Warfare Results 01/10/2022

Ben M

Warfare Results 01/10/2022

Post by Ben M »

SEGMENT

As the Warfare intro video ended, Paul Heyman was shown watching the monitor backstage, scratching his chin as he pondered the upcoming evening.

Renee Young: SO, Paul! How's it going?

Paul jumped and turned to face the diminutive Renee Young, exhaling heavily.

Paul Heyman: Are you TRYING to give me a heart attack, Mrs. Young? Don't you have someone else to annoy?

Renee looked left, and then she looked right. Finally, she shrugged.

Renee Young: I don't see anyone else around, do you?

Paul sighed in annoyance and shook his head.

Paul Heyman: What. Do. You. Want.

Renee Young: Well, it's been a bit of a stressful couple of weeks for you, hasn't it? The Miz lost the EBWF World Championship in his first defense against Chris Jericho, and Rated RKO is still hunting for you and the Fiend.

Paul put his hand up to Renee's face, his demeanor showing obvious irritation.

Paul Heyman: Let me stop you right there. I know it's your job to kick every tree and see what falls out of the branches, but you couldn't be further from reality. The Miz losing the EBWF World Championship to Chris Jericho in a FLUKE is not something to be concerned about. Moreover, it's just more evidence that the people at the top of this business will stop at nothing to make sure that EBWF remains nice and stale. Chris Jericho as World Champion? Really? My client is ten times the champion that Jericho could ever hope to be at this stage in his career.

Renee Young: So, you--

Paul Heyman: And another thing, Mrs. Young. Allow me to set the record straight regarding Rated RKO. I'm honestly surprised they remember that they don't like myself or The Fiend, given how lackadaisical those two have been in the last few years. Quite frankly it shocks me that they're even in the same city as EBWF Warfare. Those two mongrels care about nothing and no one, least of all me. They can talk all they like about how they're going to come after me, but I can guarantee you that something funny will come on TV, like a Ludacris VH1 special, and those two boneheads will get distracted and forget all about Paul Heyman. Please do not worry about me. I have everything under control.

Paul turned as if he was going to walk away, but turned back around to face Renee.

Paul Heyman: Oh, and if for some reason those two schmucks get off the couch and actually do decide to make moves against me...

Heyman gave Renee the cockiest of smirks as a hulking figure appeared behind him, wearing a black leather jacket and a twisted face mask, his dreadlocks partially obscuring the left side of his face. The Fiend tilted his head as he peered at Renee Young, who took a step back in nervousness.

Paul Heyman: I. Have backup.

*CRACK!*

Before anyone could react, the loud cracking sound of steel on flesh filled the hallway as a steel folding chair struck The Fiend flush in the spine, causing him to drop like a sack of potatoes. The camera shook violently as it backed up to reveal what was going on. Randy Orton and Edge swarmed The Fiend, with Orton raising a bent steel chair high into the air.

*CRACK!*

*CRACK!*

*CRACK!*

By the fourth chair shot, The Fiend was completely motionless. Breathing heavily, Randy turned to regard Paul Heyman as Edge rolled The Fiend onto his back, mounted him, and started raining rapid-fire rights down on his face. Randy grinned maliciously as he pressed the top rim of the chair into Heyman's throat, backing him up against a wall. Paul's expression went from confident to horrified in a matter of milliseconds.

Paul Heyman: Please Mr. Orton... you don't have to do this...

Randy smirked.

Randy Orton: You're right. I don't.

Randy dropped the chair with a clang and then clocked Paul Heyman with a hard right to the jaw, sending him down to the ground in an instant. He then bent down and said with a malevolent growl.

Randy Orton: We're not even close to done with you, Paul.

Paul whimpered on the ground, clutching his jaw as both Randy and Edge stood upright. Randy turned to look at Edge.

Randy Orton: You get a souvenir?

Edge grinned and raised his right hand, and in it he held the Fiend's mask, a little blood staining the top of it.

Edge: Hell yeah! You know how much one of these sells for on EBWF shop?!

Randy chuckled as Rated RKO left the scene as Warfare went to ringside for the next match.

MATCH ONE

Pyro shot off in the arena as the audience in attendance went wild for the start of Warfare.

Mauro Ranallo: Well, that was certainly an interesting way to kick off Warfare!

Nigel McGuinness: Rated RKO had a message for Paul Heyman and the Fiend!

Robbie E came to the ring first to boos from the crowd, but he pumped his fist in excitement as he entered the ring.

"Diamonds From Sierra Leone" hit and the crowd anticipated the arrival of an unfamiliar star. Roderick Strong came from behind the curtain!

Mauro Ranallo: We know him!

Nigel McGuinness: Roderick Strong is a wrestling sensation.

Strong met his opponent in the ring. The bell rang. Robbie E dropped Strong with a sneak attack and went to work. Robbie E sent Strong to the floor and leveled him again as the fans booed. Robbie E returned to the ring, and Strong got back in, but Robbie stayed in control.

Mauro Ranallo: Robbie E won't give Roddy an inch here!

He went to leap from the second rope but Strong shoved him from the rope to the floor. Strong followed and brought it back in, beating Robbie E around the ring. Strong got a big chop in the corner. He stomped away while Robbie E was down in the corner. Strong hit a backbreaker but it was only good for a 1 count.

Nigel Mcguinness: Robbie E is persistent here!

Strong locked on a submission to keep Robbie E down on the mat and the fans began to cheer for him. Robbie fought back but Strong delivered a big knee and a chop. Robbie laid in right hands and got a roll-up for 2. Robbie got a back-slide but Strong blocked it and they traded roll-ups and other pin attempts. Robbie E went for a side kick but Strong caught him and dropped him into a backbreaker for another 2 count. Strong stomped Robbie to keep control. Strong grounded Robbie. Robbie broke the hold and nailed a suplex in the middle of the ring for a 2 count. When he recovered, Strong put on another submission, but Robbie E resisted and got to the bottom rope.

Mauro Ranallo: Robbie is trying to pull himself up there!

Strong landed a big chop to the chest, followed by another. They went back and forth before Robbie E got the missile dropkick from the top. Robbie E pulled himself up and nailed a clothesline as Strong charged. Robbie E kept control and went to the second rope for a flying elbow drop. Strong kicked out at 2! They tangled and Robbie E dropped Strong with kicks, sending him to the floor. Robbie E ran the ropes and leapt.

Mauro Ranallo: Strong blocks a superkick!

Robbie E teetered and Strong and nailed a jumping knee to the face and went for the cover.

3!

Nigel McGuinness: What a debut from Roderick Strong.

Strong celebrated in the ring as EBWF went to commercial.

MATCH TWO

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, Bayley was on her way to the ring for the next match.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, we’ve got women’s action as Bayley takes on Allysin Kay!

When Bayley was in the ring, “Gangsta’s Paradise” by Coolio hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Allysin Kay made her way to the ring. When Kay was in the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two women locked up. Kay took Bayley down to the mat, then went for an armbar, but Bayley broke free and both women got to their feet. Bayley applied a cravat on Kay, then whipped Kay against the ropes before hitting a big boot. As Kay got to her feet, she hit Bayley with a big boot of her own, then pulled Bayley to her feet and whipped her into the corner. Kay hit Bayley with a corner avalanche, knocking her down into a sitting position, then stomped on her in the corner several times. Kay pulled Bayley to her feet and dragged her back to the center of the ring, then chopped her across the chest. Bayley chopped Kay back, and the two women exchanged several chops before Kay changed tactic, taking Bayley down with a clothesline.

Nigel McGuinness: What a vicious clothesline that was, Mauro… Allysin Kay almost took Bayley’s head off!

As Bayley sat up, Allysin Kay hit her with a series of kicks to the chest, but Bayley rolled away and got to her feet. Kay went for the Discus from Detroit, but Bayley ducked out of the way then hit Kay with a German suplex. As both women got to their feet, Bayley lifted Kay onto her shoulders, but Kay countered it into a rear naked choke.

Mauro Ranallo: Oh my goodness… is Allysin Kay about to choke Bayley out?

Bayley was struggling to escape the choke hold so she fell backwards, driving Kay into the mat. Both women were down for several seconds, then as they got to their feet, they exchanged punches back and forth. Kay went for the Discus from Detroit again, but Bayley blocked it, and set Kay up for the Bayley-to-Belly… but Kay broke free and lifted Bayley up, hitting the AK47! She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! An impressive win for Allysin Kay!

Kay celebrated, then made her way to the back as Bayley recovered in the ring.

SEGMENT

“Time to Rock n’ Roll” hit and the crowd cheered as Trish Stratus stepped out onto the stage. She pointed her right hand skyward and pranced to the ring. She got in through the middle rope and took a microphone from Christy Hemme.

Mauro Ranallo: We haven’t seen Trish Stratus since Fanniversary.

Trish Stratus: Thank you so much for that welcome, Indianapolis!

She waited for the pop.

Trish Stratus: I’m so happy to be here. I know it’s been a few weeks, and I’ve had a little time to myself. I’ve taken some time to reflect. And the thing that’s stuck out in my mind the most is the current Women’s Championship reign. The current champion, Raquel Diaz.

There was a pop, and Trish nodded.

Trish Stratus: Hasn’t she been an honorable champion. I mean, we have to hand it to her, right? She’s been in the sandbox with the likes of Winter and God knows, Becky Lynch wouldn’t shut up about her OR me for over a year. Raquel, we both know that you took that belt from a transitional champion that doesn’t even work here anymore! We both know that I never asked for my rematch. And you best realize that I know full well you’re just weeks away from breaking my record to become the longest reigning EBWF Women’s Champion of all time. So…

“Kingdom” hit, and Trish lowered her mic, smiling as Raquel Diaz came from behind the curtain.

Raquel Diaz: I knew it was only a matter of time, Trish. And I have to admit, I love a challenge.

Trish Stratus: I am certainly…

Before Trish could continue, “Papercut” hit and the crowd cheered!

Nigel McGuinness: Alexa Bliss is interrupting the EBWF Women’s Champion and the Quintessential Diva.

Alexa Bliss: Wait just a minute…

Trish rolled her eyes. Raquel looked impatient.

Alexa Bliss: Now hold on! I made it clear that my new year’s resolution is to become the EBWF Women’s Champion…

Raquel Diaz: You haven’t been women’s champion in six years. Go back to your little playgroup, Alexa. The women are talking.

The crowd made an “oooh” noise as Trish laughed.

Alexa Bliss: I have proven over and over again that I deserve a shot at the Women’s Title. And I certainly deserve it before Trish Stratus!

Trish Stratus: On what planet…

Trish took a deep breath.

Trish Stratus: You know, my new year’s resolution was to be more supportive of my colleagues. And to be honest, Alexa… I was counting on you.

Raquel raised an eyebrow. Alexa grinned.

Trish Stratus: If you want my title shot, you can have it.

Mauro Ranallo: What?!

Nigel McGuinness: What is Trish playing at?

The crowd cheered for Alexa's opportunity.

Trish Stratus: And no matter what happens, ladies, I’ll be waiting.

“Time to Rock n’ Roll’ hit again as Trish got on the turnbuckle and posed in front of the fans as Alexa and Raquel stood looking at each other, confused.

MATCH THREE

“Bombshell” by Powerman 5000 hit and the crowd cheered as Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley made their way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we’ve got tag team action as the Dudley Boyz take on KC Navarro and Richard Holliday!

When the Dudleys were in the ring, Navarro and Holliday headed to the ring. Navarro and D-Von started the match, and as the bell rang the two men locked up. D-Von twisted Navarro’s arm, then put him in a hammerlock. Navarro fought out of it and whipped D-Von against the ropes, then hit him with a dropkick. As both men got to their feet, Navarro put D-Von in a headlock. D-Von fought out of it, but Navarro slapped him across the back of the head.

Nigel McGuinness: It takes a brave man to slap D-Von Dudley like that!

D-Von turned around and glared at Navarro, who was grinning cockily D-Von took Navarro down with a clothesline and stomped on him several times, then pulled him to his feet and whipped him into the corner, where he hit a series of punches. D-Von tagged in Bubba Ray, who dragged Navarro out of the corner and set him up for a piledriver… but Navarro broke free, crawled under Bubba Ray’s legs and tagged in Richard Holliday. As Holliday entered the ring, he got in Bubba Ray’s face, yelling “You’re nothing old man! Go home!” Holliday then shoved Bubba Ray in the chest, but Bubba Ray shoved him back harder, knocking him down to the mat. As Holliday got to his feet, Bubba Ray hit a back drop, then tagged D-Von back in. The two men whipped Holliday against the ropes and took him down with a double shoulder block, then followed up with a double elbow drop. As Bubba Ray exited the ring, D-Von hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Holliday kicked out! D-Von pulled Holliday to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then went to whip him against the ropes… but Holliday reversed the Irish whip, sending D-Von into the ropes before hitting a spinebuster! Holliday then ran to the corner, knocking Bubba Ray off the apron, before turning his attention back to D-Von. Holliday hit D-Von with a sitout powerbomb, then hooked both legs. The referee counted - 1… 2… D-Von kicked out! Holliday dragged D-Von to his feet and hit a neckbreaker, then tagged in KC Navarro. Navarro climbed to the top rope and signaled for the 450 Splash… but before he could hit it, the sound of glass shattering echoed through the arena. The crowd cheered as a black pickup truck drove down the ramp, and out stepped Stone Cold Steve Austin. Navarro climbed down from the turnbuckle and rolled out of the ring, running around the ring to take on Austin… but Austin grabbed him, lifting him up and slamming him onto the front of the pickup truck! The referee called for the bell, ending the match.

Christy Hemme: Your winners as the result of a disqualification… KC Navarro and Richard Holliday!

Austin entered the ring to confront Richard Holliday, where the two men exchanged punches. Holliday was able to get the upper hand and he whipped Austin against the ropes, then went for a big boot… but Austin ducked out of the way, then hit the Stone Cold Stunner! As Austin got to his feet, “Better Than You” hit the speakers and MJF stormed onto the stage, microphone in hand. He stopped at the top of the ramp, glaring at Austin.

MJF: Enough is enough! You want me in the ring, Austin? I’ll make you a deal. Next week on Warfare, we’re going to have ourselves an eight-man tag match. We’ll introduce you to our newest member. But here’s the catch Steve…if you can’t find three people willing to team with your sorry ass, I’ll have to sit this one out. So if you want me, you better start repairing all those burnt bridges.

Mauro Ranallo: Well there you have it… if Austin can find three partners, he’ll get MJF in an eight-man tag match next week!

Austin pointed at MJF, mouthing off at him as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

When EBWF returned from the commercial break, King Woods was standing in the ring. It was draped with red carpet and a golden throne which was in the middle of the ring. He had a microphone in his hand as he sat down to address his loyal subjects.

King Woods: Thank you all for the continued support. It makes being the Breakout Champion and a member of EBWF worth it. Tonight though is not about me and my accomplishments in such a short time. It is about giving others a chance to share the spotlight with royalty even if others disagree with that. This is the debut of King's Corner. There are many choices for my first guest ever but I already have the perfect candidate. This man is respected by all backstage and gave me a great opportunity. King Woods took that opportunity and captured the Breakout Championship. That's right, the first guest to bless us with his presence on King's Corner is Christian Cage.

"Take Over V2" hit and The Instant Classic Christian Cage came out to a huge ovation. Christian was dressed in blue jeans and a Coalition T-shirt.

Mauro Ranallo: Last Week Christian said that he isn’t done with Xavier Woods or the Breakout Championship.

Christian Cage entered the ring and grabbed a mic.

King Woods: Thank you for joining me, please have a seat.

Once he’d sat down King Woods turned toward Christian and continued speaking.

King Woods: You being the first guest has to mean a lot to you I'm sure. How does it feel walking down that ramp a little naked?

King Woods grabbed the title and put it in Christian's face as the crowd cheered. Christian chuckled.

Christian Cage: Weird for sure.

King Woods: I told my loyal subjects that I was going to win this title and I backed it up. How did it feel being humbled by a king?

Christian Cage: Truly a once in a lifetime experience.

King Woods: I am sure the people of this beautiful city would love to hear your future plans going forward for 2022 and quite frankly so would I.

Christian Cage: Alright alright enough, I'm not gonna be disrespected by the Burger King. As of right now the King's Corner is canceled and it's time for the Peep Show. First question, if you are as good as you say you are, why did it take you so long to get to the biggest company in town?

King Woods: All good things come to those who wait. I wanted you to feel like you had this place under your spell only for me to show up and be the true hero EBWF needed.

Christian chuckled.

Christian Cage: Second question: what makes you think I was one hundred percent focused on our match at Christmas Eve Of Destruction? I mean a couple matches prior my best friend was slammed into a razor wire board,what makes you think that I wasn't distracted by that?

King Woods: Well if you weren't focused on your match with me then that's on you. It sounds like you're making an excuse again instead of admitting you were beaten fair and square.

Christian Cage: Last question: do you King Woods have the balls to put your title on the line against me?

King Woods: Of course I do. I am confident in beating you again no matter what.

Christian laughed.

Christian Cage: Are you sure about that Xavier? Because while I might be just making excuses or maybe I'm playing with your head.

Christian walked closer and whispered in Xavier's ear.

Christian Cage: Good luck.

Christian smirked and walked out of the ring as his theme hit again.

Mauro Ranallo: Looks like Christian Cage is trying to play mind games with the King.

Nigel McGuinness: But will it work when these two collide again>

Christian stood at the stage and taunted Xavier as Warfare went to commercial break.

MATCH FOUR (AJ)

When Warfare returned from commercial, "Psycho Killer" hit and the crowd booed the arrival of Tommaso Ciampa.

Christy Hemme:The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, from Boston Massachusetts, Tommaso Ciampa.

Ciampa entered the ring and stared at the crowd in disgust as "Unsettling Differences" hit and Kevin Steen made his way to the ring.

Christy Hemme: And his opponent from Marieville, Quebec, Canada he is Pro Wrestling's Worst Nightmare, Kevin Steen.

Mauro Ranallo: Kevin Steen was impressive in his return match last week with Robbie E but tonight he faces a different opponent in Tommaso Ciampa.

Steen entered the ring and was immediately attacked by Tommaso Ciampa as the ref rang the bell. Ciampa threw Steen into the corner and began kicking him in the gut multiple times until the ref separated the two.

Mauro Ranallo: Ciampa has taken an early advantage here.

Nigel McGuinness: You have to do what you have to do.

Ciampa walked around the referee only to be hit with a Superkick. Kevin Steen went for the pin.

1…
2…

KICKOUT.

Mauro Ranallo: Kevin almost had it there.

Ciampa rolled out of the ring and fell to the floor as the referee began to count. When the ref counted to six Ciampa got to his feet. Steen ran toward the ropes and hit a Barrel Roll Tope. When both got to their feet Steen attempted a Powerbomb but Ciampa fought out of it and hit a clothesline.Tommaso threw Steen into the ring. Ciampa re-entered the ring and hit a Sliding Knee Strike to the head. Steen got to his feet and Ciampa hit him with a Psycho Cutter. Ciampa went for the pin.

KICKOUT!

Mauro Ranallo: Kick Out by Kevin Steen!

Ciampa was frustrated and began arguing with the referee, when Ciampa turned around Steen picked him up and hit an over the shoulder slam hitting the ref in the process.

Nigel McGuinness: The referee is down.

Steen went for the cover but noticed that the ref was down and tried to wake him up. Ciampa crawled over and hit Kevin with a low blow to boos from the crowd. Ciampa went outside and grabbed two steel chairs and threw them into the ring then grabbed two more chairs and entered the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Ciampa’s got something planned.

Ciampa set the chairs up in two rows of two and grabbed Steen to hit the Fairytale Ending but Steen fought out of it and dragged Ciampa onto the chairs.

Nigel Mcguinness: OH NO.

Steen smiled and hit Ciampa with a Package Piledriver through the chairs. Steen threw the chairs and went for the pin as the ref came to.

3!

Mauro Ranallo: Kevin Steen wins this match!

Nigel McGuinness: Ciampa is completely laid out/

The referee raised the victor’s arm, and Kevin Steen celebrated as Warfare went to commercial break.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, “Judas” by Fozzy hit and the crowd cheered as Chris Jericho stepped out onto the stage.

Mauro Ranallo: Here he is, Nigel… the new EBWF World Champion!

Jericho had the World Title around his wrist and he grinned as he walked down the ramp. As he reached the bottom of the ramp, Jericho walked up the steel steps onto the ring apron. As he stood on the apron, Jericho unhooked the World Title and held it up above his head, then entered the ring. Jericho placed the belt over his shoulder and after his music was cut, he grabbed a microphone and began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Good evening, Indiana… Le Champion is here!

The crowd cheered.

Chris Jericho: Last week, I was at home, celebrating the start of 2022 with my family. But I tuned into Warfare to see what Miz had to say. For what might be the first time ever in his career, Miz didn’t make excuses. He accepted what everyone here in this arena, and everyone watching at home, knows… at Christmas Eve of Destruction, the better man won. But Miz being Miz, he thinks that if he gets his rematch, he’ll win back this title. And because he knows he can’t beat me clean, he wants to do it in a Last Man Standing match.

The crowd gave a mixed reaction at the mention of the Last Man Standing match.

Chris Jericho: After Miz made that challenge, the main reaction from people on Twitter seemed to be this… why is EBWF promoting a Last Man Standing match at Last Survivor, when they did a Last Woman Standing match at Christmas Eve of Destruction. As Wes Ikeda pointed out, the answer is simple - because Miz had no idea that match happened. He pays no attention to anything that doesn’t affect him. Hell, he didn’t even know that the next pay per view is called Last Survivor! Now I have no problem taking on Miz in a Last Man Standing match, however I do have a problem with him deciding the terms of our rematch. When I challenged Miz to a match at Christmas Eve of Destruction, I let him choose what type of match we had. And I beat him. At Last Survivor, I’ll beat him again… but if Miz wants to be the Last Man Standing, he’s going to have to go through Three Stages of Hell to get there!

Nigel McGuinness: Three Stages of Hell?

Chris Jericho: That’s right Miz, I don’t just want to beat you one more time, I want two out of three falls. The third fall, if we get to it, can be your Last Man Standing match. But for the first fall, I want to make you tap out, so that’s going to be a submission match. The second fall, since I know you’ll try and get one of your cronies to help you out, that’s going to be inside a steel cage - old school rules though, you have to escape the cage to win. Then, and only then, will we have a Last Man Standing match. Those are my terms, Miz… take it or leave it.

Jericho dropped the microphone and headed to the back as a promo for Last Survivor began to play.

MATCH FIVE

When EBWF returned "You're the Best" hit and the crowd turned their attention to the entrance. A familiar figure came from behind the curtain.

Nigel McGuinness: Prince Devitt is here!

He played to the crowd before entering the ring. He rolled his eyes when "Head of the Table" hit. Reigns stopped on the entrance and pyro shot off around him. The audience got formal ring introductions and the bell rang. Devitt faced off with Reigns, sizing each other up. Reigns backed Devitt into the corner but backed off. Reigns then launched Devitt across the ring with ease. Reigns stomped away while Devitt was down in the corner.

Mauro Ranallo: The sheer size of Roman Reigns is too much for Devitt.

Reigns took Devitt to another corner with big right hands. Reigns took Devitt from corner to corner working him over. Reigns hit a big clothesline in the corner as fans counted along and the referee warned him. Reigns charged as did Devitt. Devitt dropkicked Reigns’ knee out from under him. Devitt landed kicks to the knee focusing on Reigns’ leg. Reigns dropped Devitt with a headbutt. Devitt came back with a Slingblade.

Nigel McGuinness: Prince Devitt trying to build momentum here!

Devitt charged in again but Reigns rocked him with a big uppercut. Reigns choke slammed Devitt in the middle of the ring, spiking him into the mat. Reigns went for the cover and Devitt kicked out at 2. Reigns called for the Superman Punch. Devitt ducked it and looked to rally but Reigns knocked him into the corner. Reigns ran into boots in the corner. Devitt kept fighting. Devitt ducked a big right hand but Reigns came back with another right. Devitt landed an overhead kick and they were both down in the middle of the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: What a matchup from these two men!

They got up and traded big right hands in the middle of the ring. Devitt unloaded but Reigns delivered one stiff shot to the gut to take control. Devitt blocked a powerbomb and nailed a double stomp in the middle of the ring. Devitt got fired up now. Devitt followed through with shoulder thrusts in the corner. Devitt got more kicks and punches. Reigns grabbed him and sent him through the ropes to the floor. Reigns tried to follow after but Devitt ended up trapping Reigns in the apron cover and unloading with offense as fans cheered him on. The referee warned him.

Nigel McGuinness: Devitt isn't letting up!

Reigns got out of the apron trap but Devitt ran the ropes and leapt out, taking Reigns down on the floor with a big dive. Devitt brought it back in and went to the top but Reigns avoided the Coup de Grace. Reigns came right back with the Superman Punch but Devitt kicked out at 2.

Mauro Ranallo: NO!

Reigns showed just a little frustration. Reigns shook his head and got back to his feet first. Reigns went for a Spear but Devitt kicked him. Devitt rolled Reigns up for a very close 2 count. Devitt went on and delivered some more offense but Reigns kicked out once again. Devitt was riled up now as fans cheered him on. Devitt pointed his guns at Reigns and dropkicked him into the turnbuckles. Devitt went back to the top and nailed the Coup de Grace this time.

3!

Mauro Ranallo: Prince Devitt has done it. What a victory!

Devitt celebrated in the ring, throwing both arms in the air and posing for the fans.

Nigel McGuinness: I can't begin to imagine... wait...

The Tron had lit up to find Sarah Schreiber standing backstage outside the Rated RKO locker room with Edge.

Sarah Schreiber: Edge, Roman Reigns is the number one contender for your EBWF Gateway Championship and...

Edge: ...And he just lost his second match in a row.

Edge laughed.

Edge: Just when I thought there might be some damn competition around here, but no. Roman Reigns got real confident when he became the number one contender and then what? If the EBWF brass want to be fair, they'll have Roman Reigns defend his title opportunity in a Triple Threat match against Prince Devitt and King Xavier before he even thinks about facing me for my championship.

Mauro Ranallo: Strong words from Edge!

Nigel McGuinness: He might have a point, Mauro!

The referee raised Devitt's hand in victory as EBWF went off the air.