Strictly Business

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Kyle

Strictly Business

Post by Kyle »

Scene 1

Ted was set to defend his Path to Glory Championship against the self-professed "Greatest Man That Ever Lived" Austin Aries. Summerslam was one of EBWF's major PPVs and it had a lot of history with Ted DiBiase. The event would mark a year since he was injured and broke his leg, forcing him out of action for several months. The year before that he faced Chris Jericho and The Big Show in a tag team match alongside his brother. Summerslam was an event that featured great matches and at the top of the card was the World Championship match between the newly crowned champion, Cody Rhodes, and the winner of the King of the Ring tournament, CM Punk. The rivalry between CM Punk and Cody Rhodes had become very heated in recent weeks, unlike Ted DiBiase's title match. Ted DiBiase was unsuccessful in capturing the World Championship, but he did manage to become the longest reigning Path to Glory Champion, surpassing CM Punk's reign of 185 days. At Summerslam Ted would have held onto the Path to Glory Championship for 210 days, much longer than Punk's reign and it had already solidified his position as one of the best in EBWF today. Ted had faced all comers and holding the championship since the Royal Rumble Ted was starting to get bored. He wanted challenges and inserting himself into the World Championship picture filled that void. It gave him the challenge that he needed and even though he was unsuccessful he knew that one day he would reach the highest peak in EBWF. The question wasn't if Ted could win the World Championship, it was when would he win the championship. Since becoming the Path to Glory Champion, Ted's media appearances had increased as he was a face of EBWF. His latest appearance would be with Matt Fowler from IGN, hyping Summerslam at the Mizzou Arena.

It was Sunday, the day of Summerslam and Ted was set to be interviewed by Matt Fowler of IGN. Ted decided that he would meet with Matt at midday to give himself enough time to prepare for the big event. All of the EBWF crew were at the Mizzou Arena frantically trying to get everything up and running for Summerslam. Everyone was trying to make this event work and Ted saw the nerves from some of the crew members. Ted was calm as anything as he walked down the halls of the backstage area. Ted found his personal locker room and that was where he would be meeting Matt for his interview. Ted entered the locker room with his bags and casually threw them on the ground. Ted was dressing very casual for his meeting, wearing plain blue jeans and one of his official EBWF T-shirts. Ted reached down into one of his bags and took out his most prized possession: The Path to Glory Championship. Ted gave the championship a quick kiss. He had treasured the championship more than he treasured some people in his lives. Soon after he took the title from his bag there was a knock on the door. Ted opened the door and in walked Matt Fowler wearing an id badge which allowed him backstage. He walked in with an audio recorder and shook Ted's hand before sitting down on one of the benches while Ted sat down opposite him.

Matt Fowler: Let's get this started shall we?

Ted simply nodded as Matt pushed record on his device.

Matt Fowler: At Summerslam you'll be facing Austin Aries, who is challenging you for your Path to Glory Championship. What are your thoughts on facing Austin Aries?

Ted Jr: I'm not worried at all about facing Aries. He calls himself "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived", but what has he done? He's won a couple of titles on the independent scene and that's about it. What have I done? I've won World Championships, multiple Tag Team Championships and I'm the longest reigning Path to Glory Champion of all time and the only person to hold the title on more than one occasion. I am better than Aries in every way possible.

Ted's voice showed how confident he was. He was calm and knew that he would be successfully defending his championship.

Matt Fowler: Speaking of the Path to Glory Championship, like you said you are the longest reigning champion in EBWF history. What's it like to have that accomplishment?

Ted Jr: It's good but it could be better. I said that I would win the Path to Glory Championship when I returned to EBWF in December of 2011 and I backed up what I said by defeating Jeff Hardy at the Royal Rumble. I said I would become the longest reigning Path to Glory Champion in history and on the second of August I became the longest reigning Path to Glory Champion of all time. Now my next goal is to become the greatest champion in the history of EBWF. That means continuing what I've been doing and defeating more worthless opponents like Austin Aries until October 31st where I will become the longest reigning champion in EBWF history. I will have outlasted Randy Orton's World Championship reign, Lacey's No Limits Championship reign and Trish Stratus' Women's Championship reign. I will truly be the greatest wrestler EBWF has ever seen.

Matt Fowler: Should you defeat Austin Aries, who is next?

