Warfare Results 02/28/2022

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results 02/28/2022

Post by Ashlee »

SEGMENT

As Warfare came on the air to a cold open, without going to the announcer’s booth, before a familiar word was heard over the PA System.

AWEEEEEEEEEEEESOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE!

I CAME TO PLAY

"I Came To Play" by Downstait bellowed throughout the arena. Paul Heyman came out first in an all grey suit, he was followed by Mickie Mizanin who wore a black cocktail dress. After a few beats, The Miz emerged from the back. He wore a blue designer Suit, and had sunglasses. He had the EBWF Championship over his shoulder. He adjusted it, before walking confidently past his advocate and his wife. He sauntered down the ramp soaking in the boos from the capacity crowd. He arrogantly went through his trademark entrance, before entering the ring and requesting a microphone. Heyman humbly extended his hand asking Miz for the microphone. Miz stared a hole through Paul before smirking and obliging. Paul took the microphone and had an evil menacing grin on his face. His first words brought even louder boos from the audience.

Paul Heyman: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN..

Miz and Mickie both smiled at the increase in volume of their deterrents.

Paul Heyman: MY NAME.. IS... PAUL.. HEYMAN. AND I HUMBLY, PROUDLY, and ENTHUSIASTICALLY stand before you today as the advocate.. ONCE AGAIN.. of the the greatest of the great, CREAM of the CROP, SUPEREST of SUPERSTARS, YOUR FAVORITE WRESTLERS FAVORITE WRESTLER, the now SIX TIME REIGNING and DEFENDING.. EBWF WORLD CHAMPION.. THE MIZ!!!

The crowd was now deafening in boos.

Paul Heyman: You see what you people failed to realize is that sometimes in this business flukes can happen, upsets can take place, but I'm sure that there was NOTHING.. more UPSETTING.. than when Miz stood before you all, VOWED to beat Chris Jericho in the return match.. in a THREE STAGES OF HELL MATCH nonetheless, to regain his much deserved place at the top of this company- I'm sure there was NOTHING more UPSETTING than him NOT ONLY saying that he was going to do it.. but then in turn.. him ACTUALLY BACKING IT UP.. like he knew.. and I knew.. that he would.. I'm sure there was NOTHING more UPSETTING.. for all of you than to have to watch him DECIMATE, PULVERIZE, BELITTLE, your HERO Chris Jericho- and make it so that he would NEVER....

Heyman smiled at Miz who returned the expression.

Paul Heyman: EVVVVVVERRRRRRRR.. get another chance at the title for as long as Miz is Champion.. which my dear friends.. will be a LONG.. LONG.. LOOOONNNNNNNNNG TIME.. much longer than Chris Jericho's feeble little being.. has left in the squared circle. So ipso facto, what my CLIENT has accomplished.. is something FAR greater than becoming the EBWF Champion.. he ALSO.. ensured that the man who has the most title reigns in the company’s history.. has been it's champion.. for the VERY LAST TIME.. BOOO FREAKING HOO.. TOO FREAKING BAD.

The crowd was blowing the roof off the place with heat, as Heyman passed the microphone to Miz. The volume somehow got louder as soon as the stick touched Miz' hand. Miz laid back smiles turned to a very serious expression as he almost sneered at his detractors.

The Miz: Oh will you all just SHUT.. THE HELL.. UP.

The Miz and Heyman once again shared a grin as they poked fun at the man Miz just defeated. Miz got serious once more.

The Miz: In all seriousness Paul, as usual, what you just said was right on the money. You see- I as much as the next guy am a realist. I am realistic. I'm humble.

The crowd booed at his last declaration as it could not have been further from the truth.

The Miz: However, at times my accomplishments.. my talent.. my overall greatness.. makes it VERY VERY hard to be humble.. it makes it very HARD not to be FULL OF MYSELF.. because EVERY fact on the planet.. points to the fact that me being an arrogant son of a bitch.. is not only OK.. it's not only JUSTIFIED.. but it's the ONLY THING THAT MAKES SENSE FOR ME TO BE. In 3 Stages of Hell- I ENDED CHRIS JERICHO- Chris Jericho is never going to be the EBWF Champion ever again.. and it's all because of me. The one thing that Chris holds his head up about.. the one thing that makes Chris proud of his in ring accomplishments is his little record of being the EBWF Champion the most times.. it's a record that I will never beat him in.. because I'm NEVER going to lose this thing as much as he did.. but BOY oh BOY does it feel good to know.. that for all the times he's lost the EBWF Title.. I am going to be his last.. because much like my women.. there has been a lot of them.. but the most important.. is not my first.. but my last.

