Warfare: Final Resolution 01/03/2022

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare: Final Resolution 01/03/2022

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

The EBWF Logo flashed on the screen as Warfare went live inside the Rupp Arena. More pyro than usual shot off from the stage as Mauro Ranallo bellowed.

Mauro Ranallo: Happy New Year EBWF Fans! Welcome to Final Resolution!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s our first show of the year, and we’re getting underway with some one on one action.

“Fist Pump” hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction to the arrival of Robbie E. “Unsettling Differences” filled the arena and the crowd cheered the arrival of Kevin Steen.

Mauro Ranallo: Both of these men are newcomers to EBWF and they’ll be looking to make their mark here in 2022.

After the introductions, the bell rang. Steen charged in with right hands.

Nigel McGuinness: Kevin Steen leading with aggression here.

Steen slammed Robbie into the turnbuckle. Steen climbed the top rope as Robbie rolled onto the ring apron. Steen followed him onto the ring apron as Robbie clotheslined him down.

Mauro Ranallo: Robbie E with some offense.

Robbie went for the cover but Steen kicked out. Robbie grabbed Steen but Steen lifted Robbie up and slammed him neck first onto his knee. He went for the cover.

1…
2…

Mauro Ranallo: No Good!

Steen threw Robbie to the ropes but Robbie got a kick to the side of the head. Steen fell to the outside as Robbie hit him with a suicide dive. He helped Steen back into the ring. Robbie got another kick to the side of the head.

Nigel McGuinness: He should go for the pin, but… No!

Robbie wanted more and slammed Steen face first onto the mat. He went for the cover but Steen kicked out. Robbie ran to the ropes but Steen followed through with a clothesline. He hit Robbie with a powerbomb. Robbie E tried to stumble up and Steen hit him with the stunner!
Mauro Ranallo: It has to be over!

1…
2…
3!

Nigel McGuinness: What a win for Kevin Steen!

Mauro Ranallo: You got to think that with a performance like that, Kevin Steen would be in line for a shot at Xavier Woods’ Breakout Championship.

Kevin Steen celebrated in the ring as the scene cut to backstage.

SEGMENT

The camera found Rated RKO standing backstage. The EBWF Tag Team Championships were perched on their shoulders, and Edge wore the Gateway Championship around his waist. Randy had a small butterfly bandage above his eye and Edge had an obvious burn on his shoulder, lingering signs of their TLC4 match at Christmas Eve of Destruction.

Randy Orton: Happy New Year, buddy!

Edge: Yeah, man! 2022. Got any big plans?

Edge reached into his back pocket and produced a flask. He unscrewed the top and brought it to his lips. Randy shot him a disapproving look.

Edge: What? We’re not working tonight.

Randy Orton: You’ve already forgotten all about the resolutions we talked about.

Edge pouted at his flask for a moment.

Edge: I have not. We said healthy eating! Nothing about healthy drinking!

Randy rolled his eyes.

Edge: You said you wanted to have more spontaneous times with your wife.

Randy Orton: Let’s uh… keep it to the team or… you know professional goals.

Edge: Right, right… well I mean, I’m going to beat Roman Reigns whenever that gets booked.

Edge pointed to the Gateway Championship.

Randy Orton: Obviously.

Edge: And you’re going to beat Bray Wyatt whenever Paul Heyman’s cowardice stops.

Randy Orton: Absolutely.

Edge: You know I didn’t thank you for…

Randy put his hand up.

Randy Orton: Really, don’t mention it. Either of us would do whatever we had to to retain the tag titles.

Edge: Which reminds me of our ultimate resolution. The most important one of all. Becoming the longest reigning EBWF Tag Team Champions of all time. We really know how to exceed expectations because we’re going to have met our goal in just 29 days!

Randy Orton: I mean, we might decide to keep the titles all year at that rate. They’re kind of a pain in the ass to carry around…

Edge nodded.

Edge: And we’ve basically been begging people to take them from us, but wouldn’t you kind of… miss them. I mean think about it. You’re going to be the only triple crown champion in pro wrestling history to have the longest title reigns of all time for all three championships in the Triple Crown!

Randy Orton: We really need a more succinct way to describe that.

Edge nodded.

Randy Orton: You know it kind of reminds me of a song…

Edge: Is it the one about your chick doing stuff that other guy’s chicks wish they could?

Randy Orton: No.

Edge: Is it the one about your girl bein’ a stone cold stunner, hotter than a summer?

Randy Orton: You are oddly obsessed with my wife today.

Edge bit his bottom lip and raised an eyebrow.

Edge: She’s really very pretty.

Randy Orton: She is, isn’t she?

Edge: Wait, I know what it is!

Edge spoke nonchalantly as if having a normal conversation.

Edge: Don’t slip up or get got.

Randy Orton: Why not, man?

Edge leaned forward, raised his eyebrow and laughed.

Edge: Cause we’re comin’ for that number one spot.

They laughed together and Edge opened the flask again takin’ a big swig. Randy shook his head as Edge passed it to him. Randy took a grateful swig and looked at it confused.

Randy Orton: It’s water!

Edge laughed harder.

Edge: It’s going to be a damn good year.

The two friends walked out of camera view as EBWF went to commercial.

MATCH TWO

“Kombat” hit and the crowd booed when Dakota Kai came from behind the curtain posing as if the audience was blowing the roof off just for her. She headed down to the ring and “Geek” hit. Leva Bates came out to the ring to a mixed reaction from the crowd. She held her finger to her lips to hush them and then proceeded to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Leva Bates had a phenomenal 2021 and you have to think things are only going to continue for her in 2022.

Nigel McGuinness: You know Dakota Kai is looking to leave her mark in the new year too, Mauro.

Leva got in the ring, and the bell rang. The women charged with a collar and elbow tie up. They exchanged wrist locks. Bates drop stepped into a side headlock and turned it in too another wrist lock. Kai executed a deep arm-drag. Kai applied an arm-bar. They exchanged wrist locks again. Bates landed a deep arm-drag too before transitioning back to the collar and elbow tie up. Kai backed Bates into the ropes. She applied a wrist lock. Kai whipped Bates across the ring and followed through with a hip toss. Bates charged back with a shot to the midsection and applied the crossface!

Mauro Ranallo: Leva Bates is trying to steal one here, but… No!

Dakota Kai rolled Bates over for a two count. Bates landed some forearms. Kai side stepped Bates into the turnbuckles. She followed up with a gut wrench powerbomb.

1…
2…
Kickout!

Dakota Kai hit a snap vertical suplex for a two count. Bates went for a bodyslam, but Kai landed back on her feet. Bates sent Kai across the ring. Bates hit a roundhouse kick. Then she thrust kicked the midsection of Kai. Leva hit a running boot, and then the backstabber!

1…
2…
Kickout!

Dakota got back to her feet and side stepped Bates into the turnbuckles. Dakota landed a series of forearms, but Leva took Kai by surprise with a bridging northern lights suplex.

1…
2…
3!

Mauro Ranallo: Leva Bates continues her momentum and gets a win over Dakota Kai.

The referee raised Leva’s hand, but the crowd was quickly booing as Dakota got to her feet and hit Leva from behind. Leva fell face first to the mat and Dakota mounted her, slamming her face into the mat. The referee called her off and she got a few more good shots in before acquiescing and standing up to a shower of boos. Dakota taunted the crowd as an EBWFShop advertisement began to play.

SEGMENT

"Take Over V2" played and the crowd cheered for the arrival of the leaders of The Coalition Christian Cage and Alexa Bliss.

Mauro Ranallo: I wonder what mood these two are in after Christmas Eve Of Destruction.

Nigel McGuinness: Considering the fact that Christian lost the Breakout Championship and Alexa lost to Britt Baker after getting slammed into a razor wire board I'd say they're not exactly in a chipper mood.

The two entered the ring and Alexa noticeably entered gingerly. Christian grabbed a microphone from a crew member.

Christian Cage: On July 26, 2021, I walked into this ring in the main event and wrestled Raven for the EBWF Breakout championship. After a grueling match, I finally hit him with the Unprettier and pinned him one..two..three to become the Breakout Champion.

The crowd cheered as Christian smiled.

Christian Cage: After the joy of being a champion again settled in, I made a promise. I promised that I would make the Breakout Championship relevant again. You see, prior to me winning it, that title had drowned in mediocrity with champions like Lio Rush, Tomohiro Ishii, and yes even Raven. It's safe to say that I accomplished my goal with defenses against Samoa Joe and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Then as the year was closing a new face arrived to EBWF by the name of Xavier Woods.

The crowd cheered the mention of Xavier.

Christian Cage: I was familiar with him and after an impressive victory over Eddie Kingston I decided to give him a shot at my championship at Christmas Eve Of Destruction. On December twenty-fourth I walked into this ring to defend my championship against the new guy expecting to once again walk out with the Breakout Championship. But that didn't happen. Xavier Woods beat me and Xavier Woods walked out with the Breakout Championship.

Christian shook his head.

Christian Cage: Xavier, congratulations. You did what neither Samoa Joe or Steve Austin could do and took the title away from me, so congrats. But know this, I'm not done with the Breakout Championship and soon enough I'll get my rematch. When I do I'm walking out with the Breakout Championship. But right now my business is done.

Christian handed the mic to Alexa Bliss.

Alexa Bliss: When I woke up on Christmas Eve I was ready to battle Britt Baker in a Last Woman Standing match on EBWF's most violent pay-per-view of the year. I went back to a place inside of myself that I never thought I would go back to for this match. I went into this match and as expected it was a violent battle. Near the end as blood ran down my face I went outside and grabbed a razor wire board the weapon that I used to injure Tam Nakano back in January. I planned on using it again...and it backfired on me and as I was in an extreme amount of pain. I heard Britt Baker yell to me that I deserved it before she knocked me out for a count of ten.

Alexa sighed.

Alexa Bliss: When I woke up on Christmas day with my back still in pain Britt's words rang in my head over and over, and to be honest, I probably did deserve it for some of the things I've done in the past. I also looked back at the year that I had and I realized that I had lost three major pay-per-view matches in a row. With that realization I wondered if I deserved to be here anymore. I wondered if I deserved to even be a professional wrestler anymore.

Alexa smirked.

Alexa Bliss: Then I looked back at the good things that happened in my life in 2021 like making new friends and redeeming myself for all of you. I decided that I am not done yet. You know everyone has their new year's resolutions well I only have one. One thing that will make my redemption complete and that’s winning the EBWF Women's Championship and I promise you that will achieve this goal or go out trying.

Alexa dropped the mic as "Papercut" played and Bliss and Cage left the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Looks we know what the two leaders of the Coalition's plans are.

Nigel McGuinness: And those plans could very well succeed.

The two went behind the curtain as Warfare went to commercial break.

MATCH THREE

Mauro Ranallo: Still to come, we’ll hear from former World Champion The Miz, and in our main event the new Breakout Champion Xavier Woods goes one on one with Roman Reigns… but up next, we’ve got tag team action as Guerrillas of Destiny take on Jurassic Express!

Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa made their way to the ring first, accompanied by Adam Cole. When G.O.D. were in the ring, “Tarzan Boy” by Baltimora hit and the crowd cheered as Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus headed to the ring. Jungle Boy and Tama Tonga started the match, and as the bell rang the two men locked up. Jungle Boy put Tama Tonga in a headlock, but Tama Tonga fought out of it and whipped Jungle Boy against the ropes, before taking him down with a big boot. As Jungle Boy got to his feet, Tama Tonga set him up for a powerbomb… but Jungle Boy countered with a hurricanrana! Jungle Boy then headed towards the corner, tagging in Luchasaurus. Upon entering the ring, Luchasaurus grabbed Tama Tonga by the throat, going for the Chokeslam… but Tonga blocked it, then hit Luchasaurus with a series of punches. Tonga whipped Luchasaurus into the corner, and as Tanga Loa held him in place, Tama Tonga hit Luchasaurus with the Stinger splash! Tonga then tagged in Tanga Loa, and the two men hit a powerbomb/neckbreaker combination. As Tonga ran across the ring, knocking Jungle Boy off the ring apron, Tanga Loa covered Luchasaurus. The referee counted - 1… 2… Luchasaurus kicked out! Tonga and Loa began arguing with the referee, accusing him of counting too slowly. While the referee was distracted, Adam Cole hit Jungle Boy with a Superkick at ringside!

Nigel McGuinness: Adam Cole has taken Jungle Boy out… but the referee didn’t see it!

Back in the ring, Tama Tonga moved onto the ring apron while Tanga Loa hit Luchasaurus with a double underhook suplex, followed by a leg drop. Loa hooked the leg once more - 1… 2… Luchasaurus kicked out! Tanga Loa got to his feet and tagged Tama Tonga back in, then the two men hit Luchasaurus with a double suplex. As Tanga Loa exited the ring, Tama Tonga went for the Gun Stun… but Luchasaurus countered it into a spin-out powerbomb! Luchasaurus looked over to the corner, and after realizing that Jungle Boy wasn’t there, he ran at Tanga Loa, knocking him off the ring apron. Luchasaurus then turned his attention back to Tama Tonga, who was getting to his feet. Luchasaurus lifted Tonga over his shoulder and hit the Tombstone Age! As Luchasaurus made the cover, Adam Cole grabbed Tama Tonga’s leg, placing it on the bottom rope! Cole then shouted to the referee, who called for the rope break.

Mauro Ranallo: Adam Cole getting involved once again!

As Luchasaurus confronted Adam Cole, the camera cut to Jungle Boy at ringside. Jungle Boy was about to attack Adam Cole, but before he could do so, Tanga Loa grabbed him, hitting a powerbomb onto the ring apron! Loa then entered the ring and attacked Luchasaurus from behind. Tama Tonga got to his feet, the G.O.D. hit Luchasaurus with Guerrilla Warfare! Tonga hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! Guerrillas of Destiny get the win!

Mauro Ranallo: They cheated, Nigel!

Nigel McGuinness: You know the rules, Mauro… the referee’s decision is final!

As Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa celebrated, Adam Cole grabbed Jungle Boy, throwing him into the ring. Adam Cole then entered the ring, and the three men surrounded Jungle Boy… but before they could attack him, Paul London ran down the ramp with a steel chair!

Mauro Ranallo: Here comes Paul London to even the odds!

As London slid into the ring, Adam Cole and G.O.D. exited the ring, regrouping at the bottom of the ramp. London helped Luchasaurus to his feet, then challenged Cole and G.O.D. to get back in the ring and fight them. Adam Cole smiled, then the camera cut to the top of the ramp as four men walked through the curtain side by side.

Nigel McGuinness: What is going on here? That’s Prince Devitt, Bad Luck Fale and the Young Bucks!

After the four men had joined Cole and G.O.D. at the bottom of the ramp, all seven superstars entered the ring and began beating down Paul London and Jurassic Express! Prince Devitt and Bad Luck Fale attacked Jungle Boy, G.O.D. continued their assault on Jurassic Express, while Adam Cole and the Young Bucks triple teamed Paul London. After Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy had been thrown out of the ring, Adam Cole and the Young Bucks grabbed Paul London, hitting him with a triple knee to the head!

Mauro Ranallo: What utter carnage we’ve seen here!

Adam Cole, G.O.D., the Young Bucks, Prince Devitt and Bad Luck Fale stood together, their arms raised triumphantly, as a promotional video for Last Survivor began to play.

MATCH FOUR

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we’ve got Richard Holliday in action as he takes on Stone Cold Steve Austin. I would say it’s a one on one, but it’s never one on one when Dynasty is involved…

Nigel McGuinness: Careful, Mauro. You don’t want Holliday’s lawyer slash father to sue you…

“Diamonds Are Forever” hit and the crowd booed as Richard Holliday made his way to the ring. Neither MJF nor KC Navarro were with him.

Nigel McGuinness: See, Mauro? Holliday is going it alone.

Mauro Ranallo: We’ll see about that…

When Holliday was in the ring, “Unbreakable” hit and the crowd cheered as Stone Cold Steve Austin headed to the ring. Upon entering the ring, Austin immediately charged towards Holliday and hit him with a series of punches. Holliday fought back with some right hands of his own, then went to whip Austin against the ropes… but Austin reversed the Irish whip, sending Holliday into the ropes. As Holliday ran back towards him, Austin took the Air Pod God down with a Lou Thesz press, then punched him on the mat several times. Austin got to his feet and stomped on Holliday repeatedly, before pulling him to his feet and hitting a piledriver. He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Holliday kicked out! Austin pulled Holliday to his feet and dragged him towards the corner, slamming his head off the turnbuckle then setting him up in the corner and hitting a series of kicks. Holliday fell into a sitting position and Austin followed up with the Mudhole Stomps.

Mauro Ranallo: Stone Cold in complete control here!

Holliday rolled out of the ring, and Austin followed him to the outside. He hit Holliday with a series of punches, then tried to throw Holliday back into the ring, but Holliday blocked it and hit Austin with a knee to the midsection, then threw Austin into the ring steps! Austin looked dazed as he got to his feet, and Holliday slammed his head off the ring post then tossed him back into the ring. As Holliday re-entered the ring, he hit Austin with a back drop, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Austin kicked out! Holliday pulled Austin to his feet and whipped him into the corner, before hitting a backhand chop to the chest. Holliday then whipped Austin into the opposite corner and went for another backhand chop, but this time Austin moved out of the way, then hit a backhand chop of his own! Holliday cried out in pain and Austin pulled him away from the corner, before lifting Holliday up and body slamming him onto the mat. Austin stomped on Holliday several times, before hitting an elbow drop. He hooked the leg once more and the referee counted - 1… 2… Holliday kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Another near fall!

Both men got to their feet, and Austin tried to put Holliday in the Million Dollar Dream, but before he could lock it in Holliday broke free and whipped Austin against the ropes. As Austin ran back towards him, Holliday hit a spinebuster! Holliday taunted the crowd, then pulled Austin to his feet and set him up for the Market Crash… but Austin broke free and hit the Stone Cold Stunner! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! Stone Cold gets the victory… and here we go, Dynasty are out here looking for revenge!

As the referee called for the bell, MJF and KC Navarro immediately ran to the ring. Navarro entered the ring first and ran at Austin, going for a clothesline… but Austin ducked out of the way, then hit the Stone Cold Stunner! As Austin got to his feet, MJF entered the ring and hit Stone Cold with a series of punches, but Austin fought back with some right hands of his own, then hit MJF with the Stone Cold Stunner! At this point, Richard Holliday got to his feet, and Austin flashed him two middle fingers, then hit another Stone Cold Stunner!

Nigel McGuinness: All three members of Dynasty have been hit with the Stunner! MJF must be furious at the Texas Rattlesnake getting the upper hand!

“Unbreakable” hit and Austin stood over Dynasty, celebrating with a couple of beers as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

When Warfare returned from commercial a hush came over the crowd. After a couple of beats- a familiar word bellowed throughout the arena which caused a loud chorus of boos to radiate across the building.

AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEE

I CAME TO PLAY

"I Came To Play" by Downstait filled the arena as Paul Heyman strutted out first from behind the curtain. He wore a gray suit. Mickie Mizanin was next in a tight blue dress. They both looked at each other with a look of concern, wondering what was going to be following them out of the back. The boo's intensified as The Miz walked out from the back. He was wearing a blue suit, and sunglasses over his eyes. His hair was slicked all around, he looked less than thrilled as he walked by both Heyman and Mickie and led the way. He slowly walked down the ramp, and entered the ring. Heyman and Mickie followed. Miz walked toward the corner.. and nobody came over with a microphone. He sat on the turnbuckle facing Mickie and Paul- he held his hand out as if he was expecting it to be placed in his hand. After a few beats, nobody came. He stormed out of the ring, toward the time keeper. He picked the time keeper up by the collar of his shirt, and tossed him down. He ripped a microphone that was sitting on a chair and brought it into the ring. The crowd was booing so loud and Miz had no patience to wait.

The Miz: SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT YOUR MOUTHS. ALL OF YOU! NOW!

The boo's got louder.

The Miz: Not sure why I'd expect anything else from people in Kentucky, but I'm in ABSOLUTELY no mood. You see, on Christmas Eve, a travesty occurred. No.. it was worse than a travesty. It was a NUCLEAR BOMB to this company. On Christmas Eve.. Chris Jericho became the World Champion for the 12th time.

The crowd cheered. Miz barely moved his head acknowledging the fact that they loved this.

The Miz: I don't know how it happened. I don't know why it happened. I don't know how I let it happen.. but it happened. So rather than sit here and make excuses to a bunch of people whose opinions I don't care about. I'm instead going to make a proclamation. What happened on Christmas Eve.. was WRONG.. Chris Jericho as the World Champion.. IS WRONG- So now.. I have no choice.. but to take this mistake.. and FIX IT.

The crowd booed. Paul Heyman approached the Miz and asked for the microphone. Miz cocked his head to the side. Paul put his hand up as if to humbly ask him to pass him the microphone. Miz, without looking at Paul, handed the microphone over. Heyman was soaking in the boos.

Paul Heyman: Ladies and Gentlemen.. my NAME is PAUL HEYMAN. Now many of you may be looking into this ring right now.. and thinking that they see a vulnerable man. Thinking that they see a vulnerable FORMER champion.. a man that showed a chink in his armor on Christmas Eve. However, that's not what I see. I have been in this business a LONG time.. a VERY long time.. and what I see in the ring standing before me.. is a man who was the VICTIM.. of a Christmas Miracle from HELL. He was the VICTIM of a blind squirrel finding a NUT.. the VICTIM.. of an ABSOLUTE FLUKE. What I see is a man.. that despite DROPPING the EBWF Title.. is absolutely.. 100 percent.. READY.. WILLING.. and ABLE.. to DOMINATE this company as its champion.. when he becomes it.. ONCE AGAIN for the SIXTH TIME. There is NO WEAKNESS.. in this ring.. no back down.. in THIS RING.. no EXCUSES.. in this ring. Just a man.. who is weeks away from becoming the EBWF Champion once again.

The Miz took the mic back from Paul. Paul padded him on the shoulder.

The Miz: So that's it. That's where we are. That's the state of The Miz. I have accepted what happened. I have made peace with it, and I have set my sights on rectifying this problem that the result of Christmas Eve has created. I am the standard in this business.. I am the ONLY man in this business that should have the title that now sits around Chris Jericho's Donut filled waist. So I am NOW the man that is formally invoking my rematch clause.. and challenging Chris Jericho to a match at Royal Rumble. I am challenging Chris Jericho to a match that will MAKE ME a 6 time World Champion.. and this time.. it's not going to be a match with musical instruments strewn about. Instead it's going to be a match between two men.. who have had careers that will live on LONG after we're gone. Competing ONE.. ON.. ONE.. and fighting.. until one of them.. CAN NOT PHYSICALLY STAND UP. In this type of match.. there's NO FLUKES.. NO MIRACLES.. NO SURPRISES. The better MAN.. wins.. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. That's right Lexington.. at Royal Rumble.. I'm issuing a challenge.. EBWF Championship.. Chris Jericho vs. The Miz...

LAST. MAN. STANDING.

The crowd had a mixed reaction, because they hated The Miz- but also loved the idea.

The Miz: The better man.. ALWAYS wins.. and Chris.. if you have the guts to accept.. I promise you..

I. WILL.

BECAUSE I'MMMMMM THE MIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ANNNNNNND I'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESOOMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

The Miz dropped the mic causing it to thud on the mat. 'I Came To Play' by Downstait played again as Heyman smiled menacingly and Mickie applauded. The Miz exited the ring first, and the trio made their way back up the ramp. The crowd booed as The Miz took no time to acknowledge anyone. He walked straight up the ramp and into the back. As Heyman and Mickie followed. Warfare went to a commercial.

MATCH FIVE

As EBWF returned from commercial “Head of the Table” hit and Roman Reigns came from behind the curtain.

Nigel McGuinness: The Tribal Chief is here!

Mauro Ranallo: He’s the new #1 contender for the EBWF Gateway Championship. And tonight he takes on King Xavier.

When Reigns got into the ring “New Day, New Way” hit and King Xavier came to the ring wearing his crown and the Breakout Championship around his waist. Xavier unloaded his accessories at ringside. He got into the ring, and the bell rang. They locked up. Reigns rocked Woods into the corner with a right hand. Reigns mounted Woods in the corner with more rights and the fans counted along. Woods turned it around and mounted Reigns in the corner with right hands and the fans continued to count along. Reigns slid under and dropped Woods face-first into the turnbuckle.

Mauro Ranallo: Reigns making King Xavier pay!

Woods ducked a clothesline attempt and dropkicked Reigns out of the ring to the floor. Reigns looked a bit surprised as Woods taunted him from the ring and the referee counted. Woods hit a running dropkick through the ropes, sending Reigns back into the announce table. Woods unloaded with more lefts and rights as fans cheered for him. Woods brought Reigns back into the ring, ducked a clothesline, slid between Reigns’ legs but then got rocked with a big right to send him to the floor.

Nigel McGuinness: Woods having a difficult time keeping up with Roman!

Reigns stared Woods down and followed him to the floor. Reigns slammed Woods on top of the announce table, then stood tall at ringside with his fist in the air. Woods crawled away, before pulling himself to his feet. Reigns stalked Woods around the ring. Woods tried to fight back with a headbutt but Reigns rocked him. They got back in the ring and traded strikes. Reigns delivered a big boot.

1…
2…

Mauro Ranallo: No!

Nigel McGuinness: That was so close!

Reigns landed big clotheslines in the corner. Reigns ran the ropes but Woods cut him off with a right hand. Woods charged again but Reigns dropped him with ease.

Mauro Ranallo: Xavier’s persistence might not be enough!

Woods slowly got to his feet on the apron. Reigns approached but Woods kicked him in the head. Woods nailed a tornado DDT from the apron but they were both down flat on their backs in the middle of the ring. Reigns and Woods slowly got up at the same time. They traded strikes but Woods got the upperhand and unloaded. Reigns hit a hard right. Woods ducked a clothesline and sent Reigns to the ropes, then dropped him with a heel kick.

1…
2…

Nigel McGuinness: The Head of the Table kicks out!

Woods slid at Reigns and nailed a Facebuster for another close 2 count. Woods went to the top but Reigns cut him off. Woods knocked Reigns back to the mat. Woods flew off the top but Reigns caught him with a big chokeslam.

1…
2…

Woods kicked out!

Mauro Ranllo: Roman Reigns showing some frustration here.

Reigns called for the Spear but Woods blocked it with a kick. Reigns charged in the corner but hit the ring post when Woods side-steps. Woods went back to the top and leapt off with the elbow drop!

Nigel McGuinness: Xavier Woods with the pin!

1…
2…
3!

Mauro Ranallo: The Breakout Champion has beaten the #1 Contender for the Path to Glory Championship!

Nigel McGuinness: What does this mean?

Mauro Ranallo: I think we’ll find out as we get closer to Last Survivor.

King Xavier celebrated in the center of the ring as Warfare: Final Resolution went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote