Warfare Results 03/08/2021

Ben M

Warfare Results 03/08/2021

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! Tonight, we are live from Laramie, Wyoming! I'm Mauro Ranallo, joined by Nigel McGuinness.

Nigel McGuinness: Kicking things off tonight, we've got the final first round match of the Breakout/Gateway Championship Tournament!

"Diamonds and Rust" by Judas Priest hit, and Cameron Grimes made his way to the ring. When Grimes was in the ring, "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora hit and the crowd cheered as Jungle Boy headed to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Cameron Grimes is actually wrestling his first singles match since signing for EBWF in January... can he pick up a victory and book his place in the tournament semi finals?

After Jungle Boy had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two superstars locked up. Jungle Boy put Grimes in a headlock, but Grimes broke free and whipped Jungle Boy into the corner, then sat him on the top rope. Grimes tried to set Jungle Boy up for a superplex, but Jungle Boy kicked him away, then hit a dropkick. As both men got to their feet, Jungle Boy hit a tilt-a-whirl headscissors takedown. Grimes rolled out of the ring, and Jungle Boy ran against the ropes, before hitting a tope suicida!

Nigel McGuinness: An impressive start by Jungle Boy!

Mauro Ranallo: He's come flying out the blocks, Nigel... literally!

Jungle Boy threw Grimes back into the ring, then rolled back into the ring himself and stomped on Grimes several times. Jungle Boy pulled Grimes to his feet and set him up for a DDT, but Grimes broke free and hit Jungle Boy with a series of punches, then hit him with a suplex. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Jungle Boy kicked out! Grimes pulled Jungle Boy to his feet and hit him with some more right hands, then whipped him against the ropes. As Jungle Boy hit the ropes, Grimes got in position for a back body drop, but Jungle Boy countered with a kick to the face! Grimes staggered backwards, looking dazed, and Jungle Boy charged towards him, taking Grimes down with a lariat! Jungle Boy followed up with a springboard moonsault, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Grimes kicked out! Grimes tried to get to his feet, but Jungle Boy hit him with a knee to the face, then applied an STF!

Nigel McGuinness: Jungle Boy calls that the Snare Trap... but will his trap make Grimes tap?

Grimes was able to get to the ropes, and Jungle Boy broke the hold. Grimes then rolled out of the ring, giving himself more time to recover. Jungle Boy ran against the ropes, and went to hit Grimes with a baseball slide... but Grimes moved out of the way! Grimes then pulled Jungle Boy out of the ring and threw him into the ringside barrier, before hitting a powerbomb. Grimes climbed back into the ring, and the referee began counting Jungle Boy out... but as he reached the count of 6, Jungle Boy got to his feet and stumbled back into the ring. Grimes hit Jungle Boy with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes. As Jungle Boy ran back towards him, Grimes went for the Moon Breaker... but Jungle Boy ducked out of the way! Jungle Boy then got behind Grimes, hitting a Reverse Rana! He hooked the leg once more – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! Jungle Boy advances to the semi finals, where he will take on Raven!

Nigel McGuinness: We'll see that match next week, Mauro, alongside the other semi final match, which is The Miz versus Finn Balor!

As Jungle Boy made his way up the ramp, he was joined by Paul London and Luchasaurus. The three men celebrated together as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from commercial, Kayla Braxton was shown standing in front of the Rated RKO’s locker room door.

Kayla Braxton: Ladies and Gentlemen, the EBWF World Champion, Randy Orton.

The camera panned over to widen the frame, and showed Randy standing in near Kayla with the World Championship on his shoulder and the EBWF Tag Title around his waist.

Randy Orton: Thanks, Kayla.

Kayla Braxton: We are just three weeks away from Wrestl…

The locker room door then opened, and Kayla tried to continue as The Rated R Superstar, Edge, exited the locker room and surveyed the scene.

Edge: You know Kayla… I have something to say.

Kayla started to object, saying she was interviewing Randy, but Edge held up his hand.

Edge: He’s said plenty.

Kayla Braxton: He’s actually said very little.

Edge: I think he was very clear when he came out to the ring a couple of weeks ago. It’s my turn.

Randy waved his hand toward the microphone, telling Edge to continue.

Kayla Braxton: Okay, Edge. What’s on your mind?

Edge: I won the EBWF Royal Rumble and did you request an interview? Did anyone contact me and ask for my reaction to winning the Royal Rumble? That was over a month ago, Kayla. I’ve just been sitting back patiently thinking someone was going to want an interview with the number one contender for the EBWF World Championship, but here we are. Another day. More questions for Randy.

Kayla continued to hold the microphone, but said nothing.

Edge: So when I walked into the Royal Rumble and did exactly what I said I would do, I opened up infinite possibilities for EBWF at Wrestlemania 20. I opened the door for one of the most anticipated matches of all time. I helped put EBWF back in the headlines, and in 3 weeks at Wrestlemania, EBWF is going to see one of the greatest main events in the company’s history.

Edge glanced at Randy and then looked down at Kayla, before speaking into the microphone.

Edge: You’re welcome.

Randy smirked, and Edge immediately turned on his heel, walking back into the locker room. Randy gave a little shrug in Kayla’s direction and followed Edge into the room as the scene faded to black.

MATCH TWO

"What About Me" hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Raven made his way to the ring for the next match.

Mauro Ranallo: And here comes Raven, who picked up an impressive victory last week over AJ Styles. Can he get another win tonight against "The Big Dog", Roman Reigns?

When Raven was in the ring, "The Truth Reigns" hit and Roman Reigns headed to the ring. Upon entering the ring, Reigns locked eyes with Raven, who clenched his fists, ready for a fight. The referee called for the bell and the two men locked up. Raven put Reigns in a headlock, but Reigns fought out of it and pushed Raven against the ropes, then took him down with a clothesline. As Raven got back to his feet, Reigns hit him with a series of punches, before lifting him up and hitting a scoop powerslam. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Raven kicked out! Reigns pulled Raven to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then charged towards him, going for a corner clothesline... but Raven moved out of the way at the last second! Reigns collided with the turnbuckles, and Raven grabbed him from behind, pulling him away from the corner before throwing him shoulder first into the ring post! Reigns fell to the mat, and Raven stomped on him several times, then pulled him away from the ropes and applied an armbar.

Nigel McGuinness: Clever strategy here from Raven working the shoulder... if he hurts Roman's shoulder enough, that might make it difficult for Reigns to hit the Spear!

Reigns was able to get his foot on the ropes, and the referee ordered Raven to break the hold. Raven pulled Reigns to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then hit him with a series of punches, before hitting a bulldog. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Reigns kicked out! Raven pulled Reigns to his feet and hit him with some more right hands, then set him up for an STO... but Reigns blocked it, and countered with a spinebuster! Reigns followed up with a running leg drop, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Raven kicked out! Reigns pulled Raven to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then hit him with a corner clothesline. Reigns then sat Raven on the top turnbuckle, setting him up for a superplex... but Raven blocked it and kicked Reigns away. As Reigns stumbled backwards, Raven went for a double axe handle... but Reigns side-stepped it, then hit Raven with the Superman Punch! As Reigns signalled for the Spear, "Hell Will Be Calling Your Name" hit and Reigns instinctively looked to the stage.

Mauro Ranallo: Wait a minute... is that?

Nigel McGuinness: It is! The All Mighty is here in EBWF!

The crowd cheered as Bobby Lashley stepped out onto the stage. Reigns looked at him, wondering if Lashley was planning to get involved in the match, but Lashley remained at the top of the ramp, his arms folded, watching. Reigns turned his attention back to Raven, who was now back on his feet. Reigns charged towards Raven, going for the Spear, but Raven blocked it by kicking Reigns in the head, then hit the Evenflow DDT! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3! The referee called for the bell.

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! Raven gets the victory, but you have to wonder what would have happened if Roman Reigns hadn't been distracted by the arrival of Bobby Lashley.

Nigel McGuinness: That's on Roman, Mauro! He should have stayed focused. Raven did, and that's why he won the match!

The referee raised Raven's arm in victory, and Raven celebrated, then exited the ring. Perhaps not wanting to get close to Lashley, Raven left through the crowd. Reigns then rolled out of the ring and walked up the ramp, locking eyes with Lashley. Lashley stared at Reigns, and as Reigns reached the top of the ramp, the two men stared one another down. Reigns then brushed past Lashley, and headed to the back. Lashley smiled, then stepped through the curtain as a video recapping the rivalry between Alexa Bliss and Ronda Rousey began to play.

SEGMENT

After the video recapping Alexa and Ronda's feud, viewers saw a table in the ring with a contract on it and Mauro Ranallo with a microphone.

Mauro Ranallo: Ladies and gentlemen, at Wrestlemania we are going to see what is quite possibly going to be the most brutal women's match in the PPV's history, as Alexa Bliss and Ronda Rousey are going to battle in a hardcore match. At this time, let me introduce Alexa Bliss.

"Papercut" by Linkin Park played and Alexa Bliss made her way to the ring as the crowd cheered. Bliss got into the ring and signed the contract immediately.

Mauro Ranallo: And her opponent at Wrestlemania, Ronda Rousey.

The crowd booed as "Bad Reputation" hit, although Ronda didn't come out and Alexa looked on confused. Then, out of nowhere, Ronda Rousey hit the ring from behind with a pipe and struck Alexa in the stomach. Bliss fell down and clutched her ribs in pain. Ronda then went outside and grabbed a chair from under the ring.

When Rousey came back into the ring we saw Alexa coughing up blood. Rousey then unfolded the chair and picked up Alexa before hitting her with Piper's Pit on the chair. Alexa screamed in pain while continuing to spit up blood. Ronda then took the pen and dipped it in Alexa's blood before signing her name on the contract. The crowd booed as Ronda left the ring and EMTs came in to check on Alexa as Warfare went to commercial break.

MATCH THREE

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we've got the Women's Champion Tam Nakano in action as she goes one on one with Bayley!

"Deliverance" by Def Rebel hit, and the crowd anticipated the arrival of Bayley, but she was nowhere to be seen. The camera then cut to the backstage area, where Bayley was seen arguing with a producer.

Bayley: Where is my pyro? I asked for a large pyro entrance every time I go to the ring... even at house shows. I had it written into my contract. So where's my pyro?

Producer: I'm sorry Bayley, the request for pyro was denied due to budget cuts.

Bayley: Budget cuts? Do you know how much money I bring to EBWF? Most of the people in this arena are only here because they want to see Bayley. Well thanks to you and your "budget cuts", they don't get to. Because if there's no pyro, I'm not going out there.

Bayley huffed, then turned to walk away... but she was blocked off by Tam Nakano.

Tam Nakano: Are you serious? You claim you want to be Women's Champion, but you're turning down a match with the reigning champion – me – over pyro?

Bayley: You don't understand. The pyro is important. It means everyone knows that I'm the star!

Tam Nakano: You might be a star, Bayley... but with an attitude like that, you'll never be a champion.

Bayley didn't say anything, but she looked furious. Nakano turned to walk away, but before she could do so, Bayley grabbed her and hit her with a series of punches! Nakano fought back with some punches of her own, and the producer who had been talking to Bayley fled the scene. Referees and road agents rushed in and separated Nakano and Bayley as Warfare cut to a commercial break.

MAIN EVENT

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Well before the break, we saw Bayley refuse to come out for her match against Tam Nakano because she wanted pyro... Tam then confronted Bayley backstage, a brawl broke out and we understand their match will take place next week.

Nigel McGuinness: Assuming Bayley gets her pyro sorted, Mauro.

Mauro Ranallo: Anyway, it's tie for our main event!

Christy Hemme: Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time for our main event of the evening!

“Catch Your Breath” hit and the crowd erupted for Finn Balor as he came out to the stage for his usual entrance.

Mauro Ranallo: This match could be considered a dream match as Finn Balor takes on AJ Styles.

Nigel McGuinness: Two incredible talented superstars, and they’re sure to bring the house down here tonight.

“Phenomenal” hit the PA, and the crowd gave a huge pop for the EBWF Legend AJ Styles.

Christy announced them both, and then the bell rang. They locked up and tussled around the ring. Balor gave a clean break. They circled the ring, and Balor took him down with a headlock. Balor wrenched the head, but Styles fought up and whipped him off. Balor went for a shoulder block, but Styles stayed on his feet and stared at Balor. The crowd threw out dueling chants. Balor applied a waistlock, but Styles twisted out and took him down. Balor quickly got to his feet and took him down, but Styles got out.

Mauro Ranallo: We’re at a stalemate here!

Balor forearmed Styles in the kidneys and hit the ropes, but Styles wiped him out with a big dropkick. Styles tried to charge him in the corner, but Balor moved and kicked him back. They went into a surfboard submission. Balor then twisted the neck back before releasing. Balor then tied up the legs, but Styles got to the bottom rope. Styles hit a jawbreaker and chopped the chest. Styles went for a sunset flip, but Balor rolled through and dropkicked him in the face. Styles rolled out of the ring to recover. Balor hit the ropes for a plancha, but Styles got in the ring and wiped him out with a clothesline.

Mauro Ranallo: Styles is building the momentum here!

Styles hit a snap suplex and dropped a knee for a two count. Styles got him to his feet, and Balor punched him to the corner.

Styles quickly booted him down and hit a slingshot forearm for a near fall. Styles chopped the chest and hit a backbreaker. Styles kicked him and viciously forearmed him. Styles quickly kicked him down for a two count. Styles forearmed him back, but Balor came back with some right hands. Balor punched him down in the corner, but Styles came back with a kick to the midsection before chopping him hard. Styles whipped him to the corner, but Balor hit a slingshot over him, chopped him and punched away at him. Balor chopped the chest again and sent him to the corner for a running chop.

Nigel McGuinness: Balor on the comeback!

Styles reversed a whip, but Balor turned it around again. Styles went to the top rope, but Balor sent him to the floor with a kick to the head. Balor hit the ropes and hit a summersault senton. Balor got him in the ring and hit a Sling Blade. Balor charged, but Styles countered with the Ushigoroshi. Both men were down. Styles got to his feet and countered a forearm smash with a sit-out facebuster for a near fall. Balor quickly took him down and hit a double stomp to the midsection. Balor stomped away at him and dropkicked him in the corner. Balor got him up, but Styles immediately countered into the Calf Crusher. Balor tried to get out, but Styles rolled him to the center of the ring. Balor got out by slamming Styles’ head off the canvas.

Mauro Ranallo: Balor being very resourceful there!

Balor clutched his leg in pain. A “This is awesome” chant picked up. Balor dropped him to the apron, but Styles punched him back. Styles went for a Phenomenal Forearm, but Balor pushed him off to the floor. Balor went to the apron and hit a running kick to the face. Balor hit a running dropkick into the barricade, and Styles was down. Balor got in the ring to stop the referee from counting them out. Balor went outside, and Styles lifted him up and slammed him over the Spanish announce table. Both men landed behind the table hard. The referee began to count, and both men were struggling to their feet. They both got in the ring at the count of eight. Balor ducked a clothesline, and they hit stereo running cross-body blocks. They then took each other down with a double clothesline.

Mauro Ranallo: This match is brutal!

They traded forearms before Styles hit a strike combination. Before Styles could hit the last big shot, Balor hit an overhead kick. Balor was still clutching his leg. Styles countered the 1916, but Balor clubbed him down. Balor then connected with the 1916 for a near fall. Balor hit a vicious dropkick into the corner and went to the top rope. Styles then wiped him out with a Pelé kick! Balor was out on the top rope. Styles hit a crazy springboard super hurricanrana for a near fall!
Nigel McGuinness: Just trading pitfalls here.

Another “This is awesome” chant fired up. Styles went for a springboard 450 Splash, but Balor moved. Balor viciously dropkicked him in the corner and hit a beautiful Coup de Grace. He covered.

1…
2…
3!

Mauro Ranallo: Are you kidding me!

Nigel McGuinness: Finn Balor pins AJ Styles!

Mauro Ranallo: And he’s overjoyed!

The referee raised Finn’s hand as the crowd went wild and Warfare went off the air.