Warfare Results 01/11/2021

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results 01/11/2021

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

Pyro went off inside the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas as Warfare went live.

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to Warfare. I’m Mauro Ranallo, alongside Nigel McGuinness.

Nigel McGuinness: We are three weeks away from the Royal Rumble where the Road to Wrestlemania truly begins, and the EBWF Universe is ready for the biggest show of the year!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s time for the first match of the night, Nigel…

On cue, Kane’s music blared through the loudspeaker and The Big Red Machine made his EBWF Debut to a strong reaction from the crowd. He proceeded to the ring as AJ’s music hit, and Styles joined him between the ropes. Christy Hemme did the usual introductions and the referee rang the bell.

Kane quickly tossed Styles away to the corner. Styles landed some leg kicks, but he got leveled with a quick shoulder block by Kane. Kane executed some uppercuts and kicks to Styles in the corner. Styles caught Kane with a kick to the face from the ring apron. Kane leveled Styles with a big boot. Styles got a dropkick to Kane through the ropes and connected with a high knee off the ring apron. Kane remained on his feet.

Mauro Ranallo: Styles having a hard time taking the big man down here.

Styles jumped down, charged and Kane caught him. Kane drove Styles spine first into the barricade and then the side of the ring. Kane charged to Styles in the corner and connected with a side slam. Styles dropped Kane over the steel steps on the outside. The two men were slow to get back into the ring, but once inside Styles hit a Phenomenal Forearm!

Nigel McGuinness: AJ has to pin him, but it looks like he’s going up top!

Kane was up before AJ could get situated on the top rope. He pulled Styles down and connected with a big chokeslam. Kane pinned AJ in the middle of the ring.

1…
2…
3!

Mauro Ranallo: I’m not sure that’s what this crowd was expecting, but the newcomer Kane is victorious here tonight over AJ Styles.
Kane had his arm raised in victory as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we've got "The Librarian" Leva Bates in action as she goes one on one with the number one contender for the Women's Championship, Tam Nakano!

"Geek" by MC Chris hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Leva Bates made her way to the ring. When Bates was in the ring, "Violet Kung Fu Girl" hit and the crowd cheered as Tam Nakano headed to the ring, accompanied by P-Chan. As she entered the ring, Nakano placed P-Chan in the corner, then turned her attention to her opponent.

Nigel McGuinness: Tam Nakano lost for the first time since joining EBWF last week after being distracted by Trish Stratus. Can she return to winning ways tonight?

The referee called for the bell and the two women locked up. Nakano applied a wrist lock, but Bates transitioned it into a hammerlock, then as Nakano tried to fight out of it, Bates but her in a headlock. Nakano broke free and whipped Bates against the ropes, before hitting an arm drag. As Bates got back to her feet, Nakano went for a roundhouse kick, but Bates ducked out of the way then took Tam Nakano down with a snapmare. Bates then pulled Tam Nakano to her feet and went to whip her against the ropes, but Nakano reversed the Irish whip, sending Bates into the ropes. As Bates ran back towards her, Nakano went for a clothesline, but Bates ducked underneath it and grabbed Nakano from behind, hitting a Russian legsweep. Bates then rolled Nakano over and locked her in a crossface.

Mauro Ranallo: Lots of back and forth in this match so far, but Leva Bates is slowing the pace down here with this crossface. Can she make Tam Nakano submit?

Nigel McGuinness: Tam Nakano is tough, Mauro... I'd be surprised to see her tap out so early in this match!

Nakano was unable to reach the ropes, so instead she rolled over, pinning Leva's shoulders down. The referee counted – 1... 2... Bates kicked out! Both women got to their feet and Bates hit Nakano with a series of punches, then whipped her into the corner. Bates charged towards the corner, going for a forearm smash... but Nakano moved out of the way! Bates collided with the turnbuckles and as she stumbled backwards, Nakano hit a tiger suplex. Leva's shoulders were down and the referee counted once more – 1... 2... kickout!

Mauro Ranallo: Tam Nakano has taken control here, but Leva Bates is fighting back!

Nakano pulled Bates to her feet and set her up for a German suplex, but Bates blocked it and shoved Nakano into the ropes, then hit a Yakuza kick. As Nakano got to her feet, Bates got behind her, hitting the backstabber! She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Nakano kicked out! Bates looked frustrated at only getting a two count. She pulled Nakano to her feet and hit her with a series of punches, before hitting a bridging northern lights suplex. The referee counted – 1... 2... again Tam Nakano kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Leva Bates in control now, but she can’t but Nakano away for a 3 count! Both of these superstars are showing impressive resilience.

Bates pulled Nakano to her feet, putting her in an abdominal stretch. Nakano cried out in pain and Bates put a finger to Nakano's lips, shushing her! This seemed to frustrate Nakano, and she was able to fight out of the hold, then hit Bates with a roundhouse kick! Bates fell to the mat and Nakano hooked the leg – 1... 2... Bates kicked out! Nakano pulled Bates to her feet and whipped her into the corner, then hit her with a series of kicks. Bates fell into a sitting position and Nakano stepped back, then charged towards her, going for a running knee strike... but Bates moved out of the way! Nakano's knee collided with the turnbuckle, and she cried out in pain. Bates yelled "Be quiet!" then hit Nakano with a DDT. She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Nakano kicked out! Bates hit the mat in frustration, then got to her feet and stomped on Nakano several times. As Nakano got to her feet, Bates went for a Superkick... but Nakano ducked out of the way, then hit Bates with a German suplex! Both women got to their feet and Nakano charged towards Leva Bates, hitting her with the Violet Shoot! She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! Tam Nakano gets the victory, but she had to work hard for it.

Nigel McGuinness: That was a great match, Mauro... Tam will be pleased to have regained some momentum after her loss last week!

Nakano celebrated, then made her way to the back.

SEGMENT

The show cut to hard cam on Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness behind the announce table.

Mauro Ranallo: Up next on Warfare Matt Striker has a sit-down interview with former EBWF World Champion, Aiden English.

Nigel McGuinness: I’m interested to see what Aiden has to say about his loss to the Rock!

Mauro Ranallo: Do you think he’s going to ask for his rematch?

Nigel McGuinness: Why wouldn’t he?

Mauro Ranallo: I guess we’ll find out, right now!

There was a quick fade to black before the shot faded in on Matt Striker and Aiden English sitting opposite of one another in tan cloth covered chairs. Matt was sat back against the back of his chair while Aiden pressed forward with his arms supporting most of his upper body. As Striker starred into the camera, Aiden looked off to the side.

Matt Striker: Ladies and gentlemen, I’m here with former EBWF World Champion Aiden English. Aiden, thank you for joining me today.

Aiden English: Huh?

Aiden sat up and looked at Matt Striker and then to the camera. His eyebrows raised before he returned to his original position. Only now, his head was cocked to look at Striker.

Aiden English: Sorry, I was lost in my own little world. I’m going to need you to back it up and ask that question again. I wasn’t aware that we were going.

Matt Striker: They said… Never mind. I just wanted to thank you for joining me today for this sit-down interview.

Aiden English: Oh yeah, absolutely. I’m happy to be invited. By the way, doesn’t Renee normally handle these sorts of things?

Matt Striker: Absolutely. However, Ms. Young has asked to not be included in interviews or segments involving Kingdom for the foreseeable future.

Aiden English: She has? Why?

Matt Striker: Apparently there was an incident between Renee and your wife Raquel. After that event, management has agreed that it’s in the best interest of Renee’s safety that she be kept away from Kingdom where possible.

Aiden’s head perked up and he nodded along with Matt.

Aiden English: Management huh? Management decided that they needed to keep Renee away to keep her safe from future altercations with Raquel. That’s golden.

Matt Striker: What do you mean?

Aiden English: Management seems awfully interested in the actions of Kingdom as of late. It’s almost like Wes Ikeda has a grudge against us for some reason. I wonder what that reason could be.

Matt Striker: You think Mr. Ikeda is out to get Kingdom?

Aiden English: Did you and I witness the same Christmas Eve of Destruction? Did Wes Ikeda come out and protect wrestlers when Chris Jericho was leading Hagger around giving beatings?

Matt Striker: Actually, he did the same thing to Jake Hagger at Summerslam when he forced Jericho to go one on one with the Rock.

Aiden English: Whatever! Did he stop Jericho from assaulting me backstage? No! Did he punish Chris for setting me on the shelf? No!
Matt Striker: So, because of the attacks you’ve suffered at the hands of Jericho, you think Wes Ikeda has a grudge against you personally, or all of Kingdom?

Aiden English: Absolutely. It goes all the way back to the first day I was with the EBWF. A long road leads from there to here and I’ve battled Wes all the way to where I’m sitting right now. I’ve battled him in front of the camera and behind the camera!

Matt Striker: Well, this isn’t the interview I planned, but let’s start back at the beginning. What happened on your first day with the EBWF?

Aiden English: It’s not an event. When Wes signed my contract, he thought I was a certain level of talent based on how was used where I came from. He thought that I was a low-level player and so he stuck me in low level matches expecting me to sit down there at the bottom of the card in perpetuity. When I started winning matches and getting the Universe behind me, he wasn’t happy.

Matt Striker: How did you know he wasn’t happy?

Aiden English: When I claimed the EBWF Breakout Championship, I went to Wes in his office. And, I showed him that there was no clause for titles in my contract. Obviously, he claimed it was an oversight. However, I argue that it was intentional. Why put in a clause about title reigns for someone you don’t think will ever make it into a title picture?

Matt leaned forward to speak but Aiden put a hand up and kept rolling.

Aiden English: No, I’m sure EBWF’s best lawyers didn’t make a simple oversight. It was a direct slight from the CEO, before he ever had a chance to see me work in an EBWF ring. Since that meeting things have been tense between Wes and I. Then, things spiraled out of control when he started gunning for myself and Punk. His wife injured mine in her sharpshooter. His son physically assaulted a good friend of mine on multiple occasions. Now it’s come to this where he’s actively interfering in my matches!

Matt Striker: I don’t think I would call it interfering. He stopped the other members of Kingdom from interfering in your match.

Aiden English: Remind me when that happened.

Matt Striker: It was at Christmas Eve of Destruction.

Aiden English: And the theme of the night is?

Matt Striker: Predominantly hardcore!

Aiden English: So, the match was predominantly a no DQ match. So, what was happening wasn’t outside of the rules established for the match. However, Wes ABUSED his power in an effort to ensure that I didn’t retain my EBWF World Title. He allowed the Rock to STEAL the title for a second time. The title match that Wes didn’t get involved in at Fanniversary, the Rock lost that match! Clearly if it wasn’t for Wes, I’d still be the Champion! A fact that I’m not willing to let go of any longer.

Matt Striker: What do you mean?

Aiden English: I’m going to forego my EBWF World Title rematch at Royal Rumble. Wes can hand pick a new challenger for the Rock. But, I will do so on ONE CONDITION. I want Wes and I to settle this. I want us to make good on this constant back and forth!

Matt Striker: Are you challenging Wes Ikeda to a match at Royal Rumble?

Aiden English: No. I know Wes wouldn’t bother lacing up for the Rumble. No, I’m challenging Wes Ikeda to a match at Wrestlemania!

Matt Striker: I don’t know what to say…

Aiden English: Get his answer.

Aiden stood up and walked off set. The camera cut back to the ringside area to set up for the next match.

Mauro Ranallo: I’m surprised Nigel.

Nigel McGuinness: So am I, but we don’t have time to linger.

Mauro Ranallo: You’re absolutely right, we’ve got a show to continue!

MATCH THREE

Mauro Ranallo: I can't believe what we've just heard, Nigel... Aiden English has challenged Wes Ikeda to a match at Wrestlemania!

Nigel McGuinness: It will be interesting to see if the EBWF Chairman accepts... he hasn't wrestled a match since Summerslam 2019!

Mauro Ranallo: Well we will wait to see if Wes Ikeda responses to Aiden English's challenge, but up next we've got Aiden's wife Raquel Diaz in action as she takes on Becky Lynch.

"Toreador II" by Apocalyptica hit and the crowd booed as Raquel Diaz made her way to the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: Raquel Diaz picked up an impressive victory last week, handing Tam Nakano her first loss since signing for EBWF. Can she get another win tonight against the self-proclaimed "rightful Women's Champion", Becky Lynch?

Mauro Ranallo: Given that both Raquel and Becky will have their sets set on winning the Women's Royal Rumble, I'm expecting to see an intense match tonight!

When Diaz was in the ring, "Celtic Invasion" by CFO$ hit and the crowd cheered as Becky Lynch headed to the ring, accompanied by Winter. After Lynch had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell. Diaz began taunting Lynch, then shoved her. Lynch shoved her back, then the two women began exchanging punches back and forth. Diaz was able to gain the upper hand, and she took Becky down with a clothesline, then stomped on her several times. Lynch rolled out of the way and got to her feet, then grabbed Diaz and whipped her into the corner. Lynch charged towards Diaz, hitting her with the Flying Firearm, then sat her on the top turnbuckle, setting her up for a suplex. Diaz was able to counter it, hitting Lynch with a sunset flip powerbomb! She hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1... 2... Lynch kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Great counter there by Raquel Diaz... Becky landed hard on her neck and back there, but she was still able to kick out!

As Becky tried to get to her feet, Diaz hit her with a stiff kick to the face, then stomped on her several times before hitting a leg drop. She hooked the leg once more – 1... 2... again Lynch kicked out! Diaz pulled Lynch to her feet and hit her with a kick to the midsection, then set her up for the Three Amigas! Diaz was able to hit all three suplexes, and after the third suplex she hooked both legs. The referee counted – 1... 2... Lynch kicked out just before the 3! Diaz couldn't believe it, and she began arguing with the referee.

Mauro Ranallo: Raquel Diaz is in complete control here... but Becky Lynch is refusing to stay down!

Nigel McGuinness: Becky is proving once again that she is one of the toughest women on the roster, Mauro!

After she had finished arguing with the referee, Diaz grabbed Becky Lynch and pulled her to her feet. She lifted Lynch over her shoulder, setting her up for a body slam... but Lynch was able to counter with a headscissors takedown! Both women got to the feet, and Becky hit Raquel Diaz with a dropkick, then followed it up with the Bexploder Suplex. As Diaz got back to her feet, she went to hit Becky with a right hand, but Becky blocked it and grabbed Diaz by the arm, taking her down to the mat and locking in the Dis-arm-her! Diaz cried out in pain, but she was able to get to the ropes and the referee ordered Lynch to break the hold. After breaking the hold, Lynch pulled Diaz away from the ropes and stomped on her several times, then pulled her to her feet and set her up for the Manhandle Slam. She lifted Diaz up... but Diaz countered into a DDT!

Mauro Ranallo: Great counter by Raquel Diaz there! She drilled Becky's head into the mat!

Becky looked dazed as she got to her feet, and Diaz lifted her up, hitting the Gory Bomb! She hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It's over! Another victory for Raquel Diaz!

The referee called for the bell and raised Raquel Diaz's arm in victory. As Diaz celebrated, Winter entered the ring to check on Becky. Diaz locked eyes with Winter, as if daring her to try and attack her. Winter glared at her, but stayed with Becky rather than getting into a fight. This seemed to please Diaz, and she smiled to herself as she exited the ring. Winter helped Becky Lynch to her feet as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness were recapping everything that had happened so far when "Another Me" by Dale Oliver hit.

Mauro Ranallo: What's going on here?

Nigel McGuinness: That's Alexa Bliss' music... she's not booked tonight.

Alexa came out dragging Tam Nakano down the ramp and threw her into the ring, then grabbed a microphone.

Alexa Bliss: Tam, you really thought that you were gonna take my spot in the Women's Championship match at the royal rumble, while breaking three of my ribs in the process, and I wasn't gonna do anything about it? You're dumber than all these people here in the arena, and all of the people watching at home. I promised the world that you weren't gonna make it to the Royal Rumble and I never break my promises.

Mauro Ranallo: That's uncalled for!

Nigel McGuinness: I don't think Alexa cares.

Alexa then pulled something out of her pocket. It was P-Chan.

Alexa Bliss: The only people that like you Tam, are management, because you wouldn't have got the opportunity to get a title shot as quickly as you did. and these people who cheer for you, because like you, they are absolutely pathetic. And the most pathetic thing about you is the fact that you carry around this damn thing. This panda puppet that you, Mauro Ranallo and these people pretend is real. I'm not stupid. I don't believe in fantasies. Which is why I'm ending this one.

Alexa ripped P-Chan's head off and threw it down at Tam who was still in pain.

Alexa Bliss: Since you broke three ribs in my body and caused me weeks of pain, which I will have to continue to endure, I'm going to return the favor.

Alexa then went to the back and came out with the cart with the board.

Mauro Ranallo: That's the cart we saw last week.

Alexa carefully took the board off the cart and slid it into the ring then pulled the cloth off revealing the board was covered in razor wire.

The crowd chanted for Trish Stratus but she didn't come out.

Alexa Bliss: See Trish doesn't even care about you... you have no friends and you don't deserve a title shot... let's see management have a title match without a number one contender.

Alexa then powerbombed Tam onto the razor wire.

Mauro Ranallo: OH MY GOD!

Tam screamed in pain and as she rolled over, blood began to trickle down her back onto the ring mat. EMTs rushed the ring to help Tam as Alexa Bliss left to go to the back. The crowd was deafening with boos. As Alexa reached the top of the ramp, the half-face painted goddess turned around and motioned that she wanted a title shot.

Nigel McGuinness: Alexa thinks by taking out Tam Nakano, she can steal her shot at the Women's Championship... surely she won't be rewarded for this?

Mauro Ranallo: I expect she'll be fined or suspended, Nigel!

EMTs continued to tend to Tam Nakano as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH FOUR

EBWF returned from commercial cold as “You Think You Know Me” blared from the PA and the crowd moved to their feet as Metalingus hit and Edge came through the fog in his tights and trench coat with the EBWF Tag Team Championship around his waist. He hyped up the crowd and then headed down to the ring, removing his entrance gear as “If Ya Smellllllll….” brought the EBWF World Champion to the arena.

