Corey Graves: I don't believe it! AJ Styles just made Jericho submit!

Joey Styles: We're just under 15 minutes into this match, and AJ Styles is up 1-0.

Corey Graves: Maybe Jericho is playing the long game, Joey. He couldn't get to the ropes, so he decided it was better to tap out before AJ could do any more damage. He's still got plenty of time to turn things around.

Joey Styles: Maybe so, but right now AJ Styles has the advantage. A draw means AJ retains the title, so Jericho needs at least two falls.

Styles broke the hold, and Jericho gave Jericho a moment to recover before restarting the match. When Jericho was on his feet, Styles ran at Jericho, but Jericho hit a kick to the midsection, then took him down with a one-handed bulldog. Jericho ran against the ropes and hit the Lionsault! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Styles kicked out! Jericho punched Styles against the mat several times, then pulled him to his feet, setting him up for the Styles Clash! The crowd booed as Jericho for trying to use AJ's own move against him, but as Jericho went to lift Styles up, Styles broke free, rolling Jericho up. The referee counted – 1... 2... Jericho kicked out! Both men got to their feet, and exchanged right hands back and forth. Styles gained the upper hand, then hit Jericho with a snap suplex. Both men got to their feet once more and Styles went to whip Jericho against the ropes, but Jericho reversed the Irish whip, sending Styles into the ropes. As Styles ran back towards him, Jericho hit a back body drop. Styles rolled out of the ring, and Jericho hit him with a baseball slide, then followed Styles out of the ring and threw him into the ringside barrier. Styles fell to the ground and Jericho hit a low dropkick, slamming AJ's head into the ringside barrier once more. Jericho re-entered the ring, trying to get Styles counted out. As the referee reached the count of 6, Styles got to his feet, and rolled back into the ring as the referee counted 7. Jericho stomped on Styles repeatedly, trying to keep him grounded, then hit another knee drop before pulling Styles to his feet and hitting a double powerbomb. He covered Styles once more – 1... 2... kickout! Jericho looked frustrated at only getting a two count, and he shouted at Styles, calling him a stupid idiot. Styles got to his feet and Jericho ran at him, going for a clothesline, but Styles ducked out of the way, then hit the Pele Kick! Jericho fell to the mat and Styles grabbed him by the legs, going for the Walls of Jericho! Jericho rolled Styles up in a small package, but Styles kicked out at 2. As Styles got to his feet, Jericho hit a low blow, but the referee never saw it! The crowd booed, and Jericho hit a Codebreaker, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Corey Graves: Just over twenty minutes gone now, and Jericho ties it up at 1-1!

Joey Styles: Yeah, thanks to some underhanded tactics!

Corey Graves: Don't hate the player, Joey, hate the game!

As Styles got to his feet, the referee restarted the match. Jericho grabbed him from behind, setting him up for a German suplex, but Styles got behind Jericho, lifting him up for a back drop then transitioning it into a belly-to-back facebuster. Styles rolled Jericho over and hooked the leg – 1... 2... kickout! Both men got to their feet and Jericho hit Styles with a forearm smash, then whipped him into the corner. Jericho ran at Styles and hit a corner clothesline, then sat him up on the top turnbuckle. Jericho climbed the ropes, going for the hurricanrana, but Styles hit Jericho with a stiff right hand, knocking him off the ropes. As Jericho staggered backwards, Styles climbed down onto the ring apron, getting into position for the Phenomenal Forearm, but Jericho hit a springboard dropkick, sending Styles to the outside. Jericho followed Styles out of the ring, and hit a suplex on the ramp! Styles cried out in pain, and Jericho re-entered the ring.

Joey Styles: Jericho is trying to get Styles counted out once more... this seems to be part of his strategy in this match.

Corey Graves: It's a clever strategy, Joey, because it gives Jericho time to rest while the referee counts out AJ. He knows what he's doing!

As the referee reached the count of 7, Styles got to his feet and went to re-enter the ring. Jericho went for another baseball slide, but this time Styles moved out of the way. He pulled Jericho out of the ring, then slammed his head against the ring post. Jericho looked dazed, and Styles took him down with a discus clothesline. This time Styles re-entered the ring, trying to get Jericho counted out, but Jericho got back into the ring at the count of 5. Styles whipped him into the corner, and sat Jericho on the ropes. This time Styles went for a top rope hurricanrana, but as he got his legs over Jericho's shoulders, Jericho grabbed both legs and jumped down from the turnbuckle, slamming AJ's head against the mat as he did so. Jericho kept hold of the legs, dragging Styles towards the center of the ring, then applied the Walls of Jericho!

Corey Graves: Jericho has the Walls locked in once again, and this time AJ is nowhere near the ropes!

Styles cried out in pain, but he refused to submit. Jericho increased the pressure, bringing his knee down onto AJ's back, transitioning the Walls of Jericho into the Lion Tamer! Styles was unable to escape the hold, and he reluctantly tapped out. The referee called for the bell, but Jericho refused to break the hold! It was only when the referee threatened to disqualify Jericho that the former World Champion broke the hold.

Joey Styles: We're just over halfway through this Iron Man match now, and Jericho is up 2-1. Jericho is trying every trick he knows to get the advantage over AJ Styles.

Corey Graves: You don't sound like you're impressed, Joey... like I keep saying though, this is very clever from Chris Jericho. Look how much pain Styles is in! He said he was going to break AJ Styles in this match, and the way things are going, he might just do that.

Styles got to his feet and Jericho continued to go on the offensive, hitting Styles with a snap suplex. Jericho went for the Walls of Jericho again, but Styles kicked him away and got to his feet. Jericho ran at Styles, but Styles hit him with a dropkick, then as both men got to their feet, Styles hit a leaping clothesline. Styles and Jericho got to their feet once more, and Styles whipped Jericho into the corner, then ran at Jericho, going for the corner clothesline. Jericho got his foot up and hit Styles with a boot to the face, then as Styles staggered backwards, Jericho went to the top rope. He went for a diving double axe handle, but Styles rolled out of the way, then hit Jericho with a brainbuster. Styles moved onto the ring apron, hitting a springboard 450 splash. He made the cover and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Styles pulled Jericho to his feet and set him up for a single underhook DDT, but Jericho blocked it, then countered with a northern lights suplex. He covered Styles and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout!

Joey Styles: Another near fall! Both men are giving it their all as we pass the 35 minute mark!

Both men got to their feet, and Jericho locked in a headlock. Styles broke out of it, pushing Jericho against the ropes, before hitting an arm drag. Jericho got to his feet and Styles hit him with a swinging neckbreaker, then turned Jericho over and applied the Muta Lock! Jericho cried out in pain, but he was able to get to the ropes. This time, AJ refused to break the hold! The referee threatened to disqualify Styles, then began counting – at the count of 4, AJ broke the hold. Styles could be heard telling Jericho, "two can play at that game", then he punched Jericho against the mat several times. He pulled Jericho to his feet and dragged him towards the corner, slamming his head against the turnbuckle. Styles punched Jericho repeatedly in the corner, then whipped him against the ropes, before hitting a spinning heel kick. As Jericho sat up, Styles ran towards him, hitting a sliding forearm smash. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Styles pulled Jericho to his feet, but Jericho pushed him away, then hit an enzuigiri. Jericho grabbed Styles from behind, lifting him up for a tiger suplex... but Styles managed to land on his feet behind Jericho! Jericho turned to face him and Styles hit a kick to the midsection, before hitting the Styles Clash! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Corey Graves: Styles ties it up again at 2-2!

Joey Styles: Just twenty minutes left in this match now, Corey... the next fall could be crucial!

Styles and Jericho both got to their feet, and the referee restarted the match. Both men were visibly tiring and Jericho locked up with Styles, setting him up for a dragon sleeper. Styles fought out of it, then hit Jericho with a superkick! Jericho rolled out of the ring, and Styles springboarded over the top rope, hitting Jericho with a crossbody. Styles pulled Jericho to his feet and threw him into the ring steps, then grabbed him once more, setting him up for a DDT on the outside. Jericho pushed Styles into the ring apron, and Styles cried out in pain as his back slammed against the edge of the ring. Jericho then slammed AJ's head against the steel steps, before throwing him back into the ring. Jericho re-entered the ring and set Styles up for a double underhook powerbomb, but as he lifted Styles up, Styles countered with a hurricanrana. Styles did a kip-up, and the crowd cheered. Jericho got to his feet and Styles set him up for another Styles Clash, but Jericho fought out of it, then got behind Styles and hit a tiger suplex. Jericho bridged it, and with both of AJ's shoulders on the mat, the referee began counting. 1... 2... Styles kicked out! As Styles was getting to his feet, Jericho ran against the ropes, going for a one-handed bulldog. Styles countered it, throwing Jericho into the corner. Jericho's feet landed between the ropes, and Styles climbed onto the turnbuckle, pulling Jericho up with him. Styles hit a sunset flip powerbomb, hooking both legs. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout!

Joey Styles: Oh my god! I thought that was another three count for sure!

Styles pulled Jericho away from the ropes, and went to apply the Calf Crusher, but before he could lock it in Jericho crawled back towards the ropes, grabbing the bottom rope with both hands. The referee ordered AJ to take a step back, and as Styles did so, Jericho used the ropes to pull himself up. Styles ran back towards Jericho, and Jericho pulled down on the top rope, sending AJ to the outside. As AJ got to his feet, Jericho grabbed him through the ropes, but Styles fought back, hitting Jericho with a headbutt then following it up with an uppercut. Jericho staggered backwards and Styles climbed onto the ring apron, then springboarded onto the top rope and hit the Phenomenal Forearm! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Corey Graves: I don't believe it, Joey! AJ Styles is up 3-2!

Joey Styles: There are just 15 minutes left in this match now, and if Chris Jericho wants to win the World Title, he's going to have to beat AJ Styles twice in that time!

When the referee restarted the match, AJ Styles grabbed Jericho and threw him out of the ring, then followed Jericho to the outside. Jericho tried to walk away from Styles, but Styles ran around the ring, taking Jericho down with a slingblade. As Jericho fell to the ground, Styles looked down at Jericho, then looked across at the announce table. Realising what Styles had in mind, the crowd cheered in anticipation.

Corey Graves: Is he going to do what I think he's going to do, Joey?

Joey Styles: If he does, Corey, that could finish Jericho off!

Styles walked over to the announce table and took the top off, then cleared the table, ripping out both monitors. As the referee reached the count of five, Jericho got to his feet and quietly slid back into the ring, hoping Styles wouldn’t notice. Styles turned around and walked back towards the ring, grabbing Jericho's foot underneath the ropes and pulling him back out of the ring. As the referee restarted the count, Styles dragged Jericho towards the announce table, slamming his head on the table then throwing him onto it. Styles climbed onto the table and went to set Jericho up for the Styles Clash... but Jericho countered with a back body drop, sending Styles through the table! Both men were down and the referee continued his count. As he reached the count of 7, Jericho stirred, and he staggered to his feet, rolling back into the ring. The referee continued counting – 8... 9... 10!

Joey Styles: 11 minutes left on the clock and we're all square again! It's 3-3 now!

Corey Graves: Do you remember what I said before about strategy, Joey? That was a poor strategy from AJ Styles... he took a risk, and it's cost him. All Chris Jericho needs now is one more pin fall, count out or submission, and he'll surely walk out of St. Louis as a ten-time EBWF World Champion.

AJ Styles was still down outside the ring, and Jericho began yelling at the referee, telling him to restart the match. The referee did so, and began another count out. As he reached the count of three, Styles got to his feet. Jericho rolled out of the ring, attacking Styles and throwing him into the timekeeper's table, knocking the table over along with the ring bell and the World Title. Jericho then hit a DDT, before re-entering the ring. The referee continued counting, and Jericho yelled at him to count faster. At the count of eight, Styles struggled to his feet, and was able to re-enter the ring. The match was into the final ten minutes now, and Jericho tried to hit Styles with a Codebreaker, but Styles grabbed onto the top rope with his right hand, preventing Jericho from hitting it. Jericho kicked Styles in the arm, forcing him to let go of the rope, then whipped him against the opposing set of ropes, before hitting a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Jericho hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Jericho grabbed Styles by the legs and went for the Walls of Jericho, but as he was turning Styles over, Styles grabbed onto the bottom rope. Jericho pulled Styles away from the ropes, and went for the Walls of Jericho once more, but Styles grabbed Jericho by the legs, preventing him from locking it in. Frustrated, Jericho stomped on Styles several times, then pulled him to his feet and hit a vertical suplex. He hooked the leg once more – 1... 2... kickout! Jericho was getting increasingly frustrated, and he yelled at Styles, "stay down you stupid idiot!"

Joey Styles: AJ Styles is on the defensive, he's not giving up and we're still tied at 3-3. There are just eight minutes left now and if things stay like this, AJ Styles will remain the EBWF World Champion.

Corey Graves: He's holding on by the skin of his teeth right now, Joey!

Jericho ran against the ropes and went for the Lionsault, but Styles blocked it with his knees. Both men were low on energy, and another 30 seconds or so passed before Styles got to his feet. Jericho got to his feet a moment later, and the two men wearily exchanged right hands. Jericho appeared to have the upper hand, and he went for a clothesline, but Styles ducked out of the way, then hit a reverse DDT. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Both men slowly got to their feet and Styles hit Jericho with a kick to the midsection, then went for the Styles Clash! The crowd cheered in anticipation, but Jericho broke out of it, then shoved Styles hard in the chest. The force of the shove sent Styles into the referee! Styles was stunned, and Jericho tried to take advantage, going for a Codebreaker. Styles blocked it and hit the Pele Kick on Jericho, then hit the Styles Clash! He hooked the leg, but the referee was still down!

Joey Styles: We're into the final five minutes now... there's no referee, but the clock is still counting down!

As Styles tried to revive the referee, the crowd gave a mixed reaction to something happening off camera. The camera then cut to ringside, where Wes Ikeda was seen climbing over the ringside barrier.

Corey Graves: What is Wes Ikeda doing here? We haven't seen him since Chris Jericho beat him for the World Title at Aftermath!

Wes entered the ring, and attacked AJ, taking him down to the ground and punching him against the ring mat several times. Styles tried to fight back, but more than 55 minutes of in ring action had taken their toll on him, and Wes was able to stay in control. Wes pulled Styles to his feet and hit him with a DDT, then went to check on Jericho. As Wes helped Jericho to his feet, Styles began to stir, and Wes hit a stiff kick to the midsection, then lifted him over his shoulders, setting him up for It's Time To Go. As Wes was about to hit it, Jericho grabbed Styles, and as Wes fell backwards, Jericho hit a Codebreaker on AJ!

Joey Styles: Oh my god! It's Time To Go into the Codebreaker! Wes Ikeda might have just screwed AJ Styles out of the EBWF World Title!

Corey Graves: We're into the final minute now and Jericho still needs another fall... he needs to wake up the official!

Wes shook the referee, then rolled out of the ring and crouched down so the referee couldn't see him. Jericho hooked the leg and yelled at the ref to make the count. The referee counted – 1..... 2..... 3!

Corey Graves: It's 4-3 to Jericho and less than 30 seconds remaining! We're just moments away from witnessing history, Joey!

Joey Styles: Give me a break, Corey! This is a conspiracy!

Styles was still out cold on the ring mat, and Jericho held out his arms, giving St. Louis the gift of Jericho. The crowd booed, and as the referee restarted the match, Jericho put one foot on AJ's chest, flexing his arms and going for another three count. The referee counted – 1... 2... Styles kicked out! There were just 15 seconds on the clock now, and Styles managed to get to his feet, but Jericho had more energy, and he hit Styles with an enzuigiri, knocking him down onto the ring mat once more. The crowd began counting down for the final 10 seconds – 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... the referee called for the bell, and raised Jericho's arm in victory.

Joey Styles: I don't believe this!

Corey Graves: Believe it, Joey! Chris Jericho has made history... he has broken Raven's record and he is now a ten-time EBWF World Champion! What a moment this is!

Wes grabbed the title from ringside and re-entered the ring, handing the championship to Jericho. The two men hugged, then celebrated together.

Joey Styles: Join us next Monday on Warfare as we see the fallout from this shocking night!

Wes and Jericho continued to celebrate as Fanniversary went off the air.