Warfare Results 04/24/2017

Ben M

Warfare Results 04/24/2017

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Joey Styles: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! I'm Joey Styles, joined by Corey Graves, and we are live from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!

Corey Graves: We are just six days away from Aftermath, and what a night we have in store tonight. We'll see the Women's Champion Natalya in action as she takes on Summer Rae, and Jimmy Havoc will go one on one with The Big Show inside a steel cage!

Joey Styles: Up first though, Enzo Amore is in action against Kenny Omega!

"SAWFT is a Sin" hit and the crowd cheered as Enzo Amore made his way to the ring, accompanied by Trent. Enzo gave his usual schtick as he walked down the ramp, then upon entering the ring, he moved to the corner, awaiting the arrival of his opponent. "Shot Em" by [Q]Brick hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Kenny Omega headed to the ring, accompanied by the Bullet Club. When Omega was in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Omega went for a clothesline, but Enzo ducked out of the way, then hit Omega with a series of punches. Enzo whipped Omega against the ropes, then hit a dropkick. Both men got to their feet and Enzo whipped Omega into the corner, then ran at him, hitting a forearm smash. As Omega staggered out of the corner, Enzo went to the top rope, then hit a diving crossbody. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Enzo pulled Omega to his feet and set him up for a suplex, but Omega blocked it, countering with a suplex of his own. Both men got to their feet and Omega hit an enzuigiri, then took Enzo down with a one-handed bulldog. Enzo got back to his feet, and Omega whipped him into the corner, then went for a running double knee strike. Enzo moved out of the way at the last second, causing Omega to collide with the turnbuckle! Enzo went to the top rope, and hit Omega with a diving DDT!

Corey Graves: DDG! This could be it, Joey!

Enzo hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Joey Styles: Another big victory for Enzo Amore!

Corey Graves: Enzo's on a roll right now... could he walk out of Aftermath as one half of the new Tag Team Champions?

Enzo celebrated with Trent as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH TWO

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, Karl Anderson was in the ring for the next match.

Joey Styles: Welcome back! Moments ago, we saw Kenny Omega get beaten by Enzo Amore... up next, we'll see another member of the Bullet Club in action as Karl Anderson takes on Matt Sydal.

Sydal made his way out, and once he was in the ring the referee called for the bell. Anderson started the match strongly, but Sydal fought back, and as Anderson went for a powerbomb, Sydal countered it with a hurricanrana. He then hit Anderson with the Here We Go Driver, before going to the top rope and hitting a Shooting Sydal Press! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Corey Graves: Sydal wins! You could say he was in his element tonight, Joey...

MATCH THREE

"Glorious Domination" by CFO$ hit, and the crowd sang along to the catchiest entrance theme in pro wrestling as Bobby Roode made his way to the ring.

Joey Styles: Up next, Bobby Roode is in action as he takes on Kevin Owens!

Corey Graves: Owens spoke to Chris Jericho last week, and Jericho told him to stand out from the crowd... Owens certainly did that as he attacked Sami Zayn after Zayn had lost to Cesaro!

Joey Styles: From what we understand, Zayn is recuperating at home this week and everyone here at EBWF would like to wish him a speedy recovery.

When Roode was in the ring, "Fight" by CFO$ hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Kevin Owens stepped out onto the stage. Owens looked confident as he made his way down the ramp. As Owens reached the bottom of the ramp, someone jumped over the ringside barrier and attacked Owens! Security were about to intervene, but as the camera zoomed in, it became obvious who the attacker was...

Corey Graves: That's Sami Zayn! I thought you said he was at home recuperating, Joey?

Joey Styles: I was wrong! He's here and he's seeking retribution!

Zayn pulled Owens with a series of right hands. Owens tried to fight back with some right hands of his own, but Zayn hit a kick to the midsection, then hit a snap suplex. Both men got to their feet and Zayn through Owens into the ringside barrier, than ran at him, hitting a running big boot!

Corey Graves: Helluva Kick! This match hasn't even started, and Kevin Owens might be out cold!

Owens looked dazed, and as Zayn threw him into the ring, Roode ordered the referee to call for the bell. The bell rang, and Roode hit a Glorious DDT! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Joey Styles: It's over! Bobby Roode gets the victory with a helping hand from Sami Zayn!

As Roode celebrated, Zayn made his way up the ramp, looking pleased with himself.

MATCH FOUR

After EBWF Warfare returned from commercial, "Rush of Power" by CFO$ started playing, heralding the entrance of Summer Rae. It was then followed by "Missile" by Dorothy, which was Natalya's entrance theme. The crowd had trouble deciding who they wanted to cheer for in their match.

Corey Graves: What a treat, Joey! The incredibly gorgeous Summer Rae and the Iron Maiden of the EBWF, Natalya in action! I feel like I'm being visited by royalty!

Joey Styles: Settle down there, Corey. This is going to be a good match! Natalya battles with a member of the mean girls in anticipation of her match with Eva Marie for the Women's Championship.

After both Summer and Natalya had made their way to the ring, the referee called for the bell. The two women locked up and Summer applied a headlock, but Natalya countered with a hammerlock, then released Summer and lifted her up for a back drop. Both women got to their feet and Natalya hit Summer with a series of backhand chops, then whipped her into the ropes. Natalya hit a dropkick, and both women got to their feet once more. Summer attempted a clothesline but Natalya ducked out of the way, then kicked Summer in the stomach and lifted her up for a snap vertical suplex. Natalya made the cover and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Joey Styles: A strong start from Natalya!

Corey Graves: The queen is making sure that people recognize she isn't to be trifled with.

Natalya pulled Summer to her feet and hit a series of punches, then went to whip Summer into the corner. Summer reversed it, sending Natalya into the corner. Summer ran at Natalya and hit her with a clothesline, then as Natalya fell into a sitting position, Summer stomped on her several times. Summer pulled Natalya away from the ropes, before hitting a high leg drop across Nattie's upper chest. Summer hooked the leg and the referee counted a two.

Joey Styles: Another near fall!

Summer pulled Natalya to her feet and hit her with a series of waist high kicks, then lifted her up for a body slam. As Summer lifted Natalya over her shoulders, Natalya managed to wriggle free, landing behind Summer and hitting her with a reverse DDT. Natalya then applied an armbar, but Summer was able to reach the ropes and Natalya broke the hold. Summer got to her feet and Natalya twisted her arm, then kicked Summer in the collar bone. Natalya released Summer, who clutched her shoulder in pain. Summer attempted another clothesline but Natalya ducked out of the way once more, then hit Summer with a discus clothesline. Natalya hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Corey Graves: That one was close. Summer Rae is looking to show herself as a credible contender to the championship by showing some resiliency.

Natalya huffed and kicked Summer Rae out to the ringside area. Summer tumbled out of the ring and was slow to get up as Natalya rolled out of the ring and pursued her. Nattie grabbed her arm and whipped her towards the steps, but Summer reversed the Irish whip and Natalya crashed shoulder first into the steps with a sickening sound. The steps dislodged from the corner as Nattie cried out in agony.

Joey Styles: My god! What impact! Summer looking to make a statement here!

Summer grabbed Natalya by the hair and got her up to a standing position as the referee counted to 4. She went to roll Natalya into the ring, but Nattie blocked her grip and clocked her in the jaw, sending her stumbling back. Nattie then grabbed Summer by the back of the neck and threw her into the barricade. Summer crashed into the barricade, hitting it full force on her back and neck.

Corey Graves: Natalya looks incensed! She needs to get Summer in the ring in order to have a shot at a win here!

The referee counted to 7. Just as Natalya was about to roll Summer into the ring, "Out of my Mind" by CFO$ blasted out of the arena and the crowd turned to see Eva Marie appear from behind the curtain, a confident smirk on her face.

Joey Styles: What is the number one contender doing out here!

Corey Graves: Who cares?! It's the raven haired goddess! The obsidian enchantress! The stygian seductress! The--

Joey Styles: CALM DOWN.

Eva Marie waved sarcastically at Natalya, who tensed up with rage. She began approaching her future opponent like she was stalking her for the kill. Nattie's attention was soon averted as the referee hit the mandatory 10 count and called for the bell.

Joey Styles: Oh my god! Summer Rae rolled into the ring just in time! She's gonna get the win here!

Summer Rae's music hit as she slowly got up, clutching her back. The referee raised her hand in the air as Natalya kicked over a lighting fixture near the entrance way. Eva Marie backed up the ramp with a satisfied look on her face as Natalya had a melt down on the ramp.

Corey Graves: Oh, Eva Marie is getting into the head of the champ here, Joey. She's got a plan.

Joey Styles: Time will tell if it works or not!

The camera focused on Nattie violently kicking equipment as the show went to commercial.

SEGMENT

The camera cut backstage, where Braun Strowman was walking to the ring with Jimmy Havoc.

Braun Strowman: You ready for this?

Jimmy Havoc: Ready as I’ll ever be my gigantic friend.

As Havoc and Strowman were approaching the gorilla position, they were stopped by Chris Jericho and his security team. Jericho looked at Braun.

Chris Jericho: Where do you think you’re going?

Braun Strowman: I’m going to the ring, stupid.

Jericho frowned.

Chris Jericho: Don’t call me stupid, you stupid idiot! I know you want to give your partner some moral support as he gets his ass handed to him by the Big Show, but you’ll have to watch the match from here. You’re banned from ringside.

Braun smiled.

Braun Strowman: And who’s going to stop me? I could crush every single one of your security guards without breaking a sweat.

Jimmy Havoc: No Braun, it’s fine. I can take this, I have a few tricks up my… sleeve.

Braun Strowman: Good point. But if Big Show or these clowns try anything, I’ve got your back.

Chris Jericho: We’ll see about that.

Jericho and his security team walked away as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH FIVE

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, "Break the Walls Down" hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Chris Jericho stepped out onto the stage, accompanied by his security team. As the security team surrounded the ring, Jericho headed back up the ramp, seemingly satisfied.

Joey Styles: Well before the commercial break we saw Chris Jericho ban Braun Strowman from ringside. It looks like our General Manager is sending additional security out here to make sure Strowman stays away.

As Jericho neared the top of the ramp, "Crank It Up" by Brand New Sin hit and the crowd booed as Big Show stepped out onto the stage. Show and Jericho exchanged a few words before Jericho walked through the curtain and Big Show headed to the ring. When Show was in the ring, "I Hope You Suffer" by AFI hit and Jimmy Havoc made his way to the ring. Havoc was wearing a long leather coat and sunglasses.

Corey Graves: Jimmy Havoc looks like Neo from the Matrix in that jacket... maybe he thinks he's in an alternate reality and if he takes a blue pill, he won't have to enter a steel cage with a seven foot giant!

Havoc entered the ring, still wearing his coat and shades. The traditional steel cage music hit as the cage was lowered from the rafters. Once the cage was in place, the referee locked the door. Big Show turned around and shook the cage, making sure it was secure. As he did so, Havoc reached inside his coat and pulled out a light tube... Big Show turned back to face Havoc, and Havoc hit Show with the tube, smashing it into pieces! The crowd looked stunned as Show staggered backwards, visibly dazed.

Joey Styles: Well Corey, I guess now we know why Havoc is wearing that jacket... he's concealed a weapon in there!

Corey Graves: Make that weapons, Joey! Look!

Havoc removed his sunglasses and casually hung them on the side of the cage. He then pulled a cricket bat out from inside his coat, digging it into the ribs of the Big Show. Show clutched his ribs and Havoc hit him over the head with the cricket bat, knocking him down to the mat. Havoc hit Show with the bat several more times, then tossed it aside and pulled out a pair of brass knucks! As Havoc went to pummel Show with the brass knucks, the seven foot giant got to his feet, grabbing Havoc by the hand and hitting him with a headbutt. Havoc staggered backwards and Big Show grabbed him, throwing him into the cage. Big Show picked up the cricket bat, and was about to hit Havoc with it, but Havoc ducked out of the way, then hit Big Show in the jaw with the brass knucks. Show dropped the bat and Havoc hit a kick to the midsection, then took him down with a DDT. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout!

Joey Styles: Well thanks to his array of weapons, Jimmy Havoc is taking the fight to the Big Show... but it will take more than that to finish off the World's Largest Athlete!

Havoc hit Show in the face with the brass knucks several times, busting him open. He then got to his feet and walked towards the door, but Big Show got to his feet and grabbed Havoc, whipping him into the corner. Show hit Havoc with a series of open-handed chops to the chest, then ripped hit jacket off! Havoc protested, but Big Show hit him with a huge right hand, knocking Havoc down to the mat. Big Show looked inside the coat, pulling out a small bag. Before he could open the bag, Havoc got to his feet and hit Big Show with a knee strike. Big Show dropped the bag and Havoc snatched his coat back, pulling out a staple gun. He began firing staples at the Big Show, who held up his hands to try and protect his face. Havoc then threw the staple gun at Big Show, before hitting him with a discus elbow smash. Havoc then went to set Show up for the Acid Rainmaker, but Show blocked it, grabbing Havoc by the throat and hitting him with a Chokeslam! Big Show was about to cover Havoc, but he turned his attention to the small bag he had taken out of Havoc's jacket earlier. Show looked inside the bag and smiled... then poured the contents of the bag onto the mat.

Corey Graves: That's thumb tacks Joey!

Joey Styles: Big Show has taken a lot of punishment from Havoc in this match, and I think he wants to dish out some punishment of his own!

Show went to grab Havoc, but Havoc hit a low blow then began climbing the cage, desperate to get away from the thumb tacks. Show grabbed Havoc by the leg, pulling him down from the cage, then grabbed him by the throat once again. Just when it seemed like Big Show was about to Chokeslam Jimmy Havoc onto the thumb tacks, "I Am Stronger" by CFO$ hit and Braun Strowman stepped out onto the stage. As Strowman walked down the ramp, the security guards Jericho had sent out tried to stop him, but Strowman took them out one by one and reached the bottom of the ramp. Big Show threw Havoc into the cage and walked towards the cage door. The referee went to unlock the door, but Big Show snatched the key from the referee, making sure the door couldn't be unlocked! Laughing, Show yelled at Strowman, "If you want to get in, you'll have to climb the cage". Strowman snarled, then walked towards the cage. For a moment, it looked like he was going to climb the cage... but instead, he grabbed the cage with both hands and pulled on it, ripping the side of the cage off its hinges! After pulling open part of the cage wall, Strowman entered the ring and began exchanging punches with the Big Show. Braun was able to overpower the seven foot giant, and he lifted Show over his shoulder, hitting a running powerslam and slamming Big Show onto the thumb tacks! Jimmy Havoc exited the cage through the opening Strowman had created and the referee called for the bell as both of Havoc's feet touched the floor.

Joey Styles: Oh my god! Look at the destruction!

Corey Graves: That's why they call Braun the new face of destruction!

As what was left of the cage was lifted back up above the ring and ringside officials tended to the Big Show, Havoc walked to the timekeeper's table, grabbing his Gateway and Tag Team Titles. He also grabbed a microphone and entered the ring with Strowman, then began to speak.

Jimmy Havoc: See? Even The Big Show can't stop me. What Jericho and every other fucker that tries to cross me needs to realise is that I'm always one step ahead. I am a double champion, the first ever Gateway Champion, and who knows. Maybe at Aftermath, I'll become the new EBWF World Champion...

Corey Graves: Is Jimmy Havoc going to cash in the Gateway Championship for the World Title shot at Wrestlemania?

The crowd chanted "Yes!" in anticipation of Havoc versus PJ Black at Aftermath. Havoc smirked, and he was about to say something else, but before he could do so, someone grabbed him from behind and hit an...

Joey Styles: RKO outta nowhere!

Randy Orton had entered the ring after coming through the crowd, and after taking out Havoc with an RKO, the Viper turned his attention to Braun Strowman. Orton could be heard asking Braun, "you wanna do this?" Strowman glared at Orton, but made no move towards him as Orton picked up the microphone Havoc had dropped and began to speak.

Randy Orton: Let me make one thing clear. You won't be the next World Champion, Havoc, and neither will AJ Styles. Because I'm the number one contender, and I'm the one who will be facing PJ Black at Aftermath!

The crowd cheered, and Orton exited the ring as Warfare went off the air.