Ted Jr: If you remember a while back I had some harsh comments towards the boss, Wes Ikeda. That's who I want next. I've beaten Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle and countless others. I want to go straight to the top. I don't care about Cody Rhodes, I've beaten him too. I want the head honcho; I want the man that was in the Cage of Death match against Randy Orton. I want the crazy SOB that goes Coast to Coast. I want him in the ring because then and only then will I have his respect. He can play politician and say what is good for business but I know his real intentions. I was never what he wanted in EBWF. The fact that I succeeded in making it this far has to annoy him. I grit my teeth and did what I had to do to get to the top. I scratched and clawed to even get a shot at the World Championship. When I finally win it, all I hear is how much of a disappointment I am and how terrible EBWF is if I am their only option as champion. Even when I became the Path to Glory Champion, he couldn't even acknowledge that accomplishment. All he said was that the title was only used as a tool to make Punk a big time star. He's disrespected me for too long and I've had enough.

Ted seemed to get more aggressive as he spoke more about his boss.

Matt Fowler: You seem to be very fixed on facing Wes Ikeda in the future.

Ted Jr: I am, but it will probably never happen. Not because I don't want it and not because people don't want to see it, but because Wes won't do it. When I arrived he was the World Champion and he competed a lot. Now he seems more concerned on what goes on behind the scenes and he's grooming people to become the face of the company. You saw it with Orton, Cena and most recently AJ Styles. All of them were close to Wes, and all of them received long World Championship reigns. Is it all just a coincidence? Some may think so, but I am not one of those people.

Matt Fowler: Now before we get too carried away about what will happen later on in the year, you seem to be dismissing Austin Aries all together as if he isn't a challenge.

Ted paused for a second, looking at Fowler with an expression that said "You don't say?”

Ted Jr: Austin Aries isn't a challenge. He can call himself the best wrestler in the world or the greatest man that ever lived.

Ted lifted his Path to Glory Championship, becoming focused on what would happen when he faced Aries. Ted stared at his beloved championship before he continued to speak.

Ted Jr: Until you've held this championship, until you've beaten me, you're nothing. I am the measuring stick here in EBWF. I am the greatest wrestler in this company and in the world. Cody Rhodes may be holding the World Championship, but he didn't beat me to get it. At the end of the day words mean nothing, actions are everything. And when Summerslam is said and done, the headlines won't read "New Path to Glory Champion", they'll read "DiBiase still Champion".

Matt decided to end the interview on that dramatic note. He switched off his recorder and stood up and shook Ted's hand and thanked him. Matt left the room but Ted remained seated. Ted could feel the adrenaline coursing through his veins and he stared down at the Championship that he had held for over 200 days. He held onto it so tight his hands began to shake. The thought of potentially losing the championship that he cared about so much gave him the motivation and the will to succeed.

Scene 2

The night had arrived and Ted was in his locker room in his ring attire holding his championship in his hands. He had formed a strong attachment to the championship and knew that he would do anything possible to make sure that it remained with him after Summerslam. Tonight's card was stacked with good matches from top to bottom, but there was superstar missing from the 9 match card. AJ Styles had recently lost the World Championship and had then lost again to Cody Rhodes in a non-title match. Now he was not on the card for one of EBWF's biggest PPVs of the year. The main event between Cody Rhodes and CM Punk was set to be a thrilling match with the King of the Ring winner, Punk, challenging after defeating John Cena at Sacrifice. The Miz would be defending his Intercontinental Championship, choosing his opponent to be none other than EBWF legend, Chris Jericho. While there were some great matches on the card for Summerslam, the only one that mattered to Ted was his match. Ted would be competing in the fourth match of the night and he wanted to set the standard for the rest of the evening. He wanted to win and do so convincingly. Austin Aries was a talented wrestler and had accomplished a lot on the independent scene, winning numerous and becoming the only person to hold the ROH World Championship on more than one occasion. Ted had always faced opponents who were very successful outside of EBWF and they were trying to break into EBWF by becoming the Path to Glory Champion. So far Ted had defeated several former World Champions, and had taken on anyone that was put up against him from Randy Orton to Wade Barrett. While Ted was sitting down admiring his title, Matt Striker burst into his locker room without any warning. Ted stood up and glared at Striker as if to say "What the hell do you think you're doing?” A camera man was directly behind Striker and it looked like he was already recording.

Matt Striker: Ted! Ted! Did you see what just happened out in the ring?

Ted shrugged his shoulders, showing very little care.

Ted Jr: I've got better things to do than watching sub-par matches.

Matt Striker: Austin Aries was in the ring running you down...

Ted quickly interrupted Striker.

Ted Jr: Now why doesn't that surprise me? He knows that he can't beat me so like everybody else he has to insult me. No doubt he talked about me being a rich kid?

Matt nodded.

Matt Striker: He called you out and your father appeared.

Ted's attitude changed from an uncaring mood to one of total seriousness.

Ted Jr: What the hell was he doing here?

Ted had no idea why his father had decided to appear at Summerslam, no doubt to surprise him. Almost all of his visits to Ted in EBWF were off screen and he remained in that role. He was retired now and didn't seek to be back on the road constantly as an on air figure.

Matt Striker: Austin Aries assaulted your father and hit him with his signature Brainbuster.

Ted's father hadn't told him about visiting or appearing on screen and he had never been involved in an altercation in years in the ring. Ted put his hands on his head and was silent for a few moments.

Matt Striker: Are you alright Ted?

Ted took a few deep breathes in before responding.

Ted Jr: Austin Aries wants to talk about me to everybody? That's fine. He wants to call me a rich boy that has no talent? That's fine. But the moment he puts his hands on any member of my family, that's when he crosses the line. His chances of winning before tonight were never high, but after this incident his chances have hit zero. He wants to make things personal and put me off my game by attacking my father? Well it's not going to work. All he's done is piss me off.

Matt Striker: Before assaulting your father, Aries said and I quote I will make sure you are in no shape to even request a rematch. Your thoughts?

Ted Jr: Request a rematch? Come on Aries. I'm a former World Champion and the longest reigning Path to Glory Champion in history! I have defeated better wrestlers than you. Here is how tonight is going to go Aries. I'm going to walk out there, kick your ass, retain my title and leave that ring with you lying motionless on the mat.

Matt Striker: Bully Ray has been a very good ally in your corner, interfering and helping you out on many occasions. Will he be in your corner tonight?

Ted Jr: Do I need Bully to win this match? No. Does having Bully in my corner give me a slight advantage? No doubt. Like AJ Styles, Bully can have the night off. Aries wants to challenge me and get my attention, well he has it now. So tonight I'm going to go out there and show everybody exactly why I'm the Path to Glory Champion.

Ted walked out of his locker room, leaving Matt and the cameraman behind. Ted walked off in search of his father and after several minutes found him with the EBWF Medical Official, Hope Clemente.

Ted Jr: How is he?

Dr Hope Clemente: He should be fine, just have him take it easy.

Ted Jr: Thanks.

Hope left Ted alone with his father for a few minutes.

Ted Jr: What the hell are you doing here? And why did you go out there with Aries?

Ted DiBiase Sr managed to let out a small laugh.

Ted Sr: Surprise...

Ted Jr: Surprise? Its one thing coming here unannounced, it's a whole other thing actually getting in the ring. You're retired for God's sake! I thought you were happy staying away from the on screen stuff?

Ted Sr: If it makes for good TV, than it's alright. I'll be fine. Aries was fine with the move, but I did fall pretty hard and awkwardly. Don't worry about it Ted.

Ted was somewhat relieved that Aries was trying to be safe, but on the other hand he was still pissed off that nobody consulted him and told him the plans.

Ted Jr: Why wasn't I told about it?

Ted Sr: Because I know you would have said no. You're just like your mother, always worrying about me.

Ted was still frustrated, pacing back and forth.

Ted Jr: I've got a match to prepare for to keep my Path to Glory Championship and then you come along and pull a stunt like this without telling me?

Ted Sr was laughing lightly.

Ted Sr: Calm down Teddy, I'll meet you after your match and we can go out and celebrate, will that make up for this?

Ted just looked at his father and walked off. He was frustrated and perhaps in some ways a bit unfocused. As he walked down the halls of the Mizzou Arena, he kept glancing down at his Path to Glory Championship which rested on his shoulder. Looking at the championship kept him focused and made him realise that holding onto the championship would be above everything else tonight. It wouldn't be personal between him and Aries, strictly business.

1xWorld Heavyweight Champion
3xTag Team Champion
2x Path to Glory Champion
1x Breakout Champion