Mauro Ranallo: Two legendary fan favorites getting it on here tonight on A&E!

Nigel McGuinness: This is certainly a pay-per-view caliber event.

Christy Hemme: This match is scheduled for one fall, introducing first, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, he is one half of the EBWF Tag Team Champions… The Rated R Superstar….EDGE!

The crowd cheered, and Christy continued when they died down.

Christy Hemme: And his opponent, from Miami, Florida. He is the EBWF World Champion, the great one, THE ROCK!

Rock stood up on the turnbuckle and threw his fist in the air to the approval of the crowd. Edge waited for him to dismount, but then all bets were off as he approached and locked up. The bell rang. Rock broke it up. They circled again and locked up, Rock got a headlock followed by working on the arm of Edge. Edge countered and got in a headlock of his own followed by getting taken down by a big arm drag from Rock. Rock jumped on Edge who tried to gets up and held him down. Rock got back to his feet and twisted Edge’s left arm . Edge flipped his way out of the submission but Rock took him down with a clothesline. Edge came off the ropes and Rock hit a big overhead belly to belly suplex. Edge somehow got back on his feet quickly and hit a big back suplex.

Mauro Ranallo: Edge mounting some offense here.

Edge hit a few kicks to Rock in the corner. Rock fought back with punches, and went off the ropes but Edge hit an elbow to the jaw of Rock taking him down. Rock was down on one knee but Edge hit a quick elbow to the head. Edge backed up and hit a dropkick taking Rock down yet again. Edge rolled over Rock and applied a submission to the chin. Rock fought back with some big punches and went off the ropes, but Edge took him off of his feet yet again with another big dropkick!

Nigel McGuinness: The Champ is having a hard time keeping Edge grounded tonight.

Edge went for the pin but only got a two count. Edge applied a head scissors submission to Rock and Rock slowly slid his body towards the ropes. Edge found a way to hold onto the ropes to add more power to the submission behind the referee's back.

Mauro Ranallo: Oh come on!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s the Ultimate Opportunist at work, Mauro.

The referee saw the flagrant cheating a second time and broke it up. Edge went for the pin but Rock kicked out after two. Rock fought back with some chops, followed by going off the ropes, but Edge took him off of his feet with a big clothesline. Edge applied another submission to the chin of The Rock. The referee raised Rock's arm two times. Then a third. Rock kept his arm high in the air, as the crowd cheered.

Mauro Ranallo: Edge is taken by surprise!

Rock powered up and laid quick succession open hand slaps on Edge, before spitting in his hand and hitting Edge with another that sent him reeling. Edge bounced forward off the ropes, and walked right into a Rock Bottom. The crowd broke into confusion as a hooded figure jumped the barricade. Rock sprang to his feet and spun around right into an…

Mauro Ranallo: RKO!

Randy Orton pulled his hoodie from his head, and reached for the zipper, pulling it open to reveal the Gateway Championship around his bare waist. The referee rang the bell as the crowd booed. Randy smirked. The camera picked up his raised voice.

Randy Orton: Oh come on! This is the most exciting thing you’ve seen all night!

Edge had come to, and began pulling himself up in the corner. The referee rang the bell again as Randy took the championship belt off, and held it in his hands. Rock was rattled from the RKO and got up, moving toward Edge. Rock swung at Edge wildly, and Edge grabbed him by the upper arms and swung him around to face Randy.

Mauro Ranallo: Someone put a stop to this!

Randy smacked Rock in the head with the Gateway Championship, and Rock fell to his back again.

Nigel McGuinness: Is this…

Mauro Ranallo: Randy Orton has been the Gateway Champion for 444 days. The Rock has won this match against Edge…

The camera continued to pick up Randy’s words.

Randy Orton: What’s the matter, Rock? No catch phrases for me?

The Rock sputtered, as if he was trying to speak. Randy looked from the Gateway Championship in his hands to the Rock’s face.

Randy Orton: That’s okay. You save ‘em all up. You’ll be needing them for the Royal Rumble.

The smirk returned to Randy’s face, and the crowd continued to boo as he and Edge vacated the ring and headed up the ramp.

Nigel McGuinness: Randy Orton has just cashed in the Gateway Championship and declared himself the number one contender at the Royal Rumble.

Mauro Ranallo: Why the Rock? Why now?

Nigel McGuinness: I hope we find out, Mauro.

The camera focused on Rated RKO at the top of the ramp as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote