Warfare Results - 8/16/2021

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results - 8/16/2021

Post by Ashlee »

SEGMENT

As soon as the show had begun, fans were in their seats now ready for action. An unfamiliar track hit "Real Gangsta" by Khronos Beats blasted through the PA System as the crowd at first seemed confused. Their confusion turned to boos when "REY REY" was seen on the tron and a video package of the NEW Rey Mysterio filled the screen. Rey exploded out of the back with a scowl on his face. He was wearing an outfit that would make Taz proud. A black and orange sweatsuit with a beanie that matched perfectly. He had two diamond earrings and a blinged out necklace around his neck. He confidently made his way to the ring, and jumped over the ropes like he was a 24-year-old kid again. He arrogantly requested a microphone barely moving his hand to receive one from the time keeper. The crowd boos intensified as he brought the stick to his lips. He waited for the sounds to subside before he began.

Rey Mysterio Jr: Last week I told all of you that Randy Orton was scared of me.. and he should be.. and I meant it..

The crowd booed. Rey smiled wryly.

Rey Mysterio Jr: He's not the only one. You see.. you WOULD THINK.. that the #1 contender.. SOON to be EBWF World Champion would be given the chance to CONTINUE to show everyone why he's both of those things.. but NO.. for the second week in a row.. you imbeciles are going to watch a show that I'm not going to be competing in. Why? Is it because the powers that be are trying to rest me? Is it because they're trying to protect me? No.. in fact.. it's the opposite. As I've said time and time again, I have sat back over decades in this business and I've watched.. I've observed.. and I've learned how things work. I know WHY things happen the way they do.. and I certainly know why I ONCE AGAIN.. will not be competing in this ring tonight..

Rey paused for a second adjusting his beanie.

Rey Mysterio Jr: The reason is NOT to protect me.. it is to PROTECT ALL OF IT'S SO CALLED STARS. You see I've made my intentions and my methods clear over these last few months.. and all I've done during that time is dominate, decimate, and DESTROY. I have shown no regard for any of YOU and I've shown even LESS regard for those that I've been in this ring with. So what does that tell those that are in charge? We need to have a show.. we need to have people on these shows.. so LET'S KEEP THEM THE HELL AWAY FROM REY. It's not a dumb strategy.. because one thing I'm not doing.. is taking one match off.. I'm not letting one MATCH go to waste. I have spent way too much time.. wasting time.. and that part of my life and my career is OVER. SO once again there will be a Warfare with a waiting.. resting.. STEWING.. Rey Mysterio Jr. .. which means.. quite simply.. the next time I'm in this ring... NOBODY. IS. SAFE.

Rey flipped the microphone down to the mat causing it to thud against the canvas. "Real Gangsta" played one more time and Rey made his way out of the ring, back up the ramp, and through the curtain.. as Warfare was set for it's first match of the night.

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Well, that was certainly an interesting way to kick of Warfare!

Nigel McGuinness: Rey has a chip on his shoulder, and can you blame him? The whole world has counted him out!

"Tarzan Boy" hit the PA and Jungle Boy came to the ring with his partner, Luchasaurus. Christy Hemme did the introductions for Jurassic Express. As they were hyping up the crowd "Kingdom" by All Good Things hit and the crowd began booing mercilessly as Elias Samson and Chavo Guerrero came to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Our teams are representing Jurrasic Express and The Kingdom.

Nigel McGuinness: I have to imagine that Paul London and Aiden English are watching this matchup closely.

With both teams in the ring, the bell rang and Jungle Boy and Elias started things off. Elias screamed out at the audience to shut up as they were chanting Jungle Boy’s name. Elias knocked down Jungle Boy. And both men went to their corners, and a blind tag was made on both sides. Luchasaurus hit an enzuigiri on Elias and Chavo was hit with an assisted splash. Chavo knocked Luchasaurus down with a series of shoulder blocks. Luchasaurus tripped Chavo and went under him with an arm drag then a springboard splash.

Mauro Ranallo: The frustration might be building for Kingdom.

Head scissors sent Chavo to the corner and Luchasaurus hit a dropkick. Luchasaurus springboarded in with a cutter. Jungle Boy tagged in and a reverse atomic drop and dropkick combo followed by a victory roll.

Mauro Ranallo: Chavo kicks out!

Luchasaurus tagged in and hit a leg drop off an assist from Jungle Boy. Elias distracted Luchasaurus allowing Chavo to hit a vertical suplex. Elias tagged in as Luchasaurus avoided a lariat and hit a few dropkicks. Elias countered a head scissors and hit a buckle bomb.

Nigel McGuinness: Luchasaurus is down, and Elias is going for the corner!

TAG! Chavo tagged in and was used as a battering ram and Chavo countered Elias’s whip and whipped Elias into Luchasaurus. Chavo covered.

Chavo didn't let the kickout deter him, and he went back immediately with a front slam that was only good for another two count. Elias tagged in and hit a body slam and tagged back in Chavo, before picking him up in a double team effort and body slamming him onto Luchasaurus. Elias tagged in and threw Luchasaurus out and took a shot at Jungle Boy.

Mauro Ranallo: They're getting phsical on the outside.

Chavo whipped Luchasaurus into the barricade. Elias went out to join, but Luchasaurus hit a hangman on Elias. He tried for a sunset flip, but Elias picked him up by the hair for a belly-to-belly for two. It was chaos as the referee tried to gain control here.

Nigel McGuinness: Elias and Luchasaurus are the legal men here. This has spiraled out of control.

With Luchasaurus on his back in the ring, Elias standing over him, and Jungle Boy making his way to his corner, Chavo tagged in and went up top. He went for the frog splash, but Luchasaurus rolled out of the way. Luchasaurus flipped over a suplex and ducked a lariat and tagged in Jungle Boy! Jungle Boy fired in strikes at Chavo and then took out Elias. Chavo and Jungle Boy exchanged rights. Jungle Boy avoided a roll up and hit a suplex. Jungle Boy went for the cover, but Elias had recovered and came in to break it up. Chavo scrambled to the outside, and Elias tagged in. Luchasaurus had returned to the corner, so with Jungle Boy still down, Elias charged and hit him with a forearm to ringside. Elias and Chavo took the opportunity to corner Jungle Boy and continually knee him in the midsection. Jungle Boy was able to grab Elias by the head and lay in some hard forearms until he was freed from the corner. He clotheslined Elias, before moving quickly to drop kick Chavo, sending him over the top rope.

Mauro Ranallo: Jungle Boy is showing his grit here!

Elias grabbed Jungle Boy by the hair and drove him face first into the turnbuckle. Jungle Boy was dazed and stumbled right into the set up for the belly to back suplex, but Jungle Boy countered.

Nigel McGuinness: Chin Breaker!

Elias stumbled backward as the crowd cheered, because Luchasaurus had recovered, and was standing inside the ring. Elias walked right into the big boot of Luchasaurus! Seeing their opportunity, Jungle Boy quickly climbed the turnbuckle, but continued climbing to stand on the shoulders of Luchasaurus. He hit the moonsault and pinned Elias.

3!

Chavo had slid in the ring for the save a fraction of a second too late, and before Jurassic Express could celebrate, Luchasaurus dispatched of him by wrapping his hand around his throat for a thunderous chokeslam!

Mauro Ranallo: What a match! Jurassic Express has overthrown the Kingdom here tonight.

Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy allowed their hands to be raised in victory as a Summerslam promo began to play.

MATCH TWO

Christy Hemme: Our next match is scheduled for one fall, and it is a singles match in the women’s division!

Leva Bates theme hit, and she came out to the stage. Just a couple of steps behind her was Britt Baker. The crowd began a “DMD” chant, as she walked in lockstep with Leva to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Britt Baker is here in the corner of Leva Bates tonight, and the EBWF Universe seems to be enjoying this duo!

Nigel McGuinness: How could they not! They’re Beauty & Brains!

“Celtic Invasion” hit the PA and the crowd cheered for Becky who was accompanied to the ring by Winter.

Mauro Ranallo: We’re just two weeks from Becky’s huge Summerslam match against Raquel Diaz for her opportunity at the EBWF Women’s Championship.

Nigel McGuinness: If you ask Becky, she is the rightful women’s champion!

Mauro Ranallo: And if you ask a child what they’d like for dinner, they’d say ice cream, but that doesn’t make it so, Nigel!

Nigel McGuinness: Well, if you ask me, she’ll be claiming what’s rightfully hers at Summerslam.

Becky got into the ring with Leva, and Britt and Winter stood on the floor at ringside in their respective corners. The bell rang.

Mauro Ranallo: And here we go!

They locked up and Bates went to work on the left arm of Becky. She floated over into a cover for a quick one count. Winter beat her hand on the mat, and Britt tried to get the crowd behind Leva. Becky looked the referee as though she were disgusted, and then charged at Leva. Leva wouldn’t stay down, and Becky had to come at her with a few takedowns. Becky blocked a kick and got another takedown!

Mauro Ranallo: Becky Lynch into the bridge!

1…
2…

Leva kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: And that’s only good for the two count as this match continues.

Becky quickly followed up with a backslide pinfall, but Leva kicked out at 2, again. Becky pushed Leva away and Bates rolled out. She had hardly hit the floor, and Winter was just steps away, taunting her. Britt Baker came around and started yelling at Winter, and the crowd started chanting “DMD” again. The referee was at a count of four before Leva returned to the ring and got in some right hands to the ribs of Becky. Becky moved quickly with a few arm drags to get Bates grounded again. Leva landed a kick to Becky’s face, and went to the apron, but before she could see a plan through, Becky kicked her to the floor. Becky jumped out and both connect with a double clothesline on the outside.

Mauro Ranallo: Neither woman is moving!

Britt went to stand over Leva, coaching her as she kept an eye on Becky. Winter came over too, as the referee’s count started. Winter was talking to Becky who was slowly stirring, and Winter turned her attention to Leva who rolled over onto one side. Britt starting mouthing off to Winter, and Winter had something to say back.

Nigel McGuinness: Uh-oh, looks like Winter and Britt are going to lock-up!

The two women got into a bit of a shoving match, and the crowd was roaring, but after a moment Winter and Britt seemed to realize that the referee’s count was at 7 and the match was on the line. They separated and went back to their partners. Britt grabbed Leva and helped her back in the ring. When Winter tried to help Becky, she pushed her away and rolled back under the bottom rope. Leva was already on her knees, so she was able to throw on the headlock.

Mauro Ranallo: Becky is struggling against that surprise headlock.

Britt Baker got the fans to do a Leva chant, but Becky was powering up, trying to get to her feet.
Before she lost momentum, Leva tossed Becky down by her hair. Bates took that leverage to get in another headlock and threw knees to the body of Becky. Becky caught Bates with a leg lariat and a big back kick. Becky landed an overhead suplex on Bates.

Mauro Ranallo: Becky pinned her again!

1…

2…

Leva kicked out, and Becky was frustrated. She immediately grabbed Leva and rolled her up. Leva rolled out and tried for the armbar, but Becky countered again. The two women separated and got to their feet. Bates hit a flapjack on Becky. Leva saw her opportunity and climbed the turnbuckle. She missed a shot off the top rope and Becky connected with another overhead suplex for a two count. Becky hit a forearm to the back of Bates. Leva went flying to the outside and favored her right arm/shoulder. Britt cheered her on, and Leva dug deep to get back into the ring. Becky reared back, but Leva surprised her with an Enzuigiri. Bates went for the pin.

1…

2…

Nigel McGuinness: No!

Mauro Ranallo: Leva was just a breath away, but Becky kicked out.

The camera showed Winter leaning against the ring with her head in her hands. Britt was yelling at the referee about the count being too slow, and had his full attention. That was unfortunate for Leva who was back on her feet and went to run the ropes. When she bounced off the ropes in front of Winter, Winter grabbed her by the ankle and tripped her up. Britt saw that and started yelling at Winter from across the ring. Becky took her opportunity for the pin.

2…

Mauro Ranallo: Leva kicked out!

Britt was still yelling and Becky was frustrated at having to listen to her. The Lasskicker stood up and began yelling at Britt. Leva got to her feet in the center of the ring, as Becky told Britt off. Leva asked the referee a question, imploring her to make Becky return to the match. The referee’s back was turned to Becky and Britt. Once Becky felt her point was made she turned around only to feel Britt’s hands flat against her back as she shoved her toward Leva. Leva hit the Critical Confirmation and went for the pin.

1…
2…
3!

Nigel McGuinness: She stole it!

Mauro Ranallo: Leva Bates has pinned the number one contender!

Leva got to her feet as the referee began to raise her arm in victory, but Becky was already up too. Winter entered the ring, and Britt was quick to join here.

Nigel McGuinness: Looks like there’s going to be a brawl…

“Oh My. Here we go!”

Mauro Ranallo: Are you kidding me?!

Nigel McGuinness: Salt Lake City is in for a rare treat tonight. The chairman is here.

Wes Ikeda: Enough! Enough!

Wes’ music cut and he stormed out on the stage.

Mauro Ranallo: He looks exasperated.

Wes Ikeda: Enough.

The crowd was cheering, and Becky grabbed the top rope and started yelling in Wes’ direction.

Wes Ikeda: Becky, I try really hard to be respectful to women, but I’m going to need you to shut the hell up.

He took a breath, and the crowd gave a mixed reaction.

Wes Ikeda: Every. Single. Week. Nothing but excuses.

He shook his head.

Wes Ikeda: Now, Britt… that wasn’t very sporting was it?

Britt threw her hands up as if she were innocent.

Wes Ikeda: But you got pinned, Becky. And you didn’t kick out. If you weren’t so full of excuses, I might have a half a mind to restart the match. However, because you’re so adamant, all the time, that there’s some kind of conspiracy against you I’m not inclined to make that move. Do you really think all those hard working men and women in the back have it out for you so much that they make it their fool time job to keep you down? No, I'm not restarting the match.

There was another mixed reaction from the crowd.

Wes Ikeda: What I want to do, right here, tonight, is make sure you have no excuses about Summerslam. I want every single woman in that locker room tonight, and all four of you in the ring to hear me right now. There will be no interference. There will be no assistance. There will no wild finishes at Summerslam. Winter, banned from ringside. The Kingdom, banned from ringside. And to make absolutely sure there are no excuses, and there is a definitive, no question, in the history books, EBWF Women’s Champion?

Wes raised his eyebrow.

Wes Ikeda: At Summerslam, Becky Lynch will challenge Raquel Diaz in HELL IN A CELL. Two women enter. One woman wins.

Wes let the reaction die down before he continued.

Wes Ikeda: And Becky? I hope you can back up all that shit you talk.

The crowd popped for that, and “Sound of Madness” hit again. The cameras saw Becky confiring with Winter as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH THREE

As EBWF Warfare returned from commerical the camera panned the crowd.

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, it's time for our main event. Rated RKO defend the EBWF Tag Team Championships against Kane and Maven from The Coalition!

Kane and Maven made their way to the ring first, followed by Edge and Randy Orton. Edge and Maven started the match, and as the bell rang the two superstars locked up. Maven put Edge in a headlock, but Edge broke out of it and whipped Maven against the ropes, before hitting him with a dropkick. As both men got to their feet, Edge hit Maven with a series of punches, then dragged him to the corner and tagged in Randy Orton. Upon entering the ring, Orton took Maven down with a big boot, then stomped on him several times. Orton followed up with a knee drop, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Maven kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: A strong start here by Rated RKO! They don't feel Kane and Maven earned a shot at the Tag Titles, and they're looking to make a statement with a dominant performance.

Orton stomped on Maven several more times, then sat him up and applied a chinlock. As Maven tried to fight out of it, Orton dragged him to his feet and whipped him against the ropes, then hit a clothesline. As Maven got to his feet, Orton got behind him, going for the inverted headlock backbreaker... but Maven blocked it and countered with a snapmare! Maven then headed to the corner, tagging in Kane as Orton tagged in Edge. As the two men entered the ring, Edge and Kane exchanged right hands, but Kane was able to overpower the Rated R Superstar, and after hitting him with a series of punches in quick succession, Kane grabbed Edge by the throat, setting him up for the Chokeslam! Edge fought out of it, and hit Kane with the Edgecution! He hooked the leg and the referee counted –

Kane kicked out! Edge then grabbed Kane by the legs and went for the Edgecator, but before he could lock it in Kane kicked him away. As Kane got back to his feet, Edge went to whip him against the ropes, but Kane reversed the Irish whip, sending Edge against the ropes. As Edge ran back towards him, Kane lifted him up, hitting a powerslam. He hooked the leg and the referee counted –

Edge kicked out! Kane pulled Edge to his feet and lifted him over his shoulder, setting him up for the Tombstone Piledriver... but Edge countered it into an inverted DDT! Edge and Kane both crawled to their respective corners, tagging in Maven and Randy Orton. As Orton entered the ring, he charged towards Maven and went for a clothesline... but Maven ducked out of the way and whipped Orton against the ropes, then hit him with a dropkick. Both men got to their feet, and Maven hit a neckbreaker, then hooked the leg. The referee counted –

Orton kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: The momentum seems to be with Kane and Maven right now... can they bring the Tag Titles to The Coalition?

As Edge shouted words of encouragement to his tag team partner, Rey Mysterio could be seen hopping over the barrier behind him. While the referee's back was turned, Mysterio pulled Edge off the ring apron and threw him into the steel steps! Back in the ring, Maven had Orton set up for the M-Plosion... but Orton countered it into the RKO! Orton knocked Kane off the apron, then hooked the leg. The referee counted –

Mysterio pulled the referee out of the ring before he could count the 3!

Nigel McGuinness: We're still in the middle of a match here!

Mysterio then entered the ring and locked eyes with Orton. Just as the two men were about to lock horns, the arena lights went out. When the lights came back on, Rey was gone. The ring was lit up in red and The Fiend was standing in the ring with Randy Orton.

Mauro Ranallo: It's Bray Wyatt! What happened to Rey?

The Fiend grabbed Orton, hitting him with Sister Abigail!

Nigel McGuinness: I don't understand, Mauro. The Fiend has been going after Randy Orton for months... is he in cahoots with Rey Mysterio now?

Mauro Ranallo: I don't know if Bray Wyatt has his own agenda, or if he and Rey are working together, but we're certain to find out more at Summerslam.

The Fiend stood over Orton, laughing, as "Let Me In" filled the arena, and Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote