The Cole Family Secrets

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

The Cole Family Secrets

Post by Ben M »

OOC: You know where you have a ridiculous idea and go with it? That's what this RP is, haha. Hope you enjoy reading it. Good luck Seige!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scene opened in a cave on a beach. On the floor in the cave were hot coals. Paul London was standing there with Michael Cole. Michael Cole looked concerned.

Michael Cole: Why did you bring me here, Paul? You're not going to make me walk over those hot coals, are you?

Michael laughed nervously. Paul laughed too, which seemed to make Michael Cole even more nervous.

Paul London: Don't play dumb with me, Michael. You know what these coals are... or should I say, COLES.

Paul put a different emphasis on the word, so that Michael Cole knew he meant something different by it. But he was still confused.

Michael Cole: Sorry Paul, I still don't follow.

Paul London: Oh, you do Michael. I know you do. You're just pretending you don't so you don't betray the Cole family secrets. But I already know the truth, so you might as well admit it! The evidence is right here in front of us.

Paul picked up two of the hot coals. They were obviously very hot – steam was coming off them, and the skin on Paul's hands was quickly turning red, but Paul didn't flinch. He held the two coals up to the light. One of them had the letters "MC" on it. The other had the letters "AC".

Paul London: These aren't just any coals, Michael, and you know it. These are the sacred COLES. C-O-L-E-S. These are your family birthstones.

Michael Cole: Paul, I've never seen these "Coles" before in my life. There's no one in my family with the initials AC...

Paul shook his head, sadly.

Paul London: Must you still deny the truth, Michael? You forget I have seen everything there is to see, from the past, the present and the future. So whether you want to admit it or not... I know the name of your firstborn. Adam Cole, baby.

Michael pulled a face. He no longer seemed scared of Paul, but he was clearly baffled.

Michael Cole: What?!

Paul London: Adam Cole is your son. He knows it, you know it. And yet when confronted with the truth, the lies remain. You don't realise how much you're hurting him, refusing to acknowledge your firstborn. Your own flesh and blood. Wrestling fans around the globe chant "Adam Cole, bay-bay!" in solidarity with Adam Cole... but what they don't know is that catchphrase was borne out of Adam's pain. The pain of growing up without a father. The pain of you denying his existence.

Michael Cole: I'm not denying anything, Paul. Adam Cole isn't even his real name! His name is...

Paul London: Austin Kirk Jenkins. That's his adopted name, yes. You know all about adoption, don't you? Your two sons are adopted, aren’t they? The ones you acknowledge.

Suddenly Michael Cole looked angry.

Michael Cole: Don't you dare talk about Calvin and Mark. They're nothing to do with this...

Paul nodded sadly.

Paul London: You're right, I'm sorry. They're innocent bystanders in this. Your wife, Yolanda, she has no idea of the truth either. You've kept it a secret for so long, but I know. I have traced the Cole family back, Michael... all the way back to Henry Cole, the inventor of the holiday card! Lots of talent in the Cole family, isn't there? Especially musical talent. Nat King Cole, his daughter Natalie, the acclaimed rapper Jermaine Lamarr Cole. They're all relatives of yours, Michael. Did you know that? Their Coles are here too.

Paul dropped the two hot coals he had been holding and picked up three more, one by one. They each carried the initials of the people he had mentioned. Michael sighed. He was tired, and just wanted to get out of here as quickly as possible.

Michael Cole: Okay, Paul. Let's pretend you're right.

Paul London: I am right. Of course I'm right. I'm always right.

Michael rolled his eyes.

Michael Cole: Sure you are. Okay, let's say you're right and this cave us some deep dark Cole family secret that you've uncovered. Why are we here, right now? What are you trying to accomplish?

Paul spoke softly as he responded. There was a tone of regret in his voice.

Paul London: I simply wanted to give you a chance to acknowledge the truth, Michael, before it was too late. Adam is going down a dark path, and it all stems from the sense of abandonment he feels. The ring name "Adam Cole" was no coincidence, Michael. He chose it for you. He wanted to make sure you knew that he knew you're his father. And your continued refusal to embrace your son has caused a lot of anger. You saw the alliance he has assembled, didn't you? Prince Devitt, the Young Bucks, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Bad Luck Fale. They have aligned themselves with Adam to help him seek vengeance. Myself, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus, we were just sacrificial lambs. Adam and his "club" will try and take out everyone in EBWF, one by one. But their ultimate target, Michael... is you. So consider this a warning, my friend. There are two people that can stop Adam Cole on his rampage, you and I. You can save him with love... but if I have to stop him, there will only be pain. On Warfare, I will do what I must.

Paul walked away, leaving Michael Cole to ponder what he had said. Michael shook his head, muttered "what an idiot", then followed Paul out of the cave as the scene drew to a close.