EBWF Shoutbox/Twitter Guide

Ashlee
Site Admin

EBWF Shoutbox/Twitter Guide

Post by Ashlee »

Without intending to stifle peoples' creativity, we feel that the EBWF Shoutbox / Twitter will be best utilized if everyone follows a general set of guidelines for usage. Those familiar with Twitter know how this game works. If you're not familiar with it, it's really quite simple:

1. The box isn't meant to be a chat room. Rather, a place for one-time statements of what's on your character's mind at the moment -- much like many of the tweets you see from the real wrestlers of the WWE. Make announcements about your character's upcoming appearances (and remember to stay in character! So much more fun that way) or other projects, comments about life on the road, complain about your boss (but remember he reads it!), etc.

The following is an example of how NOT to interact using the shoutbox:

HurriShane: Hey guys, anyone on today?
Lance Storm: Eat a dick.
HurriShane: Fair enough. Anyone else?
HurriShane: Anyone?
Chris Jericho: Sorry man, not talking, trying to finish my RP!

2. If you do want to direct a post at someone, and/or reply to something they said, preface your entry with "@username" - for example:

MrsHelmsley: Check out my new fragrance Candy Kiss! It comes out Tuesday!
HurriShane: @MrsHelmsley so when does your husband finally come out?
MrsHelmsley: @HurriShane For you? Tomorrow I think.

3. The box is here for fun, but also serves the purpose of character development, and gives you a chance to interact with other characters with whom you would normally not write with. The more people stray from the intended format, the less helpful, fun, and informative it will be for everyone else involved. Ashlee, Cory and Ben are admins and reserve the right to act accordingly when people stray away from the intended usage.

4. Your Twitter name should elude to which character you play. Now that someone has posted as ThePuffyMarshmallowMan I can no longer keep up.

5. Most importantly, have fun! Ashlee put some money down to make the box ad-free, so sign in there and enjoy!
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote