Warfare Results - 10/11/2021

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results - 10/11/2021

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

Warfare went live from Dallas, Texas at the American Airlines arena in a cloud of pyrotechnics.

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Warfare. I’m Mauro Ranallo.

Nigel McGuinness: And I’m Nigel Mcguinness! We are just three weeks away from Fanniversary, and I can’t wait to celebrate 20 years of EBWF, Mauro!

Mauro Ranallo: Stone Cold will be there for sure, and we’re going to see him next, taking on Cameron Grimes.

Grimes was to the ring first, followed by Austin. After a series of chain wrestling, Austin hit the Stunner and pinned Grimes for the win.

Mauro Ranallo: What a match! Steve Austin has defeated Cameron Grimes.

Austin threw both fists in the air as Warfare went to commercial.

SEGMENT

As Warfare came back from commercial break "Papercut" by Linkin Park hit and the crowd cheered for the arrival of Alexa Bliss who was outfitted in her Five Feet of Fury T-shirt and long black pants.

Mauro Ranallo: Alexa seems to be in a good mood despite her loss to Becky Lynch last week.

Nigel McGuinness: She has nothing to be ashamed of Mauro. She took Becky to the limit last week and sometimes it's the small victories that count.

Alexa got in the ring and was given a mic by a crew member as her theme song cut off.

Alexa Bliss: You know I bet you all thought I'd be in a bad mood after losing to Becky Lynch last week and I wouldn't blame you for thinking that. But after the match I sat back and I took pride in the small victories that I had gained. Because I took Becky to a level she hadn't experienced before. I took her to her limit, and plus Becky didn't leave the ring unscathed. Look at the footage.

Footage played from last week's match where we see Alexa attacking Becky's shoulder before switching to after the match where Becky left the ring favoring her shoulder. The camera then cut back Alexa in the ring, who was smirking while the crowd gave a mixed reaction.

Alexa Bliss: As you can see thanks to me Becky Lynch has some shoulder problems.

Alexa chuckled.

Alexa Bliss: But anyway enough of that let's focus on the real reason I came out here. You see we all know that Becky will face Raquel Diaz at Fanniversary in fact it's as inevitable as death and taxes but what about the future. Who will be the next challenger for the Women's Championship?

Alexa tapped her chin in thought before sporting a grin on her face.

Alexa Bliss: I know who it will be, it will be Five Feet of Fury, Little Miss Bliss, co-leader of The Coalition. And most importantly The GODDESS of professional wrestling, Alexa Bliss. So Raquel, Becky...

Before Alexa could say anything else, "Geek" by MC Chris hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Leva Bates made her way to the ring. Upon entering the ring, Leva shushed Alexa, then snatched the microphone off her and began to speak.

Leva Bates: Alexa, Alexa, Alexa. That's a name people use a lot to ask questions these days, and it just so happens I have a few questions for you, Miss Bliss. Number one, how dare you? Number two, since when did losing a match earn you the right to a title match? You lost to Becky Lynch last week, you lost to Trish Stratus at Summerslam. You've got about as much chance of winning the EBWF Women's Championship as the Dallas Mavericks have of winning the NBA Championship.

The crowd booed, which seemed to amuse Leva.

Leva Bates: Oh don't worry, I'm sure you'll make the playoffs... let's just hope you don't come up against the Clippers again.

Leva laughed to herself, then turned her attention back to Alexa Bliss.

Leva Bates: Alexa, I admire your ambition... really I do. But the next number one contender? You're looking at her. After all, unlike you, I actually beat Becky Lynch.

Alexa Bliss: That may be true, Leva, but you haven't beaten me. In fact, last time we were in this ring together, I pinned you.

Leva rolled her eyes.

Leva Bates: Oh please, that was almost a year ago! I've gotten better and better since then, whereas you... you're as stale as the rest of the Coalition. But I'll tell you what. If you're so confident you're better than me, why don't we go one on one at Fanniversary? You got lucky before, but I promise you, lightning won't strike twice.

Alexa smirked.

Alexa Bliss: You're on, Leva. And lightning might not strike twice, but when I drill your head into the mat with another DDT, maybe I'll knock some sense into you.

The two women locked eyes with one another as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH TWO

Tay Conti was to the ring first and the crowd gave a mixed reaction.

Mauro Ranallo: Tay Conti will take on Britt Baker here tonight, and Britt is on a role!

Nigel McGuinness: I think Raquel Diaz has a reason to be scared here.

Britt’s theme hit and the crowd cheered as she headed down to the ring and the bell rang. Conti took Baker down and taunted her as Baker got annoyed. Baker elbowed Conti before hitting a rolling arm drag into a hammerlock. Conti countered into a wrist lock and then connected with a series of arm drags and an enziguri. Conti went for a sliding dropkick but Baker moved out of the way and Conti crashed to the floor. Baker hit Conti from behind and then slammed her into the barricade and the apron. Baker hit a Sling Blade on the floor.

Mauro Ranallo: Britt is proving her dominance here.

Conti hit a series of clotheslines for two. Conti went for a butterfly suplex but Baker blocked it and hit a crucifix for a near fall. Baker kicked Conti and hit a swinging neck breaker for two. Baker went for the Lockjaw but Conti rolled her up for two and then hit a leaping stunner! Conti went for the pin, but Baker reversed the roll up and got the shoulders down.

1…
2…
3!

The crowd began changing DMD.

Nigel McGuinness: It wasn’t the cleanest win in EBWF history, but Britt Baker got the job done here tonight.

Britt’s arm was raised in victory as an ad for Fanniversary began to play.

SEGMENT

After a commercial break, cameras found Renee Young as she approached Paul Heyman in the backstage area. Heyman saw her coming and dramatically rolled his eyes.

Paul Heyman: Why is it every time I am trying to conduct business, you pop up out of the ether?

Renee Young: Paul, you’re just standing here alone.

Paul Heyman: I’m expecting someone.

Renee Young: ...and who might that be?

Paul sighed deeply and turned around to fully face Renee. She smirked.

Paul Heyman: There must be a wrestler around here that you can interview, yes? Perhaps Britt Baker, or Rey Mysterio?

Renee Young: Oh, I have a reporter’s intuition about being right here, Paul. Something tells me this is where the newsworthy stuff is happening.

Paul put his head in his hands and rubbed his temples in frustration.

Paul Heyman: I suppose it’s a free country.

“Alright Paul, what do you want?”

Paul grinned, hearing the all too familiar voice behind him. He turned to regard the person addressing him, and the camera panned over to reveal The Miz, complete with the Gateway Championship belt over his shoulder. He fixed Paul with a supremely skeptical look.

The Miz: You’ve got 60 seconds.

Paul smiled and folded his hands together, looking up at the Gateway Champion.

Paul Heyman: Miz, I’ve known you for a very long time. And I have always had a deep respect for the way you conduct your business.

The Miz: 50 seconds.

Paul huffed and nodded.

Paul Heyman: I helped you with your Aiden English problem because I believe in you, Miz. Please, hear me out. Nothing would make me happier than to see you represent EBWF as it’s World Champion. And I want to help you make that happen.

Miz narrowed his eyes, but remained silent.

Paul Heyman: Fanniversary is almost here. Randy Orton is vulnerable. Cash in your Gateway title and challenge Randy at Fanniversary for the EBWF World Championship. If you do, I will put all of my considerable resources towards making absolutely certain that you walk out as a Five. Time. Champion. You’ve already got the ability to do it by yourself. But Randy cannot be trusted. You know he will have a plan. Let me be the ace up your sleeve. I promise Miz, you won’t regret it.

The Miz leveled a stare at the manager, then quickly glanced at his watch with a smirk.

The Miz: Time’s up.

Paul nodded and smiled wryly, patting The Miz on the shoulder.

Paul Heyman: Think it over. Champ.

With that, Paul walked off, Miz watching him leave, noticeably in contemplation as the scene went to commercial.

MATCH THREE

Mauro Ranallo: Still to come, Kane takes on Rey Mysterio in our main event. Up first though, we've got tag team action as The Hurt Business, Bobby Lashley and MVP, take on Jurassic Express, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus!

Nigel McGuinness: Hang on a second, Mauro... I'm hearing there's been an incident in the back!

The camera cut to the backstage area, where Luchasaurus was being attacked by a man in a hooded top. As the camera zoomed in, the man removed the hood, revealing...

Mauro Ranallo: Oh my god, that's Miro! What is he doing here? And why is he attacking Luchasaurus?

As Luchasaurus tried to fight back, Miro grabbed a steel chair and hit Luchasaurus across the back with it, knocking him down to the ground. Miro then locked in the Camel Clutch! The camera pulled back to reveal Aiden English and the rest of Kingdom standing by, watching. English was smiling and applauding Miro's efforts.

Nigel McGuinness: There's your answer, Mauro! I guess we know who the fourth member of Kingdom's Warfare Games team will be...

A number of referees and road agents rushed onto the scene, forcing Miro to break the hold. As Miro and Kingdom walked away, Jungle Boy could be seen running over to check on Luchasaurus.

"Hell Will Be Calling Your Name" hit and the camera cut back to the arena, where Bobby Lashley and MVP were making their way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Well it looks like this match is still happening, but surely Luchasaurus is in no condition to compete after what we just saw...

When Lashley and MVP were in the ring, "Tarzan Boy" by Apocalyptica hit. After about a minute, Jungle Boy walked out onto the stage. He was on his own.

Nigel McGuinness: I guess this is going to be a handicap match!

If he was nervous or worried, Jungle Boy didn’t show it. Upon entering the ring, he challenged both Bobby Lashley and MVP to come at him. Lashley charged towards Jungle Boy, taking him down with a clothesline as MVP climbed onto the ring apron. Lashley stomped on Jungle Boy several times, then pulled him to his feet and hit him with a series of punches. Lashley then whipped Jungle Boy into the corner, and as MVP held Jungle Boy in place, Lashley kicked him in the ribs several times. Lashley then tagged in MVP, who pulled Jungle Boy out of the corner and hit a gut wrench suplex. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Jungle Boy kicked out! MVP pulled Jungle Boy to his feet and hit him with some right hands, then whipped him against the ropes. As Jungle Boy ran back towards him, MVP went for a belly-to-belly suplex... but Jungle Boy blocked it, countering with a suplex of his own. As both men got to their feet, Jungle Boy caught MVP with a swift kick to the midsection, then hit a double underhook powerbomb. He hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1... 2... Lashley ran into the ring and broke up the count!

Mauro Ranallo: Come on, this isn't right! It's 2 on 1 and Hurt Business still can't play by the rules!

The referee ordered Lashley to get back onto the ring apron, but while the ref's back was turned, MVP hit Jungle Boy with a low blow! The crowd booed, then began chanting for Jungle Boy. MVP whipped Jungle Boy into the corner and hit a running big boot, then tagged Lashley back in. Upon entering the ring, Lashley hit a powerslam, then covered Jungle Boy. The referee counted – 1... 2... Jungle Boy kicked out! Lashley pulled Jungle Boy to his feet and tried to apply the Hurt Lock... but before he could lock it in fully, Jungle Boy hit a cutter! Jungle Boy followed up with a springboard moonsault, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Lashley kicked out! Jungle Boy got to his feet and stomped on Lashley several times, then ran against the ropes... but as he hit the ropes, MVP kicked him in the back! Jungle Boy turned around and grabbed MVP, but before he could do anything Bobby Lashley intervened, pulling Jungle Boy away from MVP and hitting a release German suplex. As Jungle Boy get to his feet, Lashley whipped him against the ropes, then hit a spinebuster. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Jungle Boy kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Jungle Boy is showing such resilience here tonight!

Mauro Ranallo: I bet he wishes he could make a tag right now though, Nigel... he's taken a lot of punishment.

Lashley pulled Jungle Boy to his feet and dragged him to the corner, then tagged in MVP. MVP climbed to the top rope, and after Lashley had body slammed Jungle Boy onto the mat, MVP hit a diving elbow drop. As Lashley exited the ring, MVP hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... again Jungle Boy kicked out! MVP stomped on Jungle Boy several times, then pulled him to his feet and set him up for the Playmaker... but Jungle Boy broke free and hit a reverse rana! As both men got to their feet, Jungle Boy dragged MVP down to the mat and locked in the Snare Trap! MVP was unable to get to the ropes, and it looked like he was going to tap... but Lashley ran into the ring and attacked Jungle Boy, forcing him to break the hold! The referee threatened to disqualify Lashley, and as the two men argued the arena lights went out. Then a white spotlight lit up the top of the stage, where a time machine rose up through the stage! The fans inside the arena erupted as Paul London stepped out of the time machine and ran down to the ring. As London entered the ring, Lashley ran towards him and went for a clothesline, but Paul London ducked out of the way, then hit Lashley with a superkick! As Lashley fell to the mat and rolled out of the ring, London climbed onto the ring apron and grabbed the tag rope, calling for Jungle Boy to make the tag. Jungle Boy crawled to the corner and tagged the Intrepid Traveler in!

Nigel McGuinness: Wait a second, Mauro... is this allowed?

Mauro Ranallo: The referee is allowing it, Nigel, and the referee's decision is final!

As Paul London entered the ring, he grabbed MVP and hit a legsweep DDT, then climbed to the top and hit the 450 Splash! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3! The referee called for the bell.

Christy Hemme: The winners of this match... Jungle Boy and Paul London!

"The Heat Goes On" by Asia hit and Paul London embraced Jungle Boy. The two men then raised each other's arms, celebrating their win. As London and Jungle Boy celebrated, "Judas" by Fozzy hit and Chris Jericho headed to the ring to join them. Jericho grabbed a microphone from ringside, signalled for his music to be cut and began to speak.

Chris Jericho: You know I used to call myself a savior, but lately the savior around here has been this man, Paul London. I am proud to call you a friend.

London smiled, and the two men hugged. Jericho then turned and looked into the camera.

Chris Jericho: As for you, Aiden English... once again, you've proved to be a coward! You might have stopped Luchasaurus from competing tonight, you might have that Bulgarian bastard Miro on your side, but I promise you no matter how many times you try to knock us down, we will keep getting back up. I told you before, there's only one way this war is ending, and that's Warfare Games. And after what I saw earlier, I talked to Wes Ikeda, and we agreed a date. Consider this your save the date, Aiden... on November 8th, one week after Fanniversary, Warfare Games is on! Me, Paul, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus, we'll all be ready. The question is, will you?

Judas began to play again, and the crowd sang along as Jericho, London and Jungle Boy made their way to the back.

MAIN EVENT

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, it's time for our main event as Kane goes one on one with the 2021 King of the Ring, Rey Mysterio!

Kane made his way to the ring, followed by Rey Mysterio. When both men were in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Mysterio hit Kane with a series of punches in quick succession, but Kane fought back with some right hands of his own, then whipped Mysterio against the ropes. As Mysterio ran back towards him, Kane hit a big boot, then stomped on Mysterio several times. As Mysterio rolled away from Kane, Kane grabbed him, setting him up for a powerbomb. He lifted Mysterio up... but Mysterio countered with a hurricanrana! As both men got to their feet, Mysterio hit a reverse DDT, then climbed to the top rope and hit a moonsault. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2.. Kane kicked out! As both men got to their feet, Mysterio ran against the ropes and went for a tilt-a-whirl headscissors takedown, but Kane countered it into a sidewalk slam! Kane hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Mysterio kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Great back and forth action thus far!

Both men got to their feet once more, and Kane signalled for the Chokeslam! He grabbed Mysterio by the throat and lifted him up... bit Mysterio broke free and hit a dropkick to the knee! Kane stumbled, and Mysterio hit an enzuigiri, knocking Kane onto the second rope. Mysterio ran against the ropes, hitting the 619!

Mauro Ranallo: Kane could be in trouble here!

As Kane got to his feet, Mysterio jumped up from the ring apron onto the top rope and hit Kane with a springboard seated senton! He hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1... 2... Kane kicked out! Mysterio looked frustrated, and he rolled Kane over, going for the crossface... but Kane broke free before Mysterio could lock it in. Both men got to their feet and Mysterio hit Kane with a series of punches in quick succession, but Kane hit back with a strong uppercut, knocking Mysterio down. As Mysterio sat up, Kane hit him with a kick to the face, then ran against the ropes and hit a leg drop. Mysterio looked dazed as he got to his feet, and Kane lifted him over his shoulder, hitting the Tombstone Piledriver! After crossing Mysterio's arms across his chest, Kane went for the pin. The referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It's over! A big win for Kane here!

The referee called for the bell and raised Kane's arm in victory. The arena lights went red, and Kane raised both arms up before slamming them down, causing fire to shoot out of all four turnbuckles. Kane continued to celebrate as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote