Warfare Results - 10/25/2021

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results - 10/25/2021

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

Pyro shot off as EBWF Warfare went live on the A&E network.

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! We are just six days away from Fanniversary and tonight, we are live from Little Rock, Arkansas! I'm Mauro Ranallo, joined by Nigel McGuinness.

Nigel McGuinness: Kicking things off tonight, we've Jungle Boy in action as he goes one on one with Cameron Grimes.

"Diamonds and Rust" by Judas Priest hit, and Cameron Grimes made his way to the ring to a mixed reaction from the crowd. After Grimes had entered the ring, "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora hit and the crowd cheered as Jungle Boy headed to the ring, accompanied by Luchasaurus and the Gunn Club.

Mauro Ranallo: The last time these two superstars met was in the Breakout/Gateway Championship Tournament back in March. Jungle Boy picked up the win then, can he do so again tonight?

Nigel McGuinness: He should, Mauro... with Luchasaurus and the Gunn Club at ringside, this is basically a handicap match!

Mauro Ranallo: Don't be ridiculous, Nigel! They’re not out here to get involved in this match, they're here to make sure Kingdom and Miro don't interfere!

When Jungle Boy was in the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two superstars locked up. Jungle Boy put Grimes in a headlock, but Grimes broke free and hit a series of punches, then went to whip Jungle Boy against the ropes. Jungle Boy reversed the Irish whip, sending Grimes against the ropes before hitting a dropkick. As both men got to their feet, Jungle Boy hit a snap suplex. Grimes rolled out of the ring, giving himself a moment to recover, but Jungle Boy ran against the ropes, then hit a...

Mauro Ranallo: Tope suicida!

Jungle Boy threw Grimes back into the ring, then climbed to the top rope. When Grimes was on his feet, Jungle Boy went for a diving hurricanrana... but Grimes caught him and countered with a powerbomb! He hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1... 2... Jungle Boy kicked out! Grimes pulled Jungle Boy to his feet and hit him with some more right hands, then whipped him against the ropes. As Jungle Boy ran back towards him, Grimes went for a back body drop... but Jungle Boy landed on his feet! Grimes turned around, and Jungle Boy hit a superkick, then followed up with a springboard moonsault. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Grimes kicked out! Jungle Boy then turned Grimes over, going for the Snare Trap, but before he could lock it in Grimes grabbed onto the ropes. Jungle Boy got to his feet and stomped on Grimes several times, then pulled him to his feet and whipped him against the ropes. As Grimes hit one set of ropes, Jungle Boy ran against the opposing set of ropes and went for a crossbody... but Grimes countered it into the Collision Course! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Jungle Boy kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: What a counter by Cameron Grimes! He almost had Jungle Boy beat!

Grimes pulled Jungle Boy to his feet and set him up for a German suplex, but Jungle Boy blocked it and lifted Grimes up onto his back, applying the Mushroom Lock! Grimes submitted and the referee called for the bell.

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! Just like that, Jungle Boy gets the victory!

Jungle Boy, Luchasaurus and the Gunn Club celebrated together as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

Take Over v2 played and the crowd cheered for the arrival of the Breakout Champion, Christian Cage, who had the championship draped over his shoulder.

Mauro Ranallo: This Sunday, Christian will defend the Breakout Championship against Samoa Joe and Stone Cold Steve Austin in a triple threat match. Of course, a match that doesn't favor him considering the fact that he won't have champion’s advantage.

Nigel McGuinness: But think about this Mauro, a triple threat match is a No Disqualification match and Christian has proven to be a master in No DQ type matches.

Christian entered the ring and grabbed a microphone.

Christian Cage: How are all my Little Rock peeps doing tonight?

The crowd cheered as The Instant Classic looked for his peeps.

Christian Cage: Now, while it's always special to visit you guys, there's another special event coming up in six days. In six days, EBWF will be celebrating its twenty year anniversary at Fanniversary. Now while this occasion is special for everyone. It's real special for people like myself, Chris Jericho, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, and The Ikedas who were with this company at the beginning. Through all the ups and downs, I can truly say that standing in the ring at Fanniversary will be one of the best experiences of my life.

"Nation of Violence" hit and Samoa Joe came out and ran down to the ring. When Joe entered the ring, he immediately began to trade punches with Christian Cage.

Mauro Ranallo: These two are fighting before Fanniversary.

As the two continued to fight "Unbreakable" by Cage9 hit and the crowd erupted as Stone Cold Steve Austin ran down to the ring with a steel chair.

Nigel McGuinness: THE RATTLESNAKE IS HERE.

Austin entered the ring and nailed Samoa Joe in the back with the chair then turned around and hit Christian with the chair. Austin turned his attention back to Joe and began hitting him with the chair repeatedly.

Mauro Ranallo: Austin is beating the hell out of him with that chair.

Austin hit one final chair shot as Joe rolled out of the ring. Austin turned to Christian who was staggering to his feet and hit him with the Stunner.

Nigel McGuinness: Stunner to the champion.

"Unbreakable" hit again as Austin grabbed the Breakout Championship and held it up in the air as Warfare went to commercial break.

MATCH TWO

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, Tay Conti was on her way to the ring for the next match.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, we've got Tay Conti in action as she goes one on one with The Goddess, Alexa Bliss!

When Conti was in the ring, "Papercut" by Linkin Park hit and Alexa Bliss headed to the ring. After Bliss had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two women locked up. Conti took Bliss down with a judo throw, then stomped on her several times. She pulled Bliss to her feet and went to whip her against the ropes, but Bliss reversed the Irish whip, sending Conti against the ropes. As Conti ran back towards her, Bliss hit a dropkick, then as both women got to their feet, Bliss whipped Conti into the corner. Bliss followed up with a corner clothesline, and as Conti stumbled out of the corner, Bliss hit a chokehold STO, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Conti kicked out! Bliss pulled Conti to her feet and set her up for a DDT, but Conti broke free, then hit a gut wrench suplex. As Conti got to her feet, she stomped on Bliss several times, then grabbed her by the leg and locked in the kneebar!

Nigel McGuinness: Alexa Bliss could be in trouble here!

Bliss cried out in pain, but she was able to get to the ropes and the referee ordered Conti to break the hold. After breaking the hold, Conti pulled Bliss to her feet and set her up for the Gory special... but Bliss broke free, then hit Conti with a snap DDT! Bliss climbed to the top rope and hit Twisted Bliss, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... 3! The referee called for the bell and raised Alexa's arm in victory, but instead of Alexa's music hitting, "Geek" by MC Chris began to play.

Mauro Ranallo: Alexa Bliss is scheduled to take on Leva Bates this Sunday, and we might just be about to get a Fanniversary preview!

Bliss turned her attention to the stage, awaiting the arrival of Leva Bates, but Leva came through the crowd and entered the ring from the other side. She was carrying a large book with her, and as Bliss turned around, Bates threw the book, hitting Bliss in the face with it!

Nigel McGuinness: Leva Bates just threw the book at Alexa Bliss! Literally!

Bliss was dazed by the book shot, and Bates charged towards her, hitting a series of punches. Bliss fought back with some punches of her own, then went for a clothesline... but Bates ducked out of the way, then hit Bliss with the Book End! As Bliss hit the mat, Bates grabbed her by the leg, applying a single leg Boston crab! Bates kept the hold locked in for over a minute before the referee forced her to break the hold. As Bates exited the ring and made her way to the back, the referee checked on Alexa Bliss, who was clutching her knee.

Mauro Ranallo: A cowardly attack by Leva Bates, and she might have injured Alexa Bliss!

Warfare went to a commercial break as a medic entered the ring to assess Alexa's injury.

SEGMENT

Nigel McGuinness: It’s almost time for our main event! Edge is taking on the Miz!

Mauro Ranallo: Right now, we’re going to head backstage where Renee Young is standing by with EBWF Women’s Champion Raquel Diaz and Aiden English.

Raquel stood just in front of her husband with the championship wrapped around her waist. She was dressed in black and gold ring gear despite not having a match. Aiden did his best to match in black denim vest and matching jeans. Renee was already unamused at having the couple share screen time with her.

Renee Young: Raquel, two months ago you were supposed to take on Becky Lynch in a Hell in a Cell match at Summerslam. Unfortunately for the EBWF Universe, that match was postponed until Fanniversary. What are your thoughts on that upcoming match?

Raquel Diaz: Espero que estes viendo esta Roja! You and I are finally going to settle a score that got left up in the air at Wrestlemania. You, neciamente, say that you won that match. But everything else, including the official record, says that you are invariably wrong. You attempted to sully my good name. You won Queen of the Ring to earn a shot at my title. And, it should have been settled at Summerslam. All this should already be a footnote on my historic reign. But here we are. Still waiting on the other foot to fall. Becky, the days that you can play off your loss with fake account details and counterfeit checks are drawing to a close. At Fanniversary I’m going to lock you in the Laso from El Paso and make you admit that I’m the One True Queen. La Diosa de la Lucha Libre!

Raquel smiled at the camera.

Renee Young: Aiden, your next big match isn’t happening at Fanniversary but the Warfare following. How are you preparing for Warfare Games and what’s it like reuniting with Miro?

Aiden English: You know what day it is Chris? The Universe knows! Today is Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu….. No, none of you deserve that. Today is a day of reckoning Chris. Today is the day you have to look back on all the jokes and eat crow. All your mocking. Jests that I couldn’t find a fourth man for Royalty. And now we’ve made you look the fool you are. Oh, it’s great to have Miro by my side! And it’s like we haven’t missed a step. The funniest part is that the Universe ever got behind you to begin with. But now they see what kind of firepower Kingdom brings to the table and it is awe inspiring.

Aiden thrust his hands out to the side.

Aiden English: You think it was difficult Chris? No. My phone never stopped ringing. If it wasn’t Miro showing up on Warfare it could have been Creed. Someone I’ve formed a deep connection with in the Old Company. You don’t think Raquel couldn’t pick up the phone dial one number and have Konnor, Viktor and Tito sitting at your doorstep? You’re connected Chris. But, so am I. You just don’t understand how deep my roots run. You don’t understand the complexity of the Kingdom I’ve built. You don’t see all the men at arms jumping at a chance to kick your head in! But Chris, I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Miro isn’t going to stop coming for you and your boys. He’s not going to stop until he’s had his way with every single one of you. And I’m not finished dragging the past out of both our closets. I’m looking forward to Warfare Games.

Aiden kissed Raquel on the cheek. She smirked and tapped the title. The couple walked off as Renee stared into the camera.

Renee Young: I guess that’s back to you at ringside Mauro.

MAIN EVENT

Mauro Ranallo: I’m not sure I’d want to be Chris Jericho right now, Mauro.

Nigel McGuinness: Fanniversary is shaping up to be the unforgettable night we’re all expecting.

“Metalingus” hit and the crowd inside the arena leapt to their feet as Edge came from behind the curtain. He had the EBWF Tag Championship around his waist and played to the fans before charging down the ramp.

Mauro Ranallo: Two more EBWF stalwarts sure to be at the festivities next week. Edge will take on Miz in our main event tonight.

Edge got into the ring when “I Came to Play” hit and the crowd continued to cheer as The Miz came to the ring. He had the Gateway Championship on his shoulder, and came to the ring, handing the belt over to the timekeeper before getting into the ring himself.

Nigel McGuinness: This one is going to be a barn burner!

The referee rang the bell, and they circled the ring. They locked up but got nowhere, as Miz quickly broke it. They circled the ring again and locked up. Edge backed him to the corner and Miz turned him. Miz went for a cheap shot but Edge quickly turned it on him. They locked up and Edge got a waist lock. Edge hit a takedown and Miz quickly got back to his feet. Miz turned it and Edge countered with a beautiful northern lights suplex for a one count.

Mauro Ranallo: A rare move from Edge’s arsenal. Wait…

Nigel McGuinness: What is this?

Paul Heyman had come to the stage and the crowd was booing mercilessly. He went down to the ramp and stopped at the ring apron.

Miz was getting to his feet, and Edge looked to Miz. The camera picked up his question.

Edge: What’s he doing here?

Miz looked genuinely curious, but he shrugged at Edge.

Nigel McGuinness: Miz is saying he doesn’t know what Heyman is doing out here.

Mauro Ranallo: Paul Heyman has been playing mind games with Rated RKO both directly, and through Bray Wyatt, for months now! He seems to be courting Miz, and we’re expected to believe Miz has no idea.

Edge glared at Heyman before putting on a side headlock. Miz whipped him off but took a shoulder block. Edge taunted Miz and got a favorable reaction from the crowd. They locked up and Edge got a side headlock on. Miz broke it and clubbed Edge down. Edge rolled out of the ring so Miz went for a baseball slide and Edge quickly got back in. Miz went to get in but Edge slid out, pulled Miz out, and sent him to the barricade. Edge forearmed him and sent him back into the ring. Edge hit some punches and whipped him to the corner. Edge charged, avoided the boot by sliding out of the ring, and swept the feet. Edge punched Miz on the apron and went to get back in but Miz kneed him in the face. Miz sends him into the ring post and Edge fell to ringside.

Paul Heyman: Yes, Miz! Come out here and get him!

Miz gave Heyman a confused look, but followed Edge out of the ring. Miz motioned for Heyman to go to the back, but Paul didn’t seem interested as Miz helped Edge back in the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: See, Mauro! Miz told Heyman to go away.

Back in the ring, Miz was hitting Edge in the neck with some elbows. Miz applied a chin lock. Edge fought up and and tried to elbow at him, but Miz slammed him back down by the hair. Miz went into the ropes and hit a running boot to the face for a near fall. Edge quickly went to the ropes where Miz choked him. Miz punched Edge in the corner before being backed up by the referee. Miz then hit a nasty clothesline. Miz went to the top rope and went for a double axe handle but Edge countered into a flapjack. On instinct, Edge went for the cover, but Miz kicked out at two.

Nigel McGuinness: They’re both down!

Heyman covered his face with is hands, as both men tried to gather themselves.

The Miz was the first up and he punched at Edge. Edge finally ducked one and hit a Russian Leg Sweep. Edge punched Miz until he ducked, went into the ropes, and hit a big boot. Edge hit a pair of clotheslines before having a whip reversed on him. Edge countered a scoop slam into the Edge-O-Matic for a near fall.

Mauro Ranallo: Edge thought he had it.

Edge held up three fingers at the referee, but quickly moved on going for the Edgecution, but Miz countered into a backbreaker for a near fall. Miz waits for the Skull Crushing Finale but Edge counters into the Edgecution, but Miz shifted his weight and Edge lost his footing and both men fell into the referee who spilled out of the ring to the outside. Edge turned around to check on the ref, but Miz spun him around and hit the Skull Crushing Finale.

Mauro Ranallo: There’s no referee! There’s no referee!

Miz looked beside himself, and peered down at Edge who was on the mat. The camera picked up Heyman again.

Paul Heyman: Finish him!

Nigel McGuinness: What is this, Street Fighter?

The crowd booed as Heyman circled over to the time keeper. He took a chair from that area and slid it into the ring. Miz glanced down at the chair, and then to Paul. He shook his head, and waved Heyman off before helping Edge up by the hair. Edge began laying in punches from his knees and eventually fought his way to his feet. Edge got the upper hand with a face buster, and he went to the corner calling for the spear. The crowd cheered.

Mauro Ranallo: There’s no official!

Miz got to his feet and charged, but Miz sidestepped the spear! Edge went shoulder first into the turnbuckle. Edge stumbled out in pain and walked right into the SCF on the chair! The crowd booed, and Miz pulled Edge toward the center of the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: There’s no referee, but Miz has the pin here.

There was no one to slam their hand to the mat, but the crowd made the count.

1…
2…

Edge kicked out! The crowd roared.

Nigel McGuinness: The crowd is on their feet, and Miz can’t believe it.

Miz looked to Heyman for a moment, and finally stood to his feet and picked up the chair. The crowd started a “no” chant as Miz kept looking from the chair in his hand to the prone man on the mat at his feet.

Mauro Ranallo: No, Miz! No! You can’t come back from this.

Paul Heyman: Do it! Do it!

Before Miz could make a decision, the crowd popped huge and the EBWF World Champion, Randy Orton, ran down the ramp.

Nigel McGuinness: Edge’s tag team partner is having none of it.

Miz tossed the chair to be ready for an incensed Orton. Orton met Miz with a right hand and the two men began to brawl from rope to rope.

Mauro Ranallo: What is that mad man doing? Heyman! Has he lost his mind?

The errant chair was just near the center of the ring, and Heyman eyed it hard before finally deciding to slide into the ring. Meanwhile, Randy and Miz were brawling in the corner and Randy caught Miz with the rope hung DDT. Heyman got to the chair, and quickly slid it out of the ring, but before he could even get steady on his feet, Orton turned on him and hit him with the RKO!

Nigel McGuinness: Orton has leveled Heyman, and Miz is down!

Orton grabbed Heyman by the shirt color and helped him out of the ring by throwing him over the second rope. Randy hit the mat and rolled out under the bottom rope to follow him. The referee had come to on the outside and began to slowly make his way into the ring. The crowd cheered as Edge started to pull himself up in the corner. Miz came to, standing up and leaning against the top rope. He turned around quickly, and got taken off his feet.

Mauro Ranallo: Spear! Spear!

Edge hooked the leg.

1…

2…

3!

Mauro Ranallo: Edge! Edge has done it! The ring awareness.

Randy reached into the ring and grabbed Edge by the ankle pulling him out of the ring. Miz rolled to his side, and crawled toward the bottom rope. He glared at Rated RKO, leering as the anger overcame his face.

Nigel McGuinness: Paul Heyman hasn’t moved an inch!

Rated RKO backed up the ramp, and Orton gave Miz a little wave as he sneered from between the ropes. The crowd started chanting “Miz Sucks” and Miz turned his attention from Rated RKO to the crowd. He pulled himself to his feet, screaming at the crowd in disbelief. Miz got out of the ring as Rated RKO looked on. Miz was telling fans off. He reached into the audience and grabbed a Rated RKO sign, ripping it in two as the boos grew louder. He saw a little boy in a Miz headband, and snatched it from his head.

The Miz: You don’t deserve this!

Miz sauntered over to the time keeper and picked up the Gateway Championship. He adjusted the title on his shoulder, and took a microphone.

The Miz: You want to chant that I suck? After all I’ve done for you?

That made them boo louder.

The Miz: You know what? You know…

He glared up at Rated RKO on the ramp.

The Miz: You two seem really proud of yourselves! Wes!

Edge and Orton started to look around and Miz’s fit continued.

The Miz: Wes Ikeda! I know you’re back there! Get out here. Get out here and do your job.

There was a beat as the crowd cheered and then “Sound of Madness” hit and Wes came out from behind the curtain. He stepped past Rated RKO and stood halfway down the ramp between them and Miz. Miz did not hesitate. He walked up to meet Wes, and held out the Gateway Championship. Wes reached up tentatively, and then took it from him. The crowd erupted again.

Mauro Ranallo: What?! Miz is cashing in, Nigel! Miz has cashed in.

Wes looked down at the title in his hands and nodded.

The Miz: There you go, boss. Orton, Miz. Fanniversary. 20th anniversary of EBWF - for the EBWF world championship. The most must see main event in EBWF pay-per-view history, and it’s gonna be AW-whole lot more than these people deserve!

Miz dropped the mic. “I Came to Play” hit and the crowd showered him with deafening boos as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote