Warfare Results - 02/14/2022

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results - 02/14/2022

Post by Ashlee »

SEGMENT

EBWF cold opened inside of the arena.

“You Think You Know Me!”

Mauro Ranallo: Get ready folks… It's time for Warfare!

The Rated R Superstar came from behind the curtain to ruckus applause from the crowd.

Christy Hemme: Introducing, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada! He is the EBWF Gateway Champion, one half of the longest reigning EBWF Tag Team Champions of all time, and the Raaaated R Suuuuuuperstar, EDGE!

He stood on the stage soaking it in, with his tag title over one shoulder and the Gateway Championship around his waist. He pushed a pair of aviator sunglasses off of his face and into his hair as he posed with two rock fists in the air, pyro blasting off behind him. He swaggered to the ring in distressed dark jeans, motorcycle boots, and a worn leather jacket. He gave a fist bump to a kid in the front row before climbing into the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: It looks like Edge has something to say, Mauro.

Mauro Ranallo: He damn near won the Last Survivor Match. I’d imagine he has a lot on his mind.

Edge took the tag title and draped it over the top rope, freeing his hands to remove his leather jacket. He handed it off to Christy Hemme revealing a black shirt with white block letters. “RATED RKO VS EVERYBODY”. He threw the tag title back over his shoulder and reached into his back pocket for a microphone.

Edge: Judging by that applause, I think it’s safe to say that you already know who you’re looking at.

The crowd cheered.

Edge: But considering the blatant disrespect I’ve experienced over the last month, I’m gonna go ahead and take a second to remind ya.

He paused.

Edge: I am a two time EBWF World Champion. I have done everything. I’ve basically beaten everyone. I am a six time EBWF Tag Team Champion. I am the longest reigning tag team champion… no scratch that… I am the LONGEST REIGNING CHAMPION IN EBWF HISTORY. Period. EVER.

The crowd cheered again.

Edge: And the reason I’m here tonight, is because I’m also the EBWF Gateway Champion. And there’s been a whole lot going on in the EBWF Gateway Championship scene.

Edge turned toward the ropes. He quickly removed both of his belts, securing them to the top rope by snapping them closed. Then he stood up on the turnbuckle and took a seat at the top, lounging with one arm on his knee.

Edge: So, I think I’d be doing you a disservice, if I came out here, nothing but Edge and told you about this. So, I’m gonna break the fourth wall. Break kayfabe. Shoot. Time for ole Uncle Adam to tell you a story.

He waited for the pop as he pushed his hair out of his face.

Edge: So I know what you’ve heard. I know it’s been all over the internet, all over social media… Wes Ikeda and Edge got in a shouting match backstage at Last Survivor. And “sources”...

He did air quotes with one hand.

Edge: …say it got very loud and Randy Orton had to drag Edge from the room.

Edge nodded.

Edge: So let me say something to you Dave Meltzer, Wade Keller, Sean Ross Sapp… I know you’re jizzing your pants because I’ve just said your name live on Warfare, but I feel obligated to tell you that your sources are pretty ill informed. Let me tell you something about my relationship with Wes Ikeda, as if I owe anybody an explanation.

Edge scratched his neck.

Edge: I grew up the only child of a single parent. My mom has passed. I don’t have any brothers or sisters.

He pointed to his shirt.

Edge: Randy is my family, and his family is my family, and the conversation Wes and I had was a family matter. Did it concern my career? Absolutely. Were we incensed, enraged and irate with one another. Not more than usual.

He grinned.

Edge: So here’s what went down. You’ve probably noticed that in the last month, the #1 contender for the Gateway Championship, Roman Reigns…

There were boos, but Edge pushed through.

Edge: …has been nowhere to be found. You probably noticed I was in the last survivor match and not in the title defense match I was supposed to have. And you’re damn right I was mad about it. I was very mad. Because the ugly truth is that Roman Reigns walked out on us.

Edge paused for dramatic effect.

Edge: He didn’t think I was worth facing. He didn’t think King Xavier was worth facing. He didn’t think Prince Devitt was worth facing. He wasn’t going to settle for anything less than a match with Chris Jericho or The Miz. And to tell you the truth, that pissed me off, because Roman Reigns should want to perform for you! But instead, Roman Reigns thinks he’s a bigger deal than he is! Roman Reigns wanted to walk around here like he was a top guy, when the rest of us have been here for ten or twenty years.

Edge laughed.

Edge: So imagine Roman’s surprise when EBWF called his bluff. Roman Reigns thought he had more value than Edge. Roman Reigns thought he was a big damn deal and EBWF was happy to tell him otherwise. So, needless to say, he doesn’t work here anymore and I’m still your Gateway Champion.

Edge stood up off the turnbuckle, and shook his head. He paced back to the center of the ring.

Edge: Then I went out and ALMOST won the Last Survivor match only to be outsmarted by one of those pests, the Gunn Brothers. I honestly don’t know which one. They don’t pay me to know these things. But in the wake of Last Survivor, we’re left to deal with the Fallout of our new number one contender. The Fallout of Roman Reigns’ choices. The Fallout of the fact that I am absolutely due for a career defining moment. So while Roman, and all these other wrestlers sitting at home wishing they were in EBWF, failing to understand that to be a top guy, you have to beat a top guy, I’m here to tell you that at Fallout, there will be hell to pay.

Edge dropped the mic.

Mauro Ranallo: What?

Suddenly Edge pointed across the arena into the rafters and a huge logo, reading Fallout dropped from the ceiling. Once it had cleared the eaves it exploded with pyrotechnics.

Nigel McGuinness: You know what this means, Mauro?!

Mauro Ranallo: I think I do, Nigel! Join us Sunday, March 27th to experience EBWF Fallout.

“Metalingus” hit again and a promo for Fallout began to play.

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, after making an impressive debut in the men’s Last Survivor match, Alex Kane wrestles his first singles match as he goes one on one with Kevin Steen!

“Suplex Assassin” hit and the crowd booed as Alex Kane made his way to the ring, accompanied by Richard Holliday, KC Navarro and Ace Austin.

Mauro Ranallo: Well here comes Alex Kane, accompanied by three members of Dynasty… but where is MJF?

Nigel McGuinness: He’s not here tonight, Mauro! Well not yet, anyway.

Mauro Ranallo: Well that’s a bonus, at least, although if I were Kevin Steen I wouldn’t feel comfortable having the rest of Dynasty at ringside…

When Kane was in the ring, “Unsettling Differences” by Blue Smock Nancy hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Kevin Steen headed to the ring. Upon entering the ring, Steen immediately charged towards Kane and hit him with a series of punches as the referee called for the bell. Kane fought back with some right hands of his own, then whipped Steen into the corner. Steen ran out of the corner, hitting Kane with a clothesline then followed up with a Senton splash. He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Kane kicked out! Steen pulled Kane to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then ran at him, hitting a bodypress. Kane fell into a sitting position, and Steen went for the cannonball… but Kane moved out of the way! Kane rolled out of the ring, pulled Steen out of the ring and hit him with a T-Bone Suplex onto the ramp, then slid back into the ring and yelled at the referee to count him out. The referee began counting - 1… 2… 3… 4… 5… Steen got to his feet and headed back towards the ring as the referee counted 6. Navarro, Holliday and Ace Austin tried to block Steen off, but Steen shoved them aside and rolled back into the ring as the referee counted 7. As Steen got to his feet, Kane grabbed him from behind, hitting a bridging German suplex. The referee counted - 1… 2… Steen kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Alex Kane reminding everybody once again why they call him the Suplex Assassin. That’s two different kinds of suplex already… how many more will we see in this match?

Kane whipped Steen into the corner, then sat him on the top rope, setting him up for a superplex. Steen blocked it, then countered into a sunset flip powerbomb! He hooked both legs and the referee counted - 1… 2… Kane kicked out! Steen pulled Kane to his feet and hit a body slam, then climbed back to the top rope and signaled for a frog splash… but before he could hit it, KC Navarro climbed onto the ring apron and tried to get into the ring! While the referee was distracted dealing with Navarro, Richard Holliday shoved Steen off the top rope. The crowd booed, and the referee turned around, but Holliday had already jumped down off the ring apron and was speaking to Ace Austin, deliberately avoiding the referee’s eye. Back in the ring, Alex Kane pulled Kevin Steen to his feet and hit him with two consecutive gut wrench suplexes, followed by a gut wrench backbreaker! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Steen kicked out! Looking frustrated, Kane dragged Steen back to his feet and hit the Southern Lights Suplex! He hooked the leg once more and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: Well thanks to the assist from Dynasty, Alex Kane gets the victory!

As the referee called for the bell, Ace Austin, KC Navarro and Richard Holliday entered the ring. Holliday threw Steen out of the ring, then the three men celebrated with Alex Kane before making their way to the back.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we’ve got the Breakout Champion Xavier Woods in action as he goes one on one with Jungle Boy!

“Tarzan Boy” by Baltimora hit and the crowd cheered as Jungle Boy made his way to the ring. When Jungle Boy was in the ring, “New Day, New Way” hit and the crowd continued cheering as Xavier Woods headed to the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: Xavier Woods put in an impressive performance at the Last Survivor pay-per-view. First, he retained his Breakout Championship in a triple threat match, defeating Christian Cage and Adam Cole. Then he entered the men’s Last Survivor match at number one and lasted over an hour, making it to the final four.

After Woods had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two men locked up. Woods shoved Jungle Boy back into the corner, then hit him with a series of kicks. Jungle Boy fought back with a series of punches, then went for a clothesline but Woods ducked out of the way and took Jungle Boy down with a drop toe hold. As Jungle Boy got to his feet, Woods hit him with a dropkick to the back, then took him down with an inverted DDT. He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… Jungle Boy kicked out! Woods pulled Jungle Boy to his feet and hit him with a series of chops, then went to whip Jungle Boy against the ropes, but Jungle Boy reversed it, sending Woods against the ropes before hitting a hip toss. As Woods got back to his feet, Jungle Boy put him in a side headlock, but Woods broke free and hit an enzuigiri, then followed up with a Russian legsweep. He hooked the leg once more and the referee counted - 1… 2… Jungle Boy kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Another near fall! Woods in control in these early stages!

Woods pulled Jungle Boy to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes. As Jungle Boy ran back towards him, Woods went for an arm drag, but Jungle Boy blocked it, got behind Woods and hit him with a release German suplex. As Woods got to his feet, Jungle Boy hit him with a double underhook powerbomb, then hooked both legs. The referee counted - 1… 2… Woods kicked out! Jungle Boy turned Woods over and went for the Snare Trap, but Woods fought out of it and as both men got to their feet, Woods whipped Jungle Boy against the ropes before hitting a dropkick. As both men got up, Woods set Jungle Boy up for a bulldog, but Jungle Boy blocked it, then whipped Woods into the corner. Woods got his arms out and grabbed the ropes, stopping himself from hitting the turnbuckles, then jumped up onto the top rope. As Jungle Boy ran towards him, Woods went for a diving crossbody… but Jungle Boy caught him in mid-air, then countered into a fallaway slam!

Nigel McGuinness: What a counter by Jungle Boy!

Both men got to their feet, and Jungle Boy jumped onto Xavier’s shoulders, going for the Reverse Rana… but Woods blocked it, countering with an electric chair drop! Woods then pulled Jungle Boy to his feet, grabbed him by the arm and hit Lost in the Woods! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! Another win for Xavier Woods!

Woods celebrated as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, Maxwell Jacob Friedman was shown getting out of a car.

Mauro Ranallo: I thought tonight was going too well. We're now being graced by the piece of human garbage, MJF.

Nigel McGuinness: Very professional, Mauro. So objective and unbiased.

As MJF was crossing the parking lot, a black pickup truck drove towards him at speed, causing him to jump out of the way, hitting the concrete floor hard. The black pickup sped away from the scene as EBWF personnel ran over to check on MJF.

Mauro Ranallo: Oh my goodness! Somebody just tried to run down MJF in the parking lot.

Nigel McGuinness: You're just upset that they missed! And Mauro, you know whose truck that looked like?

SEGMENT

After a video package recapping the women’s Last Survivor match, the camera cut to the ring. Red and gold balloons had been tied to all four turnbuckles, and inside the ring there was a cake which said “Last Survivor: DMD” along with a giant framed picture of Britt Baker celebrating her victory. Standing in the center of the ring was Alex Marvez.

Alex Marvez: Ladies and gentlemen, at the Last Survivor pay-per-view Britt Baker outlasted nine other women and made history by winning the first ever EBWF Last Survivor match. Dr Baker is now guaranteed a future shot at the EBWF Women’s Championship match, and tonight she wishes to celebrate her momentous victory right here in Minneapolis. Please give a warm welcome to your 2022 Last Survivor, and the number one contender for the Women’s Championship, Dr Britt Baker, DMD!

“The Epic” hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Britt Baker made her way to the ring. Britt was wearing a black t-shirt which said “The Role Model: Dr Britt Baker DMD” in red and white text. Upon entering the ring, Britt took the microphone from Alex Marvez, yelled at him to leave the ring, then signaled for her music to be cut and began to speak.

Britt Baker: Thank you everybody, from the bottom of my heart, for being here tonight to celebrate with me. There are a few things I’d like to say, but first allow me to clarify a couple of points. I did ask The Rock to come out here and introduce me, but apparently he had a prior commitment… so I went for the next best thing, Alex Marvez. Now Alex said I wanted to celebrate here in Minneapolis, but that’s only partly true. I wanted to celebrate because I’ve earned the right to do so, but given the choice I would much rather be celebrating in the place that made me, my hometown Pittsburgh… or as I like to call it, Brittsburgh. Like Alex Marvez, you’re my second choice Minneapolis. And you should be grateful that Warfare was scheduled to be here tonight, otherwise I would not be gracing you with my presence.

The crowd booed her, but Britt ignored them and continued speaking.

Britt Baker: And speaking of being grateful, there is someone I’d like to thank. This person has given me so many opportunities, they’ve pushed me to do better, and without them my success simply wouldn’t be possible. So everybody, please join me in thanking… Dr Britt Baker, DMD! I have worked my ass off the last few years to get here, I have silenced my doubters, and finally I am getting the recognition I deserve. But this is just the start. Winning the Last Survivor match was a stepping stone which will lead me to the ultimate prize… Take a good look, Minneapolis, because you are looking at the next EBWF Women’s Champion.

Before Britt could say anything else, “Papercut” by Linkin Park hit and the crowd cheered as Alexa Bliss made her way to the ring. Upon entering the ring Alexa locked eyes with Britt Baker and held up the Women’s Championship before placing it back around her waist. She then grabbed a microphone and began to speak.

Alexa Bliss: Britt could you please do me and everyone here in Minneapolis a favor and just shut the hell up?

The crowd cheered in agreement.

Alexa Bliss: You won the Last Survivor match, good for you. Honestly I thought it was either gonna be Trish or Raquel so thanks for the surprise, Britt, but I think you're jumping the gun there sweetheart. You may have beaten nine other women, but to get the title, you have to beat the champ.

Alexa patted the gold on her waist. Britt shrugged.

Britt Baker: I’m not an idiot, Alexa. I know I need to beat you to become the champion… but I also know that me beating you is inevitable, and deep down you know it too. Look what happened at Christmas Eve of Destruction. I made you bleed, I knocked you out cold and I was the last woman standing. I am tougher than you, I am a better wrestler than you, and when I face you for that championship, I will beat you all by myself. The only chance you’ve got of retaining against me, Alexa, is if you can get Trish Stratus to be in your corner. After all, she’s the only reason you’re champion… I should be facing Raquel Diaz for that title, but once again I’m having to settle for second best…

Britt laughed and Alexa threw up her hands while walking toward the ropes to leave. Britt taunted the crowd, saying "Look at your champion!" She turned around and was met with a forearm smash from Alexa! Britt was stunned. Alexa grabbed her by the hair and slammed her face into the cake to the delight of the crowd.

Mauro Ranallo: Looks like Britt Baker had her cake and ate it too.

Britt's face was covered in cake as she got to her feet and Alexa was standing behind her with the framed picture in her hands.

Nigel McGuinness: Don't turn around Britt!

Unfortunately, Britt did turn around and Alexa smashed the picture over her head, laying her out cold.

Mauro Ranallo: Well the Champion has got one over on Britt Baker tonight.

Nigel McGuinness: Yeah but you know DMD will be looking for revenge.

"Papercut" played again and Alexa posed with the title as Warfare went to commercial break.

MATCH THREE

“YOU KNOW IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BOOM!”

Mauro Ranallo: We’re in for a huge main event tonight as Adam Cole takes on Chris Jericho.

Adam Cole did his usual entrance, and the crowd gave him a mixed reaction as he hoped up on the turnbuckle, and pointed to himself on cue. Despite the boos, the crowd still shouted “ADAM COLE BAY-BAY” as he took off his jacket and awaited the arrival of Chris Jericho.

“Judas” hit, and the crowd began to sing along as Christy Hemme did the introductions. Jericho made his way down the ramp.

Nigel McGuinness: You have to think after that awful attack by The Miz at Last Survivor, Chris Jericho can’t be feeling 100%.

Mauro Ranallo: If there’s anything we know for sure about Chris Jericho, it’s that he knows the show must go on!

Once Jericho was in the ring, Cole did not let the crowd continue their singing. Instead he charged Jericho and they started off with some lockups before Jericho attacked the ribs of Cole. Jericho went for some joint manipulation and stomped Cole’s arm. Cole made a comeback and stomped away at him. Cole took Jericho down and attacked the leg. Cole applied a knee bar before slamming it. Jericho quickly came back with an suplex. Jericho punched Cole back and chopped the chest. Cole reversed a whip to the corner, but Jericho backflipped over him and connected with a Judas Effect! Jericho stomped the hands and then went for the pin.

1…
2…
Kickout!

Cole rolled out of the ring in pain. Jericho went to the ring apron, and jumped off with a flying forearm.

Mauro Ranallo: Both men are down, and Jericho is trying to get back to his feet!

Jericho eventually got Cole in the ring, but Cole kicked him in the knee. Jericho quickly took him down and kicked him in the back of the head. Cole got his knees up to counter a splash and connected with the Last Shot for a near fall. Jericho avoided the Panama Sunrise and hit a forearm. Cole knocked him back, but Jericho turned him inside out with a clothesline. Jericho set up for something, but Cole countered into a ushigoroshi for a near fall. Jericho tried for a cross arm breaker, but Cole rolled him up for a two count. Jericho suddenly hit a Code Breaker and the crowd went wild. Cole didn’t give up and tentatively pulled himself up. Jericho kicked Cole and wildly chopped the chest. Jericho stuck him a few times before going for a lionsault, but Cole super kicked him out of the air. The crowd was unhinged and started chanting “This is awesome!”, as Cole went for the pin.

1…
2…
Kickout.

Jericho was down, and though frustrated, Cole went to the second rope and leapt, but Jericho caught him mid air for another Codebreaker. The crowd began to boo, and Jericho looked up to the entrance ramp where Prince Devitt was standing with G.O.D.

Nigel McGuinness: No, no no….

On instinct, Jericho went for the pin.

1…
2…
3!

Mauro Ranallo: Jericho wi - no!

The other members of the Bullet Club were storming the ring and taking it to Jericho with stomps to the midsection.

Nigel McGuinness: Chris Jericho has said he needs to fight his own battles…

Mauro Ranallo: This is 4 on 1.

The referee rang the bell frantically, but the beatdown didn’t stop. After a moment, security came pouring out of the backstage area.

Mauro Ranallo: The Bullet Club is outnumbered now.

The four members of Bullet Club bailed as members of security flooded the ring. The referee checked on Jericho as the camera followed a smiling Adam Cole up the ramp. Prince Devitt did his signature finger guns in Chris Jericho’s direction as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote