Warfare Results 08/24/2020

Ben M

Warfare Results 08/24/2020

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! We are live from Phoenix, Arizona, Summerslam is just six days away, and kicking things off tonight we've got the Breakout Champion Tomohiro Ishii in action as he goes one on one with Elias.

Elias was sat on a stool in the center of the ring, guitar in hand. Elias was about to introduce himself when "Stone Pitbull" hit, and Tomohiro Ishii made his way to the ring. Elias threw his stool out of the ring, placed his guitar in the corner, and as Ishii entered the ring, Elias hit him with a series of punches. The referee called for the bell, signalling the start of the match. Elias whipped Ishii against the ropes, then went for a big boot, but Ishii ducked out of the way and grabbed Elias from behind, hitting him with a German suplex. Both men got to their feet, and Ishii hit Elias with a headbutt, then whipped him into the corner. Ishii chopped Elias across the chest several times, before pulling him away from the corner and hitting a powerbomb. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Elias kicked out! Ishii got to his feet and stomped on Elias several times, then pulled him to his feet and set him up for a DDT. Elias blocked it and shoved Ishii against the ropes, then hit him with a discus clothesline. As Ishii got to his feet, Elias grabbed him, dragging him towards the corner and slamming his head off the turnbuckle. Elias hit Ishii with a series of punches and kicks in the corner, then hit him with an STO. Elias climbed to the top rope, and went for a diving elbow drop... but Ishii moved out of the way! Both men got to their feet, and Ishii whipped Elias against the ropes, then hit a powerslam. As both men got to their feet once more, Ishii hit Elias with a stiff kick to the midsection, then lifted him up, hitting a vertical drop brainbuster! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It's over! An impressive victory for Tomohiro Ishii!

Ishii celebrated as Warfare went to commercial.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, "Sound of Madness" hit and the EBWF Chairman stepped out onto the stage.

Nigel McGuinness: It looks as if Wes Ikeda is out here to oversee the Women's Championship contract signing himself.

Mauro Ranallo: You heard Wes last week. If Becky or Trish lays a hand on each other the match is off. Trish can even be stripped of her title!

Nigel McGuinness: I don't think either of these women are going to let anything get in the way of this match. Not even their animosity for each other.

A table and chairs had been set up in the ring. A portfolio laid on the table top, with two pens, as well as two microphones. Wes stepped between the top and second rope, and before he'd even fully entered the ring, "Celtic Invasion" hit and Becky Lynch headed straight for the ring. Wes cocked an eyebrow at her as she got into the ring and headed straight for the table, grabbing a pen without sitting down. Wes took a microphone.

Wes Ikeda: Hello, Becky.

Becky nodded, and said a barely audible hello as she moved toward the portfolio and opened it. She stopped short, looking down at the paper and then up at Wes.

Wes Ikeda: I was going to comment before you barged out here, but Trish is apparently not joining us tonight.

Becky's eyes narrowed and moved back to the contract.

Wes Ikeda: Trish has already signed the contract for Summerslam. So Becky, it's yours to sign.

Becky was still without a microphone, but she shook her head and Wes' mic picked up her words.

Becky Lynch: She's been duckin' me for months! She's a coward is what she is.

Becky scribbled her signature on the contract, and just as she moved to straighten up the tron came to life.

There was a chaotic scene backstage as officials and trainers ran into the hallway and the camera man tried to focus on what they were doing. One of the referees put an arm around the waist of Trish Stratus, and held her back as the camera focused on the motionless body of Winter, face down on the concrete floor, at Trish's feet.

Trish Stratus: Let ME GO! That bitch! That bitch thinks I'm a coward!

The camera zoomed in on Trish, as she was being dragged off.

Trish Stratus: That's a preview, sweetheart. I'll see you at Summerslam, where I fully intend to embarrass you for all the ways you've been running your mouth. Oh, and Wes? You told me I couldn't attack Becky. You didn't say shit about her stupid, hanger on friends.

Becky picked up the portfolio, and chucked it toward Wes' chest. He pinned it between his chest and palm as Trish was being dragged away. The Tron went black and Becky left the ring, presumably to go backstage and check on Winter.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, it's time for our main event... on Sunday, The Rock will challenge Chris Jericho for the EBWF World Title. Tonight, the Great One goes one on one with Jericho's right hand man, Jake Hager!

"I Got Em Hurt" hit and the crowd booed as Jake Hager made his way to the ring, accompanied by Chris Jericho. As Hager entered the ring, Jericho joined Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness at ringside.

Nigel McGuinness: Thank you for joining us Chris, I guess you'll be scouting The Rock in this match?

Chris Jericho: Not exactly, Nigel. I'm here to support my boy Jake Hager... given what he's capable of, The Rock might not even make it to Summerslam!

As Hager paced back and forth in the ring, "Electrifying" hit and the crowd cheered as The Rock stepped out onto the stage. The Rock looked around at the crowd, then walked down the ramp. As he entered the ring, The Rock stared at Hager, then climbed the turnbuckle and posed for the crowd. As The Rock climbed down from the turnbuckle, Hager charged towards him, pummelling him with a series of punches in the corner. The referee pulled Hager away from The Rock, then called for the bell. Hager immediately grabbed The Rock, hitting him with a belly-to-belly suplex, then stomped on The Rock several times, trying to keep him grounded. Hager pulled The Rock to his feet and whipped him into the corner, before hitting him with a series of kicks. Hager sat The Rock on the top rope and set him up for a superplex, but The Rock shoved him away, then hit a double axe handle. Hager got to his feet and The Rock hit a back drop, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Hager kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Hager tried to take control by attacking The Rock before the bell, but The Rock fights back and gets a near fall!

Chris Jericho: I don't like your tone, Mauro. Allow me to rephrase – an impressive start by Jake Hager, The Rock gets a two count, but it's going to take a lot more to put away someone as tough as Hager!

Both men got to their feet and The Rock hit Hager with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes. As Hager bounced back off the ropes, The Rock took him down with a clothesline, then as Hager got back to his feet, The Rock hit a DDT. He hooked the leg once more and the referee counted – 1... 2... Hager kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Another near fall! The Rock is in control here!

Chris Jericho: He's just trying to put Hager away as quickly as he can, Nigel, and I can't say I blame him. The longer this match goes, the more damage Hager can do to the not-so-Great One.

The Rock got to his feet and stomped on Hager several times, then locked him in the Sharpshooter! Hager cried out in pain, but he was able to get to the ropes, and the referee ordered The Rock to break the hold. After The Rock had released him, Hager got to his feet and The Rock went for a clothesline, but Hager ducked out of the way and threw The Rock out of the ring. Hager then began yelling at the referee, and while the referee was distracted, Jericho got up from the announcers table and grabbed The Rock, throwing him into the ring steps. Jericho then threw The Rock back into the ring and sat back down as if nothing had happened. Smirking, Hager grabbed The Rock and lifted him up, hitting a powerslam. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... The Rock kicked out! Hager got to his feet and stomped on The Rock several times, then pulled him to his feet and whipped him into the corner. Hager charged towards The Rock, hitting him with a knee strike, then followed up with a spinout powerbomb. Hager then ran back towards the corner, hitting The Rock with the Hager Bomb!

Chris Jericho: Hager Bomb! It's over! Hager might have broken The Rock's ribs!

Hager hooked the leg, and the referee counted – 1... 2... The Rock kicked out just before the 3! Hager couldn't believe it, and neither could Jericho.

Chris Jericho: What?! That should have been a 3! The referee should be fired for that slow count!

Hager yelled at the referee to count faster, then grabbed The Rock, pulling him to his feet and setting him up for a uranage. The Rock blocked it, then took Hager down with a Russian legsweep. Both men were down for several seconds, then they slowly got to their feet. Hager hit The Rock with a right hand, but The Rock fought back with a right hand of his own, then followed up with his signature punches. The Rock whipped Hager against the ropes, then lifted him up onto his shoulders, hitting a Samoan drop. Hager looked dazed as he got to his feet, and The Rock grabbed him, hitting the Rock Bottom! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... before the referee could count the 3, Jericho slid into the ring and attacked The Rock! The crowd booed as the referee called for the bell, ending the match with a disqualification.

Mauro Ranallo: Well The Rock gets the win via DQ, but now he's got to deal with Chris Jericho! And you suspect that was Jericho's plan all along...

Jericho stomped on The Rock several times, then pulled him to his feet and threw him shoulder first into the ring post. As The Rock slumped to the mat, clutching his shoulder, Jericho helped Hager to his feet then the two men double-teamed The Rock. Hager hit The Rock with a gutwrench powerbomb, then dragged him to his feet and threw him towards Jericho, who hit him with the Judas Effect. Jericho then rolled out of the ring, lifted up the ring apron and pulled a box out from underneath the ring. Jericho opened the box and pulled out a bottle of champagne.

Nigel McGuinness: Well Mauro, we know Jericho enjoys a little bit of the bubbly, but something tells me he's not planning to drink this bottle...

Jericho entered the ring with the champagne, and told Hager to pull The Rock to his feet. Hager did so, and as he held The Rock in place, Jericho lifted the bottle of champagne up and swung it towards The Rock's head... but The Rock ducked, and Jericho inadvertently hit Hager instead! The bottle smashed as it connected with Hager's skull, and Hager was knocked out cold. Jericho held his head in his hands, and tried to revive Hager. As he did so, The Rock watched him closely. The Rock waited for Jericho to turn around, and when Jericho did so, he was met with the Rock Bottom! The Rock then rolled out of the ring and grabbed the World Title, then re-entered the ring and climbed the turnbuckle, holding up the title. "Electrifying" played through the PA system as The Rock posed with the gold.

Mauro Ranallo: Well despite everything Chris Jericho and Jake Hager have tried to do to him over the past few weeks, The Rock is still standing tall. Is this a preview of what we'll see on Sunday? Is The Rock about to become the EBWF World Champion for the first time in his career? Tune into Summerslam to find out, we'll see you there!