Warfare Results 05/17/2021

Ben M

Warfare Results 05/17/2021

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Fans inside the Hampton Coliseum moved to their feet as EBWF Warfare went live all over the world.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome to EBWF Warfare. We are coming to you live from Hampton, Virginia and we have a stacked card of first round King of the Ring tournament matches!

Nigel McGuinness: It is that time of the year, Mauro, where EBWF's best and brightest try their hand at becoming the number one contender for the EBWF World Championship and earn that title match at Summerslam.

A Kingdom logo flashed on the big screen and the crowd booed as Chavo Guerrero came out to the ring. He had a confident swagger as he got in under the bottom rope and awaited his opponent. After Christy Hemme's introductions, a Coalition logo appeared on the Tron announcing the arrival of Christian. Christian got into the ring and climbed the turnbuckle, looking out into the crowd for his Peeps.

Nigel McGuinness: Two exceptionally athletic men here, and they're sure to put on a great show.

The bell sounded and they circled the ring. They charged and locked up. Chavo applied a side headlock, so Christian whipped him off. Chavo then took him down with a shoulder block before taunting him. They locked hands, and Christian kicked him in the midsection before punching him in the face. Christian sent him into the ropes and missed two clotheslines. Chavo held on to the ropes. Chavo then ducked a clothesline and hit one of his own. Christian got to his feet and slapped him in the face. Chavo then took him down and punched away at him before dropping ten elbows for a two count. Christian pulled Chavo out of the ring and missed a baseball slide. Chavo charged him, but Christian countered into a flapjack into the ring apron. Christian then took him down and catapulted him into the steel ring steps.

Mauro Ranallo: Christian Cage is determined to continue in this tournament.

Nigel McGuiness: Whomever wins this match up will go on to face Tama Tonga in the next round!

Back in the ring, Christian got Chavo trapped in a chin lock. Chavo fought up, but Christian took him down. Christian hit a guillotine catapult into the bottom rope before stomping the chest a few times. Christian played up to the crowd before applying a neck vice. Chavo began to fight up again, and he got out with a jawbreaker. Christian elbowed him in the mouth and kicked him in the midsection. Christian then went for a springboard move, but Chavo dropkicks him out of mid-air.

Mauro Ranallo: That broke Christian in half!

They began to trade punches until Christian kicked him in the midsection. Christian sent him into the ropes, but he was quickly taken down by Chavo, who punched away at him. Chavo sent him to the corner and jumped to the second rope to punch him some more. Chavo then dropped him with a neckbreaker for a two count. Christian quickly went for the Killswitch, but Chavo leapfrogged him and gave him a DDT for another near fall. Christian begged him off before taking him down and putting his feet on the ropes to pin him, but the referee caught him.

Nigel McGuinness: Christian playing a little dirty there.

Mauro Ranallo: You have to do what it takes when a world championship opportunity is on the line!

Chavo went for a DDT, but Christian held on to the ropes. Chavo charged into Christian’s boots. Christian turned and Chavo walked into the Killswitch! Christian went for the pin.

3!

Nigel McGuinness: He's done it! Christian is moving on to round two of the King of the Ring tournament!

Mauro Ranallo: Congratulations to Christian, and what a way to kick off Warfare!

Christian's hand was raised in victory as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we've got Cameron Grimes taking on Johnny Gargano!

Gargano made his way to the ring first, followed by Cameron Grimes. When both men were in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Grimes hit Gargano with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes. As Gargano ran back towards him, Grimes hit a clothesline, then set Gargano up for a powerbomb. He lifted Gargano up... but Gargano countered with a hurricanrana! As both men got to their feet, Gargano dragged Grimes to the corner, then hit a tornado DDT. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Grimes kicked out! Gargano pulled Grimes to his feet and went to whip him against the ropes, but Grimes reversed the Irish whip, then hit him with a powerslam. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Gargano kicked out! Grimes got to his feet and stomped on Gargano several times, then whipped him into the corner. Grimes charged towards Gargano, going for a corner clothesline, but Gargano got his knees up and blocked it. As Grimes staggered backwards, Gargano moved out of the corner and went to hit Grimes with a superkick... but Grimes ducked out of the way, then grabbed Gargano from behind and hit him with a German suplex. Both of Gargano's shoulders were down, and the referee counted – 1... 2... Gargano kicked out! Grimes pulled Gargano to his feet and whipped him against the ropes, then hit a leaping double foot stomp!

Nigel McGuinness: Moon Breaker!

Grimes hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

SEGMENT

“Celtic Invasion” hit the PA System while the lighting changed to green and orange, and the crowd stood and cheered. It was an ovation the likes of which hadn’t been seen or heard of before. The entrance curtain opened, and Becky Lynch walked out on stage with the Women’s Championship fastened around her waist, greeted by the thunderous applause and cheers from the onlooking crowd. The camera did a close up shot on the center plate of the Women’s Championship and scanned up to Becky’s face as she looked around the arena at the crowd, soaking it all in before she made her way down the entrance ramp.

Mauro Ranallo: Well, the time is upon us. We will learn the fate of Becky Lynch.

Nigel McGuinness: Prior to her absence, Becky had been very vocal over the fact that she is the true champion. With the evidence she provided the night after WrestleMania, one could say that she’s correct in her assessment.

Becky made it to ringside and climbed up onto the apron before entering the ring. In the ring, she walked toward Christy Hemme and took the microphone from her. As “Celtic Invasion” cut out, the crowd broke out into a huge ‘Welcome Back’ chant.

Mauro Ranallo: Becky now has to make a decision. She will either have to relinquish the title belt that some would say she stole at WrestleMania or face suspension. So, what will she do?

Nigel McGuinness: To try to get into Becky’s mind for a moment, she thinks that she’s the rightful champion, that she pinned Tam Nakano first, and that Raquel is a hollow champion. I can’t see her just giving away the title belt. I could see her saying, “Okay, suspend me. I don’t care.” That’s what we’ve come to know about her in the last year and a half. However, moments like this overwhelming show of support from the fans is something that she more than likely wouldn’t trade the world for. So, it’s tough to say what she’ll do.

A few minutes later, the crowd died down a little bit while Becky raised her microphone.

Becky Lynch: So, over the last month, I’d been dealin’ with some personal issues. Me father passed away and I’d been grievin’. In those weeks away, I’d been keepin’ up with Warfare. I saw Raquel Diaz attack people I had history with. First off, she attacked Charlotte Flair and claimed that Charlotte was my best friend, that she knew me well. To that, I say ‘go look at our history’ and ya’d see that I hate Charlotte’s stinkin’ goots. As the weeks passed on, ya kept proddin’ and proddin’ week after week, wantin’ me to hand ya the title that ya never earned.

Becky was cut off momentarily by the crowd breaking out into chants of “BECKY! BECKY! BECKY!”

Becky Lynch: I said it the night after WrestleMania and I’m still sayin’ it now. I’m the true champion. I had to fight through hell in order to get my shot. I pinned Tam Nakano first. Ya were late yet ya were declared the champion in my place and I already provided the reason why. Ya paid off the referee.

The tron lights up with the bank statement of the referee in question and it shows that there was a hefty sum deposited into his account prior to WrestleMania.

Becky Lynch: So, yer no champion. Ya don’t deserve my title. I earned it while ya stuck to bribin’ the referee because ya can’t hack it in the ring with me.

Becky unfastened the Women’s Championship from around her waist and held it up.

Becky Lynch: Last week, you and Leva, bein’ the cowards that ya are, threatened Angelina Love. Angelina gave ya what ya wanted. To that, I say that Angelina’s a fookin’ coward in her own right. She let mob mentality dictate her decision and fer that, she’s a no good fookin’ coward. When she rightfully added me to the title match at WrestleMania, I thought to meself, “Wow, she actually has a spine.” Then, that rulin’ came last week and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that she’s a fookin’ coward.

The crowd cheered Becky and her declaration.

Becky Lynch: So, now everywhere I go, I’m always asked “Title or Suspension?” I go to a store and instead of “Paper or Plastic,” I get asked “Title or Suspension.” I go to a restaurant and instead of “Indoor or Outdoor,” I get asked “Title or Suspension.” I buy a drink at a theater and instead of “Regular Coke or Diet Coke,” I get asked “Title or Suspension.” So, I’ve come to a decision.

The crowd quieted down and leaned in as they waited to hear Becky’s decision.

Becky Lynch: It’d be easier to just say “Fook Off. It’s my title” and I’ll see ya all in a little while, but I can’t leave this show to the borin’ wastes of space that are Raquel Diaz and Leva Bates. So, Raquel can have my title fer now. That is…

Becky laid the Women’s Championship flat on the mat and turned toward the entrance.

Becky Lynch: If she wants to come take it from me.

Mauro Ranallo: The challenge has been set! Becky will give Raquel the Women’s Title back… but not without a fight!

The crowd cheered as Becky stared down the ramp, awaiting the arrival of Raquel Diaz. “Toreador II” by Apocalyptica hit and Becky clenched her fists, readying herself for a fight. Raquel stepped out onto the stage, but as she made her way down the ramp, Leva Bates entered the ring from the opposite side and attacked Becky from behind! The crowd booed as Leva knocked Becky down onto the mat and began stomping on her repeatedly. Leva pulled Becky to her feet and set her up for a double knee facebreaker, but Becky fought back, hitting Leva with a series of right hands. As Leva and Becky exchanged punches, Raquel entered the ring and picked up the Women’s Title. Becky took Leva down with a clothesline, then turned around to face Raquel Diaz… but Raquel charged towards her, hitting Becky in the head with the title! As Becky hit the mat, Raquel turned her over and locked in the Lasso from El Paso! Winter ran to the ring to try and help Becky, but before she could get to the ring Leva Bates attacked her at ringside, throwing her into the ring steps then hitting a DDT onto the floor. As Leva re-entered the ring, Raquel released Becky from the camel clutch and dragged her to her feet. After slapping Becky across the face, Raquel threw Becky towards Leva Bates… who hit Becky with the Superhero Kick!

Mauro Ranallo: Leva Bates has a love of superheroes, but tonight she’s looking more like a villain!

Leva and Raquel threw Becky out of the ring, and a medic rushed to the ringside area to check on Becky and Winter. Back in the ring, Raquel picked up the microphone and began to speak.

Raquel Diaz: Damn that woman has a mouth on her!

The crowd booed.

Raquel Diaz: If she wrestled half as good as she talks, she’d actually be the Women’s Champion right now! Sadly she doesn’t. Yet she wants to talk about my ability to hack it. Don’t worry, I’m going to address the bullshit bank statement Becky “drug up” to discredit me, but first we need to talk facts. Becky Lynch, one on one, I’ve beat her. Tam Nakano, one on one, I was the first to beat her. Gone through hell? I WON the Royal Rumble! I EARNED my shot. Leva Bates, EARNED her shot! Becky Lynch has done little more than get her ass kicked at every turn! This division is propped up on the shoulders of women like Leva and myself. Even as Becky tries to drag it through the mud and muck.

Raquel looked at Becky laying at ringside being tended to. She walked across the ring and picked up the title. She laid it over her shoulder and smiled.

Raquel Diaz: Now we’ve got to deal with the bullshit she decided to shovel onto this title. To try and bury it. Let’s think about this critically. How did Becky Lynch so quickly get her hands on that bank statement?

The bank statement came back up on the tron. Raquel was pointing at it.

Raquel Diaz: You see my name there? Nope! Cash deposit. Funny that this evidence so conveniently and quickly gathered doesn’t have a connection to me. I think it explains the source of Becky’s anger. That’s a lot of money to spend and still get beat!

Raquel shrugged as the crowd booed loudly.

Raquel Diaz: That’s right, that large sum of money was withdrawn from a certain Irish National Bank before it landed in that referee’s hands. That’s the only rational answer. So, we’re going to put that behind us and carry on with building a division that the women of EBWF can be proud of! A division that’s better than one built off the back of Becky Lynch!! Tonight we begin that march forward!

The crowd booed, which seemed to satisfy Raquel. Raquel then handed the microphone to Leva Bates.

Leva Bates: Let me make one thing clear… Raquel and I are not friends. But as the ancient proverb goes, the enemy of the enemy is my friend. Raquel wanted her Women’s Title back, I wanted my title shot, and neither one of us wanted anything to do with Becky Lynch. So we made a pact… take care of the royal pain in the proverbial backside that is Becky Lynch, and then the rightful Women’s Champion and number one contender can have the match we have earned. And what a match it’s going to be! A main event match, if Raquel and I have anything to say about it.

Leva turned to face the camera, then continued speaking.

Leva Bates: Angelina Love, you said last week that we had to give you something “worthy of the spot” if we wanted to be in the main event. Well Raquel and I have come to an agreement, and we think you’ll like it. Neither one of us wants a repeat of the Becky Lynch situation… there has to be an undisputed champion. So Raquel and I are going to make it best of three.

Raquel could be heard off camera shouting “it’s going to be two out of three falls!” Leva smiled, and shook her head.

Leva Bates: Not quite, Raquel… you see, two out of three falls suggests pinfalls, but as we agreed, pinfalls will only be sufficient to win the first stage of the match. What Raquel and I are proposing is something we’re calling a “Tres Etapas Locas” match. The first stage of the match, the only way to win is via pinfall. The second stage, the only way to win is by submission. And the third stage, if it comes to that, will be a last woman standing match. So the loser of our match will have either been forced to tap out, or they will have been beaten so badly, they’re out for a ten count. Possibly even both those things. Either way, there will be no controversy, simply a worthy winner.

Leva handed the microphone back to Raquel.

Raquel Diaz: Forget main event, Leva and I just handed you a pay per view caliber match on a silver damn platter! Are you happy with this outcome, Angelina? We just saved the women’s division, and probably your job too. All you need to do is keep that cuerpo out of our business, and Leva and I will steal the show.

Raquel dropped the microphone, then extended her hand to Leva Bates. Leva shook hands with Raquel, and the two women stared at one another intently.

Nigel McGuinness: Well it looks like the main event for Warfare next week has been set… and what a match it promises to be!

MATCH THREE

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, Rosemary was on her way to the ring for the next match.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, we've got Rosemary taking on Alexa Bliss. A rivalry has developed between these two superstars over the past few weeks, and both women will be looking for bragging rights as we go into the Queen of the Ring tournament.

When Rosemary was in the ring, "Papercut" by Linkin Park hit and the crowd cheered as Alexa Bliss made her way to the ring. After Bliss had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two women locked up. Bliss put Rosemary in a headlock, but Rosemary fought out of it and whipped Bliss against the ropes. As Bliss ran back towards her, Rosemary hit an arm drag, then stomped on Bliss several times. Rosemary pulled Bliss to her feet and set her up for a double underhook suplex, but Bliss fought out of it, then hit Rosemary with a chokehold STO! Bliss followed up by hitting Insult to Injury, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Rosemary kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: An impressive start by Alexa Bliss!

Mauro Ranallo: She's showing why she got the nickname "Five Feet of Fury", Nigel... she might be small but she's feisty!

Both women got to their feet and Bliss hit a dropkick, knocking Rosemary back onto the ropes. Bliss then hit Rosemary with a running clothesline, sending her over the top rope to the outside. Bliss followed Rosemary out of the ring and picked her up, throwing her into the ring steps! Rosemary hit the steps with a loud thud, then fell to the ground looking dazed. Bliss tossed her back into the ring and went for another pinfall attempt. The referee counted – 1... 2... Rosemary kicked out! Bliss pulled Rosemary to her feet and hit a swinging neckbreaker, then climbed to the top rope. She went for Twisted Bliss... but Rosemary rolled out of the way! Both women got to their feet and Rosemary hit an exploder suplex, then as Bliss got back to her feet, Rosemary whipped her into the corner. Rosemary hit Bliss with a series of punches in the corner, then whipped her across the ring into the opposite corner. Bliss fell into a sitting position, and Rosemary ran towards her, going for the Nightmare Make Believe, but Alexa moved out of the way at the last second, causing Rosemary to collide with the ring post! Rosemary fell to the mat, and Bliss pulled her away from the ropes, then hooked the leg once more. The referee counted – 1... 2... again Rosemary kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Another near fall, but Rosemary isn't going down easily!

Both women got to their feet and Bliss set Rosemary up for a Russian legsweep, but Rosemary blocked it, countering with a running bulldog. Rosemary then grabbed Bliss by the legs, locking her in the sharpshooter! Bliss cried out in pain, but she was able to get to the ropes and the referee ordered Rosemary to break the hold. Rosemary did so, then pulled Bliss to her feet and lifted her up, setting her up for The Red Wedding... but Bliss countered it into a DDT! Alexa then went to the top rope and went for Twisted Bliss... this time, she hit it! She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It's over! Alexa Bliss gets the victory!

Bliss celebrated, then made her way to the back as a promotional video for the King of the Ring PPV began to play.

MATCH FOUR

Mauro Ranallo: Our next matchup is another huge opportunity for some evenly matched competitors. Jeff Hardy will take on Finn Balor to determine who will move on in the King of the Ring tournament.

Nigel McGuinness: Indeed the winner of this match will go in to face EBWF's intrepid traveler, Paul London or the perennial favorite, The Miz.

Once Hardy and Balor were in the ring, Jeff got Balor in the corner. The referee broke it up. Balor managed a waist lock as Jeff reversed it but Balor reversed that into an arm bar. Jeff got out of it by reversing into an arm bar of his own, and followed up with a kick to the body. Balor pushed Jeff onto the ropes and got him in a headlock. Jeff sent him to the ropes but a shoulder block by Balor took Jeff down. Balor went to the ropes, but Hardy caught him with a hip toss and followed up with an atomic drop and a snap mare. Jeff hit an elbow. He went for the cover but Balor kicks out.

Mauro Ranallo: Finn isn't going down that easily.

Jeff sent Balor to the ropes, and hit a dropkick onto Jeff's right knee. Balor kept on the knee tying it up in the ropes. Balor hit a knee to the body as Jeff dropped down. Balor got another kick to the body. He went for another but Jeff blocked it and a spinning kick by Jeff took Balor down. Jeff threw Balor in the corner and hobbled around as Balor got him with a knee. He placed Jeff on the turnbuckle and went for a kick as Jeff moved out of the way. Jeff got on the ring apron and went for a suplex but Balor reversed it as Jeff landed on his feet.

Nigel McGuinness: They're picking up the pace now.

Right hands by Jeff as he landed an atomic drop on on Balor, followed by a big splash. He went for the cover but Balor kicked out. Balor got up and laid right hands onto Jeff as he knocked him down. Balor placed Jeff on the top rope. He climbed the second rope but Jeff knocked him down. Jeff hit a Whisper in the Wind onto Balor taking them both down. The crowd was going wild. Jeff was the first to his feet but Balor went right after him, placing him on the ropes. Balor hit a sliding release German suplex, and went to the corner. Balor got on the second rope and he hit the flying knee to the face. He went for the cover but Jeff kicked out at two. Balor went for the flying knee but Jeff ducked, spun and hit the Twist of Fate!

Nigel McGuinness: That should do it!

3!

Mauro Ranallo: What a victory for Jeff Hardy!

Nigel McGuinness: Hardy earns a well deserved victory, and I can't wait to see what is sure to be a highlight in this tournament when he takes on either the Miz or Paul London.

Hardy celebrated in the ring as a video hyping the Queen of the Ring tournament began to play.

MATCH FIVE

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, it’s time for our main event, and it’s a rematch from a few weeks ago. The Breakout Champion Raven beat CM Punk when they went one on one last month... can Raven get another victory tonight, and advance to the next round of the King of the Ring tournament?

Raven made his way to the ring first to a mixed reaction from the crowd. When Raven was in the ring, "Cult of Personality" hit and the crowd cheered as CM Punk headed to the ring. Upon entering the ring, Punk gave Raven a cold, hard stare. Raven glared back at Punk, and as the referee called for the bell Raven charged towards Punk, pummelling him with a series of lefts and rights. Punk fought back with some punches of his own, then whipped Raven into the corner. Punk ran at Raven and hit a step up high knee, then followed up with a bulldog. Punk pulled Raven to his feet and hit a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Raven kicked out! Punk got to his feet and stomped on Raven several times, then pulled Raven to his feet and hit him with an enzuigiri. Raven staggered backwards, looking dazed, and Punk whipped him against the ropes, then hit an arm trap swinging neckbreaker. He hooked the leg once more and the referee counted – 1... 2... Raven kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: A dominant start by CM Punk... he doesn't want to lose to Raven again!

Punk pulled Raven to his feet and set him up for Welcome to Chicago, but Raven broke free and hit Punk with a series of punches, then took him down with a discus clothesline. Raven stomped on Punk several times, then pulled him to his feet and dragged him towards the corner, slamming his head off the top turnbuckle. Raven then sat Punk on the top rope, before hitting a superplex! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Punk kicked out! Raven pulled Punk to his feet and set him up for the Evenflow DDT, but Punk blocked it, countering with a northern lights suplex. Both men got to their feet and Punk applied an arm wrench, then stepped over the wrenched arm and hit Raven with a mule kick. Punk climbed to the top rope and hit Raven with a diving elbow drop, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Raven kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: What resilience Raven is showing here!

Punk pulled Raven to his feet and hit him with a series of chops, then whipped him against the ropes. As Raven ran back towards him, Punk went for a back body drop, but Raven blocked it, countering with a knee smash. Raven grabbed Punk, taking him down with a Russian legsweep, before following up with a leg drop. Punk rolled out of the ring, giving himself a moment to recover, but Raven hit him with a baseball slide, then threw him into the ringside barrier. As Punk pulled himself to his feet, Raven hit him with a swift kick to the midsection, then hit the Evenflow DDT!

Nigel McGuinness: Now Raven has a decision to make... does he get Punk back into the ring and try and pin him, or go for a victory via count out?

Raven threw Punk back into the ring, rolled him away from the ropes, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Punk kicked out just before the 3! Raven pounded the mat in frustration, then pulled Punk to his feet, setting him up for another Evenflow DDT. Punk blocked it, and rolled Raven up with a schoolboy! The referee counted – 1... 2... Raven kicked out! Both men got to their feet and Raven went for a clothesline, but Punk ducked out of the way, then hit Raven with a roundhouse kick. Punk then lifted Raven up, hitting him with the GTS! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! A hard fought victory for CM Punk!

The referee called for the bell and raised Punk's arm in victory. CM Punk celebrated as Warfare went off the air.