Mickie put her hands on her heart as if to say "aw"

The Miz: So Chris, I hope you feel the same way about me being the last guy to take this from you.. in your entire career. I hope that it means as much to you as it does to me.. you're a real gem Jericho. You've had a great run. Now grab your Oreos, grab a seat on the couch.. and watch me take this company to new heights as it's BEST CHAMPION OF ALL TIME.

The crowd booed once again as Miz gained momentum.

The Miz: Which is an easy transition from the past to the present. I honestly don't even know who won the Lone Survivor match and I don't care.. so I won't even be addressing that tonight. What I am going to say.. is that whoever my next opponent will be.. whoever is put in the unenviable position of my next challenger.. will be essentially getting a ticket to the unemployment line.. and the same goes for the guy after him.. and the guy after him.. The Miz is on top of the mountain.. I'm going to STAY on TOP of the mountain.. and anyone that tries to climb up there with me is going to get thrown the hell off... and if anyone wants to come make a liar out of me.. simply put..

Go AHEAD.

I DARE YOU.

BECAUSE I'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM THE MIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

AND I'MMMMMMM....

AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Miz flipped the microphone to the ground which caused a loud thud as it hit the mat. Paul put his arm around Miz, as the trio left the ring to a chorus of boos, and after an inauspicious start, Warfare was set to begin.

MATCH ONE

When Warfare came back from commercial, the camera scanned the ring to find Prince Devitt and Matt Sydal already in the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: We have had quite the start to Warfare, and now we're ready for our first match of the night.

Christy Hemme: This match is the first match in the Breakout Title Tournament, introducing first, from St. Louis, Missouri... Matt Sydal!

Sydal put his hand up in the air in greeting to the crowd.

Christy Hemme: And his opponent, from Bray, Ireland... he is Prince Devitt!

Christy got out of the ring, and the bell rang. Devitt immediately attacked Sydal. Devitt sent him into the ropes and hit a back elbow that knocked Sydal out of the ring. Devitt went outside to get him, but Sydal kicked him and bounced him off the apron. Sydal backed him into the apron and put him back into the ring. Devitt took him down and punched away at him. Sydal escaped and went to the apron. Sydal quickly snapped him off the top rope and tackled him with punches. Sydal stomped the midsection for a two count. Sydal clubbed away at Devitt in the corner and hit a snapmare before applying a chin lock. Sydal cinched it in, but Devitt eventually fought up. Sydal fought back and went for a sunset flip, but Devitt rolled through and dropkicked him. Devitt clotheslined him out of the ring and went for a running kick, but Sydal blocked it. Sydal swept the feet and hung him off the apron for a neck breaker. Sydal went for the pin, but it was no good!

Nigel McGuinness: I thought Sydal might have had him there!

Sydal was frustrated and applied another chin lock. Devitt fought up and hit a jawbreaker. Sydal quickly sent him to the corner, but Devitt booted him back. Devitt clotheslined him down and hit a running forearm followed by a double stomp to the chest. Devitt kicked him in the ribs and stomped away at him. Sydal fought back and hit a dropkick for a two count. Sydal missed an avalanche in the corner, and Devitt snap kicked him down. Devitt went to the top rope, but Sydal swept the feet. Sydal hit a springboard, and went for the pin, but Devitt countered into a crucifix pin.

Sydal kicked out and lifted Devitt, but Devitt countered into a falling elbow. Devitt dropkicked him into the corner and connected with the Coup de Grâce for the win!

Nigel McGuinness: What a match!

Mauro Ranallo: Prince Devitt advances in the Breakout Championship title! Will he be able to get a shot at Xavier Woods at Fallout?

Devitt's arm was raised in victory as EBWF went to commercial.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we’ve got the former Breakout Champion Christian Cage going up against “The Most Marketable Man in Professional Wrestling”, Richard Holliday!

Nigel McGuinness: And as the stable wars continue here in EBWF, all members of The Coalition and Dynasty have been banned from ringside!

"Diamonds Are Forever" hit and the crowd booed as Richard Holliday made his way to the ring. When Holliday was in the ring, "Take Over V2" hit and the crowd cheered as Christian Cage headed to the ring. Once Christian had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two men locked up. Christian pushed Holliday back into the corner, then hit him with a series of punches. Christian sat Holliday on the top rope and set him up for a superlex, but Holliday blocked it, then kicked Christian away before hitting a dropkick. As both men got to their feet, Holliday hit Christian with a series of right hands before whipping him against the ropes. As Christian ran back towards him, Holliday hit a big boot, followed by a knee drop. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Christian kicked out! Holliday stomped on Christian several times, then pulled him to his feet and set him up for a suplex… but Christian blocked it, countering with a suplex of his own.

Mauro Ranallo: Great counter there by Christian Cage!

Christian grabbed Richard Holliday by the legs and put him in the Cloverleaf, but Holliday was able to get to the ropes. Christian broke the hold, then pulled Holliday to his feet and hit him with a series of backhand chops. As Holliday tried to fight back, Christian hit him with a knee to the midsection, before dragging him to the corner and slamming his head off the turnbuckle. Christian trapped Holliday in the corner and hit him with a series of kicks, then took several steps back. Christian ran at Holliday, going for a corner clothesline… but Holliday ducked out of the way and grabbed Christian from behind, rolling him up with a schoolboy! The referee counted - 1… 2… Christian kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Holliday almost stole a victory there!

As both men got to their feet, Holliday set Christian up for a back drop, but Christian blocked it and countered with a bulldog, then climbed to the top rope. Christian went for a frog splash… but Holliday got his knees up! As Christian clutched his ribs, Holliday dragged him to his feet and set him up for the Market Crash… but as he lifted Christian up, Christian got behind him and hit a falling inverted DDT! Both men got to their feet, and Christian hit the Unprettier, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! An impressive victory for Christian Cage, who advances to the second round of this tournament.

Nigel McGuinness: MJF will be devastated, Mauro… his hopes of an all Dynasty final have been dashed at the first hurdle!

Christian celebrated as a video promoting Fallout began to play.

SEGMENT

The crowd cheered as "Papercut" hit and the EBWF Women's Champion Alexa Bliss made her way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Here comes Alexa Bliss who is not in a good mood tonight.

Nigel McGuinness: Of course she's not Mauro. She watched her mother get threatened and nearly attacked by Britt Baker last week.

Alexa grabbed a microphone and entered the ring as her music cut.

Alexa Bliss: When a child is born into the world there is a certain amount of responsibilities bestowed upon the parents. Throughout childhood one of the responsibilities given to the parents is to protect the son or daughter and that continues up until the child becomes an adult at which point the responsibility shifts, now it's the job of the son or daughter to protect the parent. Last week I… failed at that responsibility. Last week I watched my mom be threatened and almost assaul…

Alexa paused and took a deep breath to keep herself composed.

Alexa Bliss: I watched my mom almost be assaulted by Britt Baker last week. Now other than being shaken by the whole thing my mom is fine. Now Britt when our match at Fallout became official, I figured that it would be the usual game where we talk about how much we hate each other and then we clash at the pay-per-view, but Britt you have decided that not only do you want to beat me you want to hurt me emotionally because the only thing that matters to you is taking the EBWF Women's championship.

Alexa looked down at the championship around her waist and shook her head.

Alexa Bliss: Britt you have made the biggest mistake of your life because now I don't just want to beat you at Fallout, I want to hurt you badly and I'll get to do just that because our match is not gonna be a regular match. I get to take my time Britt because our match at Fallout is gonna be a No Disqualification Iron Woman Match.

The crowd cheered loudly at this announcement.

Alexa Bliss: Britt, for thirty minutes I get to do whatever I want to you and I will enjoy every moment of it and one last thing, mom I know you're watching, and for what happened last week from the bottom of my heart I just want to say I'm…

Before Alexa could say anything else, she was interrupted by Britt Baker, who appeared on the tron.

Britt Baker: Oh hi, Alexa! Were you going to say sorry to your mom? You should be sorry... but not just for what happened last week. You should be sorry for being a lifelong disappointment.

Alexa tried to respond, but Britt cut her off once again.

Britt Baker: As for a No DQ Iron Woman match... challenge accepted. After what I put you through at Christmas Eve of Destruction, I'm surprised you want to bring weapons into the mix again. But I guess you know you can't out wrestle me. At least if you can use a weapon, or get your friends in The Coalition involved, you might stand a chance of beating me.

Alexa Bliss: I don't need any help to beat you, Britt. In fact, if you're so confident, why don't you come out to the ring and fight me right here, right now?

Alexa placed her title and the microphone down, then clenched her fists in anticipation of a fight. Britt Baker laughed and shook her head.

Britt Baker: Oh I'm happy to fight you, Alexa... but it will be on my terms, not yours. I have no intention of coming out to the ring, so if you want to fight me tonight, you'll have to come and get me. But be quick... I've decided I don't want to spend any longer in Seattle, so I'm about to head back to the airport.

Britt sarcastically waved to Alexa as her video was cut. Alexa ran to the back as Warfare went to a commercial break.

When Warfare returned from commercial, Britt Baker was seen walking towards the parking lot. Alexa ran towards her, but before she could get to Britt, Leva Bates attacked her from behind!

Mauro Ranallo: I have a feeling this was a set up!

Laughing, Britt joined Leva Bates and the two of them beat down Alexa, then powerbombed her onto a car! Alexa fell to the ground, and Britt and Leva got into another car, driving away as EMTs and members of The Coalition rushed onto the scene to check on Alexa.

MATCH THREE

"Unsettling Differences" hit and Kevin Steen made his way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: This one is sure to be a showstopper Nigel!

Christy Hemme: This match continues the Breakout Title tournament! Introducing first, from Marieville, Quebec, Canada, Kevin Steen.

Kevin Steen got into the ring, and turned to the entrance to await his opponent.

"YOU KNOW IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BOOM!"

The crowd popped for Cole's theme as Adam Cole came out to the ring.

Christy Hemme: And his opponent, from Lancaster, Pennsylvania he is Adam Cole!

Cole got into the ring, and did his signature Boom taunt. He got into the ring, and the bell rang. The crowd was chanting for Kevin Steen. Cole waved them off and circled around Steen and dropped down before applying a side headlock. Cole cinched it in. Steen tried to lift him, but Cole tightened it up. Steen finally did lift him up, but Cole cranked up the pressure and returned to his feet. Steen broke the grip and powered out. Steen locked hands with him and wrenched the arm. Cole screamed in pain and went to the apron to break the hold. Steen dragged him into the ring and lifted him up by the arm. Steen dropped him, and Cole fell to his knees in pain. Steen cinched in the greco roman knuckle lock and blocked a kick. Steen shoulder blocked him down, and Cole got out of the ring to recover. Steen went outside and charged, but Cole moved. Steen’s momentum sent him hard into the barricade, knocking it down.

Mauro Ranallo: Steen's size just took out the barricade! These men want this Breakout Title opportunity badly!

Cole broke the count-out and bounced him off the steps. Cole hit a bicycle kick and knocked him back. Cole got in the ring to break the count again. Cole bounced Steen off the ring steps a few times. Steen got in the ring, and Cole hit a swinging neck breaker. Cole talked a little trash and forearmed him in the face. Cole staggered him with some strikes and took him down to a knee with the bicycle kick. Cole hit another neck breaker for a one count. Cole kneed in and grapevined the head. Cole cinched in the hold, but Steen started powering out. Cole cut him off and kept it applied. Steen grabbed him by the neck, but Cole fought out and hit a bicycle kick. Cole hit a hangman’s neck breaker for a two count. Cole shouted that Steen will never win the big one. Cole set up for a Last Shot, but Steen fights back and hit a running forearm. Cole quickly avoided a shot and hit a bicycle kick. Steen immediately responded with a huge power slam for a near fall.

Mauro Ranallo: I thought Steen had it there!

Steen viciously chopped the chest and looked at the ropes. Cole kicked the legs out from under him and crotched him on the second turnbuckle. Cole connected with a backstabber for a near fall. Steen powered Cole off him. Cole landed on the apron and headed to the top rope. Cole avoided a right hand and stunned him with a punch. Cole started to climb, but Steen head-butted him to the apron. Steen went to the second rope and pulled Cole up. Steen deadlifted him up for a superplex, but can’t get him over. Steen got another burst of strength and hit a deadlift superplex for a near fall!

Nigel McGuinness: How did Adam Cole find the strength?

Cole stunned Steen with an enzuigiri and kicked him. Cole hits the ropes, but Steen counters him with a sit-out power bomb. Steen covered, but Cole gets his hand on the bottom rope to break the pin. Cole quickly rolled out of the ring to recover. Steen looked frustrated. Cole quickly knocked Steen back and got in the ring. Steen avoided a bicycle kick and hit a big stunner for another near fall. Steen slowly climbed to the second rope and connected with a frog splash for yet another near fall! Steen was shaking his head. Cole looked stunned. Steen got to his feet and lifted Cole up. Steen put him on his shoulders for a back body drop, but Cole landed on his feet and super kicked him. Cole super kicked him again, kicked him down to his knee, and hit the Last Shot!

Mauro Ranallo: Could it be?!

3!
Nigel McGuinness: What a hellacious match.

Mauro Ranallo: Adam Cole wins and proceeds to the next round of the tournament.

An add for EBWF Shop began to play just before the main event.

MAIN EVENT

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, it’s time for our main event… two of the youngest superstars on the EBWF roster go one on one as the 24 year old Jungle Boy takes on 25 year old MJF!

“Tarzan Boy” by Baltimora hit and the crowd cheered as Jungle Boy made his way to the ring. When Jungle Boy was in the ring, “Better Than You” hit and the cheers quickly turned to boos as MJF stepped out onto the stage, wearing one of his burberry scarves. As he made his way down the ramp, MJF taunted the crowd, then upon entering the ring he began mouthing off at Jungle Boy. The referee went to call for the bell, but MJF stopped him, telling the referee to let him remove his scarf first. MJF slowly took his scarf off… then threw it in Jungle Boy’s face and hit him with a series of punches! The crowd booed as the referee abruptly called for the bell. MJF put Jungle Boy in a headlock, but Jungle Boy fought out of it and whipped MJF against the ropes, before taking him down with a shoulder tackle. As MJF got to his feet, Jungle Boy hit him with a series of chops to the chest, then whipped him towards the corner. MJF put his leg up to try and stop himself, but as his foot hit the second turnbuckle, MJF cried out in pain, then dropped to the mat, clutching his right knee.

Nigel McGuinness: This is concerning… MJF could be injured here!

Mauro Ranallo: I wouldn’t hold your breath, Nigel… you know what MJF is like, he will try anything to catch his opponent off guard!

The referee checked on MJF, then signaled to one of the doctors at ringside. The doctor entered the ring and helped MJF to his feet… but as soon as MJF was up, he charged towards Jungle Boy, clobbering him with an elbow smash!

Mauro Ranallo: I told you, Nigel… what a cheap shot!

As Jungle Boy got to his feet, MJF hit a backbreaker, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1… 2… Jungle Boy kicked out! MJF got to his feet and stomped on Jungle Boy several times, then hit a knee drop. He sat Jungle Boy up and went for a chinlock, but Jungle Boy broke free, and as both men got to their feet Jungle Boy hit a series of punches, followed by a clothesline. Jungle Boy worked over MJF with repeated chops to the chest, then set him up for a suplex… but MJF blocked it and threw Jungle Boy out of the ring, then slid out to the floor and slapped him across the face.

Mauro Ranallo: Another cheap shot! Is there any need to slap your opponent like that?

Nigel McGuinness: There’s no rule that says you can’t slap your opponent, Mauro! I’m sure you wouldn’t be complaining if Jungle Boy was slapping MJF!

MJF grabbed Jungle Boy and went to slam his head against the ring post, but Jungle Boy blocked it and threw MJF into the ringside barrier, then slid back into the ring. As MJF got to his feet, Jungle Boy ran against the ropes, before hitting MJF with a corkscrew senton! Jungle Boy threw MJF back into the ring, then hit a DDT. He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… MJF kicked out! Jungle Boy pulled MJF to his feet and hit him with a series of chops to the chest, but MJF fought back with some chops of his own. The two men continued to exchange hard chops, leaving both men with red chests. Jungle Boy then grabbed MJF and went for a European uppercut, but MJF blocked it, countering with a shot to the throat! Jungle Boy stumbled backwards and MJF hit a superkick, then pulled MJF to his feet and hit the Double Cross! He hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! MJF gets the victory!

Mauro Ranallo: Questionable tactics by Maxwell Jacob Friedman, but he advances to the second round of the tournament!

MJF celebrated, laughing as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote