Providence of La Diosa de la Lucha Libre

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

Providence of La Diosa de la Lucha Libre

Post by Billy »

----------------------------------------
EBWF.net Exclusive Video
On Screen

Raquel Diaz was standing next to some random shipping crates in a pair of black leather pants, a denim cropped jacket and a shredded black t-shirt. The EBWF Women’s Championship not only hung around her waist but was represented on her jacket with a little gold pin on her lapel. She had a wicked grin on her face as the shot faded in. She placed a hand on her hip and tilted her head slightly to one side. Her smirk looked more twisted and villainous at this angle, and she was aware of it.

Raquel Diaz
What do you know, another year has come and gone. Now a new year has dawned and with it the millions of resolutions that are as quickly abandoned as they are taken up. Half hearted promises to do better, eat better, work harder and live a fuller life. We’ve all heard them, we’ve all made them and undoubtedly we’ve all broken them. Es una triste verdad. For myself, I’ve made my intentions for the new year known. I resolve to be a fighting champion. To lead this division the way it should be lead. To be a fighting champion. And, the new year has already presented me with an opportunity to show that I’m not just tough talk. Because Trish Stratus has finally invoked the rematch clause, for the title defense she failed at almost a year ago. Don’t worry, this happens every time the Universe starts to forget she exists. However, this one has me confundida, Trish has given away her rematch. She has taken the road that leads away from facing me and instead put Alexa Bliss in the path of harm. All under the guise of benevolence. Alexa, she’s not in it for you. Additionally, I’m sorry that she’s put you in the camino del dano.

Raquel adjusted the title and coughed. Her smile twisted into a sneer. Her eyes hardened and homed in on the camera. Her head tilted back to full upright.

Raquel Diaz
That’s not the here and now. That’s the future of the EBWF Women’s Division. This week I find myself face to face with a returning Bayley. Making her triumphant return from Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility. I’m sure a certain ex guardia had nothing to do with her timely release. Either way, EBWF and Wes Ikeda have seen it in their good graces to give her another shot at a career to go along with her newfound freedom. You heard that right, the hugger who clung to tight to the curb is back. She ran down a helpless civilian and now she’s looking to run down the EBWF Women’s Division with the same careless, reckless, ruthless attitude. But, I’ve got to be honest, beyond her recent prison release I know relatively little about my opponent this week.

Raquel nodded to herself and frowned slightly. She adopted a more open demeanor, appealing to the sensibilities of the empty room. She brushed aside her jacket in a flourish to place her hand on her heart.

Raquel Diaz
I know who she used to be. I know the talent she used to show. I know that her demeanor flip flops from huger to hater quicker than you could say falsificadora. She could have been a bright shinning star in the constellations. She could have alumbro el camino in much the same way the previous generation did for her. But she strayed from the path in the most important of ways. She made herself a figure that couldn’t be respected. A talent that couldn’t be trusted. A star that couldn’t guide a ship on a clear night’s sky. Su reputacion esta muerta. Forever.

Raquel tilted her head toward the ground, brought her hands up in mock prayer and whispered to herself something almost altogether inaudible. She made the sign of the cross and kissed her fingertips. As she brought her head back up the smile on her face gave away her true feelings. The wicked grin had drawn back to her face. She licked her teeth.

Raquel Diaz
Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if her newly minted registro was nothing more than publicity to try and reignite her flailing wrestling career. You want eyes on you Bayley? Is that the game we’re playing? If so, this week on Warfare is your golden ticket to the big times. This is your chance to show the world what you’re made of, what you can do, who you can be. You’re about to be in the main event of Warfare with the most watched woman in the industry! It’s your opportunity to squander. But continuing with this theme of honestidad, the only waste that matters is the fact that you’re a waste of my time. Un desperdicio de mi talento. My time is better spent defending the title against Alexa Bliss. In case you weren’t aware that is about as low as you can fall on the totem pole in EBWF. You’re the bottom rung of the ladder chica. You may even be so far down the ladder it’s better to call you the ground. But, don’t let it go to your head. I’m not calling you the foundation of this division.

Raquel pulled the title up slightly with exaggeration. She was making a clear show of the belt around her waste to the camera. She glanced down at it.

Raquel Diaz
Despite what you think about yourself, you didn’t rebuild women’s wrestling. That’s a claim that can only be made by one woman in the EBWF. La Diosa de la Lucha Libre! And, you’re looking at her right now. I’ve carried this division, this company, and this industry on my back to new heights that you can’t even dream of. Look at my accomplishments! My debut in EBWF came with my first reign as EBWF Women’s Champion! Two impressive wins in EBWF’s abandoned Rumble. Making me the last woman in history to win that match. Both times resulting in a title around my waist, if you weren’t already keeping count! I headlined the first ever special edition of Warfare with the greatest match in the history of Women’s wrestling. Tres Locas Etapas. I’ve made myself a staple of the EBWF, the centerpiece of this company and the cornerstone of this division. I hold it all on my shoulders.

Raquel shrugged as if to indicate the weight of it all was nothing. She looked down her nose at the camera disapprovingly.

Raquel Diaz
Meanwhile you were, supposedly, wasting away in prison. Your prime years slowly slipping away while you made vino de tocador. Yet you’re back. You’ve decided to make another go in MI EMPRESA. You’ve shown your face in MI VESTUARIO. You think you can make a play for MI TITULO? DE NINGUNA MANERA! It’s not going to happen! You’d be better off packing up your belongings, heading back to San Diego on the same bus the dropped you off and pleading guilty. See Bayley, you’re about to realize that evidence mishap didn’t set you free. It didn’t free you from a twenty-year confinement. It sentenced you to a fate far, far, far worse. You’re about to walk into a match that you have no hope of winning. Ninguna. Against a woman you have no hope of beating. Ninguna. Who’s going to lock you into a hold you have no hope of walking away from. Ninguna. The Universe already knows I’m talking about the Lasso from El Paso. They have seen it work its magic! The lock that’s brought this division to rest squarely around my waist. A move that is about to make me even more legendary than I already am. Just you wait and see.

Raquel held up two fingers, like a peace sign. But the fire in her eyes made it obvious that she didn’t intend that meaning. She waved them back and forth beside her head. Almost mockingly.

Raquel Diaz
Two matches. A handful of weeks. Less than a month. That’s what stands between me and historia. La campeona femenina reinante mas larga en la historia de la EBWF. The best for the longest. Everyone can see the writing on the wall. The Universe is counting down the days like Bayley in her prison cell. All that and there’s nothing that can stand in my way. Not Bayley, not Bliss, not even Stratus herself. No one is going to stop me from getting my name carved into the stone at the base of that pedestal. No one!

She balled her hand up into a fist and drove it into the palm of her other hand. The thud echoed in the empty room. She let out a long breath with her eyes closed. Her eyes shot open.

Raquel Diaz
Monday, I’m coming down to that ring to prove a hundred different things. I’m coming down to that ring to set an example for the new year. I’m coming down to that ring to prove that I’m more than just a figure head. I lead this division by example. I lead with an iron fist. Anyone who doesn’t step in line get’s beat. Ask anyone. Ask EVERYONE! They’ll tell you that the best in the business is La Diosa de la Lucha Libre. It’s Raquel Diaz and to that there can be no doubt. Yo soy heir to the Guerrero Legacy, the best damn woman to lace up a pair of boots. And, I sport a damn fine piece of arm candy to boot. I’m the best I have ever been and each day I get better. Each day I get stronger, faster, and more dangerous to oppose. With each ticking second of the clock, I grow and the division grows with me. Anyone who doesn’t follow suit is bound to be left behind. Not you, Bayley. You’re a shadow of the woman you used to be. A shade closer to oblivion and although you may have been deemed innocent, there is no absolution for your actions that doesn’t come with the pain of my fists. You’re a shadow and you’re going to reside in my shadow for as long as you call EBWF your home. You best get used to that, it’s a fact of life around here. Nada puede salvarte de mi.

Raquel wrapped her hands around the bottom of the title and pulled it loose from her waist with a quick tug. Her right hand pulled the title up and into the camera’s field of view, consuming the screen. It waved slightly from the forcefulness of the rapid motion. Finally, it came to rest, Raquel’s name hanging across the center of the screen vertically. She pulled the belt back and laid it across her shoulder. Another glance at it.

Raquel Diaz
By providence I’ll see you in Providence. Woe is the irony in that statement. Freedom for you is overrated.

Raquel nodded to the camera before turning her attention back to the title now resting on her shoulder. She ran a hand across it as the shot slowly faded to black. In the last moments a figure stepped in from either side of the screen but it was impossible to make out the forms of either as the video ended in absolute darkness.

Rehwoldt Family Home
Chicago, Il
Off Screen

Shaul was staring out a large window overlooking the frozen white city of Chicago from the couple’s apartment home. The steam from her morning coffee wafted through the air as delicately as the microscopic flakes floating on the breeze outside. Her breath met the glass and turned into fog as the oppressive cold tried to force its way in through the panes. Her thoughts drifted on those cold winds to the coming weeks of work, travel, and very little family time. She had grown accustomed to her husband’s times as champion and him being gone more than her. Now the tables were turned, and she was seeing less of her husband and her daughter than she cared for. The title was a blessing and a curse that kept her on her toes. This moment, early in the morning hours was a last respite before a return to the road that could lead through to the spring months. Matt rounded the corner rubbing the sleep from his eyes and adjusting to the searing light pouring in through the open curtains. The day had yet to reach its brightest point, but it was catastrophic in comparison to the cave that was their room. He stepped up behind her and placed his hand in the small of her back planting a kiss sweetly on her shoulder. She smiled.

Matthew Rehwoldt
I would always know when the road was calling us back. Even if you didn’t set a dozen reminds, three alarms and two wake up calls. This window is the one you use to look forlorn as you contemplate what the future might bring. You didn’t put on slippers and your phone is on the bar. I’d guess you’ve already taken a call, most likely creative. Care to share my love?

She nodded in time with his rhythm because she already knew the words. He could read her like a playbill even when she wanted to contain her feelings. She turned to him with a half-hearted smile and returned his kiss with one of her own.

Shaul Guerrero
We’re moving forward with the creative pitched last week. With maybe something new down the pipeline once this story runs the course.

He understood what she was saying, even if she couldn’t bring herself to form the words. Although they had both walked this road before, it wasn’t one you could adjust to. The industry was fickle and constantly changing by design. The fans desired it, loved it, craved it. Without change the company could grow stagnant like the competition and eventually die.

Shaul Guerrero
When we get to Rhode Island I’m working a program with Pamela. She’s a nice enough girl, I worked with her once back in NXT. Feels like a lifetime ago. Should make for an interesting match, and maybe it will give the Universe a good look at how far she’s come this last year. Although, I admit that I don’t understand her prison storyline. I don’t know if it’s just Wes giving someone too much free reign or if creative is trying to really push her as a terrible person.

Matthew Rehwoldt
I wasn’t sure if it was a work or a shoot. She didn’t really kill someone did she?

Shaul Guerrero
Give management a little more credit than that. There is no way they would put her back in a ring if she had run a pedestrian over while drinking and driving. It just wouldn’t happen. You know this isn’t like WWE, you get punished for your poor judgement around here.

Matthew Rehwoldt
Yeah, I suppose your right. Like you said though, as a story it doesn’t make much sense. It may paint her as the heel, but does it give the crowd a reason to hate her, or does it just make them indifferent? That’s a tough one. I guess we will just have to wait and see what she can make out of it. For all we know it has the makings of a great redemption arc.

Shaul put her hand on his chest and laughed slightly. She pushed past him and headed toward the kitchen. On her way around the bar, she palmed her phone and slid it into the pocket of her fluffy white robe. She pulled the refrigerator open and stared into it like an astronaut on the edge of a black hole. In fearful awe that it could pull her in at any moment.

Shaul Guerrero
You have this tendency to view things in the best light. You know that?

Matthew Rehwoldt
Someone has told me that a time or two.

Shaul Guerrero
How do you deal with the looming threat of title matches when the path hasn’t already been laid out? Sometimes I feel like my career is Schrodinger’s cat and I’m just waiting to find out if it’s alive or dead already.

Matthew Rehwoldt
Remember that the title isn’t your career. Sure, it may boost you to the top of tv time and put you in positions to further yourself, but you’ve done more with less and you can do it again. They put the title on you because you’re the best women’s wrestler and you’re good for business. Not the other way around. There’s no way they will keep you out of the spotlight for long if they even pull the trigger on a title change.

Shaul Guerrero
This is exactly why I keep you around! You always know how to bring me back from the brink of despair.

She pulled out a carton of eggs and set them on the counter, followed by heavy cream, shredded cheese and a partially chopped onion. Matt, sensing her objective, moved toward the stove to get out a skillet and some non-stick spray. Only when she was truly troubled did Shaul start making omelets.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*