Warfare Results - 09/13/2021

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results - 09/13/2021

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! We are live from San Diego, California and the fallout from Summerslam begins tonight!

Nigel McGuinness: What a show we have in store, Mauro! At Summerslam, Chris Jericho challenged Aiden English to a Warfare Games match, and we understand that Aiden English will respond to Jericho’s challenge tonight!

Mauro Ranallo: We’ve also got the Women’s Champion, Raquel Diaz, in action and our main event will be champion versus champion as Breakout Champion Christian Cage goes one on one with the Gateway Champion, The Miz!

Nigel McGuinness: Up first though, two legends of professional wrestling collide as Stone Cold Steve Austin takes on Kane!

Kane made his way to the ring first, followed by Stone Cold Steve Austin. Both superstars were well received by the crowd. As the bell rang, Austin charged towards Kane, hitting him with a series of punches. Kane fought back with some right hands of his own, then whipped Austin against the ropes before hitting a back body drop. As Austin got back to his feet, Kane hit him with a suplex, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Austin kicked out! Kane pulled Austin to his feet and lifted him up, applying a bearhug.

Mauro Ranallo: Look at the size difference between these two men, Nigel… Austin is 6’2” and weights 252 pounds, but in the arms of Kane he looks like a little kid!

Just as it looked like Austin was fading, he fought out of the hold, hitting Kane with a series of punches. Austin then went for the Stone Cold Stunner… but Kane blocked it and lifted Austin up, hitting a backbreaker. Kane then climbed to the top rope, and as Austin got up, Kane hit a flying clothesline! He hooked the leg once more and the referee counted - 1… 2… Austin kicked out! Kane pulled Austin to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then hit him with a series of punches. He then grabbed Austin by the throat, setting him up for a Chokeslam… but Austin blocked it, kicking Kane in the gut then dragging him towards the corner and slamming his head off the turnbuckle! Austin punched and kicked Kane in the corner several times, then dragged him out of the corner and whipped him against the ropes. As Kane ran back towards him, Austin took him down with the Lou Thesz press, and followed it up with mounted punches against the ring mat.

Nigel McGuinness: Austin has taken control here… Kane could be in trouble!

Austin got to his feet and hit Kane with a leg drop, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Kane kicked out! Austin stomped on Kane several times, then dragged him to his feet and set him up for a piledriver… but Kane countered with a back body drop! Austin looked dazed as he got to his feet, and Kane lifted him over his shoulder, hitting the Tombstone Piledriver! He crossed Austin’s arms across his chest, pinning him as the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! A hard fought match, but Kane gets the victory!

Kane celebrated as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

Renee Young was standing backstage in front of a banner with the EBWF logo on it.

Renee Young: Ladies and gentlemen, at this time please welcome The Goddess Alexa Bliss.

Alexa walked into view wearing her Five Feet of Fury t-shirt and black pants.

Renee Young: Now Alexa, at Summerslam you went one on one with Trish Stratus, and despite all your efforts you came up on the losing end. What are your thoughts on that match?

Alexa sighed.

Alexa Bliss: You know Renee, it's not often that I admit I was wrong, but I have to admit I was wrong about Trish. She proved to me and everyone else that she still has passion for this business. Despite everything I did, I couldn't beat her and she definitely earned my respect.

Renee Young: What's next for you?

Alexa smirked.

Alexa Bliss: Well Renee, I think it's time I focus on once again becoming EBWF Women’s Champion and I plan to start my journey next week on Warfare.

Alexa chuckled and walked off as Warfare went to commercial break.

MATCH TWO

“XXX” by SUCHANDSUCH hit. The crowd went wild as Kris Statlander backed out of the entrance pointing and talking to someone. She nodded and turned to face the crowd with a huge smile on her face. The crowd continued to cheer. Statlander walked down the entrance ramp giving high fives and posing with random fans as she made her way to the ring. She rolled under the bottom rope, sat up on a knee and then jumped to her feet. The crowd popped but turned as her music shut off and “Kingdom” by All Good Things started to play. Raquel Diaz stepped out onto the entrance ramp to a loud boo. She looked across the arena and stopped at the top of the ramp. Chavo Guerrero stepped out behind her and posed. The heightened boo of the crowd alerted Raquel to his presence and she turned to face him. He stepped forward and pointed to the ring as she placed a hand on his chest. The two exchanged glances with Raquel shaking her head ‘no’. She pointed at the curtain and mouthed ‘go’ to her cousin. A confused Chavo backed away and walked back to the back. Raquel held the EBWF Women’s Title up and sprinted to the ring. She slid under the bottom rope, jumped to her feet and got face to face with Kris Statlander. The two stared each other down in the center of the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: You could cut the tension in the building with a knife!

Nigel McGuinness: These two women are out here representing factions that hate one another.

Kris raised a hand in the air and extended her pointer finger. Raquel shook her head. Kris brought her hand down and ‘booped’ Raquel on the nose. Raquel shoved Statlander back and shouted at her. The two women got back in each other’s faces exchanging heated words.

Nigel McGuinness: I’m not sure I would have made the Champion mad before the match.

Mauro Ranallo: That’s part of Statlander’s game plan. She says that making her opponent angry before the match makes them more predictable.

Nigel McGuinness: I’d be more worried about it making Raquel Diaz more violent. You remember what she did to Red Velvet at Summerslam.

Mauro Ranallo: I don’t know that I’ll ever forget that.

Raquel shoved Statlander again and the two locked up as the bell sounded to start the match. Kris overpowered Diaz and walked her back toward the corner. Once in the corner the two continued to push and pull on each other as the referee stepped in to break the hold. He got in between the two women and physically separated them. As Statlander backed away Raquel threw a wild punch that completely missed its mark. Raquel rushed out of the corner looking for a clothesline but Kris ducked it and Raquel had to stop herself from colliding with the opposite corner using her foot on the middle turnbuckle as a brake. Statlander followed in close allowing Diaz to push off the turnbuckle and hit a back elbow. Raquel wasted no time mounting Statlander and hammering her forearm repeatedly into her head.

Nigel McGuinness: This is the same aggression we saw from Raquel at Summerslam.

The referee pulled Raquel off Statlander and warned her about her actions. Diaz protested in the corner giving Kris time to shake it off and start climbing to her feet. Diaz brushed past the referee and met Statlander in the center of the ring. They locked up. Kris pulled Diaz into a headlock. Raquel pushed her arms up and swam behind Statlander into a hammerlock. Kris threw her hand over Raquel’s neck and spun back into a headlock. Raquel backed into the ropes and shot Kris across the ring. Diaz dropped to the mat on the first pass, jumped over the Alien on the second pass. Then Kris hit a shoulder block that sent Raquel tumbling across the ring and to the outside. Raquel slapped the apron in frustration. She shouted at the referee to back Kris up before sliding under the bottom rope. They locked up in the center of the ring again. Raquel pulled Statlander into a knee strike and set up for a suplex. Kris locked her foot around Diaz’s to block the suplex. Raquel got revenge by laying an elbow across the back of her neck. She tried again for the suplex but it was again blocked with a hooked foot. Raquel reverted to a DDT in response this time.

Mauro Ranallo: Kris Statlander looks to have the Three Amigos well scouted.

Nigel McGuinness: But the champ is still inflicting heavy damage to Statlander’s neck and back.

Raquel pulled Kris to her feet and whipped her into the corner. She mounted Statlander and pulled her hand back to deliver punches. Kris hauled Raquel up and took two steps out of the corner before slamming her to the mat in a sit out power bomb. Raquel arched her back in pain as the crowd cheered. Statlander pulled Raquel up off the mat and then hauled her up into the air for a brain buster.

Mauro Ranallo: Statlander is putting her power on display holding Raquel over her head like that.

Kris took several steps around the ring and then dropped Raquel to the mat. She made the cover.

1…
2…
Raquel kicked out.

The crowd let out a collective sigh. Kris quickly pulled Raquel back to her feet looking for another big power move. As she went to pick Raquel up, Diaz locked her feet up in the ropes. Kris attempted it a second time and Raquel again locked her feet up in the ropes. The referee stepped in to break the hold, but Raquel shoved Statlander backwards and hit her with a diving forearm. Leaving no time for recovery, Diaz began to lay in forearms to Statlander’s head. She took hold of Kris’ hair and used it to pull her to her feet. Raquel delivered several knee strikes while still retaining a hold on Statlander’s hair. The referee yelled at Raquel not to pull hair prompting Raquel to throw her hands up and back away. Raquel set up for a suplex again and this time Statlander wasn’t in the right space to block it. She rolled over and picked Kris up for a second suplex. The third suplex completed the Three Amigos and left Statlander flat on her back. Raquel went for the pin.

1…
2…
Statlander just barely kicked out.

Nigel McGuinness: Some true resilience from Kris Statlander.

Raquel jumped up on the top rope and taunted the crowd. She hit Statlander with a frog splash and quickly covered again.

1…
2…
Kris just got her shoulder up.

Raquel slapped the mat and yelled at the referee to count. She pulled Statlander to her feet, kneed her in the stomach and set her up for the Gory Bomb. Raquel dropped Kris to the mat but didn’t let go of her feet. Instead, she rolled Kris onto her back and locked in the Lasso from El Paso. Statlander screamed in pain.

Mauro Ranallo: This isn’t a good position for Kris Statlander to be in.

Nigel McGuinness: She’s miles from the ropes.

Statlander continued to scream but refused the referee’s request to end the match. She shook her head and fought through the pain. Raquel put increasingly more pressure on Statlander’s lower back, sitting lower and lower to the mat. Kris stopped struggling and her hands went limp against the mat.

Mauro Ranallo: I think Kris Statlander just passed out from the pain.

The referee pulled her hand up and let it drop to the mat. He turned and counted ‘one’ to the crowd. He picked her hand up a second time and let it drop to the mat. He counted ‘two’ to the crowd. He lifted her hand for the third time. The crowd fell silent. Her hand hit the mat and the referee called for the bell. Raquel Diaz held onto the hold as the referee told her that the match was over. He pulled at her arms and she shoved him to the mat. “Tarzan Boy” hit as Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus broke from the back in a sprint toward the ring. Raquel dropped the hold and slid out just as the duo hit the ring. The crowd cheered. Raquel backed up the entrance ramp as they checked on Statlander. An official brought her the EBWF Women’s Championship. The crowd let out a cheer as Kris regained her senses and sat up. She was holding her lower back. “Kingdom” by All Good Things hit again and Raquel was met at the top of the ramp by her husband, Aiden English.

Nigel McGuinness: The King and Queen of Kingdom together in San Diego!

Mauro Ranallo: Maybe now we’ll hear Aiden’s response to the Warfare Games Challenge.

Chavo and Elias emerged from the back. Chavo was carrying a microphone that he handed to Aiden. Aiden paced at the top of the ramp.

Aiden English: I’m going to be honest; I’ve given a lot of thought to Chris Jericho’s challenge. Warfare Games…

The crowd cheered.

Aiden English: Paul London, Jungle Boy, Luchasaurus and Chris Jericho against Kingdom. In a match that is unprecedented in the EBWF. A match that has been other things in other places. A final battle to settle this war that’s been brewing for years between Jericho and I. Well, we’re in. Kingdom against the Menagerie of Mediocrity. And maybe Chris thinks that it will be hard for me to find a fourth member but that’s because he doesn’t understand my history in this industry. You can’t imagine the number of people I have lined up that want to kick your teeth in. And, I’m not going to tell you which on it’s going to be. I could turn back time to everyone’s favorite day with the man who just happens to be God’s Favorite Champion. We could pepper a little chaos on the EBWF by crying… Well you know the word and unleashing the dogs of war. Or I could dip all the way back to my early days and draw forth a Vaudvillain to bring hurt to you and your crew.

Nigel McGuinness: I can’t wait to see who they bring to Warfare Games!

Mauro Ranallo: I’m just excited that Kingdom has agreed to it!

Aiden dropped his hand to his side. Kingdom posed at the top of the ramp and left, one by one. Raquel was the last one out. She backed toward the entrance while staring at Kris Statlander finally making it to her feet in the ring.

MAIN EVENT

As EBWF returned from commercial the fans in the Pechanga Arena cheered.

"Go Back to Sleep!"

The crowd roared as Randy Orton came from behind the curtain. He was wearing a black Rated RKO t-shirt with a red logo, and dark wash jeans. The EBWF World Championship was on his shoulder, and the tag title was around his waist. He proceeded to walk around the wing, and went to the announce table. He propped both titles up on the table.

Mauro Ranallo: We're being joined by EBWF World and Tag Team Champion, Randy Orton.

Randy sat down behind his belts, and grabbed a headset, slipping it on.

Randy Orton: Hello Mauro, Nigel.

Nigel McGuinness: What brings you out here, Randy?

Randy Orton: Thought I'd have a look at this match.

Christian's theme hit, and he came to the ring with the Breakout Championship around his waist and Maven and Alexa Bliss at his side.

Mauro Ranallo: Well, he ended up coming out with only half of the Coalition.

Randy Orton: And half of the team that wants the tag team championships.

Nigel McGuinness: And it seems like Miz might want the EBWF World Championship.

Randy Orton: That's what the Gateway Championship is all about. I would know. I'm the longest reigning Gateway Champion of all time. Pretty soon, Edge and I will be the longest reigning Tag Team Champions of all time, and then when you look to see who the longest reigning champion for every single active title is, what will you see?

Nigel McGuinness: Randy Orton?

Randy Orton: Correct-o-mondo! Look at the big brain on Nigel.

Mauro Ranallo: Randy, the Breakout Champion is standing right there!

Randy Orton: Oh, I’m sorry, I meant all the active titles that actually matter.

Nigel McGuinness: You’ve never even actually held the Breakout Championship.

Randy Orton: No, I have not. Imagine being a 47-year-old man, in this business for 23 years, and carrying around the Breakout Championship. Clearly, he has peaked.

“Aweeeessooommmmeee!”

The crowd cheered as “I Came to Play” and Miz came out to the stage, pointing out at the audience and mouthing off all the way down to the ring. A video of the ending of Summerslam began to play inside the arena and the audience at home.

Randy Orton: Oh, Rey. It was a good ride, man.

Maven was standing at ringside, on the other side of the steel steps closest to Randy.

Mauro Ranallo: Maven is staring a hole through Randy Orton.

Randy Orton: Oh man! I just figured out who that is! That guy was on Tough Enough like 15-years ago.

Nigel tried to stifle a laugh.

Randy Orton: Yeah! You eliminated The Undertaker from the Royal Rumble when he could still walk. The motorcycle riding mid-life crisis era. Solid 15-minutes of fame, man!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s just Randy Orton’s world and we’re all living in it.

Randy Orton: I like to think so.

Before the bell even rang, the fans had started up a “Miz is Awesome!” chant. Christian rolled his neck, and hopped up and down a little loosening up. The bell rang, and as Miz mouthed off to Christian, Maven grabbed Miz by the ankle. Miz turned toward Maven, and rolled out of the ring, chasing him around the outside. Christian leapt from the second rope with a suicide dive, taking Miz out. Christian threw Miz back in the ring, and hit the slingshot crossbody.

Mauro Ranallo: Not very sporting there.

Nigel McGuinness: Randy, we’d be remiss if we didn’t take this opportunity to ask you how Edge is doing, and if you know who attacked him.

Randy Orton: It was Christian, or the Fiend making it look like Christian. My guess is the latter. Paul Heyman is a schmuck who thinks what he orchestrated was brilliant, when it was actually quite transparent. Edge is tough as nails. He’s recovering well, and there will be hell to pay when he gets back.

Christian nailed Miz in the face with a couple of punches. Christian took to the second rope and hit a crossbody. He went back to the second rope and hit a flying European Uppercut. Christian looked for the Killswitch, but Miz was not caught.

Mauro Ranallo: Miz trying to counter!

Randy Orton: That a boy, Miz!

Miz was caught in a sunset flip attempt, but kicked out of the cover. Miz went to work on the leg of Christian, and caught him with a roll-up, but Maven grabbed Christian’s ankle and helped him roll through while the ref was making the count.

Randy Orton: Excuse me, gentlemen.

Randy removed the headset and stood up, and went to make his way toward Maven. Closing in, he felt a hand on his arm and whirled around, only to be met by a shrieking Alexa Bliss, saying a few choice words about him having no place out here and interfering in the match. Randy put his hands up, slowly backing away from Alexa who met him by stepping forward.

Nigel McGuinness: Alexa serving as the distraction. Maven sneaking up behind the cha…RKO!

Randy had reared back, without taking his eyes from Alexa, dropping Maven with the RKO. Randy bounced up, pumped up. Alexa looked on shocked as Randy slammed his hand on the mat, trying to spur on The Miz.

Mauro Ranallo: Alexa can’t believe it.

In the ring, Christian caught Miz off guard with a swinging DDT. Christian fell back toward the corner and went for a spear. Miz countered and connected with a hard DDT. Christian dodged a splash, and tried again for the KillSwitch, but Miz pushed him away. Christian again tried, but got sent backwards. Miz hit the Skull Crushing Finale!

Nigel McGuinness: SCF! SCF! Miz hooks the leg!

1…
2…
3!

Mauro Ranallo: That will do it! The Miz has defeated Christian, and the Coalition will have to regroup!

The referee raised Miz’s hand in victory and he stared toward Orton, who calmly retrieved his championships from the announce table. Randy began walking toward the ramp.

Nigel McGuinness: Fanniversary is right around the corner! Will Miz cash in?

Mauro Ranallo: Randy Orton seems to think he might.

Randy kept his eyes on Miz as he turned his back toward the entrance and backed up the ramp.

Nigel McGuinness: And if he does, Randy will be ready.

The camera focused on Miz in the center of the ring as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote