Resolution to Revolution

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

Resolution to Revolution

Post by Billy »

Jungle Boy was sitting on a shipping crate backstage when Renee Young walked up with a microphone in hand. He was dressed in his ring gear and hyping himself up for a match later in the evening. He stared down at the shipping crate with no awareness of Renee's presence. She coughed. He counted on his fingers. She coughed again, louder and more stern. Jungle Boy cocked his head to the side momentarily before turning his gaze to meet hers. His stern expression faded quickly and he let out a slight chuckle.

Jungle Boy
Oh hey! I didn't see you there Renee!

Renee Young
Clearly. I came looking to ask you about your match tonight but it seems you're deep in thought! Are you concocting a plan to deal with Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa?

Jungle Boy
That would make more sense wouldn't it? If I were mentally preparing myself to face our first obstacle of twenty twenty-two! But alas, did I use that right? I'll have to ask Paul. Anyhow, no. That's a better way of saying it. I'm not sitting here concocting a plan to take on the Guerillas. Instead, I'm working up what I am going to do to improve myself in the new year!

Renee Young
Oh! So you're working on your New Year's Resolutions? That's great! What do you have so far?

Jungle Boy
This has got to be the most difficult part of life doesn't it? Identifying your own weakness, picking yourself apart and trying to decide what you can do to make yourself stronger, smarter, more organized. But it's like, trivial. For most people these half hearted promises and pretend goals never amount to anything. Statistics, according to Paul, say that most people give up on their resolutions before February rears its ugly head. So we waste our hours that could be productive planning to be productive knowing full well that we're going to abandon these plans as soon as they're no longer fun, new and easy. So armed with this knowledge I have to come up with goals that I can meet, that I can stick to, that I won't burn out on in four weeks. Better wrestler? Cliche! I'm going to get bored pretending like extra hours in the gym are going to work me up into a frenzy and make me compete on a new level. Become a champion? Yeah, that's not a new goal. That's the daily grind of the industry. Maybe I'll set my sights on improving my already impressive stamina. Probably not though. And that's why I was so lost in thought when you showed up. I've got a thousand ideas, a hundred possibilities, a dozen worries and nothing to settle on.

Renee Young
So you have nothing?

Jungle Boy
I have nothing. Nothing that works as a resolution, and so I'm going to set my sights on something more realistic. Something that is within my reach tonight. I'm going to go down to the ring and kick this New Year off by starting a Jurassic Revolution. By going out there and beating the Guerillas of Destiny in a match that reignites the passion of the division. A match that can only be described as wild beyond belief.

Renee Young
I get what you did there!

Jungle Boy
Low hanging banana huh? They're Guerillas, my partner is a dinosaur and I'm EBWF's Tarzan. It's an interesting mix. A comic book waiting to write itself in the ring. A clash of styles. A rumble in the jungle for the new year. And, Jurassic Express has a one way ticket to victory.

Renee Young
I appreciate your time.

Luchasaurus walked into frame with an apple in his hand. It was missing a ragged bite, the scar tinged the emerald green of his tongue. He looked at Jungle Boy and Renee in rapid succession. A hesitant second and he offered the tainted fruit to Renee with an outstretched hand. She waved it away vehemently. He turned it over in his hand and offered it to Jungle Boy in a swift movement. He swept his long hair to the side and eyed to fruit suspiciously. Jungle Boy shrugged, took the fruit and ate it before anyone could protest. Renee's face showed a green tinge momentarily at the site of Jungle Boy biting into the fruit. He looked at Luchasaurus and smiled.

Jungle Boy
Thanks big guy! This is going to help me make it through the match tonight!

Renee Young
We were talking about New Year's Resolutions before you arrived. Luchasaurus, do you have any resolutions in mind?

Luchasaurus
I'm going to eat more meat in the New Year.

Jungle Boy
Paul better get a butcher on hand in the booth. You already eat your body weight in meat every week!

Luchasaurus
I'm going to set a record this year!

Renee Young
Well, I for one want to wish you both the best of luck. Both in your match tonight and in your goals for twenty twenty-two.

Jungle Boy
Thanks Renee, we appreciate it! Even thought, we don't need luck to beat the Guerillas!

Luchasaurus
FOOD! Let's get food!

Renee shook her head and shrugged to the camera. She walked away and the camera held firm on Jurassic Express. Jungle Boy cleaned the apple on his wrist band before taking another bite. The shot cut away to black in a single frame.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*